Huntsville Hospital

Huntsville Hospital Employer Reviews

Worked in PT, the ER, and a FP clinic over a 13 yr period with HH, Felt like home.
Medical Assistant/ Nurse -Job (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 3, 2013
Huntsville Hospital has been the best employer I have ever had. My hour drive to work was the only negative I could come up with. They take care of their people and I was always happy there. I learned from many mentors and physicians and felt I was always growing.
no appreciation for long term employees!!!
disgruntled (Current Employee), a departmentAugust 15, 2013
Pros: having a job
Cons: noncaring management
if you're not best friends with the management you will go nowhere fast....family matters only matter if its their own...the pay is insulting and the staffing is a joke....if someone tells you months in advance that they are leaving,actually replace them in a timely manner!
Can go from dull to hectic in less than 60 secondds
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2013
Pros: it's an ok place to work
Cons: no raises. in fact, pay cuts
A typical day patients are taken to the operating room and helped through surgery.

I have learned that ever person, every patient is different and needs different levels of care.

In my opinion, management doesn't fully understand the ramifications of their rules imposed upon us. I don't think they can fully grasp the amount of work we do to ensure – more... patient safety.

Some of my coworkers are wonderful. But most are lazy. Not many are skilled, but don't want to take the initiative to learn anything new.

The hardest part about my job is knowing that I am not valued for my knowledge and expertise.

The most enjoyable part of my job is just doing it. I get great satisfaction in what I do. – less
Great learning experience and chance to make a difference
Emergency Room Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and patients
Cons: sad situations
A typical day in the ER can range from the general everyday taking care of sick patients to helping with truly critical and traumatical patients. Everyday I get the chance to work with a great team of doctors, nurses and staff. I feel that I get a chance to make a difference in lives of families and patients in some of their worst moments.
Security Department Huntsville Hospital
Security Guard (Former Employee), Huntsville ALJuly 29, 2013
Pros: night shift is usually quiet
Cons: long hours, low pay, incompentent managers, and high risk environment
Huntsville Hospital is great place to receive medical care, however the security department is not a place you want to work. Huntsville Hospital Security is filled with incompetent managers. Security guards at Huntsville Hospital are treated pretty bad. The management staff simply looks at the bottom line and does not care about the individuals that – more... work under them. They issue you a taser to use in case that you need it to protect yourself or another person. Believe it or not medicare and medicaid has stated that if anyone uses a taser at Huntsville Hospital they will not fund the hospital any longer. For this reason you are told if you use your taser you will be fired. So the security department places you in unsafe situations where you are the only individual that can handle the violent patients but mostly you are on your own when this happens. If you use your taser you are fired regardless. Also even if you are working and you try to do your job properly the managers at the security department do not even agree on what you are supposed to be doing and there fore constantly berate you because you can't do your job right. The working conditions at Huntsville Hospitals security department leave everyone at risk. The employees are the ones who take the abuse and the managers make sure that they look like they do a good job. You are expendable according to them. – less
Poor management, excellent health insurance and no room for advancement
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 25, 2013
Pros: excellent health insurance but expensive
Cons: no room for advancement, poor management and stressful environment
Although Huntsville Hospital is a health care facility, they are proud of their services they provide to their community and patients. It is impossible to advance into a different positions. Managers reserve positions for friends, family or a team member who is in their clique. Employees do not work as a team and there is no respect depending on the – more... department, often the medical staff can be rude. Health insurance is excellent but the cost is expensive, we didn't receive a raise to accommodate the increase. Also, management is weak due to lack of experience and poor leadership. – less
Cleanliness is a plus
Sous Chef, Dr's Lounge & Retail Chef (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: time management, more work than it's worth
A typical day at work for me is creating great meals, laughing and having a great time with co-workers.
What I learned was time management and creating different dishes.
The management is fair but could be better. Time needs to be worked on.
My co-workers are very friendly and funny. I love to work with them.
The hardest part of my job is making sure – more... all the food is done at the correct time. Its a very fast pacing job and having the food done at a certain time is a must.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know more about the co-workers and helping them out. – less
Very good place to work
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 11, 2013
Getting the opportunity to work at the hospital was amazing. It looks great on your resume and you will learn alot. I wish my job would have been more than a temporary contract job.
It was a great experience
Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2013
I learned alot about people from co workeres to the patients. My management was awesome, you could communicate with them about anything. The hardest part of the job was knowing I couldnt help everybody, but the best part was putting a smile on others faces.
I use to love it!
Attendant 2 Technician (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 10, 2013
I use to love working at Huntsville Hospital but so much has changed since I started in 1999. I started as a Secretary but in order to keep my job had to transition over to becoming a tech. Meaning drawing blood, performing Ekg's and basically having contact with patients. I really enjoy helping people but I would rather being in a office setting instead – more... of taking care of patients. I am thankfull to have a job just not comfortable with the change. – less
Great Company
Physician Office Rep (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 27, 2013
Huntsville Hospital is a great company to work for and is continually growing in northeast Alabama. Great Organization
Marketing and PR for Huntsville Hospital
Marketing/PR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2013
Office support for nine marketing coordinators, the director of public relations and vice-president of marketing. Work included answering the phones, scheduling calendars, filing, typing, layouts of publications and brochures; published employee newsletter. Also assisted in coordination of hospital "Fun Run". Enjoyed the marketing aspect of the job.
Good entry level position
Radiology Technologist Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 23, 2013
Pros: 401k
Cons: no room for advancement
It is a great place to work. My position was a great entry level position.
Very Productive job
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 16, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: 2nd shift
typical fast paced work environment. Advancement, kind employees
Great Hospital
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 18, 2013
I completed my pharmacy internship at Huntsville Hospital and thought it was a fantastic place to learn! Great teachers and got to see a lot you would not see in a smaller facility. I grew up in Huntsville and I have seen how HH has expanded. A job at HH would be a jewel for a resume!
Good Place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 28, 2013
I enjoy Huntsville Hospital and the environment it provides.
it's a good job for a prn job
Social worker (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 25, 2013
I only work prn so I can only speak of prn. I enjoy working there
Good Place to Work
Central Processing Technician (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches, free flu shots and doctor visits at employee health
Cons: no benefits for prn positions
I like working here, but I'm not doing what I went to school for. Most of my co workers are nice, but there's always gunna be a few that you don't mesh with, and HH is no different.
strives to stay tops in education. clean work inviroment
Cardiac Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 9, 2013
great place to work. Enjoyed patient care and Educating patients. Co-workers were enjoyable to work with. I Learned the newest cardiac information to give the best care to my patients.
Great organization to work for.
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
It is an organization tha has high expectation for quality of care and patient safety.

About Huntsville Hospital

Health Care Authority of the City of Huntsville ensures that residents get the medical attention they need. The volunteer board – Read more