Hurley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent facillity with mission to serve.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 24, 2017
Very much appreciate the culture of excellence. RN's working here have opportunity for great career experience. Much growth and change occurs periodically with this facility which lends itself to opportunity to engage between departments and within the community that Hurley serves. It has a dynamic quality about it.
Cna
"Nursing Assistant" (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 21, 2017
great enviornment love going to work wiht great people work first shift so Im in and out
• Experienced de-escalation tactics
• Certified in Basic Life Support CPR/AED
• Experienced in documentation of incident reports
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
union problems
productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 5, 2017
Great everything was wonderful the way people treated you and the manners everyone had was great and very respectful the environment was the best to be in
Great working environment with many opportunities to learn and excel. Like a second family
Ultrasonographer, maternal fetal medicine (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 1, 2017
Great place to work as an ultrasonographer
I have learned so much and have built relationships not only with employees but with patients. The doctors are willing to teach and encourage growth.
Pros
Opportunity to learn everyday
High paced ED
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 1, 2017
Low income area with the ED being a primary source of healthcare for most residents of the area. The job is taxing some days but coworkers and lower management make the job more rewarding.
Great learning environment, its the only level one trauma center in the area. Fast paced work environment but is also a teaching hospital, great for learning trauma. Large emergency department with a dedicated pediatric emergency department with pediatric trained staff.
Exciting and fun work place with union and benefits
Registered ultrasongrapher (Current Employee) –  Flint michiganMay 31, 2017
Level one trauma center. Exciting place to work, will gain lots of experience, friendly staff, intense work load, can be stressful, great pay, union and benefits
Pros
Great pay union, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, fast work pace
provides healthcare for a diverse population of clients
CNA Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 26, 2017
HMC does provide quality nursing care to its clients as a level one trauma center in the inner city of Flint Michigan. Working at HMC has provide a vast of array of experience
Great Doctors and Front Office Staff
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 23, 2017
It was a great learning opportunity and the doctors and front office staff were very helpful. I learned a lot from the ones that were willing to help, the other departments within the hospital worked well the Ob/Gyn clinic to provide excellent customer service.
Pros
Great Learning Enviorment and Helpful and Friendly Front Office.
Cons
The office manager was not truthful, and was not willing to help the front desk personal.
The current adminstration & union are at odds, causing turmoil in the workplace.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 22, 2017
-turmoil in the workplace
-administration continues to take from the nursing staff, including the pettiness of removing parking. Which stands primarily empty. Causing staff to park across the street from the hospital. Keep in mind this is a high crime rate area.
Pros
Friendly staff, as of now competitive pay.
Cons
Turmoil between union members adminstration with threats to drastically cut benifits.
fast paced
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Flint MichiganMay 22, 2017
Hurley medical center services a large under represented community. it is a fast paced environment with multiple competing priorities that is continually changing.
The emergency department has a strong teamwork ethic that begins the moment you start.
It is a great place to learn.

Want to know more about Hurley Medical Center?

Ask a question
Wonderfu Career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 19, 2017
A great hospital to work. Most staff are supportive, with great team work. I've been very lucky to be employed at this hospital and thank you for the opportunity. I have learned to much and will be able to apply the knowledge further in my career.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Staffing issues
Rn
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, and Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 2, 2017
Great teaching and learning hospital. They allowed me to become one with my skills and I continue to build upon those skills as I advance my nursing career.
I learned a lot during my work at Hurley.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 2, 2017
I felt like the staff did not support each other, and that management did not care about their workers. Staff opinions were not valued. Every man for himself in this environment.
Fast paced, learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 2, 2017
Workplace culture is one of collaboration, a team environment. Charge duties offered an opportunity to learn delegation of duties based on team member knowledge and skills.
Job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 24, 2017
Very good company to work for I really like the people they treat me nice I will work with that company again they open there arms to me very good company
Lowest paid hospital in the county
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 20, 2017
Lots of things have changed they are now the lowest paid hospital in the county. The cna only make $10 and management keeps changing in the departments. The only upside is you have great hardworking people to work with
Pros
Good location if you in flunt
Cons
Terrible pay if you dont have a degree and 2 years before a raise if your pt time
Volunteers are Great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 28, 2017
Only volunteered with Hurley. The supervisors were great. The regular employees have side hustles. I like the environment that is healthy. I like the ease of access. I like the sense of security offered.
Pros
Treated nicely by patients, visitors, and staff
Cons
Criticism to stay at home and "Do my job."
Work environment is at times hostile and vidictive. Lack of cohesiveness between administration and management to nursing staff,
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 23, 2017
I work 12 1/2 hour shifts that turn into 14 hour days. I spend the majority of my shift on my feet working at fast pace with multiple tasks and responsibilities to manage. Difficult to take breaks and lunches due to acuity of care. The relationships between nursing staff and nursing managenemnt and administration of the hospital is rapidly declining. I love my bedside patient care and continue to have a strong passion for nursing.
great experience level one trauma center
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  flint, michiganMarch 23, 2017
i have gained a lot of experience at hurley It is a level one trauma center, i got experience in every field.i was able to go on a medical mission with one of the surgeons to the dominican republic. best experience ever. i dont know if i could of gone if not working at hurley to have that opportunity.
Hurley Medical Center.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 17, 2017
patient care:carried out dr's orders, gave medication, started IV's, baths, did changing of dressings, wound care, etc.. all people deserve good health care. providing a caring environment helps people heal faster. its good for physical and mental health. management: responsible for supervision of other nurses, nurse aids, unit clerks. leadership. made patient assignments for staff responsible for the day to day management of floor continuity. pleasant place to work with good co-worker cooperation and working together to give good patient care. long hours on feet, lifting patients and turning them. helping others to regain their health and care for them in the process brings satisfaction to the care giver.
Pros
benefits ok
Cons
as an employee don't get sick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hurley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval