Hussmann Employee Reviews

very cut throat not a good place to start out your career as a hvac guy
refrigeration technicin (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 11, 2017
if you are not in the inner circle you are out they expect way to much and management is in it for themselves

very cut throat among workers

low pay
fast paced work environment
Temp Help (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 29, 2017
get ready to have your body ache for weeks. good people and management, but the way they operate and finish projects is not traditional. also an underpaying job with tremendous work hours and extremely hard work. used to sweat literally all day long and not given the tools or help needed to fully succeed.
Houston Service Manager
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  HOUSTON, TAXSeptember 7, 2017
Houston Service Manager will not hire you if you are over weight. He is the WORSE man to work for. It was a great company before this man came!!! IF you want to work with no help Hussmann is for you they will NOT let anyone help even on 2 man jobs.
Pros
Great guys to work with
Cons
Service Manager is HORRIBLE to work for
Sale order entery
Sale order Entry (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 5, 2017
Took orders from sales department and Apps Engineering which came from a third part customer, it is the design of refrigeration equipment for store and I set up the out scheduling as soon as I get a production date from scheduling.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
lots of turnover in the other deparments
North Korea
Picker (Current Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 4, 2017
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy it is north Korea in the us the government should come and shut this place down because they treat ppl like slaves
Not great for advancement
Category Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2017
Almost every position posted is already spoken for internally. People with less education and less time at hussmann constantly promoted before their counterparts with more of both. They hire and allow very lazy people to work here, do nothing about it. They expect the hard working to pick up the slack for the lazy people, with no consequences for the lazies, and no recognition for the hard working.
I wouldn't recommend this place to someone looking for advancement.
Pros
My manager is good
Cons
everything else
Stay Away
Service Techician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 15, 2017
If you wanna work yourself to death then this is the company for you. The company doesn't care about your welfare, although they have these safety meetings to act like they do. These safety meeting are designed to protect themselves not the employee. If they cared about the employee they wouldn't have them working 32 hours straight with no help. When, you call for help you get no reply from your managers. Now, if you start denying calls you'll get a phone call.
They also think thay after working all day and night you only need 4 hours sleep. If you don't answer your due to being exhausted I can guarantee, that when you wake up you'll have nasty voicemails from your managers.
The company in a whole is poorly management, everything is one lie after another. If you decide to work for Hussmann your a fool. If you have a family don't plan on spending time with them. Hussmann doesn't Cate about you or your family.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Management is Horrible
fun
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 10, 2017
It was a great company to work for the most part.Had some fun running around.Some of the best warm days working on roof tops and enjoy the view.I miss the days of working alone and being my own person
good job
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 31, 2017
best job I had, really like working there with the worker and the staff had a great experience but there always lay off people butt all and all great place to work
Productuive place to work.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Brigeton MoMay 11, 2017
Good pay packages and room for advancement. Vacation and days off for personal business allowed overtime work during summer months. Union shop is USW.
Nothing good about it
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 6, 2017
When I first started working at Hussmann, I thought it was a dream job. That lasted a few weeks when their true colors came out. No one in leadership there has any ethics. There is much discrimination and prejudice that happens. Things are targeted at minorities but not limited to. HR is horrible and will cover the workings of the corrupt management.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Toxic environment inside and out
Its all about who you know
Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2017
Typical work day is always stressful. They talk about these 7 behaviors but leadership doesn't even follow the behaviors. It is the good old boys gang around here. The equal opportunity is a lie. We don't have any minorities in any true leadership roles. Management do not coach their employees for advancement opportunities.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Growth Opportunity
Great place except for the yearly lay-offs and toxic dump across the street.
Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2017
Men were assigned to the easy high tech presses and women were assigned to old and outdated press equipment. The younger guys did not take the job seriously, constant horseplying. All they though about was getting paid for a job related injury.
Cons
Training, landfill across the street and lay- offs
Good company
Finance Manager - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2017
good company
good employees
good work/life balance
big company with opportunity to advance
good benefits - insurance, paid time off, etc
great workplace culture
Nice way to get experience.
Production Line Intern (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Yup. You do a lot of data entry. A lot of talking with other people. A lot of slow annoying follow up. Try to find stuff to do that isn't stuff you did the day before.
Pros
You can snack while you work. If you don't get caught.
Cons
Long days with sometimes little to do.
not all that
HVAC/Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2017
didnt train me like was promised , too many miles a day traveling to jobs . buildings not accesable easy for roof access without using 30 foot ladder
Pros
company truck furnished
Cons
to much driving
I enjoyed my time and experience gained from Hussmann.
ACCOUNTING INTERN/IT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 4, 2017
A typical workday for me involved helping business users to solve software issues. My co-workers were always helpful and made sure I was comfortable. I learned a lot about the accounting field and also IT.
Enjoyable place of work
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 3, 2017
This is a good work environment. People are friendly and willing to go out of their way to help each other. Typically overtime is available and required but the pay is good and management stays out of the workplace mostly. Management is okay but they contradict each other. Overall upper management does not work together or see eye to eye to be most productive
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Upper management not being on the same page
I enjoyed the time I worked for Hussmann I had great coworkers and management although confused at times they did their best to make it good work envi
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 11, 2016
I would definitely recommend working at Hussmann for young people that are just getting their working careers started or older people that are approaching retirement age.
Pros
Good coworkers opportunity to learn mechanical skills
Cons
Hourly pay not enough
Okay Plance
Regional Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IADecember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for Hussmann for the most part. My job however was not challenging and there was too much nepotism, which did create tension among many employees.