Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work with great benefits.
Telephone Technician/Network Support Tech I (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2015
Fun place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job was resolving customers' issues and interacting with patients and their family members. Hardest part of the job was trying to address work orders in a timely fashion being that we were extremely understaffed within our IT Telecom group.
big hosital with lots of learning
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 25, 2015
I had got this job right out of school. I have learned so much from this hospital. My coworkers were a great team of people. This job is an ideal place to learn new skills and have a great career.
Pros
getting to learn new skills and good solid company
Cons
night shift is always hard
Hard worker,love children,self motivated
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Huntsville,AlSeptember 5, 2015
I am a hard worker looking to change my career in medical field to working with children. I have always loved working with children. I want to change my career into what I love and passionate about and that is children.
Pros
great job
Cons
want to work with children
Good Place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  HuntsvilleSeptember 4, 2015
Good place to work. I would recommend. I spent 14 years as an employee and would still be there had I not changed job fields. I still have friends there and if you are going into the Medical profession it is a great place to work.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Its cooperate and at the end of the day your just a number.
Huntsville Hospital has become a very large place with lots of multi tasking daily
insurance biller/follow up (Current Employee) –  huntsville alabamaAugust 28, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Huntsville Hospital and get along well with my coworkers , due to my office relocating to Madison Alabama and me living in Tennessee i prefer to not drive a hout and half to work daily . I have recently Married and been single for many years and for my homelife situation the commute is going to be difficult . Currently I pay Alabama Taxes and live in Tennessee and would prefer a job located in Tennessee.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Medical Field is very Fast paced
Patient Financial Services
Patient Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 27, 2015
A Professional, fast paced, team working environment. You work directly and indirectly with multiple areas. You have opportunity to learn multiple job skills within the department. Standard amount of Politics which is normal for a Very Large Not for Profit Organization.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Job Advancement is minimal in this specific department
I loved woking with Huntsville Hospital and the staff.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2015
I loved my hours. I loved my supervisors and management team. I really regret that they had to close this department down and start outsourcing the work to MedScribe. I was able to go to work for MedScribe, but it is not the same.
Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 3, 2015
An usual night at work is pretty hectic as any other hospital floor at the beginning of the shift, and being understaffed doesn't help. I've learned an abundance of things, such as working with a very diverse patient load. Co-workers are the best on my floor with helping, coaching, and teaching. There really is no hard part of the job, but challenges do arise, it's all about how you handle them. The joy of my job is patient care, we have a lot of frequent patients, so you get to know them and their families.
Not a lot of chances of advancement.
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 21, 2015
No two days are ever a like. I have worked with some great people. I have also learned not matter how hard you work, you can get stepped over for a promotion for someone that happens to be a friend of a supervisor, instead of having the experience or seniority.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
No room for advancement. May not get a break for hours.
Many departments are either understaffed. Others are overworked.
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2015
It is a good place to work for any who don't mind an abundance of hours and awkward shifts. Others may feel it encroaches into their personal lives far too much.
A job that matters
Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 23, 2015
I entered orders, did patient care, vital signs, and whatever was asked of me. The hardest part of the job was seeing patients who needed much more than we could provide. The best part of the job was actually making a difference with the patients' that I helped. It felt more like a family, like I was meant to do this job!
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJune 18, 2015
Clocked at 0700. As shift lead I made assignments. I "floated" to assist my Nurses with highest acuity patients. I made sure everyone got lunch-or food bought in. I intercepted doctor/Nurse issues if necessary. I stocked. I set up operating room cases. I sterilized equipment. I arranged rare blood delivery. I instructed the nursing students in clinic
Pros
peers
Cons
Nurse shortage
It was a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, w&c, MainJune 18, 2015
I went in washed my hands, made sure the room was set up for procedure. Checked paperwork on chart, talked to pt. waited for doctor. Prepared pt for surgery. Assessed and evaluated pt. before taking them to next level of care.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
lack of communication
Excellent compensation and health benefits
HEALTH UNIT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Huntsville AlabamaJune 14, 2015
Health Unit Assistant duties are to monitor patients vital signs, provide care and give information to the nurses. Maintain clean rooms for patient's.
Also work as Unit Secretary maintaining patient files for the nurses and physicians. Ordering meds and procedures for patients per request of the physician.
I learned procedures and terminology in out patient surgery.
Most co-workers were very good to work with, while some were difficult and did not give very good direction and were not professional. The hardest part of the job was learning all the procedures for ordering prescriptions and procedures at the same time having to perform patient care.
I really enjoyed learning the challenge of learning the procedures of ordering procedures and medications, I just wish I could have had a little more concentration on that part of the job rather than having to provide patient care at the same time.
Pros
Very friendly co workers made it a very enjoyable place to work
Cons
Some supervisors were unprofessional and didn't provide adequate instruction.
Enjoyable atmosphere and people
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  PharmacyJune 12, 2015
Typical Day: Demanding, busy, fun, and enjoyable.
What I learned: Everything I could.
Management: Showed a great consideration for their employees.
My Co-workers: Great people to work with.
Hardest part of the job: Finding advancement opportunities.
Most enjoyable part of the job: The satisfaction of providing quality healthcare and service.
Poor Culture and Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 12, 2015
This hospital is somewhat behind in providing quality evidence based care. It is very outdated when compared to other facilities its size. The work environment is tense. Management is not concerned about employee satisfaction.
punitive management style
Cardiology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 2, 2015
Atmosphere is punitive in nature, without positive re enforcement for hard working employees, Nurses are understaffed in critical care, which is frightening
Pros
short staffing
Cons
short breaks if any
Caring Cultural
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2015
Staff on most Units are very caring and will go the extra mile for patients and co-workers. I worked all shifts, including weekends, on several different floors. Rarely did I come across a staff member who did not give their best. Typical 12 hour shift, lots of charting, must be a team player.
Pros
Caring Cultural, Good Nurse Mangers
Cons
Low Pay and Poor Staff to Nurse Ratios Compared to National Average for Registered Nurses
Productive work, great career enhancement.
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2015
My experience at Huntsville Hospital presented a great learning environment, supportive management and coworkers that are fun and communicative. The hardest part of my job is adjusting to a large turnover of Nurses and having to train. Most enjoyable is working with a good group of Nurses.
Excellent educational opportunities to keep your skills current
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 26, 2015
Enjoyed my co-workers, good work environment. The hardest part of the job was when you were pulled to another unit to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.