Huron Regional Medical Center provides state-of-the-art health care with a caring, compassionate touch to residents in Huron and seven surrounding counties in the region. Our knowledgeable employees and medical staff deliver care with the ultimate goal of exceeding each and every patient's expectations.
Originally built in 1947, St. John's Medical Center which was owned and managed by the Franciscan Sisters was the beginning of Huron Regional Medical Center.
1978: St. John's Medical Center was purchased by a broad-based, not for profit community corporation, Huron Regional Medical Center Inc. The new entity, HRMC, is governed by a board of directors. The volunteer board consists of three medical staff representatives, one liaison for the City of Huron and one liaison for the Beadle County Commission. Other board members are elected at large.
1983: Huron Regional Medical Center expands from the main building east with a single story which includes the emergency room, surgery and intensive care.
1995: Huron Regional Medical Center expands north from the addition which includes rehabilitation services, business office, admitting and adds a second and third floor to include the main patient, OB and intensive care units.
2003: Huron Regional Medical Center expands the size of the emergency room and outpatient treatment services and imaging center. This expansion includes a new stationary MRI.
2008: Huron Regional Medical Center expands the third floor of the hospital to include10 maternity suites.
2014: Huron Regional Medical Center opens the HRMC Physicians Clinic, which can house up to 10 physicians.
Currently, HRMC is designated as a 25-bed critical access hospital by the federal government. As a nonprofit, private corporation, profits are reinvested directly into the hospital for such items as new or updated equipment and expanded programs. This allows the medical center to grow and advance, providing modern service to the region. – less–ZoomInfo