Hurley Employee Reviews

Great first job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Loved coming into work everyday, great work atmosphere.
Great management team to begin with, then kind of fell off towards the end of my employment.
Easy job to learn, especially for a first job.
Fun environment, however limited room for upward movement within the company.
Management (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 12, 2017
Great workplace but it comes with a glass ceiling. Upward movement is limited to having someone above you resign. Choices made for those who are moved up are heavily based on subjective opinion as opposed to the work one puts in, their qualifications, and successes shown through hard numbers and financial results. Employees are often led on to thinking they will receive advancement in order to keep them in the company and working to par but in the truth are often seen as expendable. A great place to work for someone in their early 20s looking for a fun, flexible job to segway into a career. Upper managememt, especially the area manager of Texas, is highly deceptive, unprofessional, and condescending to the employees under her.
Pros
Fun environment, flexible scheduling
Cons
Limited room for growth, under qualified/competent upper management
Was the best place to work for! I loved it.
Inpatient and ER Coder (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 12, 2016
Unfortunately I was terminated from Hurley but I still believe it to be the best place I have ever worked for. The pay was good, the benefits were awesome, my peers were excellent to work with. Management in the beginning was fair and I loved that. Now management have there favorites and I guess I wasn't one of them!
Pros
PTO, 401, benefits, schedule
Cons
No equality, union doesn't do much
Fun and exciting to work at
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day consisted of interactions with customers and helping them out with their wants and needs. I learned how different culture want different things.
Great Experience
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MDMay 19, 2016
Everyone was hardworking and Friendly. I learned a lot about the different tools to clean the boilers. How to install panels.
challenging yet rewarding
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 16, 2016
manage cash, general ledger and financials
I learned a lot about the medical field.
I enjoy going to work everyday. Everyday is a the same but yet different. My coworkers are wonderful and the hardest part of my day is just trying to leave.
great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2016
hurley is an awesome place to work. Very laid back and very diverse company.All the people that i work with are very respectful really cool people we get along like a family. I've learned to be patient with the customers because they do not speak any english whatsoever. We have fun with them because all the tourists are super friendly. The hardest part of the job would have to be the short hours that they give on a work day. Management is very good. I would recommend people to work there.
Very flexible, but lacked growth
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton WASeptember 21, 2015
Loved the flexibility I had to make my own schedule and work independently, but the management lacked knowledge that would lead to individual and company growth.
laid back, young team members & management. Easy Work.
team member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
Service Center (not retail store) - Operating hours vary with start times between 4am & 8am. Closing times between 1pm & 7pm. All team members are part time. No full time positions. Company is still learning and growing. Lots of changes all the time. Flexible work schedules with in operating hours. Typical day consists of Pricing, Hanging, Tagging merchandise...Pick, pull, and back stocking product all day.
Productive and fast pace work area
Runner/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 5, 2015
Working here has allowed me to see the in and out of criminal defense. Hardest part of the job is when big cases come around and you are running around trying to fill needs to make the attorneys life easier.
executive assistant
Office Manager, Event Planner & Marketing (Current Employee) –  seattle, WAFebruary 15, 2015
fun. solid company with flexibility to work at home. great benefits. good pay. worked with a fun team of people. pay is low but work life is good.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
Only girl treated very unfairly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work was the same, very slow & boring. They were so worried about having a decent conversion rather than anything else. They hassled us to be overly friendly with the customers even after a customer would tell us "oh, no i dont need any help. im just looking.", in all honesty who really wants someone in their face 24/7 while shopping asking them over & over if they "need help". The hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers talking to you like you're a little kid, telling you how to do something. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers, they were in my age group (20-23) & understood my pain lol.
Ever changing, challenging, competitive, and team work.
Grassroots Event Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 23, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day at Hurley in the marketing department. There is always something different to be done and a different time period it needs to be done in. Priorities and a necessity for a successful employee. The management team is second to none and always push everyone to be the best they can be and better. My co-workers are always willing to lend a helping hand, as am I, when a "fire drill" comes up and something needs to have happened yesterday. The hardest part of the job is getting pulled in so many different directions, not only do I plan events but I also work with sports marketing and the surf team managers, the social media team, and the photo shoot team as a model. The most enjoyable part, for me is the opportunity to travel and work from different locals around the world.
Pros
Benefits, health care, culture, my co-workers, traveling, ability to participate in extracurricular hobbies during work
Cons
the lack of communication between the executives and the marketing team, the ever changing working environment
Creative Brand emersed deep into the surf culture and heritage
Strategic Account Executive Sales (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 31, 2014
Great brand. High quality product. Fast paced environment.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 21, 2014
I've worked with Hurley twice now, and both times I loved the culture of the brand and the way I felt a part of a real team.
Pros
Relaxed and fun environment. Great culture and great corporate structure
Cons
N/A
Great Place to Experience a Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CaMay 20, 2014
My responsibilities while working as a sales associate at Hurley ranged from customer service, the ability to work within a team oriented aspect, and the ability to work in a highly fast paced environment. Management here is amazing. They do their best to teach you just about everything they know, so that you can become an expert upon the products you are trying to sell. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to experience Hurley as a culture, and the least enjoyable part was the lack of the ability to get promoted quickly because the ranks within the store are pretty much set.
Pros
Living within a culture
Cons
Lack of promotions
fun work enviroment
sales (Former Employee) –  ellenton ,floridaApril 1, 2014
it was fun I enjoyed all my customers as well as the other hurley staff
Pros
great people
Awesome Company! BUT..
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2014
I love working here. The people are friendly, including those people that visit the store from corporate! The only thing is that management is not all that great. The manager favors, there are NO advancements whatsoever, unless someone that has a higher position quits.

You are not recognized if you perform good, employee on the month is based off of voting by the team members, who hardly even see each other. Works hours are terrible.

However, the company is very flexible with school schedules. Co-workers are really nice.
Pros
Bonuses if you perform on quota, fun people, nice work environment.
Cons
Short breaks, no advancements.
productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMay 29, 2013
Great people to work with. Business is really slow during the week. Parking during the holidays is crazy.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
healthcare, parking
Great people to work with and enjoyable environment
Technical Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cosa MesaFebruary 19, 2013
Most enjoyable part was working with teammates
I was Free-Lancing for this company. I didn't work there very long.
Pros
outdoor lunches and dogs at work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hurley. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2