Huron Valley Schools Employee Reviews

Good pay
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Muir, MIOctober 24, 2017
I feel that Huron valley school doesn't communicate
Well w people
And lead more leadership
And be positive and happy 😊
People
Be more personal
Listen to more employee
More jobs training
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor leadership
Don't work here if your not part of the group!
Para Professional (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIOctober 6, 2017
Very Political, no chance to advance unless your boss is the director of that area & your best friend! No support from management, and confidential, everybody knows your job assignment before you do. The Special Education Director, has zero people skills,poor communication, a strong supporter of self! The students are the best part of the job always enjoy them! Oh and the pay is low compared to other area districts.
Pros
The students
Cons
Low pay compared to other districts!
A great place to work during high school
CPA Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, MIMay 30, 2017
As a CPA Technician, I was responsible for both customer service and the technical aspects of a client's show. Managers were amazing and the atmosphere was one of a kind. the only downside is you are laid off when you graduate.
Pros
free lunches, good atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, stressful
needed a job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Township of Highland, MIMay 11, 2017
Fit the need. Needed employment and they gave me a job. The work was fair and the hours what I expected. would have liked the chance to work days but that is hard to come by. All in all it worked for me. Glad they gave me the opportunity.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Not much room to advance
Very positive work environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 10, 2016
I love working at Highland Elementary. The staff is amazing there and we all work as a team. The hours work for me as a mom of 2 boys one of whom I have to drive to and from the bus stop. Although I would love a full time position a part time postion right now is working for me. The salary is very minimal and I started this job when my youngest child went to kindergarten.
Great staff and educational support
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIAugust 1, 2016
My day usually begins with greeting staff. After doing some lesson prep, I would greet students at the door. The staff at the schools are very helpful. I learned a lot about the daily operations of the school. I also learned different teaching strategies and different discipline techniques.The best part of the job was educating children and watching them grow.
Huron Valley schools
General cleaner (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Huron valley schools is a great place to work for any individual looking for a start up job or a job that could potentially lead to a career position.As a custodian you will be responsible for daily cleaning of your section of your school an expected to do completes for parts of the school daily. Their are days when it can be a lot of work with extra cleaning of gym or other events everyone pitches in together but co-workers we work well as a team an communicate with walkie talkies.

I would recommend this job for anyone looking for an entry level job.While the job is not the highest paid custodial job the position provides yearly raises an room for advancement with obtained skills paid holiday an health benefits.
Pros
decent pay, co-workers, management, paid holiday, room for advancement
Cons
event days can be stressful, cleaning contracts needs renewals after periods
Fun times
Recreation & Enrichment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 21, 2014
Was a great first time just out of college position. I worked many years in the position and really learned a lot about how to deal with customers and about the recreation field. Typical day was 8-4:30 and was flexible.
very nice educational environment
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milford, MIOctober 29, 2014
Well presented lesson plans, very helpful staff, teaching is the most enjoyable part, disruptive behavior the least enjoyable part.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
disruptive behaviors
Typical public school setting. They have 9 different elementary buildings, 3 middle schools, and 2 high schools.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  White Lake, MIJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day would include announcements, pledge of allegiance, and teaching. Students had lunch and recess every day. Special classes like gym, music, health, etc. were held almost one per day.

Want to know more about Huron Valley Schools?

Ask a question
Great School District
Assistant Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIOctober 15, 2013
Enjoyable place to work.
Great schools
Great Facilities
Great Community
Fun working with the students.
Para-educator (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIAugust 26, 2013
I assisted the teachers in the English Department and helped the students in the computer lab.
Pros
Part time
Worked as a Secrertary/Coordinator for HVS
Secretary/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highland, MIJune 26, 2012
I worked in several different capacities within the HVS system. As a secretary in an elementary school I was able to update their office with current computers (a gift of the Parent Teacher Organization) and devise an excell program to order books and supplies for teachers on two different schedules. I loved the students and teachers alike.

I also worked for Curriculum and Instruction K-12 and loved working with actual heads of departments. I supported them in many different capacities including arranging inservice meals, priortizing workloads, typing whole curriculums, and delivering them to the school board's homes before meetings. Because of cutbacks, this position was eliminated.

After that, I worked as coordinator of substitute teachers. My schedule was 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., which was hard for me.
Pros
hugs from grateful teachers and students
Cons
terrible hours at the end