Hutchinson Sealing Systems Employee Reviews

Their training on the first day was so easy to catch on the first time
Molder Operator (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJune 13, 2017
I had a lot of work to keep me busy all day. When I finished my work I would go help others. I was always doing something diffrent. I loved this job for sure
Pros
Multiple breaks
Cons
Alot of gossip
Was Fun
Quality Auditor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJune 10, 2017
I loved it I would go back and work in a heartbeat, a typical day at work was bathing in a sauna and looking for splits in rubber seals other than that you had your own space to concentrate and work efficiently
Pros
(Air Conditioned) Snack Room, Great Pay
Cons
Terrible Ventilation In The Plant Hard To Breath With Hot Air Blowing In Your Face
Great job just not alot of hours avaliable
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Church Hill, TNMay 15, 2017
Great job just not alot of over time avaliable. I love the work environment and the management team and my co workers . It has a great environment and training program.
Typical Cut Throat Automotive
Project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newfields, NHFebruary 27, 2017
This is not a company for the weak minded. You are not allowed to make any decisions on your own without consulting the production manager or plant manager first. There are a lot of good people working here, but there are a few back-stabbing bad apples so be careful. You will be expendable so never think you are safe. The CEO is a psycho with split personality disorder. He'll hug you while he stabs a knife in your back. Trust no one.
Pros
Awesome extrusion engineers
Productive and fast pace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNFebruary 13, 2017
I learned how to make window seals for Chevy equinox, also how to work good with others, also was a great place to better your career and also great benefits.
Co workers friendly, Management needs a lot work
Machine Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newfields, NHDecember 24, 2016
Met a lot of good people. Management talks about family atmosphere, but your family is not as important as the artificial family at Hutchinson Supervisors play the favorite game. If your not your supervisors favorite you will not get far in this company.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, company picnics, profit sharing
Cons
Poor Management/supervisor team, probably should be replaced
Energetic and fast paced
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Newfields, NH 03856December 7, 2016
This job has pushed me to limits I didn't know I had. It can be a constant battle to stay ahead of the game all while learning so many new things or a brief easy day. Most days go from 0-60 in a heartbeat because everything is moving and cannot be stopped. I have seen a new style of management here that works from the ground up instead of from the top down. I have felt valued as a member of the team. The best part of working at HSSNA is that every day is a new day and has a teachable moment.
Pros
Plenty of ways to exercise and grow skills
Cons
Availability to move inside company is dependent on the market.
Productive and fun workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newfields, NHNovember 9, 2016
It was a great job for the time being. I made a lot of new friends and i earned Descent money. But when it rains trust me your still working. Overall a good experience.
too hot, to many hours
auditor (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNAugust 5, 2016
Not a good place to work. Too much overtime(not optional), too hot, and very bad management. They did have good health care benefits.
Pros
healthcare, good pay
Cons
worked 6 weeks straight, without day off, very stressful, very hot
Productive work place with nice people
Temporary Cutter (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJuly 9, 2016
I enjoyed working there, I learned a lot of new things about cars and machines. I worked a twelve hour shift. I had nice co workers, and learned how to efficiently work together as a team. The hardest part of the job was the hours, I worked from three in the morning to three in the afternoon. The easiest part of my job was my job itself, cutting rubber pieces and measuring them to the right length.
Cons
healthcare
Broken and Mis-Managed
TOG Mold Specialist (Former Employee) –  Epping, NHFebruary 11, 2016
Communication is an essential part of any time-oriented production process. Hutchinson Sealing Systems lacks an effective communication. This leads to a lot of downtime that the operators get punished, unjustly, for. Expect many hours of OT.

