Hurley Medical Center

Hurley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Intermediate Clerk (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 20, 2013
Co-workers are ok. The work load is plenty. No full time permanent work available. :-(
Very Negative place to work, but great doctors and advancement in medical care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Flint, MiOctober 17, 2013
The hospital itself offers great care to under and uninsured patients. The hospital staff is very negative and unhappy it seems.
Loved working with some of the people
Public Safety (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 8, 2013
Pros: the supervisor was a nice person
Cons: no steady work shift
I enjoyed working with a lot of the people but there was no staedy work shift.a typical work day was fun and went by fast. I learned how to be more cautious with my surroundings.
Great working environment
Externship (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 1, 2013
This is where I did my externship. The people there were very helpful and supportive during my semester that I was there. I learned a lot from them and they answered all my questions.
Great people to work with
Epic ADT/Prelude Certified Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 18, 2013
Smaller hospital with limited resources but great employees
externship
Externship (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 2, 2013
I learned a lot working here. The environment was friendly and I was able to ask questions whenever I needed to.
Laboratory Clerk (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 1, 2013
Pros: fun activities within the department
Cons: no chance of promotion
I work in the Lab so it is very busy but a cool department to work in.
Management team and the co-worker have great comunication.
Excellent Experiences
Licensed Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 2, 2013
The work environment is faced paced, dynamic and full of opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Organization could be nice place to work but need to focus on diversity.
Assistant Patient Representative (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 13, 2013
Enjoyed most of my nineteen years there. Most co-workers are enjoyable to work with. Only concern was the managerial and leadership aspect of the company. Compay is not as diversed as it should be.
Great Level 1 Trauma Center with only PA's. (no residents)
Trauma/Surgical PA (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: having the opportunity to manage very injured or sick patients.
Cons: managing very injured or sick patients means they don't all live.
Flint, MI - usually in the top 5 for # of murders. Hurley is the only level 1 in the region. I worked most of the time managing patients in the Neuro/Trauma ICU, Burn ICU, and some PICU. Day shift required making treatment plans for the patient for the day, vent management, and rounding w/ the attending surgeon. Nights required toubleshooting of all surgical/trauma patients in entire hospital, and backup to PA covering ER. Part of the time I covered the ER for all consults and trauma's, as well as 1st assisted on trauma OR cases.
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 3, 2013
Working with psych patients has its ups and downs but I live what I do and everything I get to learn and experience!
The Most Enjoyable Job That I Have Ever Had
Certified Child Life Specialist (Current Employee), Flint, MIDecember 14, 2012
Pros: best co-workers an employee could ask for!!!
Cons: confines of the hospital budget and fear of budget cuts.
Because of the nature of my work, my job is emotionally draining at times. It is also the most rewarding work that I have ever done. I see suffering and I see miracles on a daily basis. I go home feeling as though I made a difference in someone's life every day.
Could do amazing things at low cost
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 29, 2012
Pros: experiences
Cons: some upper management was unprofessional
Large trauma hospital, that allowed a person to grow in their experience.
Level 1 trauma center in Flint, MI
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 26, 2012
Pros: ideal work enviroment that helps inhance productivity.
Hurley Medical center is the only level 1 trauma center in Genesse county Michigan. Being so, I have the privilage of a very dynamic patient population in regards to the different MRI studies I perform in a day. Hurley is know for treating their employees very well in all regards. The work enviroment is ideal for promoting productivity. Managment of the Radiology Department is fair and always is there to help when needed for any reason. I currently work sixteen hour days on Saturday and Sunday then eight hours on Monday and love it! On the weekend I work alone interviewing, setting up then scanning patient's all while taking care of the required paper work and computer documentation.
Work Satifaction
Supervisor, Intermediate Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 1, 2012
Hurley is a Great pleace to work! Very good hospital, would recommend to anyone. Benefirts are great.
Hurley Medical Center
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Flint, MIOctober 24, 2012
Pros: experience in level one trauma
Cons: poor therapy/ rehab management
Management lost vitality. raises on hold. public health facility so reduced benefits this year. shrinking rehab unit.
This was a temporary position but I enjoyed myself and my coworkers.
Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Flint, MIOctober 8, 2012
This was a great place to work. I enjoyed the co workers and the atmosphere.
This company is overall productive
Certified Health Unit Coordinator NICU/PCU (Current Employee), Flint, MISeptember 6, 2012
Pros: work schedule
Cons: high lunches
The hardest part of the job is watching people seeing their love one's in the hospital.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Flint, MISeptember 5, 2012
Interesting opportunities for learning. Culturally diverse and excellent coworkers and management.
A rewarding experience that I will miss.
Registered Nurse in the NICU (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 1, 2012
I worked all shifts but enjoyed 7am-7pm the best. I was comfortable witb ang assignment and also volunteered to be Charge Nurse frequently. My co workeds were amazing and we always worked as a team to provide the best care possible for our tiny ones. The hardest part of the job was caring for micro preemies on their first day of birth, however, this became easier after caring for them consistently and determining each of fheir inxividual needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job was watching these babies grow and eventually go home. It was easy for me to love these ba ies and to form trusting relationships with their parents because most of them were there every day. Education was vital and I did my best to educate parents on their babies condition and to help them get through difficult and /or unexpected times.

About Hurley Medical Center

A community hospital owned by the City of Flint, Hurley Medical Center is a teaching hospital serving Genesee, Lapeer, and Shiawassee – Read more