Husqvarna Employee Reviews

The culture is the best part of this job, However; it is hard to advance in this comapny as a woman.
Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2016
I learned a lot about lawn equipment and I really enjoy the people I work with. The benefits are nice but I dislike how there's no paid maternity leave you have to use disability and receive reduced pay while out on maternity.
Pros
Cons
Not a female oriented company
Hard labor
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 12, 2016
Every day I was assigned a different task, certain areas were very hot. Co-workers weren't nice and very childish. The job had no real pros to working there. Management was horrible. No package deals for retirement nor benefits for temp workers. The upper management did not care what happened to its workers as long as their quota was met.
managment
Admin (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2016
No job security. Worked 15 hour days to be unappreciated. Benefits are alright but deductible and OOPM are ridiculous. No one trusts anyone in HR. HR is pro manager.
Long hours,not enough pay,but job was not hard.
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  McRae, GAAugust 8, 2016
You would stand on the assembly line for 10 hours doing the same thing all day. the job was not hard. Co-worker all got along.
Pros
not a hard job, friendly people
Cons
not enough pay, and no benefits, long hours
Communication is the Key
Temporary Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2016
A typical day consisted of very little interaction with management and staff, I did learn how to function on my own without the help of my superiors, in fact in my position there were no superiors or teams. We learned something new everyday and how to work independently.
Nice break room and great breaks
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 27, 2016
Good place to work and learn with the long hours and high demand on quality it's the best idea place to work best supervisor to work with they teach you every thing u need to know about the business and give you a experienced into the way the company runs and operate.
Great With Team Work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 10, 2016
The job is very easy, also everyone works together to get the job done. Management is great. Team leaders rewards us with lunch very often. There is also a lot of contest to enter in, where you can win gift cards and so much more.
Pros
Lunch on team-leaders, cares about workers/customers, paid days off
Cons
No AC in work area
Productive and very fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 17, 2016
It was a great and hard job for a first job. Very fast pace but the jobs were pretty manageable to perform. There weren't any benefits offered at the time. Management had some not very personable attitudes
Productive workplace with professional staff
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 31, 2016
I've worked for Husqvarna for 33 years and my experience here was amazing. Never had an issue with management. I got a long with co-workers very well. Such a mature environment. Situations were dealt with immediately. The no tolerance for non productive issues that have nothing to do with the job. One of the main things I love about the company.
Management changes policies as they see fit
Employee (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 6, 2016
Large turn over because of the way management treats their employees. Not enough training. Disrespectful attitudes from management. Company is based on a point system. HR dept not there to help employees.
horrible and unsupervised
ASSEMBLY/OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  McRae, GAApril 13, 2016
The place is not racially balanced out. Poor supervision. No benefits, no unemployment when needed, lay you off whenever, call you back when they get ready. Violent work environment. People playing on the job,, throwing tools,, very unsafe place to work. Hot, dusty and no a.C. The hardest part of the job to work is working with young and disrespectful kids there. They do what they want to do when they get ready. Its a dating place. Everybody sleeping with everybody, including the leads, supervisor, head bosses... Sleeping with employees,,,so sad, will never ever work there again.
Fast pace and Productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 29, 2016
I had a great experience in Shipping and Receiving Finish Goods. Their were many advancement programs with training classes and proper training. Everyone was helpful and work well together.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
Great Health Cares
Productive and fast pace envorinment
Forklift/ Clamp Operator (Current Employee) –  Jedburg, SCMay 17, 2016
The job opportunity at Husqvarna was an amazing experience. Operating the machines and making our daily quota was the most interesting challenges about the position. The work was relatively easy because of the team work enforce by the Husqvarna group. The hardest part about the job was dealing with upper management, who did not have any input in production. The most enjoyable part of the job was the optional overtime.
work ethic
Floater (Current Employee) –  McRae, GAJuly 30, 2016
I was taught how to work at a fast pace. Work with others, train and help others perform their job. It's constantly moving all day long, the line is moving product to the others co-workers to assemble different parts. the worst part of the job is that their is no advancement on the job.
Don't care about its people.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SC 29118March 28, 2016
Long hours with little breaks. I learned that teamwork make the dream out. The co-workers are very nice people. But the management is something else. They talk you in any kind of way. I wouldn't recommend it unless you really need the money.
Fast paced environment
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 1, 2016
Love working for the company; I was given the opportunity to advance my career as well as learn other aspects of distribution and logistics.
Can be better
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 3, 2016
So many things could be better... including management. Management talks a good game but sings a different tune when it comes to putting things into action.
A temporary workload
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 9, 2016
When I worked at Husqvarna it was during a hectic time and I was working 60 hours a week. I enjoyed working here. The people employed were nice and helpful. I worked well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the body pains at the end of the day. I enjoy working with a team and sometimes individually. I liked the variety of this job.
Cons
long hours, low wages
Not a good place to work.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 29, 2016
Unstable working conditions. Lack of communication from leadership to workers. Poor management attitude towards workers. Favoritism.
Cons
Long periods of minimum work . Month long layoffs.
well rounded workplace
Final Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  McRae, GAMay 26, 2016
Job is fast paced, well maintained, and fast growing. I have learned numerous jobs within the company. They offer great training.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
can't keep enough workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husqvarna. Our community is ready to answer.