Husson University Employee Reviews

Maintaining a certain level of excellence while creating an enjoyable work environment
ICV Producer (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up an event, catering the event, and tearing it down. Working this job I have learned that attention to detail is critical. Placing a piece of flatware in the wrong place could make a tremendous difference in the professionalism that I am representing for the company. The management where I work is relaxed and stern at the same time. My manager has a great personality, but if your not getting the job done she will re-establish the level of work she expects in a heartbeat. My co-workers are outgoing with a great sense of humor. They work very hard, and this motivates me to raise my level of work. Although we have fall-outs, we communicate very well. I would say the hardest part of the job is the amount of detail you have to comprehend. Maintaining a smile and good vibe while not feeling well is also a challenge at times. Working with my co-workers is the most enjoyable part of the job. We have created a work environment that makes me look forward to going to work everyday.
Overall a Great place to work with an everybody knows your name comfort to it.
Sergeant of Security (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 19, 2015
I learned a lot about different management techniques in my time at Husson University Security.

Your typical day at work was anything but typical and that was one of the things I liked about it. You never knew if the day would simply consist of simple checks on boilers and locking or unlocking buildings or if it would be one of those nights where you wouldn't have a moment to rest because the fire department was showing up as well as emergency services multiple times for multiple reasons.

My co-workers for the most part were great to work with, everyone has there own quirks and managing you have to learn to manage everyone's quirks for the betterment of the University.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a student death. The best part of the job is seeing students you have dealt with over the years and tried to keep out of trouble and harms way graduating at commencement with big smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Funding
Great environment
Office of Advancement (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 4, 2016
I really enjoy Husson's campus and the people I work with! Love working at Husson! I feel really comfortable working here.
Fun and always changing
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 26, 2012
Typical day was cooking to order, cashiering, cleaning up, stocking product and customer service. I learned how to multi-task with a line of orders and getting them done on time and right way. The management was awesome and they were always willing to teach you. Co-workers were okay. Some were friends some were random students but we all got along and did our jobs. The job wasn't all that hard if you did your job and were efficient and clean. I enjoyed it and I would definitely do it again even just for fun.
Pros
free meal with shift, fun environment, right on campus
Cons
heat in the kitchen, shrink prevention
Productivity at its best
Event Coordinator and Host/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 9, 2015
Greeted guests and assign rooms to outside parties and affiliates for functions, handled events, contacted housekeeping or maintenance staff as needed, answered phone calls and emails as well as make copies and print items as well as fielded any incoming communication.
Cons
This job wasn't as difficult as it should have been
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 23, 2014
The job was a fun job, but the management made the job more difficult than it needed to be. I enjoyed helping the students finding their class books, I also enjoyed checking people out at the register. But the management made my co-workers and I do things that weren't required of us, things she was supposed to do as management. The hardest part of the job was having to do what I was not required to do.
good place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Social Science and HumanityMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work in and can find yourself making changes! The work culture is good but not as effective as a big university.
Hard working state
Student Computing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 23, 2015
Working for this University I learned not to take anything personally; get over yourself, it's not about you. What other say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dreams.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.
Janitoral (Former Employee) –  bangor, maineJuly 15, 2014
Working there was not a pleasant experience. The management was not very good. The manager was a women and it seemed she wanted an all women crew. I don't have an issue with the school but with the management.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Best place Ive ever worked
Offensive and Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 7, 2015
Great people. Great administration. Really growing as a school. Love working there. Co workers are awesome the athletic department is first class.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
the school is landlocked
Interesting colleagues and friendly place to work.
Adjunct Instructor English Department (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 11, 2013
My colleagues in the English Department are an interesting group of people, always ready to assist and engage in ways to better the department and teaching. I teach only part time so am not on campus a lot.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
No office space for adjuncts
husson dining
Dish room, Prep cooking, Line serving, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 16, 2013
i worked there for almost 4 years Managment sucks they hire scehetchy people to work in a kitchen lots people that smoke and other drugs they don't help each other out at the end of the day. people are talked down to lots of back talk in th dining service
Excellent place to work!
Database Administrator (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 27, 2013
Husson University is a GREAT place to work, I find the faculty & staff to be relaxed, approachable, personable and respectful. Husson truly cares about their faculty/staff as well as students.
Cons
Can't think of any cons (really .. true)
Small university with many opportunities to teach
Adjunct Communication Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 7, 2012
It was a good place to work. Although I was only an adjunct working in Continuing Education, I felt as if I was a part of the institution.
great managment experience but sub par work enviroment
I.T. Department Assistant Manger (F/T) (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 11, 2013
I am glad for the experience i gained there but the conditions and environment was weak.
Working
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 18, 2013
I was able to learn more about football and enjoyed being able to coach and mentor the athletes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husson University. Our community is ready to answer.

Husson University Reviews by Location