Hussmann Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time and experience gained from Hussmann.
ACCOUNTING INTERN/IT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 4, 2017
A typical workday for me involved helping business users to solve software issues. My co-workers were always helpful and made sure I was comfortable. I learned a lot about the accounting field and also IT.
I enjoyed the time I worked for Hussmann I had great coworkers and management although confused at times they did their best to make it good work envi
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 11, 2016
I would definitely recommend working at Hussmann for young people that are just getting their working careers started or older people that are approaching retirement age.
Pros
Good coworkers opportunity to learn mechanical skills
Cons
Hourly pay not enough
Okay Plance
Regional Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IADecember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for Hussmann for the most part. My job however was not challenging and there was too much nepotism, which did create tension among many employees.
productive
Water Spider (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 12, 2016
Always busy working never stopped, management was good made sure employees were happy, great environment to work in, great employees to work around
Fun place
Operational excellence intern (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 17, 2016
Great place to work and learn technical stuff related to mechanical and manufacturing engineering.

Good mix of international staff for a healthy work culture.
Pros
Flexible timings
Cons
NA
There's better places out there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 14, 2016
Typical day was filled with the same battles between management and the union. Management threw everyone under the bus and the union drove it. HR only worried about themselves and did under the table deals with the union at the expense of the supervisors and management backed them up. If you need a job you can work here until you find a better offer and if you just wanting to change jobs keep looking. Work/life balance is good for management and union officials but is terrible for everyone else. There's also the toxic dump across the road that makes you sick to your stomach on hot days since the plant has no AC it is also sweaty and gross.
Pros
Some coworkers are fun to be around
Cons
Very poorly run company from top to bottom.
Rewarding and fun job, if you have talent and a positive attitude this is a great place to work
Coils (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 18, 2016
I'm going to start by saying, you attract what you give. If you have the right mindset and mentality, you will have no troubles and will enjoy working here. I get up every morning for work at 3:30 am, work is from 5am-3:30pm mon-fri and 5am-1:30pm on sat. 58hr work weeks. I have prior experience in home remodeling, landscaping, and CNC machining so HR could tell I was well qualified so I got hired directly. When I got hired at Hussmann I was told I'm going to be in Local 250 refrigeration Union so that was a plus. They trained me in brazing right away and they said I'm natural at it. Everyone in my department has 20-35 years experience so I'm very fortunate. There is a lot of knowledge, experience, and wisdom in my coworkers and team lead, and they pour into me everyday. Work is fun and challenging and can be a little intense working at a fast pace, but I like it. Everyone is really positive and encouraging to me, because I try to be kind and encouraging to everyone I come in contact with. Work is what you make it. If you come in everyday with a negative attitude, complaining about the hours, complaining about the breaks, complaining about management, wearing your emotions on your sleeve and getting offended easily of course you're going to be stressed out and on edge and of course you're going to hate working here, but this place is what you make it. working in a warehouse with 400+ workers of course there is going to be a wide variety of personalities, but I chose to stay clear of the negative people that complain about things. They pay you to work. If you like to work, and  more... are a hard worker, and like a potentially high intensity job depending on the work load of the day, then you will enjoy this job. I have no complaints other than a lot of cussing due to different personalities, some negative workers (mostly the young generation ages 22-27), and sometimes we are missing parts to complete the refrigeration cases but this always gets resolved. If you have talent, wisdom, and are a respectful person and carry yourself well others will notice and you will move up in the company quickly. I love what I do, brazing copper pipe is a good trade and I feel blessed to be working here especially in my department.  less
Pros
Fun work I have a blast everyday, my department has really positive people, plenty of over time, there is a lot to learn (I learn something new everyday), coworkers are cool and for the most part positive, lots of opportunity to move up
Cons
There is a lot of cussing, but it's not a big deal, a lot of different personalities, I've been told upper management changes often, Some complainers, but nothing big.
many hour of overtime
Brazzer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 12, 2016
they dont give out a schedule, when you work 10 hours they only allow three breaks.
work is on a tack timer. except custom which i worked, and usually they set a date when the unit/chasis is shipped. fans are displayed around warehouse and clocks are displayed around the warehouse, and information about the warehouse is posted on a bulletin near the cafeteria. work on weekends were slow. I learned how to place orders for metal, how to assemble refrigeration, and how to wire and weld the chasis/ unit as well. teaching teaching in hussman has been passed down from generation to generation, so teaching in Hussmann is no problem. the hardest part of Hussmann is the hours sometimes you will feel like you haven't slept in weeks. and the people of Hussmann are very kind people, and are reasonable and well develop in their specialization of units
Pros
overtime is a must, teaching is great, they have a food cart
Cons
short breaks, understaffed
Not a company for darkies...lol
Designer II (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 1, 2016
I don't mind working hard, I was not challenged enough with my role coming from a engineering firm ! Was not paid what I was worth because in a female and ethnicity. When I told lead engineers I needed work never did receive any. When I first got to Hussmann in Bridgeton I thought I had found my dream job turned out to be a modern day plantation. If you want to work for a company with snobby whining people with no solutions great this is the job for you ! But if you want a company with good culture and upper management that don't see you as just a worker keep looking !
