Hurley Employee Reviews in United States

great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2016
hurley is an awesome place to work. Very laid back and very diverse company.All the people that i work with are very respectful really cool people we get along like a family. I've learned to be patient with the customers because they do not speak any english whatsoever. We have fun with them because all the tourists are super friendly. The hardest part of the job would have to be the short hours that they give on a work day. Management is very good. I would recommend people to work there.
Very flexible, but lacked growth
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton WASeptember 21, 2015
Loved the flexibility I had to make my own schedule and work independently, but the management lacked knowledge that would lead to individual and company growth.
laid back, young team members & management. Easy Work.
team member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
Service Center (not retail store) - Operating hours vary with start times between 4am & 8am. Closing times between 1pm & 7pm. All team members are part time. No full time positions. Company is still learning and growing. Lots of changes all the time. Flexible work schedules with in operating hours. Typical day consists of Pricing, Hanging, Tagging merchandise...Pick, pull, and back stocking product all day.
Productive and fast pace work area
Runner/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 5, 2015
Working here has allowed me to see the in and out of criminal defense. Hardest part of the job is when big cases come around and you are running around trying to fill needs to make the attorneys life easier.
executive assistant
Office Manager, Event Planner & Marketing (Current Employee) –  seattle, WAFebruary 15, 2015
fun. solid company with flexibility to work at home. great benefits. good pay. worked with a fun team of people. pay is low but work life is good.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
Only girl treated very unfairly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work was the same, very slow & boring. They were so worried about having a decent conversion rather than anything else. They hassled us to be overly friendly with the customers even after a customer would tell us "oh, no i dont need any help. im just looking.", in all honesty who really wants someone in their face 24/7 while shopping asking them over & over if they "need help". The hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers talking to you like you're a little kid, telling you how to do something. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers, they were in my age group (20-23) & understood my pain lol.
Ever changing, challenging, competitive, and team work.
Grassroots Event Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 23, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day at Hurley in the marketing department. There is always something different to be done and a different time period it needs to be done in. Priorities and a necessity for a successful employee. The management team is second to none and always push everyone to be the best they can be and better. My co-workers are always willing to lend a helping hand, as am I, when a "fire drill" comes up and something needs to have happened yesterday. The hardest part of the job is getting pulled in so many different directions, not only do I plan events but I also work with sports marketing and the surf team managers, the social media team, and the photo shoot team as a model. The most enjoyable part, for me is the opportunity to travel and work from different locals around the world.
Pros
benefits, health care, culture, my co-workers, traveling, ability to participate in extracurricular hobbies during work
Cons
the lack of communication between the executives and the marketing team, the ever changing working environment
Creative Brand emersed deep into the surf culture and heritage
Strategic Account Executive Sales (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 31, 2014
Great brand. High quality product. Fast paced environment.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 21, 2014
I've worked with Hurley twice now, and both times I loved the culture of the brand and the way I felt a part of a real team.
Pros
relaxed and fun environment. great culture and great corporate structure
Cons
n/a
Great Place to Experience a Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CaMay 20, 2014
My responsibilities while working as a sales associate at Hurley ranged from customer service, the ability to work within a team oriented aspect, and the ability to work in a highly fast paced environment. Management here is amazing. They do their best to teach you just about everything they know, so that you can become an expert upon the products you are trying to sell. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to experience Hurley as a culture, and the least enjoyable part was the lack of the ability to get promoted quickly because the ranks within the store are pretty much set.
Pros
living within a culture
Cons
lack of promotions
fun work enviroment
sales (Former Employee) –  ellenton ,floridaApril 1, 2014
it was fun I enjoyed all my customers as well as the other hurley staff
Pros
great people
Awesome Company! BUT..
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2014
I love working here. The people are friendly, including those people that visit the store from corporate! The only thing is that management is not all that great. The manager favors, there are NO advancements whatsoever, unless someone that has a higher position quits.

You are not recognized if you perform good, employee on the month is based off of voting by the team members, who hardly even see each other. Works hours are terrible.

However, the company is very flexible with school schedules. Co-workers are really nice.
Pros
bonuses if you perform on quota, fun people, nice work environment.
Cons
short breaks, no advancements.
productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMay 29, 2013
Great people to work with. Business is really slow during the week. Parking during the holidays is crazy.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
healthcare, parking
Great people to work with and enjoyable environment
Technical Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cosa MesaFebruary 19, 2013
Most enjoyable part was working with teammates
I was Free-Lancing for this company. I didn't work there very long.
Pros
outdoor lunches and dogs at work
Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJanuary 19, 2013
Working for Hurley is challenging. We're a small growing company, so everyone has to put in there part to make the brand and provide the best customer service. Management is understanding and there lots of room to grow. My co-workers are fun, outgoing and hardworking. The hardest part of the job would be working with angry customer but I always go out of my way to provide them with an awesome shopping experience. I enjoy working at Hurley because I have a passion for this brand, i enjoy working with my workers, and I
Pros
room for growth
Cons
low amount of work hours
Nice pay check.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 27, 2012
At the end of the day it was a nice job. And the pay was even better.
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
nothing at all.
It's a fun yet unrefined work place.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2012
Come in to work read emails and review sales goals work with staff to go over goal and what I expect from them then fill floor make sure customers are well taken care of and clean then fill out nightly paper work and clean go home...
Pros
promo cards
Cons
no room to move up hostile work environment and no leadership