Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to work
PBX/PRC Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 4, 2015
Fun workplace,Great place to work and help people out and use your customer service skill. Colleagues are very welcome to a new employee.
Nice overall package
RN, Vascular/Colon/Rectal Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 17, 2012
Multiple shift and career opportunities. Great Benefits. Overall adequate/fair management.
Security Department Huntsville Hospital
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Huntsville ALJuly 29, 2013
Huntsville Hospital is great place to receive medical care, however the security department is not a place you want to work. Huntsville Hospital Security is filled with incompetent managers. Security guards at Huntsville Hospital are treated pretty bad. The management staff simply looks at the bottom line and does not care about the individuals that work under them. They issue you a taser to use in case that you need it to protect yourself or another person. Believe it or not medicare and medicaid has stated that if anyone uses a taser at Huntsville Hospital they will not fund the hospital any longer. For this reason you are told if you use your taser you will be fired. So the security department places you in unsafe situations where you are the only individual that can handle the violent patients but mostly you are on your own when this happens. If you use your taser you are fired regardless. Also even if you are working and you try to do your job properly the managers at the security department do not even agree on what you are supposed to be doing and there fore constantly berate you because you can't do your job right. The working conditions at Huntsville Hospitals security department leave everyone at risk. The employees are the ones who take the abuse and the managers make sure that they look like they do a good job. You are expendable according to them.
Pros
night shift is usually quiet
Cons
long hours, low pay, incompentent managers, and high risk environment
Excellent compensation and health benefits
HEALTH UNIT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Huntsville AlabamaJune 14, 2015
Health Unit Assistant duties are to monitor patients vital signs, provide care and give information to the nurses. Maintain clean rooms for patient's.
Also work as Unit Secretary maintaining patient files for the nurses and physicians. Ordering meds and procedures for patients per request of the physician.
I learned procedures and terminology in out patient surgery.
Most co-workers were very good to work with, while some were difficult and did not give very good direction and were not professional. The hardest part of the job was learning all the procedures for ordering prescriptions and procedures at the same time having to perform patient care.
I really enjoyed learning the challenge of learning the procedures of ordering procedures and medications, I just wish I could have had a little more concentration on that part of the job rather than having to provide patient care at the same time.
Pros
Very friendly co workers made it a very enjoyable place to work
Cons
Some supervisors were unprofessional and didn't provide adequate instruction.
learning to become nurse
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  huntsville alAugust 11, 2014
I have been a phlebotomist for 2 yrs.
pursuing a nursing career
work third shift, 9 other co-workrs. usully the quickest to get work done. daily volum stick of 45-65.
interact with ICU patients, all in patients, respond to CODES for blood draw.
Cons
bad management, no room for advancement or learning
Excellent place to work
Follow Up / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 8, 2013
Huntsville Hospital Systems is an excellent place to work, with wonderful benefits and compensation. Management is very conscious of health care issues in the country as well as in our surrounding areas, and strive to maintain stability for our employees in this challenging time.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
point system
Cleanliness is a plus
Sous Chef, Dr's Lounge & Retail Chef (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2013
A typical day at work for me is creating great meals, laughing and having a great time with co-workers.
What I learned was time management and creating different dishes.
The management is fair but could be better. Time needs to be worked on.
My co-workers are very friendly and funny. I love to work with them.
The hardest part of my job is making sure all the food is done at the correct time. Its a very fast pacing job and having the food done at a certain time is a must.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know more about the co-workers and helping them out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
time management, more work than it's worth
Fast pace environment, hard working
Cardiovascular Aide (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2012
I worked at Huntsville Hospital for a while. The hospital and their services as a whole are phenomenal. It's comparison is to none and they take pride in knowing that. Technology is to the bar and rising, everyday. The environment is healthcare so it is fast pace. As far as working there, I loved it. Benefits were awesome and ability to advance was great considering they also paid for your education, should you proceed beyond your current degree/certification. They hold their people and their services to a bar that if not met, you will be booted. They strive for success. Sometimes it doesn't matter the cost.
