Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good company
HA (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 28, 2016
wouldnt recommend working anywhere that doesnt value employees. This place definitely doesnt. However the money was nice but the administration not so much.
I love working with my coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2016
I love working with coworkers.My supervisor promise me a day shift and never gave it to me working 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. I didn't like it but was waiting to go to days. When I didn't get dayshift had to find a day time job.
Pros
I love working with people
Cons
The 12 hour shifts
productive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 13, 2016
Great smoke free atmosphere. Highly competitive wages with great benefits. Job security is never a question. The most enjoyable part is being able to help others, when they need it the most.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Technician III (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 9, 2016
Most co workers are great. Meet a lot of interesting people. Fast-paced working environment. Great Benefits. Stable job.
Pros
Insurance, competitive pay.
Postpartum
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 25, 2016
Happy floor to work on, Caring for new mothers and infants. A typical start of the day is to check on the status of the patient. Check on how are they doing, what they need. What orders need to carried out . Organization and preparation a must to help secure an easier flowing day in caring of patients throughout the day. Co-workers, great team members. Hardest part of the job, is when the health of either the mother or the infant turns bad. The long 12 hour shifts can sometimes become so exhausting, but the days off are great. Postpartum a great place to work.
Pros
caring for happy, healthy patients.
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
High speed work environment
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2016
Not a bad place to work if you can survive in a very high speed work environment. Good people and good benefits. It's shift work and involves a very high level of integrity.
Fellow employees are great. Management has become inflexible, difficult.
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801April 16, 2016
The hospital used to be a great place to work. The friendships I made are still some of my best. Unfortunately, administration/management have become to worried about whether or not a patients "happy" with their stay and care as if staying at a hotel. Going to a hospital isn't always fun and unfortunately can be a painful undertaking.
Pros
Free employee parking
Cons
Difficult management. Experienced staff isn't encouraged to stay.
over worked and underpaid
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 11, 2016
over worked and underpaid and short on staffing. morality was always down. nurses were over worked and under staffed which made you question the safeness for the patients
Good work experience for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 4, 2016
The nurse will have three to five patients. The new nurse will learn how to treat and prep cardiovascular patients for surgery. The hardest part of the job is time management. Having five patient is over baring and should not happen. Co-workers are supportive and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients get well and being part of there recovery.
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Not getting an uninterrupted lunch.
Many job opportunities.
Psychiatric Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 29, 2016
A day at work is not like any other. The staff are great and hardest part is dealing with unhappy people. Good job with many opportunities.
Pros
staff
Cons
Huntsville Hospital is an advanced healthcare facility dedicated to providing quality patient care.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2016
I enjoyed everyday at Huntsville Hospital. I was awarded the opportunity to learn from various healthcare professionals and apply my knowledge and skills to meet the needs of individual clients.
This job is a fast pace, where perfection is our goal. I am this kind of person. I love the fact we are helping people, maybe even saving lives!
Central processing Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 3, 2016
I am a central processor at Huntsville Hospital in the Laboratory. Our day starts out slow. We do a lot of out patient work, for example blood work, or other labs for patients. The day gets real busy around lunch, we just tighten our belts and do what is necessary to complete each job correctly and in a timely manner. I have learned I can work in stressful environments when needed. We work hand in hand with secretaries, nurses, and doctors to take care of patients. I would say the hardest part is being perfect at a fast pace, but the patients are counting on us, so we do the best possible.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
regularly working weekends- we work short staffed
Excellent place to work and grow to better serve
Safety and Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801February 27, 2016
I've been at the Huntsville Hospital since 2001 and have progressed with the assistance of a great leadership. While they care very much for their employees I've reach my progressive limit within the department.
Pros
True concern for their employees
Provides job training necessary for future employment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 8, 2016
Each rotation of my internship at the hospital has provided valuable experience so when I apply for employment I will have the much needed experience rather than none. I go to work each day at the hospital for 5 hours Monday through Friday.
Pros
Gaining valuable experience
Cons
It is an unpaid internship
Good working environment with many opportunities to learn
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2016
There is a focused daily effort to improve the lives of those we serve. You will quickly learn that dealing with the challenges of health care forces you to be efficient, diligent, patient, caring and above all, empathetic. Management is concerned with setting and achieving operational improvement goals. There exists a healthy core of employees who take pride in their work, company and health care delivery approaches. While the unfortunate realization of the limits of health care may be the worst part of the job, the most fulfilling may be helping the patients, their loved-ones and supporters understand and cope with those limitation. There are even moments when, despite all evidence to the contrary, the outcomes are positive. That is the big win for me.
Pros
Benefits, community outreach
Cons
Negative patient outcomes
Challenging department that drew forth my best on a daily basis
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 4, 2016
This position increased my confidence in myself and my abilities as a nurse. Typical workday was 12 hours a day, and fast paced. Wonderful co-workers who are passionate about what they do. The hardest part of my job was seeing the most critical patients on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction that patients were receiving quality care in a supportive environment.
Pros
Rewarding, fast-paced
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Fun Work Place
ENV (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Every day is an busy day at Huntsville Hospital. Very fast pace work environment. Some day are more crazy then other. There is always something new each and every day, good and bad.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Advancement
good place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 5, 2015
Good place to learn hands on basic nursing skills. Good management and awesome teamwork. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
short breaks
Very clean .
CNA, Medic (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 20, 2015
Productive, fun and awesome place to work at. I learnt so much here especially because i was just getting introduced to the medical field but so far things turned out for the best and i am grateful for the opportunity.
Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 22, 2015
Huntsville Hospital is a excellent place for employment it is also a learning and growth place to be. they have good benefits you are rewarded for the work you put out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.