Husch Blackwell Employee Reviews

Great Law Firm
Procurement Clerk (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2017
This was my best job in the past three years. My supervisor appreciated my skills and knowledge with the tasks I was asked to do. I helped the Procurement Department with their duties and filing of paperwork in a timely manner. I had an amazing staff that trained and taught me well to assist them and Husch Blackwell with their goals.
Pros
Knowledge and enhancements with software and tasks.
Cons
Slow pace once in a while.
Great place to work.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2016
Loved position and people I worked with. We had great training and the firm was very team oriented and hired people who were mature and worked well with others.
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2016
A typical work day at Husch Blackwell is managing calendars, processing expenses, entering time weekly, coordinating client meetings and handling clients needs and executing small and large projects for upcoming cases.

I've learned to advance my skills in MS Word, Excel, Power point, outlook, Adobe PDF and also your professional mannerism will take you very far.

N/A

We all work as a team

I will say that my goal while working at this firm is to get the job done to ensure the attorneys, clients and guest are happy with our services.

I enjoy working the staff and getting together for office events and outings.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Pay, bonuses, holidays, moral
Number crunchers
Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2016
The companies main focus is on number crunching and not quality work that is put out. Numbers don't tell the full picture of what's required of the employees. The work environment is stressful to say the lease and the department aren't team players.
Good Pay and Benefits; Rough Culture
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2016
Husch Blackwell has its benefits; the pay is good for staff members and there are nice perks like free meals and other events. There are also some very nice people who are dedicated to their jobs. On the other hand, it's also structured poorly and places too much emphasis on being a lawyer. Staff members are always treated like second-class citizens, no matter how much experience hey have.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Clayton Location
Cons
Organizational Structure, Lack of Leadership
fun ,teachable, caring
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2016
i learned how to do copy jobs, everyday was a good day to enjoy people,setting up parties, just hanging out with people. husch was more like family.
Pros
parties
Cons
health care
A great work environment
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
The DC HB office cultivates a great work environment with a real focus on personal growth and team work. HB also boasts a fantastic internal training program for employees who want to better themselves. Additionally, HB gives outstanding employees recognition when an exceptional job is done, which is a perk. Note that the DC office is a satellite office, and as such has limited growth potential for staff members.
Free coffee and tea.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 22, 2013
Very nice people to work with, but most were laid off when one law firm was taken over by another law firm and too many employees. I enjoyed the legal field.
Pros
everyone did their job very well.
Cons
not enough work for everyone.
Very challenging environment.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2012
I love my co-workers. The environment is extremely micromanaged.