Hutchinson Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Good learning environment
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNNovember 6, 2015
The engineers and tool makers were very helpful. Easy to work with multiple projects, ability to move between teams when low on task
fun place to work, good people
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJuly 25, 2015
its best job i had, good working atmosphere with great benefits.
Team work is one of the company greatest achievement, employees help one another without questioning
Pros
match up 3% on my 401K
No room to advance
Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJuly 1, 2015
Never received training when moved to main production floor, spent most time loading cartridges into machines. when asked to be trained to be trained visually and in other departments and was turned down at every chance.
Pros
12 hour shifts, every other weekend off, decent benifits
Cons
terrible managment, shut downs, layoffs
clean environment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJune 13, 2015
Did not like the layoffs and how they were handled. People in town knew before we did. Pay was not very good, because raises not offered.
Tough to balance work and home-life
Chemistry Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 25, 2015
Job was monotonous and mundane. Great job if you are accustomed to factory life and 12hr shifts. The 5-4 schedule was great for some people but it conflicted with my home-life.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Same thing day after day, poor benefits
Screened computer parts
Screener (Former Employee) –  Sioux FallsDecember 13, 2014
Our team inspected computer parts threw scopes. We all worked as team member it was fun, and fast and met our goals sometimes beating the other units.
Was a good place to work
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire WIDecember 2, 2014
The fear of the work being sent overseas changed the working environment; and the 12 hr. schedule got too difficult after 18 years.
Vending areas through out the plant
Laser Measurement Specialist-measure different (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 18, 2014
I was a triple function ps. I worked on cleanline,LMS operator, unit coordinator. Did rework when it got sent back from the customers. You worked 12 hour shifts. I worked 6pm to 6am. Got paid for your 15 minute breaks. Lots of opportunities to advance at HTI. Classes were offered when you needed to learn a new product or function. Had a nice cafeteria. Smoke shacks for smokers.
Pros
benefits were nice
Cons
long 12 hour shifts and working every other weekend.
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 4, 2014
company's shutting down. Good place to work, Good pay, Good people to work with,
Pros
good work place
Cons
moving to thailand
A job that wasn't secure but provided with many challenges.
Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 16, 2014
Hutchinson was not a secure place to work. I was laid off with no fault of my own. The people are enjoyable to work with and management was easy accessible and easy to work with too. I enjoyed my position and the work place.
Pros
12 hour shifts, week days off
Cons
unsecure place to work, work every other weekend
A fine place to work
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJune 16, 2014
Running operating machinery paying attention to detail multitasking while producing products for computer hard drives in a timely manner I learned some different computer programs that worked with on a daily bases,management was hard but fair to their employees,I worked 1 on 1 with all the employees, hardest part of the job is when engineering throws a project at you with improper instructions how to build the parts,the most enjoyable part of my job is the employees
Pros
nice employees
Cons
improper instructions
enjoyed my job
Measurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 28, 2014
I loved my job and what I did. Toward the end the company wasn't the same.
Always laying off
Operator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 29, 2014
I never knew what day I would have a job and what day I would. They have good time off benefits but that is it.
Hutchinson Technology Inc.
Analytical Chemistry Technician (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJanuary 31, 2014
I was able to grow professional with the company. My experience with Manufacturing Technology was greatly enhanced. Working hours were very flexible. Worked with professional people with great ideas.
unstable
Progressive Die Setter (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 23, 2014
Hutchinson has changed dramatically within my work history. We were top rated and now have closed several shops and the company is moving to Hutchinson, MN which is too far for me to drive
Pros
empto - same day call in
Cons
health care, stability, management
best job in the area
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 19, 2013
not hard work but long
very easy to live a live around job
great pay
management will not see for weeks
Pros
pay
Cons
does not exist anymore
Wonderful work environment -
Statistician/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNSeptember 2, 2013
I can honestly say that working for HTI was fantasic for me. I was trained and sent to training to become an expert in my field. I had the opportunity and pleasure of working on and consulting others on projects within all divisions and at all sites. Best part of my job was Mentoring/Teaching all levels of employees in 9 different quality courses.
Pros
great working conditions, earned my degree through college reimbursement, level of knowledge gain, working on many different types of projects each day - lived 2 miles from work
fun people to wrok with and learned new skills
Inspection specialist gold plating (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 16, 2013
Not much to say it was too long to remember much, it has been over 10 years. But what I remember is the late nights 6p to 6a
fast paced, great people to work with, good pay
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 15, 2013
running the process through the area, management was okay but not very understanding when it came to overtime, co-workers were great (one of the best things about the place is the friends I made). Hardest part of the job was trying to switch from nights to days. Having fun while working with friends was the best part.
A nice clean place to work, and the people were awesome.
Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 11, 2013
A typical day is you go in and have communication with the outgoing die setter about current situations with the press that you are going to run. It depends on if the press is running or not. If the present die requires to be pull out then you pull it out otherwise you keep it running. The Hardest part of the job was when there are numerous mechanical failures in one day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. We all work as a team and take care of one another.
Pros
team work