Huntsville Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Balanced work & life
Nurse (Current Employee) –  HMH, HuntsvilleJuly 30, 2016
As a nurse, you get to balance your work & family life due to a low stress level as compared to other metropolitan/magnet hospitals. Also, you can learn alot, especially if you are novice nurse. The mgt is below average likewise the attitude of some fellow staff as well. There's politics/clashes between house sup/manager/director about staff scheduling/on call etc. Establishing ones self contentment, professional boundaries & self disciplines matters alot when dealing with fellow staff including CNA's.
Pros
Low stress level, advancement
Cons
Pay, On-call, high turnover rates
Radiology Transporter
Radiology Transporter (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXOctober 17, 2016
- Ensured the quality of care was maintained during interdepartmental transportation of patients, assisted radiologist and radiological technologist in various radiological procedures, and responsible for film development with traditional and CR films.
Work
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJuly 14, 2016
You need to be very flexible and willing to put in extra effort/time. You are assisting people who are sick or in pain that do not have a whole lot of patience. You must have thick skin and a lot of compassion.
Cons
short breaks if any
Very professional workplace
CNA (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 12, 2016
I enjoy the enthusiasm of my coworkers in this facility, as well as the overall cleanliness of the facility. Though there is no way to keep every patient 100% satisfied, I never came across a problem that was too hard to solve.
Poor managment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 17, 2015
My typical day at work is pretty busy, I am collecting and processing specimens of all types from patients on all hospital floors including ICU, ER, Med/Surg, Ob, and out patients. Adults and Pediatrics. ( Heel sticks, finger sticks, PKU's). Because of my experience, there isn't anything that I've really learned here. The management in the Lab department is extremely poor, allowing young unprofessional and inexperienced employees to violate the dress code, have unlimited breaks and lunches, unlimited tardies and absences. They run the show and do as they please. They also bully and harass the new employees, which causes the new employees to quit and is why they are constantly hiring. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with those employees. Having to do work for too and being harassed on top of it is really stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to do my job and be with my patients.
Radiology assistant.
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 14, 2013
A great way to introduce yourself in to the field of medicine without having to volunteer. This was an amazing place to gather information about potential career choices.
Pros
patient care
Cons
lack of compensation.
Productive and busy workplace
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMarch 4, 2013
Productive and busy workplace. Huntsville Memorial Hospital has undergone many changes and obstacles but in the end pull through as a team. The hardest part of the job is when good people were laid off because services were outsourced. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were a few that made a difference to the organization and worked hard to get the job done.
Pros
low cost meals for employees and benefits
Cons
oursourced employees
very professional workplace
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXDecember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working with patients and getting the experience and knowledge that I gained while working there. I thought the matrix schedule would be horrible but it turned out to be a great idea, if I could go back ,,,I most definitely would. management was up to part. they made sure to have meetings frequently to touch basis with employees , which was good.
Pros
the work schedule
Cons
it gets crazy
learn
RN ICU Internship (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Good place to learn. Environment is generally slower than larger hospitals. A community hospital focused on the well being of the patient.
Somewhat an okay work enviornment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 1, 2015
When clock in I get report from other CNA on patients, sometimes see management walk around, co workers are kind of hard to work with because of the lack of communication, the most enjoyable part about my job is helping the patients and after they receive their care I see a smile on their face
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
All around great
Chef De Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Huntsville TexasMarch 8, 2013
Was a great place to work and great people too. I was in charge of all special functions and also cooked for the staff and clients alike. The executive Chef and the Director were both very well aclaimed chefs with amazing culinary backgrounds. A+
Very Fun And motivating Work Space!
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Huntsville TexasJanuary 16, 2013
A typical day at work for me is going in at three pm and Starting by taking blood pressures and passing ice. Next I Chart the Blood pressures on the medical computer system.I take the blood pressures every four hours along with anything else i am need to do.
I have learned respect and personal skills. I enjoy my Employer And My Co-workers are very nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is...well nothing is hard to me i like having a fast paced environment and friendly people that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
i work the evening shift and 3 pm to 11 pm and i need something during the day time.
I enjoyed working here.
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist/ Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXSeptember 1, 2014
The management has totally been replaced since I worked here. When I was here the facilities and co-workers were nice. I left because I was interested in traveling.
Great management, Great opportunity
Internship/ RN (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 12, 2014
The culture of the company made every day an enjoyable day. Great experience.
Wonderful co-workers
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJuly 9, 2013
HMH is a great place to work, everyone is there to help and teach you. Not only do you see your co-workers working hard to get the day done, but our department director also comes in and if she has to scrub or assist in a case she will. There are many days that we are short on employees because most of them are in school but we still manage to get the day done.I have learned how to multi-task and many other useful skills here at HMH.
Pros
everyone works together to get the surgeries done
Cons
most of the time we are short handed
Wellness Program is Awesome
General Office Clerk - Maintenance Department (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXSeptember 20, 2012
Office Duties
I have learned that the Maintenance Department is the heart of the hospital.
The hardest part of the job is the taking of minutes.
The Most enjoyable part of the job is the secretarial portion.
Pros
wellness program
Its has a good and bad side
EVS TECH 1 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 10, 2012
Its has a good and bad side to this job, either you like it or you don't
Pros
helping keep a patient room clean
Cons
seeing people die
Great place to work with good benefits.
Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Very outgoing learn different things very good place to work at peoples are friendly.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Okay Workplace
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville TXJuly 10, 2013
Okay place to work. It's very clique oriented. If you're not a nurse, doctor, or administrative staff your treated like the "help"
College Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXApril 30, 2013
Worked in many different departments while attending college. Learned many different things about how a hospital is run.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Huntsville Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location