Huron Valley Schools Employee Reviews

Huron Valley schools
General cleaner (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Huron valley schools is a great place to work for any individual looking for a start up job or a job that could potentially lead to a career position.As a custodian you will be responsible for daily cleaning of your section of your school an expected to do completes for parts of the school daily. Their are days when it can be a lot of work with extra cleaning of gym or other events everyone pitches in together but co-workers we work well as a team an communicate with walkie talkies.

I would recommend this job for anyone looking for an entry level job.While the job is not the highest paid custodial job the position provides yearly raises an room for advancement with obtained skills paid holiday an health benefits.
Pros
decent pay, co-workers, management, paid holiday, room for advancement
Cons
event days can be stressful, cleaning contracts needs renewals after periods
Great staff and educational support
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIAugust 1, 2016
My day usually begins with greeting staff. After doing some lesson prep, I would greet students at the door. The staff at the schools are very helpful. I learned a lot about the daily operations of the school. I also learned different teaching strategies and different discipline techniques.The best part of the job was educating children and watching them grow.
Worked as a Secrertary/Coordinator for HVS
Secretary/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIJune 26, 2012
I worked in several different capacities within the HVS system. As a secretary in an elementary school I was able to update their office with current computers (a gift of the Parent Teacher Organization) and devise an excell program to order books and supplies for teachers on two different schedules. I loved the students and teachers alike.

I also worked for Curriculum and Instruction K-12 and loved working with actual heads of departments. I supported them in many different capacities including arranging inservice meals, priortizing workloads, typing whole curriculums, and delivering them to the school board's homes before meetings. Because of cutbacks, this position was eliminated.

After that, I worked as coordinator of substitute teachers. My schedule was 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., which was hard for me.
Pros
hugs from grateful teachers and students
Cons
terrible hours at the end
Typical public school setting. They have 9 different elementary buildings, 3 middle schools, and 2 high schools.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  White Lake, MIJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day would include announcements, pledge of allegiance, and teaching. Students had lunch and recess every day. Special classes like gym, music, health, etc. were held almost one per day.
Fun times
Recreation & Enrichment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 21, 2014
Was a great first time just out of college position. I worked many years in the position and really learned a lot about how to deal with customers and about the recreation field. Typical day was 8-4:30 and was flexible.
Great School District
Assistant Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIOctober 15, 2013
Enjoyable place to work.
Great schools
Great Facilities
Great Community
very nice educational environment
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milford, MIOctober 29, 2014
Well presented lesson plans, very helpful staff, teaching is the most enjoyable part, disruptive behavior the least enjoyable part.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
disruptive behaviors
Fun working with the students.
Para-educator (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIAugust 26, 2013
I assisted the teachers in the English Department and helped the students in the computer lab.
Pros
Part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huron Valley Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6