Hurley Medical Center

Hurley Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible management of the kitchen. Bad SUPERVISORS
None (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 12, 2016
The management in this Department is Horrible. The rest of the hospital is great. But the supervisors in the kitchen is what makes the Hurley nutrition services bad. They steal and set up workers to fail. They insult you and make you want to quit.. So sad.
Hurley
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 22, 2015
Very good at providing excellent patient care with managing there available resources. Good team work and atmosphere.
Great Place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 16, 2015
The staff were friendly and helpful I learned a lot of things about billing while working for this company. Not only did I learn the in and outs of billing but the do's and don'ts of billing.
Pros
training
Cons
job assignment didn't last long enough
Caring loving work place
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 8, 2015
Great Place to work, and learn skills in every area. Hurley Medical Center gets all kinds of people with many different situations. I enjoy saving lives, and making people feel better about life changes.
Pros
Positive and highly skill place
Cons
Very busy
Typical shift work with mandated overtime too often
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 6, 2015
The work environment was as fun as we could make. The work was sometimes overwhelming, but we worked together on 3rd shift and helped each other out. Routine hospital work.
Pros
Good rapport among the nurses
Cons
Long hours, lots of paperwork, and expected to stay on 3rd shift for about 10 years
Dietetic Internship at Hurley Medical Center consisted of 40 hours a week for a total of 36 weeks. The emphasis within this internship was clinical.
Level I Trauma/ Hurley Dietetic Internship (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 25, 2015
Learned and experienced public health, community health, food service and clinical rotations to aide in my future of a Registered Dietitian.
Hurley provided much hands on experience and gave me the knowledge to succeed.
Pros
Food was provided by Sodexo
Cons
Unpaid internship
Best place to Work and gain experience
Environmental Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 22, 2015
Hurley has al ot to offer when it comes to their employees. They make you feel like your at home and we're all family. Hurley's #1 priority is making sure we exceed patient's expectations from care to cleanliness of the hospital environment.
A productive medical enviorment where patients health was treated and alleviated
Outpatient Clinic Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 26, 2015
Patients had appointments to see resident doctors their pain was treated with knowledge and experience, their pain was treated alleviated. There were disruptive patients, occasionally, they were treated fairly and their frustration was alleviated, as well. Those were patients that were mainly confused or did not understand their care as others mat have. The clinic was resident based the resident stayed three years and than graduated. I learned many administrative tasks working closely with the manager. I was given projects that allowed the clinic to become fully functioning according to health insurance guidelines to give the patients the best care. Also assisting the clinic with becoming community wide at their full potential with insurance qualifications. Dashboards and financial reports were other projects of importance.
Pros
Working in the medical field allows provisions people being led to healthier lives..
Cons
Few others health was not as easy to relieve.
Great working enviornment, friendly staff system wide
Supervisor MRI Department (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 8, 2015
Hurley Medical Center has been one of the most culturally diverse places of employment I have ever worked for. The people that work here have a sense of pride in the organization and reflect that with the customers they serve.
Good Place to work
Guest Services And Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Marketing DeptJuly 7, 2015
Must find your fit with the organization. The environment is changing in some ways for the good and in other way for the bad. Overall a good place to work.
Wonderful and innovative childcare
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 29, 2015
Group work with the babies after breakfast, then we would highlight an academic theme per week. One on one was provided for those who may have struggles because prepping for elementary was the goal.
Clean and professional
Internship (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 22, 2015
When doing my internship with Hurley, I learned how to pull files, distribute to the correct department and check them in and refile them.
Pros
Close to home and the work environment
Cons
You have to work in house for one year before you are able to work remotely
Good place to work, has good benefits and very flexible
Internship/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 17, 2015
Very great place to work, good management, food here is good, have great polices, coworkers are very friendly and work together like family. There are great opportunities here at Hurley Medical Center
Diverse Setting
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint MIMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed being able to work with all different people from all walks of life. It was a very interesting experience. I was able to meet different people and learn new things day by day
Enjoyable team based work environment
Epic Credentialed Trainer - ClinDoc (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 11, 2015
Team based work environment. A typical day was 8 hours. Flexible and reliable hours. Managers were friendly and accepting. Best part is relaxed environment close to home. Worst part location and middle of the road pay.
Great workplace, great for fostering learning
Physician Scribe - IT Extern (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 28, 2015
Learned about different healthcare professions in a hospital setting. Had the opportunity to shadow countless physicians, physician assistants, nurses, technicians, etc. Learned how to use EPIC in several contexts, not to mention assisting different EPIC teams with administrative issues.
Pros
Healthcare, flexible schedule
Cons
Far from Saginaw
Enjoyable place to work
Radiology Film Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 31, 2015
Family environment. Everyone interacted to get things done, the Radiologist, Technicians, Specials and clerks. I learned great team building skills, office functionality skills and did mind working any shift. Management was very supportive and stern. The most challenging was having patients wait, but we took great care of everyone. I enjoyed my experience!
Pros
always overtime, just great
Cons
technology took my job!!
Excellent, Demanding workplace
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Management of a core of 4 patients with a varying degree of medical needs from critical trauma or in need of immediate intervention, to patients with lesser medical needs from common cold to minor injury. On a busy day you may have up to 20+ patients pass through your core from walk in traffic or by ambulance that need to be evaluated, treated and either discharged, or admitted to assigned hospital floor for appropriate care.
The ER Nurse learns to admit, assess, and decide initial care of patients even before providers first interview by obtaining vital signs, assessing cardiac and respiratory function, determine need for IV insertion and concurrent draw of blood samples. Nurse needs to manage time and effort of core of patients and prioritize with providers according to acuity. Management of ER was excellent and helpful when called upon to advise and mentored nurses in way that helped both patients and employees.
Co-workers were helpful and always there to assist if needed. The most demand aspect of this job was time management that can overwhelm you depending on the demand for care on any given day. For example, if you have a stable core of patients where care is under control time management is not an issue. But, if you discharge 2 or 3 patients at one time I have experienced situations where I was assigned 2 ambulance/critical patients at one time and another patient with lesser demands but still in need of prompt attention.
The most enjoyable part of my job was receiving compliments from patients and family members that let you know your efforts were appreciated and that
  more... you had a positive effect on your patients in their time of need. Also, completion of new skills brought much satisfaction and added to a sense of competence and professionalism.  less
experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 20, 2014
I enjoy my job, good communication with my co-workers, doctors and patients.
Team base, productive, and educational enviroment.
Volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 10, 2014
Hurley Medical Center is a professional, productive, and educational organization to be apart of.
Pros
education, and management.

Hurley Medical Center Reviews by Location