Hutchinson Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good temporary job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 17, 2018
The job is easy everyday you pretty much do the same thing and can learn new jobs too but the downside is there planning to move most of there jobs to Thailand and only employee people when needed then they lay them off
Pros
4 breaks easy work
Cons
lay offs too much standing in one area not enough moving around
Love the people I work with
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 3, 2018
I had some major issues going on and my manager totally understood he makes me feel wanted liked and memory appreciated. The environment is safe, secure and very clean.
Pros
Lots
good palce to work
Customer Service / Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNOctober 20, 2017
always enjoyed my time with this company
co-workers very nice
we all worked together very well
had fun at work
flexible hours
Great group to work with
Nights
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 27, 2017
Working the night shift was very hard on me and my family. The supervisors were not the best people to work for. It was also very slow paced work environment which was difficult with it being a night shift.
Good Company
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNSeptember 24, 2017
Good company to work for and respects the employees. Good management. Allows employees to engage in work and learn. Would recommend for others to work at HTI.
I made good friends
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNSeptember 15, 2017
It was long and boring, but paid well and talking with co-workers made the time go fast. Management was amazing. They actually cared about their employees for the most part. I didn't like though, that it seemed like they were getting rid of a lot of good employees and replacing them with temps. It created like a bad blood between the employees and temps.
knowledgeable coworkers
Mechanical Drafter II (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNSeptember 12, 2017
My experience at HTI was that they had very capable people enployees that were happy to share their experience and knowledge. However I believe management had a very closed mind about their future.
Long hrs. Under paid
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TNAugust 29, 2017
Worked 60 hrs a week not appreciated for doing good job showing up or helping others. Management is a mess and won't move up unless you kiss the right hind end. But it is a job and checks are good.
Pros
Job
Cons
Hrs. Management
Nope
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 19, 2017
I was a protect specialist
Got accused of harassment towards a lady and they didnt even bother to ask the other people in the room at the time Of the supposed incident and got fired
And the same people that ran the company in the ground the first time are still there after the tdk buyout
Pros
Wages and hours
Cons
Not one of the floor managers has any real experience nor knows how to peform there job
this place closed in sf sd
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 19, 2017
12 hour rotating shifts didn't work for me with a young child, it was a lot of fun till it got so big, then they closed the doors every company I have worked for has started out small, they care about the people until it becomes about money and there are so many people that you turn into a number.
Pros
every other wknd was 3 days off
Cons
12 hour shifts hard on family life
Great place to work for advancement.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 16, 2017
I worked as production operator and worked their for around 3 months. After that company was shutdown and all employees got laid-off. I also got laid off.
Pros
vision, pay, tuition assistance
Cons
rotating shift
A Promising Future
Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 13, 2017
Very interesting and challenging technical problems to work on. Culture is focused on utilizing engineering fundamentals to solve problems. After the recent merger with TDK, job security in general is much better. HTI has a bright future.
Excellent friendly and supportive
Process Development Cooperative (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNApril 19, 2017
I worked as a process management engineering cooperative on the Seagate Team. I loved my time at HTI! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a technician or engineering position.
Pros
Paid Lunch meetings, overtime, Pto
Cons
very laid back environment
Quality Auditor Summary
Quality Auditor/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNApril 19, 2017
I have been at HTI for close to 3 years. I enjoy certain aspects of my job, but I never know how long I might have that job to do or have a job at all.
Great people clean work enviroment
SAM PS (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 18, 2017
Check your orders for the day, inspect parts, file paper work, label packages, unload machine, make adjustments as needed to ensure high quality and good parts
Good place to work and learn.
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNFebruary 5, 2017
I've been working at HTI for 23 years. I've worked with many good people. Now it is time for me to move on. The best thing about working at HTI is the people. Everyone is always willing to help each other when problems arise.
Pros
Relaxed work enviroment
Cons
Too many layoffs
love working with people dealing with quality
Quality Assurance/Trainer/Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working in this company. Their human resources was always their to help. Management treat employees with respect. The workload was light. The hardest part of this job is rotating shifts.
Pros
good benefits, light duties
Cons
12 hours rotation shifts
Good
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work,good work environment,I learned many skills,I had good people to work with,I enjoyed the work schedule
On-site cafeteria, 40 minute lunch plus three 15 minute brakes
Production, Manufacturing, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 3, 2017
I was trained in different departments just in case some people didn't show up for work or if it got busy I was able to help out when needed. Managers were nice to work with and were helpful. Standing all day working a 12 our shift got to a little tiring and repetition, some days doing the same job all day long.
Pros
Time worked over 50 hrs/wk you were paid double time.
Cons
Long hours and weekends.
Good place to work..Corporate buyout/downsizing risk.
Toolmaker lead (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNNovember 29, 2016
The people at HTI are second to none. Highly talented, very motivated staff. The shop is bright, clean and climate controlled. Staff is very willing to share information. This results in a well trained versatile staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hutchinson Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Hutchinson Technology, Inc. Reviews by Location