Husson University Employee Reviews

Husosn
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEAugust 31, 2017
I worked as an online adjunct instructor which was great! I enjoyed designing my courses and the students were well engaged.
Whenever I had any questions, there was always someone there to help and assist me with anything.
Wasnt bad
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 28, 2017
Not a bad place to work pay is good work is good, no organization and terrible communication by management. I enjoyed my time there overall although I wish some things were different
Husson is a fine school
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 3, 2017
I don't think I should have to review employers to participate. Sorry, doesn't seem like a good idea. Good luck with that aspect of your business, Indeed.
Great, small University
Student (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed attending Husson University. It was a great small school that was in a good location. I met some great people and learned a lot from my peers and my professors. They preached professionalism and set me up to get ready for the real world.
Husson University
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 25, 2017
Husson is the University I attended for almost 7 years. I mentored other students, involved in the nursing depatments scenerios for nursing students. I also brought a business model to Husson, however, this is an area that is being worked on.
Positive work environment with opportunity for working with many disciplines
Founding Director HICHEP (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 16, 2017
Very enjoyable position in an organization seeking strong professionals to teach and mentor students. They received a 2 year grant to develop an Institute for Continuing Education for Health Professionals. I was the founding Director. The most enjoyable part of the job was using creative energy to develop inter-professional learning experiences through innovative methods. The Deans of Nursing and Pharmacy were both my supervisors, who recognized my talents and fully supported my talents. The workplace culture was energetic, positive and supportive. The hardest part of the position was that I was basically a team of "one" in the institute, but also got wonderful opportunities to learn and feature research and build collaboration of various programs at the University. The most enjoyable part was the intellectual freedom to create inter-professional perspective in healthcare professionals, professors, and students. We built increased collaboration between Husson and area healthcare professionals and organizations.
Pros
freedom for creativity
Cons
grant created, University President had other priority goals
Was a good place to work
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 12, 2016
It was good to work at Husson University. There are some great people there. I worked for about 6 years and enjoyed working with students and staff. my management team was great.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Had to work overnights
Great environment
Office of Advancement (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 4, 2016
I really enjoy Husson's campus and the people I work with! Love working at Husson! I feel really comfortable working here.
Productivity at its best
Event Coordinator and Host/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 9, 2015
Greeted guests and assign rooms to outside parties and affiliates for functions, handled events, contacted housekeeping or maintenance staff as needed, answered phone calls and emails as well as make copies and print items as well as fielded any incoming communication.
Hard working state
Student Computing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 23, 2015
Working for this University I learned not to take anything personally; get over yourself, it's not about you. What other say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dreams.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.
Maintaining a certain level of excellence while creating an enjoyable work environment
ICV Producer (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up an event, catering the event, and tearing it down. Working this job I have learned that attention to detail is critical. Placing a piece of flatware in the wrong place could make a tremendous difference in the professionalism that I am representing for the company. The management where I work is relaxed and stern at the same time. My manager has a great personality, but if your not getting the job done she will re-establish the level of work she expects in a heartbeat. My co-workers are outgoing with a great sense of humor. They work very hard, and this motivates me to raise my level of work. Although we have fall-outs, we communicate very well. I would say the hardest part of the job is the amount of detail you have to comprehend. Maintaining a smile and good vibe while not feeling well is also a challenge at times. Working with my co-workers is the most enjoyable part of the job. We have created a work environment that makes me look forward to going to work everyday.
good place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Social Science and HumanityMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work in and can find yourself making changes! The work culture is good but not as effective as a big university.
Best place Ive ever worked
Offensive and Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 7, 2015
Great people. Great administration. Really growing as a school. Love working there. Co workers are awesome the athletic department is first class.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
the school is landlocked
Overall a Great place to work with an everybody knows your name comfort to it.
Sergeant of Security (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 19, 2015
I learned a lot about different management techniques in my time at Husson University Security.

Your typical day at work was anything but typical and that was one of the things I liked about it. You never knew if the day would simply consist of simple checks on boilers and locking or unlocking buildings or if it would be one of those nights where you wouldn't have a moment to rest because the fire department was showing up as well as emergency services multiple times for multiple reasons.

My co-workers for the most part were great to work with, everyone has there own quirks and managing you have to learn to manage everyone's quirks for the betterment of the University.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a student death. The best part of the job is seeing students you have dealt with over the years and tried to keep out of trouble and harms way graduating at commencement with big smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Funding
This job wasn't as difficult as it should have been
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 23, 2014
The job was a fun job, but the management made the job more difficult than it needed to be. I enjoyed helping the students finding their class books, I also enjoyed checking people out at the register. But the management made my co-workers and I do things that weren't required of us, things she was supposed to do as management. The hardest part of the job was having to do what I was not required to do.
Janitoral (Former Employee) –  bangor, maineJuly 15, 2014
Working there was not a pleasant experience. The management was not very good. The manager was a women and it seemed she wanted an all women crew. I don't have an issue with the school but with the management.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
husson dining
Dish room, Prep cooking, Line serving, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 16, 2013
i worked there for almost 4 years Managment sucks they hire scehetchy people to work in a kitchen lots people that smoke and other drugs they don't help each other out at the end of the day. people are talked down to lots of back talk in th dining service
great managment experience but sub par work enviroment
I.T. Department Assistant Manger (F/T) (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 11, 2013
I am glad for the experience i gained there but the conditions and environment was weak.
Interesting colleagues and friendly place to work.
Adjunct Instructor English Department (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 11, 2013
My colleagues in the English Department are an interesting group of people, always ready to assist and engage in ways to better the department and teaching. I teach only part time so am not on campus a lot.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
No office space for adjuncts
Excellent place to work!
Database Administrator (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 27, 2013
Husson University is a GREAT place to work, I find the faculty & staff to be relaxed, approachable, personable and respectful. Husson truly cares about their faculty/staff as well as students.
Cons
Can't think of any cons (really .. true)