Hurley Employee Reviews

Really awesome people and a really good company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 20, 2017
The management is really amazing. The store manager really cares about her employees which is something you don’t always find in retail. I really enjoyed going to work it was something I actually looked forward to.
Pros
Happy work environment, lovely people, a solid company that cares about their employees
Awesome
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLNovember 14, 2017
The (current) Store Manager is absolutely incredible. It is rare to work for a boss that CARES! Great staff, and great benefits overall! I appreciate Nike's drive to always push for great customer service and products.
what can be learned from Hurley
Key Holder (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90040October 20, 2017
Of course there are opportunities, but the lack of management guidelines is a major flaw. The in house politics were horrific. no matter how hard you try, how much extra hours you put in, even if you voluntarily work on a day off, efforts seem to be unnoticed. Unless! you're liked by a superior. There were rare occasions where the right staff and management were in house and the day would be great, would make you want to work and be there all day. combination of fun, work, and business.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent scheduling, health care
Great job
Event Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 14, 2017
wish it lasted longer, but its a great gig . every aspect of working here is a supercharged version of normal work. lots of people, lots of product. must be diligent
Pros
great hours, nice workers, cool location
Cons
not always having the correct money
Fun environment
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 12, 2017
I worked there as a helping hand for two summers during events and assisted in art shows. The people there are very laid back and it's a chill environment. Everyone there is into surfing and music so if that's your scene then it's a cool place to work.
Relaxed and great
Sales Lead (assistant manager) (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 11, 2017
Loved working here. Had to leave to focus on school and a full time position wasn't allowing me the time. The staff was great, really like a family. Discounts were amazing and the work was constant but doable. Very fair place to work.
Fun work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2017
The job itself was relatively easy. Some of the managers weren't very professional. I enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and most of the people that I got to work with.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Unprofessional management
Very fast past and demanding part job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 8, 2017
Working at Hurley as really taught me how to make the best sales and connect with customers to provide long lasting relationships. Also being the number one store at citadel puts pressure because everyone is always watching
Pros
nike owned company
Cons
too many expectations
Retail
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 1, 2017
Amazing place to work at they helped me over come how i people shy i was and made my job a lot more fun. a typical day consisted of organizing clothes and making sure we took care of our customers at all times. Management was awesome they were very understanding and always there for the employees at anytime.
Nike subsidized retail store, Fun and energetic surfing environment.
FULL TIME SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 7, 2017
Hurley is a fantastic company to work for. There is a lot of opportunity for job advancement. A typical day at Hurley for me involved handling shipping and receiving, supervising shifts, cash counting, and sales. The management is outstanding. They do a great job at making sure the job is efficient and entertaining. I learned a lot about people and how to approach them. The hardest part of the job was recovering the store after a rush. I loved speaking to foreigners all day.
Pros
Job advancement, benefits, wage, environment.
Fun and Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLJanuary 30, 2017
My time at Hurley was fun and a great learning experience. While the work could be quite mundane sometimes (as all retail stores can be) the people that worked there were fun and the customers were pleasant.
Great first job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Loved coming into work everyday, great work atmosphere.
Great management team to begin with, then kind of fell off towards the end of my employment.
Easy job to learn, especially for a first job.
Fun environment, however limited room for upward movement within the company.
Management (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 12, 2017
Great workplace but it comes with a glass ceiling. Upward movement is limited to having someone above you resign. Choices made for those who are moved up are heavily based on subjective opinion as opposed to the work one puts in, their qualifications, and successes shown through hard numbers and financial results. Employees are often led on to thinking they will receive advancement in order to keep them in the company and working to par but in the truth are often seen as expendable. A great place to work for someone in their early 20s looking for a fun, flexible job to segway into a career. Upper managememt, especially the area manager of Texas, is highly deceptive, unprofessional, and condescending to the employees under her.
Pros
Fun environment, flexible scheduling
Cons
Limited room for growth, under qualified/competent upper management
Was the best place to work for! I loved it.
Inpatient and ER Coder (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 12, 2016
Unfortunately I was terminated from Hurley but I still believe it to be the best place I have ever worked for. The pay was good, the benefits were awesome, my peers were excellent to work with. Management in the beginning was fair and I loved that. Now management have there favorites and I guess I wasn't one of them!
Pros
Pto, 401, benefits, schedule
Cons
No equality, union doesn't do much
Fun and exciting to work at
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day consisted of interactions with customers and helping them out with their wants and needs. I learned how different culture want different things.
Great Experience
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MDMay 19, 2016
Everyone was hardworking and Friendly. I learned a lot about the different tools to clean the boilers. How to install panels.
challenging yet rewarding
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 16, 2016
manage cash, general ledger and financials
I learned a lot about the medical field.
I enjoy going to work everyday. Everyday is a the same but yet different. My coworkers are wonderful and the hardest part of my day is just trying to leave.
great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2016
hurley is an awesome place to work. Very laid back and very diverse company.All the people that i work with are very respectful really cool people we get along like a family. I've learned to be patient with the customers because they do not speak any english whatsoever. We have fun with them because all the tourists are super friendly. The hardest part of the job would have to be the short hours that they give on a work day. Management is very good. I would recommend people to work there.
Very flexible, but lacked growth
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton WASeptember 21, 2015
Loved the flexibility I had to make my own schedule and work independently, but the management lacked knowledge that would lead to individual and company growth.
laid back, young team members & management. Easy Work.
team member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
Service Center (not retail store) - Operating hours vary with start times between 4am & 8am. Closing times between 1pm & 7pm. All team members are part time. No full time positions. Company is still learning and growing. Lots of changes all the time. Flexible work schedules with in operating hours. Typical day consists of Pricing, Hanging, Tagging merchandise...Pick, pull, and back stocking product all day.