Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Cleanliness is a plus
Sous Chef, Dr's Lounge & Retail Chef (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2013
A typical day at work for me is creating great meals, laughing and having a great time with co-workers.
What I learned was time management and creating different dishes.
The management is fair but could be better. Time needs to be worked on.
My co-workers are very friendly and funny. I love to work with them.
The hardest part of my job is making sure all the food is done at the correct time. Its a very fast pacing job and having the food done at a certain time is a must.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know more about the co-workers and helping them out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
time management, more work than it's worth
I use to love it!
Attendant 2 Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 10, 2013
I use to love working at Huntsville Hospital but so much has changed since I started in 1999. I started as a Secretary but in order to keep my job had to transition over to becoming a tech. Meaning drawing blood, performing Ekg's and basically having contact with patients. I really enjoy helping people but I would rather being in a office setting instead of taking care of patients. I am thankfull to have a job just not comfortable with the change.
A great friendly work place where you meet great people.
Cook/ Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2012
Ready to get to work and do what I do best, help patients in need. I learned to care for people more and more everyday. Management was very great with employees very understandable. Working in a place where everybody works as a team. Never had a hard time on the job very easy and laid back. Taking care of the patients, making food and taking the patients order on the menu for the next meal. Just being able to help a person in need.
Pros
relaxed work place free lunch and long breaks.
Health Care Excellence
Registered Nurse - Surgical Trauma ICU (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2012
Typical day starts at 6:30am and ends 7:30pm caring for critically ill patients in the regions Level One trauma ICU. Every day, every patient is a new learning experience, each unique in its challenges. Management was supportive of RN's as vital parts of each patients health care team, coworkers eager to help each other out. Hardest part of job was when a patient does not get better. Most enjoyable part of job is to see a patient who you have cared for get to go home.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
high high stress level when working with critically ill
Up to date standards of care,management friendly,employee oriented
Staff R.N (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 2, 2012
This is an excellant workplace as recognized by the community with a Best Workplace Award 2011.The administration offers information weekly regarding the state of the hospital and changes brought on by the political climate. The hospital enforces the latest standards of care. Managers keep employees informed and encourage fresh ideas.The medical care for employees is better than and cheaper than most surrounding businesses.
Pros
employee reconigition, discounted prescriptions, daycare, flexible hours.
Cons
salary topouts
Can go from dull to hectic in less than 60 secondds
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2013
A typical day patients are taken to the operating room and helped through surgery.

I have learned that ever person, every patient is different and needs different levels of care.

In my opinion, management doesn't fully understand the ramifications of their rules imposed upon us. I don't think they can fully grasp the amount of work we do to ensure patient safety.

Some of my coworkers are wonderful. But most are lazy. Not many are skilled, but don't want to take the initiative to learn anything new.

The hardest part about my job is knowing that I am not valued for my knowledge and expertise.

The most enjoyable part of my job is just doing it. I get great satisfaction in what I do.
Pros
it's an ok place to work
Cons
no raises. in fact, pay cuts
Beware do not work for security here.
Visitor Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaDecember 17, 2013
To start off the managers will lie to you. Second, if you get into a situation they don't care and wont send help. Co-workers were shocked for how long that I lasted (3 months). Hardest part of the job was dealing with out raged people going there. Nothing enjoyable. Don't keep the uniform and they will find a way to cut your pay.
Pros
employee parking
Cons
pay, medical, long hours, lots of derespect.
Poor management, excellent health insurance and no room for advancement
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 25, 2013
Although Huntsville Hospital is a health care facility, they are proud of their services they provide to their community and patients. It is impossible to advance into a different positions. Managers reserve positions for friends, family or a team member who is in their clique. Employees do not work as a team and there is no respect depending on the department, often the medical staff can be rude. Health insurance is excellent but the cost is expensive, we didn't receive a raise to accommodate the increase. Also, management is weak due to lack of experience and poor leadership.
Pros
excellent health insurance but expensive
Cons
no room for advancement, poor management and stressful environment
Marketing and PR for Huntsville Hospital
Marketing/PR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2013
Office support for nine marketing coordinators, the director of public relations and vice-president of marketing. Work included answering the phones, scheduling calendars, filing, typing, layouts of publications and brochures; published employee newsletter. Also assisted in coordination of hospital "Fun Run". Enjoyed the marketing aspect of the job.
really good environment with lots of employment opportunities
Certified Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801July 17, 2014
I liked working at the hospital, but found that the Trauma Unit was very draining on me emotionally, therefore I have opted to seek other employment
Pros
close to home and like that huntsville is a groing metropolis
Cons
huntsville is a really large city that differs from groing up in a small town
nice play to work but bad policies
Supervisor of Registration Services (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 25, 2015
Its was very fun and fulling place to work but the attendance policies were terrible. You have to put in for time off in well over 2 months in advance
Never a dull day working at Huntsville Hospital! You see just about everything!
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 14, 2012
Huntsville Hospital has given me great opportunity to be involved in high volume of customer service. I enjoy the department employees I work with to include the supervisors and director. Working in the nutrition department of HH we see thousands of customers daily and can become stressful, however I maintain a smile and put customers first from the first hour to the last hour of my work. I work with a high volume of cash which has to be accounted for and verified at the beginning and end of my shift.
Pros
nutrition department employees received free meals, and could swap with other employees days on your schedule should a conflict arise.
Cons
the cost of insurance for part time employees, the inconsistency of work hours.
I considered it a blessing to work at one job for sixteen years
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville AlabamaOctober 30, 2012
I worked in Accounts Payable at Huntsville Hospital for sixteen years. I enjoyed my job and developed a lot of personal friends. My job was hectic but I have always enjoyed interaction with others. I was responsible for several of the largest accounts at the hospital and assuring all payments was made in a timely manner
DEPARTMENT SECRETARY-CHF (Former Employee) –  EASY ACCESS FROM HOMEFebruary 15, 2014
Always busy, good place to work,
A typical day at hhs consist of scheduling about 30 50 appointments, answering phones, making lab appointments; most enjoyable part was helping the patients, visitors, etc., To make sure they were happy and satisified with my services; we were team players-we help each other.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
to busy for lunch somtime
I enjoy working for HH but I need more hours and still have the flexability of my schedule for school.
Ortho-Trauma LPN (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaFebruary 28, 2012
Great Place to work just not many openings for LPN's. Some of the coworkwers can be not so pleasant but the patients and experience is wonderful and makes it worthwhile.
Pros
flexible schedule, great patients, grood benifits when pt or ft status
Cons
prn hours and no benifits as prn
very demanding work environment
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 2, 2014
work load demands are on a tight time frame which can make it hard to do the job with the right attitude and total customer/patient support that maybe required
Pros
stability of the job
Cons
demanding strict schedule with little room for flexibility of work schedule
Fast pace environment, hard working
Cardiovascular Aide (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2012
I worked at Huntsville Hospital for a while. The hospital and their services as a whole are phenomenal. It's comparison is to none and they take pride in knowing that. Technology is to the bar and rising, everyday. The environment is healthcare so it is fast pace. As far as working there, I loved it. Benefits were awesome and ability to advance was great considering they also paid for your education, should you proceed beyond your current degree/certification. They hold their people and their services to a bar that if not met, you will be booted. They strive for success. Sometimes it doesn't matter the cost.
Pros
benefits, discounts, in-house pharmacy, tuition reimbursement, continuing education online provided, free seminars, overtime
Cons
short breaks if breaks even exist, hardcore, parking and walking down street in rain to bldgs
Excellent place to work
Follow Up / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 8, 2013
Huntsville Hospital Systems is an excellent place to work, with wonderful benefits and compensation. Management is very conscious of health care issues in the country as well as in our surrounding areas, and strive to maintain stability for our employees in this challenging time.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
point system
learning to become nurse
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  huntsville alAugust 11, 2014
I have been a phlebotomist for 2 yrs.
pursuing a nursing career
work third shift, 9 other co-workrs. usully the quickest to get work done. daily volum stick of 45-65.
interact with ICU patients, all in patients, respond to CODES for blood draw.
Cons
bad management, no room for advancement or learning
Its is a busy place to work ,you have to keep your wits about you. its quiet one minute and then next it felt like World War III broke out
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2014
a typical day starts busy, and busier, patients being MED Flight from different counties,
Pros
best nurses and doctors
Cons
too much pressure sometime