Pros
The cafeteria and the warehouse
Cons
atmosphere, culture and management
Fast paced environment.
Panel layout assembly. (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 28, 2016
Take drawings and place components on various panels.Good co-workers. Management seems to be day by day planning. Have so many orders to get done. Satisfied with a job well done.
Great Company to work for.
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Hussmann is a great opportunity to learn about Refrigeration & Installation. They will provide all the necessary tools to increase your knowledge base about refrigeration and its functions.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Healthcare
Had its clicks
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2015
Hussmann had its clicks if u didn't fit in you were in the outside. I did billing and they had an issue with the (n) showing up on the service ticket so when I would bill then find out that some of it should not have been billed then I had to do a credit so then it looked like it was my fault so I was fired because I had too many credits Hussmann is a joke I wouldn't work there if I was u they have great benefits but other than that the micro manage u bad...
Pros
Nom
Cons
Micro manage u, your supervisor will give you everything to do
fun working place with growth opportunity
Mechanical Tester/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 7, 2015
fun working place with ability to grow. learnt a lot from that place and my co workers were friendly. I could not have ask for more.
Poorly run company
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 17, 2015
this company needs help with upper level management and the core way it runs its business. it is partly owned by an investment firm and can be bought at any given time.
Dream Job
Refrigeration Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston SCJuly 19, 2015
Hussmann- Nelson Refrigeration, cares about about its employees.

Safety, and wellness working in Charleston SC . great work hours, This company taught me alot. I earned my epa certification for hvac.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
travel
Impression is everything
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chino CAJune 27, 2015
This company Hussmann put out a job opportunity for assembler. They were desperate to hire anyone with any skills.Management is unorganized and demanding. On my first day working for Hussmann I was doubtful of even working at this location. Management is unwelcoming and are rude to production workers. I was told lies about my start time. I was told that I would work from 4pm to 12:30am. On my first day I was alerted that my time would be from 5pm to 2:30 am. The supervisors on the production floor are real rude and try to discourage you. This is a dead end job. On my second day I was expected to sand for 10 hours with limited training. The compensation and benefits is a pay not factoring the cost of living in California it is only 12hr. The job security in this company seemed low because of the supervisors attitude of demanding and discouraging most workers. You are not allowed to speak to Management unless its an emergency. You are told that if you need to speak to management for any reason you need to make an appointment or discuss it with a supervisor. The job culture at this place was full of lies and slave labor. Speaking to workers that worked at this location they said that they were not happy worker for Hussmann. One of the employees said there is no communication with management at all. They don't communicate nothing with their production workers.Finally, noticing all the unsatisfied workers with this company I quit on my second day. I learned that this company does not value its workers.
Hussmann Chino is terrible
certified Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 25, 2015
To start off I have been with Hussmann 3 times in 18 years. 1st was 3 year run in the 90s and was a great place to work. 2nd was 4 year run mid 2000s and it was BAD! Hussmann management was terrible. Trane came in and destroyed us then laid off 60 men in one day. 3rd was most recent. I was promised the world so I came back. Management sucks BAD, lie and create a bad work environment to work. Dispatch same people as in the 2nd run lie, and fabricate stories to make you look wrong. Account managers have no clue and act as if they are your service manager. This place is very unorganized and stressful. They chase dimes and micro manage pennies. They lie about refrigerant tracking and use materials on other accounts paid by other customers. They have ran all the good Journeymen out and have no one left to hire so they have started to hire unqualified mechanics. They breech contractual agreements and wait for you to fight it. The uppers do not care about employee retention and do not value opinions. The turn over rate is 80% in less then 1 year. Apprentices are treated very bad.I do not recommend this place at all stay away from Hussleman if you value your life and health. Do not work here.
Pros
Not one thing
Cons
Lie, cheat, steal, break contracts
a great company to work for.
Service Tech- Has done Preventative Maintenance (Current Employee) –  La Vista, NEJune 4, 2015
Its a hard but rewarding job. I love what i do. even when its difficult troubleshooting, i find great reward in knowing that i get it fixed,.
Current employee
Assembler (Current Employee) –  ChinoMay 15, 2015
Don't ever work there they are slave laborers they crack the whip on everyone they expect you to do a job in a certain amount of time and if you don't they'll question on why you didn't worst company anyone would ever want to work for
Cons
It was a job job for awhile til I got hurt
Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2015
I worked there for about 5 years. It was fast pace on any line you were put on. It was a fun place to work and fun people to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hussmann. Our community is ready to answer.