Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyable, everyone works together and great co-workers
Cha (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2016
I am a charge nurse on weekends. I genaerally do all my charge nurse duties and then help out on floor with my co-workers. I have learned a lot about management and staffing since being in my role. My co-workers are great and we work well as a team and most of all they are my family. The hardest part of my job is having to listen to c/o from patients and family members, thankfully I don't get a lot. The most enjoyable part of my day is for a patient to tell us how much they appreciate what we did for them.
Pros
2nd Hospital in state of alabama being recogonized by US World Report
Cons
Not always making our budget and not getting a raise
Working for Huntsville Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2016
Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work at. I work about 12 hours a day one to three times a week and its easy to balance out what days you can work/can't work. The hours are long but I like it. I have learned a lot more at Huntsville Hospital than I ever would have at a nursing home. The management is great, I have never worked for someone that was so understanding, fair, and kind. I love my co-workers to death!! My nurse's are amazing and my fellow tech's are cool.I couldn't ask for a better team to work with. When there is nothing else I can't do for my patient is the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part is that we have great team work.
Pros
Free parking, Uniform sales, Class
Cons
The benefits, Scheduling class when you work
Telemtry
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 12, 2017
Fast paced environment in a critical response area. Learn cardiac rhythms through classes and training, watch 65 patients in a 800 patient room, clean/troubleshoot monitors, hourly charting, update doctors/nurses, and interact with patients if needed.
Pros
Flexible hours, Earn over time
Cons
Short staffed, high turn over, no raises, no advancement
Huntsville Hospital was a convient place to work because of flexible hours.
Psychiatric technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 22, 2016
A typical day at work at Huntsville Hospital was very challenging because one was not sure of what one would encounter during the regular day. One never knew when a patient might need special attention throughout the day.
I learned to work with professionals from all types including doctors, nurses, and administration.
Management was required to run an efficient organization due to the nature of health care, however, it was decided by many that worked there that, "there are to many managers and not enough workers".
Co-workers were fun and enjoyable but knew quickly how to be come "theraputic" on a locked crisis stablization unit.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing what to expect from day to day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was not knowing what to expect from day to day.
Pros
Professional environment.
Cons
Working with sick people.
Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work. The hospital teaches every employee something new everyday
Social Worker in Case Management Dept (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 16, 2017
Typical day-hectic, busy, fast-paced, rewarding

Learned-insurance, resources, creative, collaborative discharge planning

Management- working to do better, needs to continue to listen to day to day employees for improvements to be implemented

Co-workers- awesome

Hardest of the job- unable to provide each patient every single entity needed for a perfect discharge

Most enjoyable part- co-workers are like family, my supervisor is wonderful, helping others within the surrounding communities, as well as mine, improving the quality of healthcare
The hospital needs to be ashamed themselves....
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 14, 2017
It was ok while it lasted, benefits awful to be a high rates medical facility....if you not one of they favorites in your dept you getting treated badly. I got let go because of lying supervisor and they kept my ETO money that I worked for....Co workers were telling folks business and gossiping,it's like being in high school here.Over worked and under paid. Good luck...
Pros
Co workers, stable employment
Cons
Mean manager, lying supervisor, pay low
Hard to maintain a balance
Huntsville (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 19, 2016
The people and culture are great. My coworkers are like a second family. However we are constantly asked to do more with less benefits. They change things like our health insurance with barely a notice. If I were better compensated I wouldn't be looking elsewhere.
Great work place
Clinical Charge Nurse , Trauma Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2016
Mentally preparing yourself for a day in the ER is beneficial . Decompressing after stressful traumas or shifts help with burnout . Typically you are given an assignment , which is the beds tug will have for the shift . Each ahift is different and bed assignments vary from triage, to fast track , and trauma . I work with a very amazing group of nurses and health care workers . I learn daily and have been honored to be a part of this team and organization .
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Long hours, mental exhaustion
No advancement
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801August 17, 2016
I wish there were better opportunities for advancement. Employees used to receive great benefits, but now the benefits are not the same that were given.
productive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 13, 2016
Great smoke free atmosphere. Highly competitive wages with great benefits. Job security is never a question. The most enjoyable part is being able to help others, when they need it the most.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
high turn over rate
er attendant 2 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 23, 2017
they go through er techs like most people change clothes. if you do not fit in or no one likes you they will find a way to get rid of you. they will tell you what you want to hear in the interview and it is very different once you get started. they will tell you that the er is not for everyone and once they see that they do not like you or that you did not play their game they will force you out and tell you that you just were not able to handle the er. but in reality there are nurses and doctors who cant handle the er but no one will get rid of them because they play the game and people like them
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 11, 2016
Great place to work. Plenty of room to grow and learn new skills. Amazing benefits. Huntsville Hospital gives you the opportunity to reach outside of the box and beacome anything your heart desires.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 10, 2017
It is a good place to work with job security and pay. There is opportunity for advancement as well. This is an excellent facility for the new or experienced nurse.
Great overall job.
Registration Rep III (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 8, 2017
My typical day at work was very hectic. I enjoyed the influence it gave me but the management was unbalanced. I learned so much about multi-tasking and customer service. I enjoyed serving people.
Best workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2016
I love working at HH, this has been a stepping stone to make up my mind on pursuing a nursing career because I get support from managers, colleagues and patients. I actually love this job. And there are ways for career advancement, great work environment
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Under staffed
Engaging
Registered Nurse, Coronary Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 17, 2016
A typical day at work at Huntsville Hospital included assessment of each patient (up to 2) in the CCU, medicating patients, and then spending time charting what you had done. Patients were critical, so interventions would take priority over charting. I learned a lot about The hypothermia process after cardiac arrest, interventions for specific problems for patients with different lines and medication drips, and I learned a lot about the dying process and comfort care measures. My co workers were very helpful, educated, and skilled at what they did, and always willing to help me with something new or problems. The hardest part of the job was caring for the same patient for a long period of time and saying goodbye to them, and helping their family through the dying process. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning new things about disease processes, technology, and equipment such as Swan catheters and balloon pumps.
Pros
Engaging and complex
Cons
Difficulties with patient deaths
It has many pros and cons to working there.
Senior Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Huntsville hospital. I am trying to find a job with better benefits and pay. The benefits have just changed to the point I can't really afford it.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 14, 2016
A day at work consists of getting an assignment with usually four or five patients. You receive bedside report from the off going nurse. I then do full assessments on all of my patients. I will administer medications, do neurological checks every two hours, call the doctor if needed, and educate patients on their care. I have learned many things while working. I have learned how to time manage and care for several patients. Co-workers are very supportive and help when they know you need help. I enjoy working for Huntsville Hospital.
Good working environment with many opportunities to learn
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2016
There is a focused daily effort to improve the lives of those we serve. You will quickly learn that dealing with the challenges of health care forces you to be efficient, diligent, patient, caring and above all, empathetic. Management is concerned with setting and achieving operational improvement goals. There exists a healthy core of employees who take pride in their work, company and health care delivery approaches. While the unfortunate realization of the limits of health care may be the worst part of the job, the most fulfilling may be helping the patients, their loved-ones and supporters understand and cope with those limitation. There are even moments when, despite all evidence to the contrary, the outcomes are positive. That is the big win for me.
Pros
Benefits, community outreach
Cons
Negative patient outcomes
Fun place to work
General Production Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2017
The hardest part about my job is having enough time to spend with my patients. I love being able to talk to them and help in any way possible. I wish we didn't have to push those carts around but we have to keep our cleaning products near. I enjoy the hospital environment because there is always excitement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.