Huntsville Hospital

Huntsville Hospital Employer Reviews

Teaching hospital with great doctors and specialities
Adult Critical Care Transport Nurse (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 28, 2014
The minute you hit the time clock in the emergency room you're already on the move. Taking over the current patients in your assigned rooms, preparing for your next patient to come in. You never know what is going to come through the doors in an ambulance or even through the front lobby. You have to be prepared for anything and everything. One of your – more... patients may be an acute MI and your other room might have a broken arm. The 12 hours fly by and in the end you feel as if you've helped at least one person. – less
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: get a bonus yearly
Cons: interrupted breaks, not consistent in disciplinary actions
Just need to be honest with employees and department management needs to get a back bone and start supporting their lower management as well as the staff
Great!
Internship (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 21, 2014
I loved the internship! It was a great experience especially for someone striving to be a pediatrician.
Very organized and efficient company
Patient Care Aide (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 14, 2014
Productive and organized workplace with a passion for their patients.
Employers Don't really care for their employees
Security/Greeter (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 11, 2014
Nothing good to say, for 1 I didn't have a life while working at this hospital.
It was a great place for me to start.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 7, 2014
Some units were difficult (which is to be expected), some were a breeze. I learned a lot. Had some great nurse managers and one, well I think that enjoyed the perks of being a nurse manager. All I can say is I learned a great deal.
Worst job I have had
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), LabJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: co-workers management
I have other positions within this company and have had bad experiences in each. The last position was with the lab and the bad attitudes by co-workers and management was what made this job awful.
Hectic job with lots of stress.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 19, 2013
Pros: cheap meals.
Cons: very stressful job.
My typical "day" started at 10:30 pm. I walked into an overflowing emergency room with paperwork backlogged for at least one shift. I organized paperwork between registering patients; by 6:30 am the paperwork was organized, charges were entered, and it was ready for coding. There were only two of us on third shift on a typical night; when it settled – more... down, we laughed and talked; it was fun then. The hardest part of the job was getting someone in by helicopter and having to come up with enough information to register them FAST. The best part was the few breaks in activity that helped us keep our sanity. – less
Beware do not work for security here.
Visitor Control Officer (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaDecember 17, 2013
Pros: employee parking
Cons: pay, medical, long hours, lots of derespect.
To start off the managers will lie to you. Second, if you get into a situation they don't care and wont send help. Co-workers were shocked for how long that I lasted (3 months). Hardest part of the job was dealing with out raged people going there. Nothing enjoyable. Don't keep the uniform and they will find a way to cut your pay.
An ok place to work
PCT (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 10, 2013
Pros: you can spend you whole check at work.
Cons: you never really get any breaks and they are always under staffed
It pays the bills would not really recommend to anyone else.
Not the worst job
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), huntsville,alNovember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the stress of the job
I learned at huntsville hospital how to truly be a part of a team and how much I enjoyed working with other people.
Pays the bills
HUA/CNA (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2013
Very busy environment. Fast paced field, which is good. Not very good management. More concerned with making money then how the employees are treated.
Excellent place to work
Follow Up / Customer Service (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: point system
Huntsville Hospital Systems is an excellent place to work, with wonderful benefits and compensation. Management is very conscious of health care issues in the country as well as in our surrounding areas, and strive to maintain stability for our employees in this challenging time.
Worked in PT, the ER, and a FP clinic over a 13 yr period with HH, Felt like home.
Medical Assistant/ Nurse -Job (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 3, 2013
Huntsville Hospital has been the best employer I have ever had. My hour drive to work was the only negative I could come up with. They take care of their people and I was always happy there. I learned from many mentors and physicians and felt I was always growing.
no appreciation for long term employees!!!
disgruntled (Current Employee), a departmentAugust 15, 2013
Pros: having a job
Cons: noncaring management
if you're not best friends with the management you will go nowhere fast....family matters only matter if its their own...the pay is insulting and the staffing is a joke....if someone tells you months in advance that they are leaving,actually replace them in a timely manner!
Can go from dull to hectic in less than 60 secondds
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2013
Pros: it's an ok place to work
Cons: no raises. in fact, pay cuts
A typical day patients are taken to the operating room and helped through surgery.

I have learned that ever person, every patient is different and needs different levels of care.

In my opinion, management doesn't fully understand the ramifications of their rules imposed upon us. I don't think they can fully grasp the amount of work we do to ensure – more... patient safety.

Some of my coworkers are wonderful. But most are lazy. Not many are skilled, but don't want to take the initiative to learn anything new.

The hardest part about my job is knowing that I am not valued for my knowledge and expertise.

The most enjoyable part of my job is just doing it. I get great satisfaction in what I do. – less
Great learning experience and chance to make a difference
Emergency Room Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and patients
Cons: sad situations
A typical day in the ER can range from the general everyday taking care of sick patients to helping with truly critical and traumatical patients. Everyday I get the chance to work with a great team of doctors, nurses and staff. I feel that I get a chance to make a difference in lives of families and patients in some of their worst moments.
Security Department Huntsville Hospital
Security Guard (Former Employee), Huntsville ALJuly 29, 2013
Pros: night shift is usually quiet
Cons: long hours, low pay, incompentent managers, and high risk environment
Huntsville Hospital is great place to receive medical care, however the security department is not a place you want to work. Huntsville Hospital Security is filled with incompetent managers. Security guards at Huntsville Hospital are treated pretty bad. The management staff simply looks at the bottom line and does not care about the individuals that – more... work under them. They issue you a taser to use in case that you need it to protect yourself or another person. Believe it or not medicare and medicaid has stated that if anyone uses a taser at Huntsville Hospital they will not fund the hospital any longer. For this reason you are told if you use your taser you will be fired. So the security department places you in unsafe situations where you are the only individual that can handle the violent patients but mostly you are on your own when this happens. If you use your taser you are fired regardless. Also even if you are working and you try to do your job properly the managers at the security department do not even agree on what you are supposed to be doing and there fore constantly berate you because you can't do your job right. The working conditions at Huntsville Hospitals security department leave everyone at risk. The employees are the ones who take the abuse and the managers make sure that they look like they do a good job. You are expendable according to them. – less
Poor management, excellent health insurance and no room for advancement
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 25, 2013
Pros: excellent health insurance but expensive
Cons: no room for advancement, poor management and stressful environment
Although Huntsville Hospital is a health care facility, they are proud of their services they provide to their community and patients. It is impossible to advance into a different positions. Managers reserve positions for friends, family or a team member who is in their clique. Employees do not work as a team and there is no respect depending on the – more... department, often the medical staff can be rude. Health insurance is excellent but the cost is expensive, we didn't receive a raise to accommodate the increase. Also, management is weak due to lack of experience and poor leadership. – less
Cleanliness is a plus
Sous Chef, Dr's Lounge & Retail Chef (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: time management, more work than it's worth
A typical day at work for me is creating great meals, laughing and having a great time with co-workers.
What I learned was time management and creating different dishes.
The management is fair but could be better. Time needs to be worked on.
My co-workers are very friendly and funny. I love to work with them.
The hardest part of my job is making sure – more... all the food is done at the correct time. Its a very fast pacing job and having the food done at a certain time is a must.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know more about the co-workers and helping them out. – less

About Huntsville Hospital

Health Care Authority of the City of Huntsville ensures that residents get the medical attention they need. The volunteer board – Read more

Huntsville Hospital Photos