Pros
benefits, discounts, in-house pharmacy, tuition reimbursement, continuing education online provided, free seminars, overtime
Cons
short breaks if breaks even exist, hardcore, parking and walking down street in rain to bldgs
Wonderful employer
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2012
This hospital was the best employer that I have had. I hated to leave, but was moving out of the area, the benefits are excellent and the support from management was outstanding!
Pros
benefits, compensation
Hospitality
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2012
I have learned alot about nutrition and certain health diets.
The hardest part of the job was learning everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people all day everyday.
Pros
free lunch, great benefits
Great place to work.
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 13, 2014
I introduced people to the wellness program. Conducted fitness classes, and personal training. Great people and support from management.
Pros
work with great people.
Cons
career path.
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJune 18, 2015
Clocked at 0700. As shift lead I made assignments. I "floated" to assist my Nurses with highest acuity patients. I made sure everyone got lunch-or food bought in. I intercepted doctor/Nurse issues if necessary. I stocked. I set up operating room cases. I sterilized equipment. I arranged rare blood delivery. I instructed the nursing students in clinic
Pros
peers
Cons
Nurse shortage
Good entry level position
Radiology Technologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 23, 2013
It is a great place to work. My position was a great entry level position.
Pros
401k
Cons
no room for advancement
Caring Cultural
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2015
Staff on most Units are very caring and will go the extra mile for patients and co-workers. I worked all shifts, including weekends, on several different floors. Rarely did I come across a staff member who did not give their best. Typical 12 hour shift, lots of charting, must be a team player.
Pros
Caring Cultural, Good Nurse Mangers
Cons
Low Pay and Poor Staff to Nurse Ratios Compared to National Average for Registered Nurses
Huntsville Hospital
Surgical Assistant/ Lead Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlFebruary 15, 2015
A great place to work. I started my medical career there and it has been a wonderful place to teach me and give me the tools I need to continue to advance. I am about to complete my Bachelor's and I am hopeful that I can take my clinical experience and move into medical sales.
Up to date standards of care,management friendly,employee oriented
Staff R.N (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 2, 2012
This is an excellant workplace as recognized by the community with a Best Workplace Award 2011.The administration offers information weekly regarding the state of the hospital and changes brought on by the political climate. The hospital enforces the latest standards of care. Managers keep employees informed and encourage fresh ideas.The medical care for employees is better than and cheaper than most surrounding businesses.
Pros
employee reconigition, discounted prescriptions, daycare, flexible hours.
Cons
salary topouts
Health Care Excellence
Registered Nurse - Surgical Trauma ICU (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2012
Typical day starts at 6:30am and ends 7:30pm caring for critically ill patients in the regions Level One trauma ICU. Every day, every patient is a new learning experience, each unique in its challenges. Management was supportive of RN's as vital parts of each patients health care team, coworkers eager to help each other out. Hardest part of job was when a patient does not get better. Most enjoyable part of job is to see a patient who you have cared for get to go home.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
high high stress level when working with critically ill
A job that matters
Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 23, 2015
I entered orders, did patient care, vital signs, and whatever was asked of me. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients who needed much more than we could provide. The best part of the job was actually making a difference with the patients' that I helped. It felt more like a family, like I was meant to do this job!
Many departments are either understaffed. Others are overworked.
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2015
It is a good place to work for any who don't mind an abundance of hours and awkward shifts. Others may feel it encroaches into their personal lives far too much.
Decent work environment, managment not encouraged to recognize excellence.
Radiology Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 26, 2014
For the most part, Huntsville Hospital has a great work environment. Great people, busy environment, flexible hours.

Management, however, is not encouraged to recognize excellence in the work place.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
lack of recognition for going above and beyond; don't expect osha mandated breaks.