Huntsville Hospital

Huntsville Hospital Employer Reviews

Marketing and PR for Huntsville Hospital
Marketing/PR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2013
Office support for nine marketing coordinators, the director of public relations and vice-president of marketing. Work included answering the phones, scheduling calendars, filing, typing, layouts of publications and brochures; published employee newsletter. Also assisted in coordination of hospital "Fun Run". Enjoyed the marketing aspect of the job.
Good entry level position
Radiology Technologist Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 23, 2013
Pros: 401k
Cons: no room for advancement
It is a great place to work. My position was a great entry level position.
Very Productive job
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 16, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: 2nd shift
typical fast paced work environment. Advancement, kind employees
Great Hospital
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 18, 2013
I completed my pharmacy internship at Huntsville Hospital and thought it was a fantastic place to learn! Great teachers and got to see a lot you would not see in a smaller facility. I grew up in Huntsville and I have seen how HH has expanded. A job at HH would be a jewel for a resume!
Good Place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 28, 2013
I enjoy Huntsville Hospital and the environment it provides.
it's a good job for a prn job
Social worker (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 25, 2013
I only work prn so I can only speak of prn. I enjoy working there
Good Place to Work
Central Processing Technician (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches, free flu shots and doctor visits at employee health
Cons: no benefits for prn positions
I like working here, but I'm not doing what I went to school for. Most of my co workers are nice, but there's always gunna be a few that you don't mesh with, and HH is no different.
strives to stay tops in education. clean work inviroment
Cardiac Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 9, 2013
great place to work. Enjoyed patient care and Educating patients. Co-workers were enjoyable to work with. I Learned the newest cardiac information to give the best care to my patients.
Great organization to work for.
Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
It is an organization tha has high expectation for quality of care and patient safety.
Difficult work environment
OR (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 26, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: lack of management, no direction for employees, too many cliques
Poor orientation for new employees. Inexperienced supervisors. Lack of management. Co-workers unhappy
good workplace if you have a degree in the medical field
Endo Transporter (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 17, 2012
transport patients in wheelchair or streecher.
teamwork and time management.
not very helpful with problems.
did not like to use teamwork.
management switching my hours when they wanted.
patient interaction.
Hospitality
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2012
Pros: free lunch, great benefits
Cons: long hours
I have learned alot about nutrition and certain health diets.
The hardest part of the job was learning everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people all day everyday.
Telemetry
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 15, 2012
A typical day of work would be to watch heart monitors all night and inform the nurses of any change in cardiac rhythm. I learned how to read and interpret regular and life threatening cardiac rhythms
I considered it a blessing to work at one job for sixteen years
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville AlabamaOctober 30, 2012
I worked in Accounts Payable at Huntsville Hospital for sixteen years. I enjoyed my job and developed a lot of personal friends. My job was hectic but I have always enjoyed interaction with others. I was responsible for several of the largest accounts at the hospital and assuring all payments was made in a timely manner
Oncology is loving and giving department to be a part of.
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee), Huntsville, AlOctober 23, 2012
My typical day at work starts at 6:45. I usually have 10-20 beds that I am responsible for. When I come in each room, I introduce myself write my name on the board and take their vital signs at 8, 12, and 4 pm. I ask the patient how was their day, how are they feeling and do they need anything. While I am asking these question I am assessing the environment – more... for safety and family dynamics. Later on I take blood sugars, attend to the needs of the patient, and assist the RN's.

I have learned many things on oncology. Critical thinking, end of life care, and always have a positive attitude.

Managing and prioritizing your time is very important it is the key to a successful shift.

My co-workers are wonderful. But if there us a problem, it should be discussed and if it can't be rectified, go through the chain of command. But you pick and choose your battles. Everyone has a bad day and you take people from day to day, and don't hold grudges. Each day is a new day.

The hardest part of my job is when staffing is low, but I do work well under stressful situations.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my patients, I love hearing the stories and interacting with my them. The stories they tell are enjoyable and I learn from each one. – less
Nice overall package
RN, Vascular/Colon/Rectal Floor Staff (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 17, 2012
Multiple shift and career opportunities. Great Benefits. Overall adequate/fair management.
Dealing with sick patient
Unit Secretary/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 5, 2012
Pros: there is always up to date training, helping people
Cons: lunch breaks being cut into, upset families, normally no breaks
A typical day was taking orders not only from my nurse manager, but also the doctors. I maintained patient charts, entered orders, answered phones, and customer service.

I learned how a hospital ran on a day to day bases. I learned to be very compassionate with families and patients. I learned how to handle stressful situations.

I loved my coworkers, – more... there may have been a few that was difficult to work with, but we mostly worked as a team.

I enjoyed helping families and patients as I could to make being in the hospital as comfortable as I could.

The hardest part was seeing patients come on the floor and knowing that the point of them being there was just to keep them comfortable. It was hard seeing the family members when their loved ones became very ill or passed away. – less
Up to date standards of care,management friendly,employee oriented
Staff R.N (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 2, 2012
Pros: employee reconigition, discounted prescriptions, daycare, flexible hours.
Cons: salary topouts
This is an excellant workplace as recognized by the community with a Best Workplace Award 2011.The administration offers information weekly regarding the state of the hospital and changes brought on by the political climate. The hospital enforces the latest standards of care. Managers keep employees informed and encourage fresh ideas.The medical care – more... for employees is better than and cheaper than most surrounding businesses. – less
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: easy work
Cons: dint like having to go to heart alerts
I enjoyed the people and my job. Most of the people worked well together, management was pretty good. The pay was competetive. The nightshift wasnt always the best because I wanted to be on days, but the job itself was really good.
Health Care Excellence
Registered Nurse - Surgical Trauma ICU (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: always something to do
Cons: high high stress level when working with critically ill
Typical day starts at 6:30am and ends 7:30pm caring for critically ill patients in the regions Level One trauma ICU. Every day, every patient is a new learning experience, each unique in its challenges. Management was supportive of RN's as vital parts of each patients health care team, coworkers eager to help each other out. Hardest part of job was – more... when a patient does not get better. Most enjoyable part of job is to see a patient who you have cared for get to go home. – less

About Huntsville Hospital

Health Care Authority of the City of Huntsville ensures that residents get the medical attention they need. The┬ávolunteer board – Read more

Huntsville Hospital Photos