Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Listed In Top 10 Best Workplaces
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2015
Huntsville Hospital is a fast growing hospital that's on the cutting edge of healthcare. The department I work within is constantly turning over in Case Managers and Social Workers due to the workload which show the high number of admissions within the hospital.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Limited Advancement Opportunities
Huntsville Hospital has become a very large place with lots of multi tasking daily
insurance biller/follow up (Current Employee) –  huntsville alabamaAugust 28, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Huntsville Hospital and get along well with my coworkers , due to my office relocating to Madison Alabama and me living in Tennessee i prefer to not drive a hout and half to work daily . I have recently Married and been single for many years and for my homelife situation the commute is going to be difficult . Currently I pay Alabama Taxes and live in Tennessee and would prefer a job located in Tennessee.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Medical Field is very Fast paced
CO-workers make all the difference
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2016
The employees of the ER make this a great place to work.
Otherwise, HH does not pay employees enough for the daily work challenges and demands.
Productive place of employment
Pain Management, Job duties (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
This was a great job. Management was top-notch. I enjoyed working with the pain management doctors, nurses, and the patients I dealt with on a daily basis were very enjoyable. I would love to work for this company again if ever given the opportunity.
Nice work back
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2016
It's the top hospital for a reason. They expect a lot out of you and there is always something going on. Stay on track and you will do fine. Obey every single rule.
Patient Financial Services
Patient Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 27, 2015
A Professional, fast paced, team working environment. You work directly and indirectly with multiple areas. You have opportunity to learn multiple job skills within the department. Standard amount of Politics which is normal for a Very Large Not for Profit Organization.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Job Advancement is minimal in this specific department
Workplace Enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 22, 2016
Great team work the RN's were always willing to lend a hand to help the techs and the other techs that worked were always helpful and understanding. Great place to work
Fast pace environment, hard working
Cardiovascular Aide (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2012
I worked at Huntsville Hospital for a while. The hospital and their services as a whole are phenomenal. It's comparison is to none and they take pride in knowing that. Technology is to the bar and rising, everyday. The environment is healthcare so it is fast pace. As far as working there, I loved it. Benefits were awesome and ability to advance was great considering they also paid for your education, should you proceed beyond your current degree/certification. They hold their people and their services to a bar that if not met, you will be booted. They strive for success. Sometimes it doesn't matter the cost.
Pros
benefits, discounts, in-house pharmacy, tuition reimbursement, continuing education online provided, free seminars, overtime
Cons
short breaks if breaks even exist, hardcore, parking and walking down street in rain to bldgs
Fellow employees are great. Management has become inflexible, difficult.
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801April 16, 2016
The hospital used to be a great place to work. The friendships I made are still some of my best. Unfortunately, administration/management have become to worried about whether or not a patients "happy" with their stay and care as if staying at a hotel. Going to a hospital isn't always fun and unfortunately can be a painful undertaking.
Pros
Free employee parking
Cons
Difficult management. Experienced staff isn't encouraged to stay.
Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 22, 2015
Huntsville Hospital is a excellent place for employment it is also a learning and growth place to be. they have good benefits you are rewarded for the work you put out.
Postpartum
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 25, 2016
Happy floor to work on, Caring for new mothers and infants. A typical start of the day is to check on the status of the patient. Check on how are they doing, what they need. What orders need to carried out . Organization and preparation a must to help secure an easier flowing day in caring of patients throughout the day. Co-workers, great team members. Hardest part of the job, is when the health of either the mother or the infant turns bad. The long 12 hour shifts can sometimes become so exhausting, but the days off are great. Postpartum a great place to work.
Pros
caring for happy, healthy patients.
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
Up to date standards of care,management friendly,employee oriented
Staff R.N (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 2, 2012
This is an excellant workplace as recognized by the community with a Best Workplace Award 2011.The administration offers information weekly regarding the state of the hospital and changes brought on by the political climate. The hospital enforces the latest standards of care. Managers keep employees informed and encourage fresh ideas.The medical care for employees is better than and cheaper than most surrounding businesses.
Pros
employee reconigition, discounted prescriptions, daycare, flexible hours.
Cons
salary topouts
Good Place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  HuntsvilleSeptember 4, 2015
Good place to work. I would recommend. I spent 14 years as an employee and would still be there had I not changed job fields. I still have friends there and if you are going into the Medical profession it is a great place to work.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Its cooperate and at the end of the day your just a number.
Good work experience for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 4, 2016
The nurse will have three to five patients. The new nurse will learn how to treat and prep cardiovascular patients for surgery. The hardest part of the job is time management. Having five patient is over baring and should not happen. Co-workers are supportive and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients get well and being part of there recovery.
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Not getting an uninterrupted lunch.
A very fast paced and enjoyable place to work.
Phlebotimist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville MainApril 15, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of around 35-40 patients a day with a very friendly work environment. The hardest part of the job is watching the patients go through the process of their personal medical situations. Yet, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping those patients get better in their personal medical situations!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Sometimes breaks and lunches have to be sacrificed due to work load.
Pharmacy
IV Room Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 2, 2014
The pharmacy was not a bad place to work. There were a few people who really cared about the job, and they were nice to work with, but there were way more people who really didn't care, so it made your job harder. The hospital really does not make the employees feel like they are concerned with anything other than making a dime. They cut benefits and raise prices. I would not recommend working there.
I love working with my coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2016
I love working with coworkers.My supervisor promise me a day shift and never gave it to me working 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. I didn't like it but was waiting to go to days. When I didn't get dayshift had to find a day time job.
Pros
I love working with people
Cons
The 12 hour shifts
Challenging department that drew forth my best on a daily basis
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 4, 2016
This position increased my confidence in myself and my abilities as a nurse. Typical workday was 12 hours a day, and fast paced. Wonderful co-workers who are passionate about what they do. The hardest part of my job was seeing the most critical patients on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction that patients were receiving quality care in a supportive environment.
Pros
Rewarding, fast-paced
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
productive
Catering & C-Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 8, 2014
great place to work , fun, everyday interesting

To produce all catering services for the agreed client standard through the catering team
To ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (is accurate within agreed budgeted levels
To manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery
‘Walk the floor’ during service periods to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered to the customers
Ensure the standards across the department are in accordance with the Service Agreements
Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the catering policy
Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to
Customers, clients and staff
Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth both within the contract and the external market
Control all costs such as labor, expenses, and cash purchases as agreed with your department director
Recruit, manage, induct, train, motivate and appraise staff to promote good employee relations and operate within Company procedures, (Staff appraisals to be conducted at least annually)
Hold monthly team briefing meetings
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Excellent place to work
Follow Up / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 8, 2013
Huntsville Hospital Systems is an excellent place to work, with wonderful benefits and compensation. Management is very conscious of health care issues in the country as well as in our surrounding areas, and strive to maintain stability for our employees in this challenging time.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Point System

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.