Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 10, 2017
It is a good place to work with job security and pay. There is opportunity for advancement as well. This is an excellent facility for the new or experienced nurse.
Best workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2016
I love working at HH, this has been a stepping stone to make up my mind on pursuing a nursing career because I get support from managers, colleagues and patients. I actually love this job. And there are ways for career advancement, great work environment
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Under staffed
Great overall job.
Registration Rep III (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 8, 2017
My typical day at work was very hectic. I enjoyed the influence it gave me but the management was unbalanced. I learned so much about multi-tasking and customer service. I enjoyed serving people.
Fun place to work
General Production Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2017
The hardest part about my job is having enough time to spend with my patients. I love being able to talk to them and help in any way possible. I wish we didn't have to push those carts around but we have to keep our cleaning products near. I enjoy the hospital environment because there is always excitement
Overall a good place to work
Clerical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 8, 2017
I worked as a summer intern. It was a good experience for me and I learned a good deal about what all goes on in the administration of a hospital. I would recommend this employer for anyone trying to get a feel for the healthcare field.
Pros
Flexible time-off
Typical day
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 13, 2016
Typical day at work, pagers constantly going off!!! every thing going at 145ml/hr, required 4 hrs charting and 30 min follow up charting, where some days i see my computer more than i do my sick pt lying in the room.
Most enjoyable, when you witness a infected wound healed, or my pts recover from severe illnesses, and you know you played a major part in that recovery.
Overall was a great experience working there.
Pros
nOT SURE
Cons
NOT SURE
Good Job. Just had to work at one school instead of multiple schools
Staff Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2017
I had a good job at one school, but I wanted to move to a larger school so that I could have a bigger influence on a larger group of families.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
Smaller school makes for rumors.
Fun Work Place
ENV (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Every day is an busy day at Huntsville Hospital. Very fast pace work environment. Some day are more crazy then other. There is always something new each and every day, good and bad.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Advancement
Excellent place to work
Manager of Chaplaincy Services (Current Employee) –  Plaza Resource CenterFebruary 6, 2017
Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work and provides many opportunities to grow and be promoted within the organization
Every day is different
Patient Services Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 20, 2017
A fast paced environment that requires hard work and dedication to those in need. The best part of working for Huntsville Hospital was caring for the patients. The hardest part was working all the holidays.
HH is a great place to begin working at to gain experience.
FT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 9, 2015
Although HH is a great health system that is great to learn and gain experience, I don't feel it is a company to stay at for a lengthy period of time. The culture, people and atmosphere is great; however, there are no job advancements and minimal raises granted. The income for starting nurses is below state average.
Pros
People, Experience, Atmosphere
Cons
Money, Incentives, Advancements
Highly efficient
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 20, 2016
it is a hospital, a very large one at that. it ismuch more like asmall town than a single business. There isa wide variety of people and personalitys.
Pros
Employee health.
Cons
Who really lists things like this?
High Risk Care Center
Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 22, 2016
We are a high risk labor and delivery unit with 20 labor rooms, 3 ORs. We have a new OB-ED department that just opened up this fall, the first in Alabama. We have around 200-300 deliveries/month.
It's a great Hospital to work for
Pharmacy Technician I (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 8, 2017
They seem to truly care about their employees and I enjoy working for them. Their policies seem strict to some people but it is reasonable to me because it is a hospital.
Productive, fast pace
LPN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 9, 2017
Being my first nursing job, there was a lot of new technologies for me to learn. The hardest part was coping with the volume of work,
Pros
Learning new technologies
Great learning experience
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 29, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my clinical rotations at Huntsville Hospital. All of the staff I worked with were incredibly friendly and a fountain of knowledge. Each staff member I worked with contributed to my education as a student nurse.
A rewarding place to work.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 26, 2016
It is very rewarding to care for the patients and their families. When a patient sincerely says thank you for taking good care of me and goes home feeling better, that is a wonderful feeling. The most difficult part of my job is when a patient dies.
Huntsville Hospital
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2017
Thriving medical facility that serves patients and families all over North Alabama and the Tennessee Valley. Our patients and their care is our top priority.
Poor management, excellent health insurance and no room for advancement
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 25, 2013
Although Huntsville Hospital is a health care facility, they are proud of their services they provide to their community and patients. It is impossible to advance into a different positions. Managers reserve positions for friends, family or a team member who is in their clique. Employees do not work as a team and there is no respect depending on the department, often the medical staff can be rude. Health insurance is excellent but the cost is expensive, we didn't receive a raise to accommodate the increase. Also, management is weak due to lack of experience and poor leadership.
Pros
Excellent health insurance but expensive
Cons
No room for advancement, poor management and stressful environment
Can go from dull to hectic in less than 60 secondds
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2013
A typical day patients are taken to the operating room and helped through surgery.

I have learned that ever person, every patient is different and needs different levels of care.

In my opinion, management doesn't fully understand the ramifications of their rules imposed upon us. I don't think they can fully grasp the amount of work we do to ensure patient safety.

Some of my coworkers are wonderful. But most are lazy. Not many are skilled, but don't want to take the initiative to learn anything new.

The hardest part about my job is knowing that I am not valued for my knowledge and expertise.

The most enjoyable part of my job is just doing it. I get great satisfaction in what I do.
Pros
It's an ok place to work
Cons
No raises. In fact, pay cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.