Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2017
Very challenging at times but fun to work at the same time. The pay was average to the employees and my recommendation they could have paid a little bit more.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Dislike the points system for employees
exellent employer
CRNP (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2017
I have been very pleased to work for Huntsville Hospital. Management and coworkers are pleasant and professional. I have been employed with Huntsville Hospital over 10 years and enjoyed my career here. I plan to continue full-time employment at HH and am pursuing part-time work.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Medical Assistant/ Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 10, 2017
A typical day of work consists of building EMR charts, Constructing and building referrals, Patient Care Triaging and evaluating patients, further consist of managing the front office the administration checking in and discharging patient while answering phone calls. Faxes, and incoming paperwork, documents are prioritized for review and or filed and responded to accordingly.
Pros
great staff
productive and teamwork inspired environment
RN Emergency Department- Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 2, 2017
This hospital environment is by far one of my favorite. I enjoy working with others who desire to provide as great of quality care as quantity or even more!
Pros
discounted lunches and more
Large and Busy
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2017
Theres definitely a lot to learn here, from all different medical stand points, such as dialyisis, trauma and much more. Its a very fast paced job so be ready to work!
Busy workplace
Blood Bank Processor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 26, 2017
Huntsville Hospital is a good place to work for healthcare benefits. The atmosphere can be very tense in times that a trauma comes in. Th hardest part of my job is making sure that all instruments are clean each week.
Productive working environment
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 26, 2017
There is much that you can learn working at Huntsville Hospital. There is a wide range of job opportunities there and various shift accommodations. The entire team is oriented towards providing the most comfortable and safe environment for the patients.
Pros
compensation, learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement
Cons
parking accessibility
A Good Starting Point
Registrar Representative ED (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 21, 2017
The people who work here are very nice and tend to lend a helping hand when needed. Hospital hours are very different than normal hours, meaning you will most likely be working half of the weekends every month. Management at the hospital is generally very helpful and always has their door open for their employees.
Lots of hard work
Registered Nurse Neuro Progressive Care (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2017
Dealt with neuro patients. Lots of hard work. Patients were very well taken care of. Dealt with head injuries, strokes, spinal cord injuries, back and neck surgeries and brain tumors.
Huntsville Hospital
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 9, 2017
It takes a strong kind of person to work here. You have to be strong hearted to deal with the everyday stress of a Hospital. You work 12 or more hours a day several days in a roll while dealing with people at their worst. You lose patients all the time and get threatened almost everyday while being judged for everything you do. But, It is worth it. The family you come into is like no other!
Stressful and underpaid
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 6, 2017
Workers are underpaid and barely receive a cost of living raises while administration, CEO, CFO etc receive bonuses based on how well the employees perform.
Cons
Little or no yearly salary increase
Good Employer
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. The management was great as well as the coworkers. They really seemed to care about the individual employee and seemed like they would go out of their way to make a person feel welcomed.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
30 min lunches
Fast paced work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 2, 2017
Huntsville Hospital is the best hospital in North Alabama. Many skilled doctors, nurses and staff. I previously started my nursing career with HH and later moved to AZ. When I came back to AL I looked for a position again with HH. They provide the highest level of care available in the northern valley of AL. I recommend all my family and friends go there for care. Things have changed since I first worked for HH. Management and the healthcare status have caused changes that often lead to differences in how care is given. Overall I would again seek care and employment with HH if needed in the future.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Fast turnover of staff
I volunteered my time
Volunteer ER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2017
This opportunity allowed my the experience to see how ER personnel work in a chaotic environment. I also enjoyed helping individuals and consoling family members.
Pros
I enjoyed giving my time
Cons
I wish I was able to obtain employment.
benifits
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 29, 2017
Benefits were amazing management's not so hot enjoy my job just not the stressful position placed in daily the management makes it seem that we are only there to.work.not socialize with the members of our small community
Pros
benifits
Cons
raises
Fast pace job
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2017
The job was easy. but at times it was very stressful when nobody would pitch in and help or even volunteer to help. It has a lot to do with time management.
Great place to work. Need a job closer to my home.
Insurance precerter (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2017
It's a great place to work. HH is very good to their employees. I enjoy my job and have become very knowledgeable of the medical field since I started there. Being in the medical field has its pros and cons of course. No one wants to be sick and it does pull at your heart strings at times....but it's also a very rewarding job and allows you to bless people as well as be blessed. Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work.
Cardiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2017
I would recommend to people without families or lives period , if you are a mother you would have to have a dept head who has compassion otherwise they are cut throat.
Pros
Employee health
Cons
No breaks
Overall a good hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 6, 2017
Typical Day - Fast & Furious
What I learned - The opportunity to learn is never ending
Management - Questionable at times
Workplace culture - Very good
Hardest aspect of the job - managing very high acuity
Most enjoyable part of the job - the relationships you develop with the other nurses
Pros
Tons of free education
Cons
Lucky to get a single break in a 12 hour shift
Great place
Insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, alApril 26, 2017
Huntsvillle Hospital is a great place to work. Healthy environment with good management. Pay is manageable. You learn the value of a good employee....