Huron Consulting Group Employee Reviews

A dying firm plagued by lack of strategy
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
A once excellent, well-respected firm is on the ropes for survival. The firm is plagued by a crisis of leadership, and disparate practices that have been cobbled together mostly via acquisition that don't play nice with one another.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Lack of marketing, in-fighting, leadership / strategy crisis
Good firm to work for
Analyst, Higher-Education Practice (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
Great firm to work for in terms of culture, friendly co-workers and plenty of perks. Not always great about providing new learning opportunities, few chances to branch out into new fields of work.
Good career start but low pay
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 4, 2017
A good place to start your career. The work is interesting and complex at the beginning, but can become tedious over time. The pay is low for a software engineer, but the other benefits are good. The culture is very comfortable, but the company does not provide much room for advancement.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Low pay, No advancement
Great People to work with
Manager, Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2017
Even though it is a competitive environment, there was a great deal of working together to acheive stated goals. Very extensive level of training is provided to employees
Pros
Travel
Cons
Late working hours
Great people
Manager, Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
Love the people. Many organizational changes over the years have made it a somewhat stressful cultural environment depending on the area/team where you work.
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits
Cons
Frequent travel required with most roles
The Final Days
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed the company, except for the last 6 months. My Managing Director was horrible to work for, and made life unbearable. Most of my time was spent on the road, and I loved all of the different projects. This said manager had no direction, could not get clients, and had no drive.
Pros
Different Projects
Cons
Horrible Managing Director
Great Company
INTERN - REPORTING AND ANALYTICS (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 4, 2017
Huron is a great company that employs the best people. The culture at Huron is very positive and upbeat. If you have the chance, I would recommend applying to Huron.
Job Security
OBIEE Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2017
No Job Security not enough projects. The company has too many people on the bench and training is not enough to write home about. I wish they has better training programs for career improvements.
Busy, good mix of assignments, mix of qualified people
Manager, Healthcare, Workforce (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Busy, good mix of assignments, mix of qualified people - workday consisted of data analysis, interviews, assessment, teaching, meetings with executives, discussion with team members, planning for work week, etc.
Pros
large and small projects, mix of project types
Cons
management with poor skill level, young staff with more responsibility than knowledge
Terrible management and company culture, strong benefits
Analyst - Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 31, 2017
- Weak management
- Team was not collaborative
- Company culture was terrible
- salary was acceptable
- 100% travel
- Learned how to adjust to a political organization
Ugly Company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 21, 2017
Pathetic management that has no idea of what they are doing. No practical experience at all.

Just political bsing the client. Stringing client along and then looking to hire independents as scapegoats.

Very ugly company, no good at anything...
Pretty good environment
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 13, 2017
I was part of a group that was acquired by Huron so the transition was a little rocky and they didn't seem to really know what upper management had acquired. The people were great.
Non strategic operating company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2017
Huron has failed to integrate its disparate business acquisitions and has a mix of cultures and standards that make it difficult to articulate a clear point of view and brand in the industries in serves.
Great Work Life Balance - Poor Transparency and Management at times
Senior HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
Huron Consulting has a great workplace culture with great work-life balance. There seems to be a lack of communication from one department to the next many times. Management can be more transparent especially when there is potential for huge changes in structure and job security.
Pros
Great PTO setup
Cons
Lots of Work Reductions
Worked with great people.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
Worked with great people, lots to learn since industry changes quickly. Many projects in the works at any given time. Work week was usually 50+ hours. Company culture changed in last couple of years for the worst.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Leadership
Excellent entreprenerual company that I was fortunate to work with.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2017
Great place to work..very fine people. I still have a lot of friends from there and I helped them secure my previous employer..Fannie Mae as a client.
Pros
Free lunches, hotel points, free travel, $45.00 per day per diem, free computer
Cons
Job security
Perfect place to work
Litigation Support - Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
First off, I've worked for this company for about 9 years. The company went through many changes and restructuring. They have three consulting divisions in Finance, Higher Education, and Legal. The company culture had been superb in the past, as I get to work from home for 4 years straight, lots of team happy hours paid by the company, lots of social events, and holiday parties. In my first 4 years working there, I get these "Spot awards" (I think $500 visa card) for going above and beyond in my work. After 4 years, things started to crumble. No more spot awards, managed was changed, everything get cut back, no happy hours or events (maybe once or twice a year). Yeah, this company culture wasn't at its best like how it was in the past. I believe things were a lot better with the former CEO. The new CEO just changed the entire company culture. Now, I think the company only has Higher Education division, so I am not sure what the company is like now.
Benefits
Cons
management
Too many chiefs and not enough indians
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
My experience with Huron is very limited since they purchased HSM, but my experience with Huron for the short time is unfortunately stressful and sitting on pins and needles.
Pros
Nothing I can say
Cons
Very stressful
Huron Review
Healthcare Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2017
Huron has a great company culture; their employees are intelligent, hard-working, and caring. However, their healthcare practice has not been doing well, causing layoffs and delayed start dates for new hires just out of college.
Pros
Great benefits, no PTO restrictions, great people
Quick-paced and exciting work
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
I worked 8 hours/day from home, which came with its own set of advantages and disadvantages: the pros included flexible work environment and no commute, but I missed personal connections and relationships built by a shared office space.
Pros
Flexible location and PTO
Cons
Remote work at home, so no office culture