Pros: great employees
Cons: do not always receive lunch breaks
• Engage students in comprehensive, individualized instruction in the observation, assessment, decision-making, and health teaching of clients, including the maintenance of client health and prevention of illness.
• Facilitate development of students’ critical thinking, technical, and professional skills while maintaining the client’s safety and confidentiality.
• Assist students in using nursing process when providing care. Supervise the administration of medications.
• Delegate selected nursing functions to students in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competency.
• Relate assigned readings to students’ clinical assignments.
• Participate in lecture course as needed.