If you’re an experienced security engineer looking for an opportunity to influence the security of the largest commercial and government networks on the planet, consider joining HyTrust, a rapidly growing cloud security leader based in Mountain View, CA.
We’re delivering security technology that makes it possible for large corporations and government agencies to virtualize their data centers and expand into the cloud while keeping their operations and data secure. Our industry-leading technology is so essential that HyTrust is being funded by the biggest movers in computer infrastructure, including VMware, CISCO, Intel, and investors for the U.S. intelligence agencies.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You long ago mastered the essentials of networks and systems, and now focus on understanding the intricacies of security vulnerabilities and the ways to defend against their exploitation.
- You know that security spans many elements in any computing environment and so are excited about collaborating with engineers across multiple disciplines.
- You have a background in software development and so ground your security problem-solving with a solid understanding of programming and real-world system mechanics.
- You’re looking for a small company because you want to own your job, set the direction, accomplish your goals, and work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- You are the driving force behind building security into the fabric of a company’s solution and will be an integral part of what makes HyTrust products exceptional in the market.
- Develop the strategy and design a suite of security challenges that HyTrust products must meet to satisfy the high-security needs of our Fortune 500 customers.
- Conduct penetration testing and attack surface analysis.
- Build security test suites with the goal of passing 3rd-party security audits and obtaining various security certifications.
- Act as a researcher (and co-author) for security-focused publications further solidifying HyTrust’s stature as security industry experts.
- Participate in code reviews with developers, helping them avoid and patch security related bugs.
- Consult with the HyTrust product team on security-specific functions for future product releases.
- Identify the hardware and software tools necessary to maintain a rigorous security testing regime.
- BA, BS, or equivalent in a technical field of study (such as computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics) or equivalent work experience
- 6 or more years of experience designing and operating security tests for software, operating systems, and networks.
- Strong security-focused knowledge of one or more of the following: Linux, Java, Networking, virtualization, vSphere, KVM, Xen.
- Hands on experience with one or more virtualization platforms: vSphere, KVM, Xen, Openstack, AWS
- Proficiency with Linux/*nix
- Deep understanding of SQL injection, cross-site scripting, web session management, SSL/TLS, fuzz testing, static code analysis, etc.
- Experience with one or more data security standards: Common Criteria, FIPS, ISO/IEC 15408, PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and products at the same time, develop work estimates, and coordinate schedules with your colleagues while prioritizing and working to deadlines
- SQL, Java
- Experience in Security technologies including AAA (authentication, authorization and auditing) