Huntsville Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Data Processing Manager
Data Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AROctober 19, 2017
When I started this job I actually started on the old switchboard and they was approached about billing, I accepted that position and stayed with the company until the receivership finished after they closed in 1992
Poor
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TXAugust 29, 2017
Very unorganized. Poor management, over worked employee's with no intent to get help. No time to listen to problems to better the company. Constant lies to keep from giving a straight story or reason for something
I enjoyed my time here.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 27, 2017
Huntsville is a wonderful place to work. busy-Fast paced environment. You work with great people. The only issue with me was the drive. I like closer to the city.
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 14, 2017
Was a very great place to work
No problem working here
Have work from home
Boss was very nice and helpful
flex hours

Not sure what else to say,,,,
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
busy
RN-ER, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at this facility while I was there They had good nurses and staff. I left after having to constantly take care of inmates in the emergency room.
semi fun place to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 14, 2017
HMH can be a very good place to work at time. I have had very good management and I have had poor management. I have been in different departments and they have been ok .
terrible
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 13, 2017
the staff is overworked-management is weak-dont enforce even workload through all employees-no consistent breaks-the benefits are minimal at best- would not recommend working here
Cons
very little support and staff overworked
Small and Friendly
Surgical Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 5, 2017
The management team is very understanding and will work with you. The pay rate is not as high as some of the other facilities I have worked at, but the patient load is not unreasonable. Overall it is not a bad place to work.
Pros
The drive for me is better
Cons
Pay
Huntsville Memorial ER
Registered Nurse-ER Level IV Trauma (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXApril 24, 2017
Good place to work, great staff, good pay, steady overtime. Pretty high turnover rate mainly due to location. Immediate management is outstanding, however upper management outside of the ER was subpar to put it politely. Would definitely recommend employment at HMH.
Pros
Staff;pay;autonomy;
Cons
Upper management; location;no room for advancement
bad culture of nursing and physicians in ER
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXApril 14, 2017
It is known in the community that patients would rather drive on to the next hospital than stop here and with good reason. Nursing staff are not nice to patients, or each other; providers are arrogant and not nice to patients and at time refuse to speak to patients. Management in the ED perpetuate dysfunctional employee culture by encouraging constant complaining about coworkers and not enforcing that everyone do their jobs. People who are happy within themselves can offer great service to their customers. There are quite a few unhappy employees working here which means they aren't capable of giving great care. My suggestion is they clean the slate and start fresh!

Want to know more about Huntsville Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Home Health Nurse, Case Manager
Registered Nurse, Case Manager, Home Health (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXApril 12, 2017
Low pay, paper charting, Ineffective management, long hours of charting, small team so on call often, long drive times.

Patients very needy and often low income so it was a good area to help patients and to make a difference in their long term health.
Pros
many patients need nursing care and very appreciative of services
Cons
The hospital sold off home health part of business since they could not effectively run Home Health
Pretty Good Job
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMarch 1, 2017
Loved the people I worked with. Great Team! Pay could be much better and benefits need revamping! Would Trust any of my coworkers to assist in my surgery
Ok
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXFebruary 20, 2017
The workplace culture of this facility can be quite clannish. There are some great nurses and Dr's that work at this facility.
Radiology Transporter
Radiology Transporter (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXOctober 17, 2016
- Ensured the quality of care was maintained during interdepartmental transportation of patients, assisted radiologist and radiological technologist in various radiological procedures, and responsible for film development with traditional and CR films.
Balanced work & life
Nurse (Current Employee) –  HMH, HuntsvilleJuly 30, 2016
As a nurse, you get to balance your work & family life due to a low stress level as compared to other metropolitan/magnet hospitals. Also, you can learn alot, especially if you are novice nurse. The mgt is below average likewise the attitude of some fellow staff as well. There's politics/clashes between house sup/manager/director about staff scheduling/on call etc. Establishing ones self contentment, professional boundaries & self disciplines matters alot when dealing with fellow staff including CNA's.
Pros
Low stress level, advancement
Cons
Pay, On-call, high turnover rates
Work
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJuly 14, 2016
You need to be very flexible and willing to put in extra effort/time. You are assisting people who are sick or in pain that do not have a whole lot of patience. You must have thick skin and a lot of compassion.
Cons
short breaks if any
Very professional workplace
CNA (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 12, 2016
I enjoy the enthusiasm of my coworkers in this facility, as well as the overall cleanliness of the facility. Though there is no way to keep every patient 100% satisfied, I never came across a problem that was too hard to solve.
learn
RN ICU Internship (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Good place to learn. Environment is generally slower than larger hospitals. A community hospital focused on the well being of the patient.
Poor managment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 17, 2015
My typical day at work is pretty busy, I am collecting and processing specimens of all types from patients on all hospital floors including ICU, ER, Med/Surg, Ob, and out patients. Adults and Pediatrics. ( Heel sticks, finger sticks, PKU's). Because of my experience, there isn't anything that I've really learned here. The management in the Lab department is extremely poor, allowing young unprofessional and inexperienced employees to violate the dress code, have unlimited breaks and lunches, unlimited tardies and absences. They run the show and do as they please. They also bully and harass the new employees, which causes the new employees to quit and is why they are constantly hiring. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with those employees. Having to do work for too and being harassed on top of it is really stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to do my job and be with my patients.
Somewhat an okay work enviornment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 1, 2015
When clock in I get report from other CNA on patients, sometimes see management walk around, co workers are kind of hard to work with because of the lack of communication, the most enjoyable part about my job is helping the patients and after they receive their care I see a smile on their face
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Huntsville Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location