Huntsville Hospital

Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Many departments are either understaffed. Others are overworked.
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2015
It is a good place to work for any who don't mind an abundance of hours and awkward shifts. Others may feel it encroaches into their personal lives far too much.
A job that matters
Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 23, 2015
I entered orders, did patient care, vital signs, and whatever was asked of me. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients who needed much more than we could provide. The best part of the job was actually making a difference with the patients' that I helped. It felt more like a family, like I was meant to do this job!
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNJune 18, 2015
Pros: peers
Cons: Nurse shortage
Clocked at 0700. As shift lead I made assignments. I "floated" to assist my Nurses with highest acuity patients. I made sure everyone got lunch-or food bought in. I intercepted doctor/Nurse issues if necessary. I stocked. I set up operating room cases. I sterilized equipment. I arranged rare blood delivery. I instructed the nursing students in clinic
It was a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Madison, w&c, MainJune 18, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: lack of communication
I went in washed my hands, made sure the room was set up for procedure. Checked paperwork on chart, talked to pt. waited for doctor. Prepared pt for surgery. Assessed and evaluated pt. before taking them to next level of care.
Excellent compensation and health benefits
HEALTH UNIT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Huntsville AlabamaJune 14, 2015
Pros: Very friendly co workers made it a very enjoyable place to work
Cons: Some supervisors were unprofessional and didn't provide adequate instruction.
Health Unit Assistant duties are to monitor patients vital signs, provide care and give information to the nurses. Maintain clean rooms for patient's.
Also work as Unit Secretary maintaining patient files for the nurses and physicians. Ordering meds and procedures for patients per request of the physician.
I learned procedures and terminology in out patient surgery.
Most co-workers were very good – more... to work with, while some were difficult and did not give very good direction and were not professional. The hardest part of the job was learning all the procedures for ordering prescriptions and procedures at the same time having to perform patient care.
I really enjoyed learning the challenge of learning the procedures of ordering procedures and medications, I just wish I could have had a little more concentration on that part of the job rather than having to provide patient care at the same time. – less
Enjoyable atmosphere and people
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), PharmacyJune 12, 2015
Typical Day: Demanding, busy, fun, and enjoyable.
What I learned: Everything I could.
Management: Showed a great consideration for their employees.
My Co-workers: Great people to work with.
Hardest part of the job: Finding advancement opportunities.
Most enjoyable part of the job: The satisfaction of providing quality healthcare and service.
Poor Culture and Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 12, 2015
This hospital is somewhat behind in providing quality evidence based care. It is very outdated when compared to other facilities its size. The work environment is tense. Management is not concerned about employee satisfaction.
punitive management style
Cardiology Nurse (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 2, 2015
Pros: short staffing
Cons: short breaks if any
Atmosphere is punitive in nature, without positive re enforcement for hard working employees, Nurses are understaffed in critical care, which is frightening
Caring Cultural
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2015
Pros: Caring Cultural, Good Nurse Mangers
Cons: Low Pay and Poor Staff to Nurse Ratios Compared to National Average for Registered Nurses
Staff on most Units are very caring and will go the extra mile for patients and co-workers. I worked all shifts, including weekends, on several different floors. Rarely did I come across a staff member who did not give their best. Typical 12 hour shift, lots of charting, must be a team player.
Productive work, great career enhancement.
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2015
My experience at Huntsville Hospital presented a great learning environment, supportive management and coworkers that are fun and communicative. The hardest part of my job is adjusting to a large turnover of Nurses and having to train. Most enjoyable is working with a good group of Nurses.
Excellent educational opportunities to keep your skills current
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 26, 2015
Enjoyed my co-workers, good work environment. The hardest part of the job was when you were pulled to another unit to work.
A very fast paced and enjoyable place to work.
Phlebotimist (Current Employee), Huntsville MainApril 15, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Sometimes breaks and lunches have to be sacrificed due to work load.
A typical day at work consisted of around 35-40 patients a day with a very friendly work environment. The hardest part of the job is watching the patients go through the process of their personal medical situations. Yet, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping those patients get better in their personal medical situations!
Informative workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 14, 2015
I aided in performance of clinical procedures in various areas in the hospital inclusive of intensive care units, pathology, emergency room and cath lab. I learned more about the medical procedures. It was hard that there was overload of new information. I enjoyed being able to be hands on.
nice play to work but bad policies
Supervisor of Registration Services (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 25, 2015
Its was very fun and fulling place to work but the attendance policies were terrible. You have to put in for time off in well over 2 months in advance
Good company
Server (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 10, 2015
Pros: semi stable schedual
Cons: lazy co-workers
Overall a ok place some departments have employees that do not have the proper skills to complete their duty which places a burden on others.
Typical work environment
Phlebotomy (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2015
A typical night at Huntsville Hospital means being expected to stick at least fifty patients between 12am to 6:30am. The hardest part of my work is the amount of patients we stick every night but I do enjoy my job and know that I have learned so much from being a part of the team here at Huntsville Hospital. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be my patients. Knowing that I get to be a part of their healing process is truly rewarding.
Highly Successful Team Leader
Collections Team Lead (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 26, 2015
As a Collections Team Lead, I direct the activities of a successful collections team to help increase revenue cycle. Although sometimes challenging because of the lack of updated computer systems and office essentials, I continue to provide support, encouragement, continuous training and development to empower the collection team's success in daily tasks completion and collection efforts.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Flexible hours with long working hours.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: enjoyed helping people.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
I worked with great people. I enjoyed meeting new people. I enjoyed helping people. I learned a lot working there. It was a great pleasure to work for a great company that felt like family. We all helped each other.
Huntsville Hospital
Surgical Assistant/ Lead Scheduler (Current Employee), Huntsville, AlFebruary 15, 2015
A great place to work. I started my medical career there and it has been a wonderful place to teach me and give me the tools I need to continue to advance. I am about to complete my Bachelor's and I am hopeful that I can take my clinical experience and move into medical sales.
Calmplace to work
Certfied Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 10, 2015
Constant flow of patient's from differnt culuters. I have learned that all pregnancies are not the same. My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job

1 2 3 4 5

About Huntsville Hospital

Health Care Authority of the City of Huntsville ensures that residents get the medical attention they need. The┬ávolunteer board – Read more

Huntsville Hospital Salaries