You must get hired threw a temp-agency, after three months you are supposed to be hired on. It took me one year, even with no negative marks on my record.
Pros
Great People, Flexible Breaks
Cons
Management doesn't communicate effectively.
Most unfair workplace ever!
Quality Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJanuary 27, 2016
I was told in October 2015 that I would begin a temporary job for 3-5 months as soon as the hiring freeze was lifted. I even explained to them that I had not worked this particular program in several years so I would need assistance getting started. They informed me that would not be a problem because they wanted to teach me to do it their way anyway. I turned down several jobs in the meantime. Finally, I started work on January 25, 2016. Even though I was hired as an office employee, I still had to do orientation the first day. This was not a problem because I wanted to learn as much as possible about the company. The next day they moved me to my position in the office. Keep in mind, they had known for four months that they were going to have a new office employee. I was told they would train me and help me in any way possible. First of all, I had to wait a couple of hours for the program to be installed on my computer. At this time, I asked the manager to bring my work to me or if there was anything else I could help her with. I waited another hour for her to bring my work to me. Of course, I had questions about how to begin the project, but it seemed to be an inconvenience to her whenever I asked her a question. She seemed to be mad at the world and was yelling at anyone who came near her. So I waited until she seemed a bit calmer to ask for her assistance. But she was no help at all - I knew as much about the program as she did. So I struggled with the spreadsheets and figured it out on my own. She wouldn't even take the time to look at my work and didn't  more... even care that I spent all this time figuring out the program. She complained to management that she didn't have time to train me so, at the end of the day, I was fired ( after ONLY ONE DAY)! They do not care about people - it's all about the money. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are heartless, inconsiderate and extremely rude people to work for.  less
Pros
Resource MFG employee was a good person
Cons
Heartless, Inconsiderate, Rude Employees at Hutchinson
Was Really Really Bad but Now Pretty Good
Cutter (Current Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJune 15, 2015
Was a horrible place to work and there have been some improvements made and more commitment toward employees in the plant. Some new managers seem to care and want to help hourly employees but they will need to stay with the company to make a difference over the long term. It is a hot place to work but if you do a good job there is money to be made but you will need to work overtime. Good wage for the area but it takes like a year and a half to get topped out. I go in and do my job and don't call out and so far it has not been a bad place at all.
Pros
Free shirts, hat and backpacks
Cons
no air conditioning
great place to work
Occupational Health and Safety (Current Employee) –  Newfields, NHJune 4, 2015
Health and Safety Officer. Management is fantastic and the entire work place has a family type feel to it. Because of the friendly and helpful employees my job has been challenging and fun.
Pros
Great "family" feel, challenging yet fun
Cons
short breaks
Unfulfilling and Stressful work, dirty/smelly workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 16, 2015
This was a rubber factory. I personally did not enjoy working here at all. The work itself was very boring and tedious, there was no pride one could take in doing this kind of work...and it was difficult to satisfy managements required output.
Pros
nice breakroom, clean bathrooms
Cons
dirty smelly workpace, very unfulfiling work
Absolutely HORRIBLE
SLAVE (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNDecember 3, 2014
If you want to work in a job where management expects you to drop everything going on in your life just to meet their needs at a moments notice, you may like it here.
Management will literally walk up to you 5 minutes before you clock out to go home and tell you that you need to stay over 4 extra hours! It doesn't matter if you have an appointment, it doesn't matter if you have to take your kids to school or pick them up. The only thing management cares about is getting the parts out the door.
It is nothing for management to work some areas 12 hours a day / 7 days a week for months without a single day off.
In some areas if people want just a single day off, they must fight to get to use 1 day vacation time.
Working around drug addicts is another huge problem at this company. Drug addicts that harass people for their URINE! Drug addicts that will literally fall asleep while standing up, Drug addicts passing out on the bathroom floor. A lot of the people working there are only working there to support some drug addiction.
Truly is one of the worst places I have ever worked, I can not stress this enough. Do not waste your time at this God forsaken place
I have never felt better quitting a job.
Pros
Nothing when compared to what they want from you
Cons
12 hour days for months without one day off, Unrealistic Expectations, Management have their 'favorites', Working around drug addicts that can barely stay on their feet.
Diversal company to work for
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 7, 2014
This was my first time working for an Automotive Supplier and it certainly was not a bad one. My typical duties were to administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. I was able to learn some new systems and software, along with old ones that most companies do not use anymore (e.g. LotusNotes).

Many of the managers that I have worked with have been extremely helpful. I have worked with some of the managers that have made poor decisions and others that make decisions too late. This does not reflect my views of management with the company because of how they are always trying to improve themselves and one another.

The hardest part of the job for me is understanding how their systems work and the way they process. I have worked with several companies throughout my career and the steps that I must go through seem like too much work. I believe the reason behind this is because of the systems they use. Many of the employees like to call their systems/software the Jurassic period.

The greatest thing about my job and being able to learn new things. Not just the duties that I must take responsibility over but the industry and the market that it's in. There are too many projects and customers the company deals with and there's always some new development awaiting.
Pros
Employee Development and Educational
Cons
Old Systems and Software
Long, hot, and Tough place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNMay 15, 2014
I would go to work at 3pm and get off at 3am. The supervisor didn't communicate very well and picked favorites. Supervisor would also have you running parts against the standardized work procedures. The money was good but I would work 7 days a week 12 hours a day for months on end.There was more rumors and drama there than any place I have ever worked and supervisors would put people that dislike each other and don't work well together in the same place. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the heat because I worked next to molds that were 500 degrees and applying bright strips. I enjoyed running the molds because it was something that kept you constantly busy.
Pros
free shirts
Cons
drama and favortism
Heavy work schedules
Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNMay 5, 2014
Lots of good people, but in my job ...Use of hazardous chemicals without proper ventilation. Lunch and breaks too short.
Pros
pay with overtime ..decent
Cons
standing all day..too short of breaks..and lunch
Overworked and Under paid
S6 Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Church Hill, TNSeptember 9, 2013
HSS is a somewhat decent company if you enjoy the lack of leadership and things always being in converses. Management is the worst of any i have worked for. also they req 12 hr shifts and will work you 30+ days on 12hr shift with no off day and will term anyone for any reason respectable or not
Pros
Its a job it better then not having one
Cons
All the above