Hurley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Hurley Medical Center.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 17, 2017
patient care:carried out dr's orders, gave medication, started IV's, baths, did changing of dressings, wound care, etc.. all people deserve good health care. providing a caring environment helps people heal faster. its good for physical and mental health. management: responsible for supervision of other nurses, nurse aids, unit clerks. leadership. made patient assignments for staff responsible for the day to day management of floor continuity. pleasant place to work with good co-worker cooperation and working together to give good patient care. long hours on feet, lifting patients and turning them. helping others to regain their health and care for them in the process brings satisfaction to the care giver.
Pros
benefits ok
Cons
as an employee don't get sick
Helping others to achieve optimal quality of life despite circumstances for admission, is incredibly rewarding.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 4, 2017
In my opinion, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a health care plan work. Seeing patients actually get better makes all the hard stuff worth it. Often times when caring for a critically ill patient, prognosis is poor. Assisting in promotion of wellness and quality of life is very rewarding.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
can be difficult to get breaks
Hurley was a nice place to work, I learned a lot about the medical field, and enjoyed working at the hospital.
Senior Biller (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Required to work 40 hours per week.

Every few years management would change and you would have to adjust to their rules and regulations

My coworkers had different personalities but got to know them and we all became a team and my work family

The hardest part of the job was working with the medical insurance on difficult claims and getting them paid.

When reaching a specific goal there would be a celebration. and acknowledgment of certain team members.
Pros
flexible schedule, 8 hour day 5 days a week or 10 hour day 4 days a week
Cons
no privacy in hour office. sometime disrupted when talking to customer on phone
Great Care by Physicians
HEALTH INFO SUPERVISOR/TRANSCRIPT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 26, 2016
A typical day at work keeps employees very busy. I learned how to interact with many different departments to get positive results to problems that arose. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what I did helped physicians treat their patients and help keep patients medical records complete.
Information Technology Director (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 18, 2016
Many growth opportunities for advancement for those at the beginning to middle of their career. The people are the best part of the overall working environment. Co-workers all seem to be dedicated to the mission of the company.
Pros
Good benefits, local
Cons
Salary not always competitive
Offered many diverse services, highly skilled staff and superior care
Renal Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 16, 2016
On any day at Hurley Medical Center a myriad of healthcare problems can be presented. An enjoyable place to work. I learned a lot about the reactions of patients when ill and how to help them recover or face the transition. My co-workers and as an nurse manager my staff was enthusiastic about their jobs. The hardest part of the job was not having enough resources at time to deliver quality healthcare. The most enjoyable part of the job was people were usually restored to good health and able to rejoin their families.
Pros
A cohesive staff
Cons
slow advancement into the technological era
Horrible management of the kitchen. Bad SUPERVISORS
None (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 12, 2016
The management in this Department is Horrible. The rest of the hospital is great. But the supervisors in the kitchen is what makes the Hurley nutrition services bad. They steal and set up workers to fail. They insult you and make you want to quit.. So sad.
Awesome Experience
Medical Social Work Intern, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 25, 2016
Interning at Hurley was great. The Emergency Department is fast paced. It was a great learning experience being around doctors, nurses and other practitioners. No two days were the same. Working with such a diverse population of patients was a huge plus.
Pros
Top level training
Cons
Internships do not pay.
Hurley
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 22, 2015
Very good at providing excellent patient care with managing there available resources. Good team work and atmosphere.
Great Place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 16, 2015
The staff were friendly and helpful I learned a lot of things about billing while working for this company. Not only did I learn the in and outs of billing but the do's and don'ts of billing.
Pros
training
Cons
job assignment didn't last long enough
Caring loving work place
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 8, 2015
Great Place to work, and learn skills in every area. Hurley Medical Center gets all kinds of people with many different situations. I enjoy saving lives, and making people feel better about life changes.
Pros
Positive and highly skill place
Cons
Very busy
Typical shift work with mandated overtime too often
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 6, 2015
The work environment was as fun as we could make. The work was sometimes overwhelming, but we worked together on 3rd shift and helped each other out. Routine hospital work.
Pros
Good rapport among the nurses
Cons
Long hours, lots of paperwork, and expected to stay on 3rd shift for about 10 years
Dietetic Internship at Hurley Medical Center consisted of 40 hours a week for a total of 36 weeks. The emphasis within this internship was clinical.
Level I Trauma/ Hurley Dietetic Internship (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 25, 2015
Learned and experienced public health, community health, food service and clinical rotations to aide in my future of a Registered Dietitian.
Hurley provided much hands on experience and gave me the knowledge to succeed.
Pros
Food was provided by Sodexo
Cons
Unpaid internship
Best place to Work and gain experience
Environmental Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 22, 2015
Hurley has al ot to offer when it comes to their employees. They make you feel like your at home and we're all family. Hurley's #1 priority is making sure we exceed patient's expectations from care to cleanliness of the hospital environment.
A productive medical enviorment where patients health was treated and alleviated
Outpatient Clinic Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 26, 2015
Patients had appointments to see resident doctors their pain was treated with knowledge and experience, their pain was treated alleviated. There were disruptive patients, occasionally, they were treated fairly and their frustration was alleviated, as well. Those were patients that were mainly confused or did not understand their care as others mat have. The clinic was resident based the resident stayed three years and than graduated. I learned many administrative tasks working closely with the manager. I was given projects that allowed the clinic to become fully functioning according to health insurance guidelines to give the patients the best care. Also assisting the clinic with becoming community wide at their full potential with insurance qualifications. Dashboards and financial reports were other projects of importance.
Pros
Working in the medical field allows provisions people being led to healthier lives..
Cons
Few others health was not as easy to relieve.
Great working enviornment, friendly staff system wide
Supervisor MRI Department (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 8, 2015
Hurley Medical Center has been one of the most culturally diverse places of employment I have ever worked for. The people that work here have a sense of pride in the organization and reflect that with the customers they serve.
Good Place to work
Guest Services And Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Marketing DeptJuly 7, 2015
Must find your fit with the organization. The environment is changing in some ways for the good and in other way for the bad. Overall a good place to work.
Wonderful and innovative childcare
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 29, 2015
Group work with the babies after breakfast, then we would highlight an academic theme per week. One on one was provided for those who may have struggles because prepping for elementary was the goal.
Clean and professional
Internship (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 22, 2015
When doing my internship with Hurley, I learned how to pull files, distribute to the correct department and check them in and refile them.
Pros
Close to home and the work environment
Cons
You have to work in house for one year before you are able to work remotely
Good place to work, has good benefits and very flexible
Internship/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 17, 2015
Very great place to work, good management, food here is good, have great polices, coworkers are very friendly and work together like family. There are great opportunities here at Hurley Medical Center