Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

A Good Starting Point
Registrar Representative ED (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 21, 2017
The people who work here are very nice and tend to lend a helping hand when needed. Hospital hours are very different than normal hours, meaning you will most likely be working half of the weekends every month. Management at the hospital is generally very helpful and always has their door open for their employees.
Lots of hard work
Registered Nurse Neuro Progressive Care (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2017
Dealt with neuro patients. Lots of hard work. Patients were very well taken care of. Dealt with head injuries, strokes, spinal cord injuries, back and neck surgeries and brain tumors.
Huntsville Hospital
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 9, 2017
It takes a strong kind of person to work here. You have to be strong hearted to deal with the everyday stress of a Hospital. You work 12 or more hours a day several days in a roll while dealing with people at their worst. You lose patients all the time and get threatened almost everyday while being judged for everything you do. But, It is worth it. The family you come into is like no other!
Stressful and underpaid
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 6, 2017
Workers are underpaid and barely receive a cost of living raises while administration, CEO, CFO etc receive bonuses based on how well the employees perform.
Cons
Little or no yearly salary increase
Good Employer
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. The management was great as well as the coworkers. They really seemed to care about the individual employee and seemed like they would go out of their way to make a person feel welcomed.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
30 min lunches
Fast paced work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 2, 2017
Huntsville Hospital is the best hospital in North Alabama. Many skilled doctors, nurses and staff. I previously started my nursing career with HH and later moved to AZ. When I came back to AL I looked for a position again with HH. They provide the highest level of care available in the northern valley of AL. I recommend all my family and friends go there for care. Things have changed since I first worked for HH. Management and the healthcare status have caused changes that often lead to differences in how care is given. Overall I would again seek care and employment with HH if needed in the future.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Fast turnover of staff
I volunteered my time
Volunteer ER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2017
This opportunity allowed my the experience to see how ER personnel work in a chaotic environment. I also enjoyed helping individuals and consoling family members.
Pros
I enjoyed giving my time
Cons
I wish I was able to obtain employment.
benifits
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 29, 2017
Benefits were amazing management's not so hot enjoy my job just not the stressful position placed in daily the management makes it seem that we are only there to.work.not socialize with the members of our small community
Pros
benifits
Cons
raises
Fast pace job
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2017
The job was easy. but at times it was very stressful when nobody would pitch in and help or even volunteer to help. It has a lot to do with time management.
Great place to work. Need a job closer to my home.
Insurance precerter (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2017
It's a great place to work. HH is very good to their employees. I enjoy my job and have become very knowledgeable of the medical field since I started there. Being in the medical field has its pros and cons of course. No one wants to be sick and it does pull at your heart strings at times....but it's also a very rewarding job and allows you to bless people as well as be blessed. Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work.
Cardiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2017
I would recommend to people without families or lives period , if you are a mother you would have to have a dept head who has compassion otherwise they are cut throat.
Pros
Employee health
Cons
No breaks
Overall a good hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 6, 2017
Typical Day - Fast & Furious
What I learned - The opportunity to learn is never ending
Management - Questionable at times
Workplace culture - Very good
Hardest aspect of the job - managing very high acuity
Most enjoyable part of the job - the relationships you develop with the other nurses
Pros
Tons of free education
Cons
Lucky to get a single break in a 12 hour shift
Great place
Insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, alApril 26, 2017
Huntsvillle Hospital is a great place to work. Healthy environment with good management. Pay is manageable. You learn the value of a good employee....
Great company with excellent benefits and pay scale.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2017
Huntsville Hospital has a great work culture and pay is very good. The pay is good and the schedule is awesome. You always know your schedule in advance. I would still be working there if I didn't have to relocate.
Pros
Employee appreciation, excellent support for employees, very organized
Cons
A bit of micromanaging, strict rules enforced
fun and very informative
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed learning more about the different pathologies. Learning about all kinds of congenital patient's how to make sure I take the appropriate pictures for the doctors was so amazing and fun.
Have to work weekends
MT (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 24, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Did not get paid that much. Had to work holidays and weekends. But very professional people. Very stressful and the workload was heavy. Very busy and high paced.
Pros
Get a lot of lab experience
Cons
Working holidays and weekends
It's okay
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 19, 2017
I love working for Huntsville Hospital because I love the healthcare field, but I do feel underpaid for someone who is willing to working weekends with no break during 12 hour shifts. I also feel like the management is poor. The people in director positions have a habit of fixing things that are not broken and making things more inconvenient for patients and employees. The company spends money on things we could do without and doesn't spend money on things we actually need. There are few things that I like, such as the annual bonus, the ability to deduct lunch meals, medications from the pharmacy, co-pay amounts, etc from our paychecks.
Pros
Badge swipes for meals, gift shop and pharmacy; annual bonus, clinic for employees
Cons
No breaks (on my shift), understaffed, poor management
That place was a nightmare
ADMITTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2017
Full of nepotism
It's all about who you know
Management is terrible
The pay is terrible
I feel like management didn't care about the employees.
Not everyone had to follow the rules
hideous outfit
Pros
It was a place that paid me to be there for 12 hours a day
Cons
Everything else
Excellent workplace High quality care
RN (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 11, 2017
Excellent benefits, positive work environment. Fast paced with complex injuries and disease.
Promotes Just culture and High quality care for patients and families.
Everyone works well as a team
Management is lacking
RRT (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 8, 2017
The respiratory management is severely lacking. They overwork their Therapist, the pay is below any other surrounding states, and there is no team effort among the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.