Huron Valley Schools

Huron Valley Schools Employer Reviews

very nice educational environment
Guest Teacher (Current Employee), Milford, MIOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: disruptive behaviors
Well presented lesson plans, very helpful staff, teaching is the most enjoyable part, disruptive behavior the least enjoyable part.
Typical public school setting. They have 9 different elementary buildings, 3 middle schools, and 2 high schools.
Teacher (Current Employee), White Lake, MIJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day would include announcements, pledge of allegiance, and teaching. Students had lunch and recess every day. Special classes like gym, music, health, etc. were held almost one per day.
Great School District
Assistant Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Highland, MIOctober 15, 2013
Enjoyable place to work.
Great schools
Great Facilities
Great Community
Fun working with the students.
Para-educator (Former Employee), Highland, MIAugust 26, 2013
Pros: part time
I assisted the teachers in the English Department and helped the students in the computer lab.
Worked as a Secrertary/Coordinator for HVS
Secretary/Coordinator (Former Employee), Highland, MIJune 26, 2012
Pros: hugs from grateful teachers and students
Cons: terrible hours at the end
I worked in several different capacities within the HVS system. As a secretary in an elementary school I was able to update their office with current computers (a gift of the Parent Teacher Organization) and devise an excell program to order books and supplies for teachers on two different schedules. I loved the students and teachers alike.

I also – more... worked for Curriculum and Instruction K-12 and loved working with actual heads of departments. I supported them in many different capacities including arranging inservice meals, priortizing workloads, typing whole curriculums, and delivering them to the school board's homes before meetings. Because of cutbacks, this position was eliminated.

After that, I worked as coordinator of substitute teachers. My schedule was 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., which was hard for me. – less