Hurley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Opportunity to enter into a career.
Mattie Pearson, RN, Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Flint, Genesee County, MichiganMarch 31, 2014
Truly enjoyed working with the patients in all departments. CCU was my favorite department.
Great experience with a high volume, fast paced environment
Physican Biller (Current Employee), Flint, MIMarch 25, 2014
Hurley is a fast paced, high volume hospital with a large billing department. I have been a part of the resubmission team for the past year where I have successfully appealed and resubmitted claims to Medicaid HMO's as well as commercial Health Plus. I enjoy working along side my peers and learning new things on a daily basis.
bad place to be a student
radiation therapist student (Former Employee), Hurley cancer centerFebruary 1, 2014
I was never treated worse as a student I had hope for a car accident so I would have a justifiably reason to miss clinic
Great Intro to Healthcare Engineering
Administrative Co-Op (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 27, 2014
I worked with Hurley Medical Center as a co-op student to complete the cooperative education requirements of my undergraduate degree at Kettering University. I was exposed to an excellent environment that allowed me to work on various projects throughout the hospital.
60 hour internship
Internship (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 5, 2013
Pros: they were all nice.
Cons: hospitals are huge.
Although I did this only for a short period it taught me that older adults are no different then young adults. They all complain and talk about each other behind their backs. They fall asleep in the lunch room and take long unnecessary breaks.

I enjoyed all the different things I was able to do. I don't mind doing the same thing over and over but time goes by so much quicker when you are learning something new everyday and expected to accomplish different areas in that working environment.
Nice place to work
Intermediate Clerk (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 20, 2013
Co-workers are ok. The work load is plenty. No full time permanent work available. :-(
Very Negative place to work, but great doctors and advancement in medical care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Flint, MiOctober 17, 2013
The hospital itself offers great care to under and uninsured patients. The hospital staff is very negative and unhappy it seems.
Loved working with some of the people
Public Safety (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 8, 2013
Pros: the supervisor was a nice person
Cons: no steady work shift
I enjoyed working with a lot of the people but there was no staedy work shift.a typical work day was fun and went by fast. I learned how to be more cautious with my surroundings.
Great working environment
Externship (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 1, 2013
This is where I did my externship. The people there were very helpful and supportive during my semester that I was there. I learned a lot from them and they answered all my questions.
Great people to work with
Epic ADT/Prelude Certified Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 18, 2013
Smaller hospital with limited resources but great employees
externship
Externship (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 2, 2013
I learned a lot working here. The environment was friendly and I was able to ask questions whenever I needed to.
Laboratory Clerk (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 1, 2013
Pros: fun activities within the department
Cons: no chance of promotion
I work in the Lab so it is very busy but a cool department to work in.
Management team and the co-worker have great comunication.
Excellent Experiences
Licensed Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 2, 2013
The work environment is faced paced, dynamic and full of opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Organization could be nice place to work but need to focus on diversity.
Assistant Patient Representative (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 13, 2013
Enjoyed most of my nineteen years there. Most co-workers are enjoyable to work with. Only concern was the managerial and leadership aspect of the company. Compay is not as diversed as it should be.
Great Level 1 Trauma Center with only PA's. (no residents)
Trauma/Surgical PA (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: having the opportunity to manage very injured or sick patients.
Cons: managing very injured or sick patients means they don't all live.
Flint, MI - usually in the top 5 for # of murders. Hurley is the only level 1 in the region. I worked most of the time managing patients in the Neuro/Trauma ICU, Burn ICU, and some PICU. Day shift required making treatment plans for the patient for the day, vent management, and rounding w/ the attending surgeon. Nights required toubleshooting of all surgical/trauma patients in entire hospital, and backup to PA covering ER. Part of the time I covered the ER for all consults and trauma's, as well as 1st assisted on trauma OR cases.
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 3, 2013
Working with psych patients has its ups and downs but I live what I do and everything I get to learn and experience!
The Most Enjoyable Job That I Have Ever Had
Certified Child Life Specialist (Current Employee), Flint, MIDecember 14, 2012
Pros: best co-workers an employee could ask for!!!
Cons: confines of the hospital budget and fear of budget cuts.
Because of the nature of my work, my job is emotionally draining at times. It is also the most rewarding work that I have ever done. I see suffering and I see miracles on a daily basis. I go home feeling as though I made a difference in someone's life every day.
Could do amazing things at low cost
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 29, 2012
Pros: experiences
Cons: some upper management was unprofessional
Large trauma hospital, that allowed a person to grow in their experience.
Level 1 trauma center in Flint, MI
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 26, 2012
Pros: ideal work enviroment that helps inhance productivity.
Hurley Medical center is the only level 1 trauma center in Genesse county Michigan. Being so, I have the privilage of a very dynamic patient population in regards to the different MRI studies I perform in a day. Hurley is know for treating their employees very well in all regards. The work enviroment is ideal for promoting productivity. Managment of the Radiology Department is fair and always is there to help when needed for any reason. I currently work sixteen hour days on Saturday and Sunday then eight hours on Monday and love it! On the weekend I work alone interviewing, setting up then scanning patient's all while taking care of the required paper work and computer documentation.
Work Satifaction
Supervisor, Intermediate Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 1, 2012
Hurley is a Great pleace to work! Very good hospital, would recommend to anyone. Benefirts are great.