Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work sometimes
cook (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 14, 2017
The work is ok but the managers treat the employee like they do not know there jobs.But we do it everyday and know about what other employees like and dislike.They are always finding faults and never give anyone a good word for the work you do.
Pros
knowing that sometime you make a person feel good
Cons
treated unfairly
Hh
RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 2, 2017
Great job. Best place I have ever worked. The people are friendly and professional. I would recommend this job to others in the nursing field. I would work there again.
Monopoly
Transport Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 1, 2017
Huntsville hospital is becoming a monopoly. Before long you will have no choice but to work there. The parking stinks. Its low pay, and you are over worked and under appreciated. Co workers are 2 faced
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Low pay
no advancement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 31, 2017
does not care to promote you i don't know why i m doing this because i did not want to this is annoying i wish i wasn't doing this i just wantt a job not talk about m past one
competitive but ok
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2017
good but low pay just need better pay overall and more benefits for prn employees that are working full time but under prn work status just need a better place
Pros
good working people
Cons
low pay
Fast paced
RN LABOR AND DELIVERY (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2017
Fast paced, poor nurse staffing ratios, a lot of busy work like CBL's and extra double charting.
Poor Morale on some units due to high turnovers, a lot of new grads.
benefits
Cons
short or no breaks
no advancement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2017
Pay was low, no room for advancement. Management wouldn't put you on a shift that would balance out your home life with kids and other responsibilities and then complain when you was late or called in.
Productive but fast-paced environment
Staff Nurse/Outpatient Surgery (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2017
Overall a great place to work! Some of the paperwork seemed redundant and unnecessary. On a typical day, my area was well staffed. However, Fridays and night shift tended to be understaffed. Also, I believe it was dangerous and not in the patient's best interest when intensive care patient's would be transferred to the preop area to get them ready for surgery just to make it more convenient for the physicians to see the patients. Most intensive care patients require ongoing monitoring and one-on-one nursing care which is not possible in the preop department. Therefore, i believe these patients should be direct to OR patients.
Pros
Able to be seen quickly by employee health, and get prescriptions filled at hospital - very convienent
Cons
meals are too expensive for employees and lunch breaks too short due to proximity to cafeteria
Hhs
Collector I (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 11, 2017
I like the job at HHS. I am interested in working with a smaller
volume of work than what I currently work with. The job with the volume of work that I have is very stressful and the overtime is a killer at times. It's been mandatory since I started in February. The people are very nice and I enjoy all of them.
Pros
My coworkers are amazing people
Cons
The constant mandatory overtime
Love my current manager
Registered Nurse/Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 8, 2017
Current nurse manager on 5mst is the best! Only leaving this job rt: children/needing to be home at night. It is a very busy, fast paced floor but your fellow employees are quick to help one another out.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Interact with all imaging modalities
Imaging Engineer Level II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly people great atmosphere and excellent opportunities to advance and learn. Always on the leading edge fo medical technology
great place to work
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 31, 2017
I have worked there a couple of different times and I have seemed to enjoy it. The pay isn't bad, the different food choices is great, and being able to work 3 12 hour shifts a week is awesome. Wish I never would of left.
Pros
benifits, 3 12 hour shifts a week, the food
Cons
short breaks
Very Political
Security Officer, Shift Leader, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2017
Management will take sides of those with more power, regardless of right and wrong.
While working as long as you don't get into any confrontational situations the staff throughout hospital is kind.
Very good company to work for.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 20, 2017
I have been blessed to work for Huntsville Hospital for 8 years. I love working with people and have always loved my job. It is truly a team effort helping patients in keep them healthy and safe.
Many opportunities
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801July 20, 2017
HH is a vast organization with numerous opportunities for employment and personal growth. A generous amount of paid time off is accrued each pay period, as well as many other benefits for employees including free access to the company owned wellness centers.
Productive and fun workplace
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2017
Very challenging at times but fun to work at the same time. The pay was average to the employees and my recommendation they could have paid a little bit more.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Dislike the points system for employees
exellent employer
CRNP (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2017
I have been very pleased to work for Huntsville Hospital. Management and coworkers are pleasant and professional. I have been employed with Huntsville Hospital over 10 years and enjoyed my career here. I plan to continue full-time employment at HH and am pursuing part-time work.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Medical Assistant/ Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 10, 2017
A typical day of work consists of building EMR charts, Constructing and building referrals, Patient Care Triaging and evaluating patients, further consist of managing the front office the administration checking in and discharging patient while answering phone calls. Faxes, and incoming paperwork, documents are prioritized for review and or filed and responded to accordingly.
Pros
great staff
productive and teamwork inspired environment
RN Emergency Department- Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 2, 2017
This hospital environment is by far one of my favorite. I enjoy working with others who desire to provide as great of quality care as quantity or even more!
Pros
discounted lunches and more
Large and Busy
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2017
Theres definitely a lot to learn here, from all different medical stand points, such as dialyisis, trauma and much more. Its a very fast paced job so be ready to work!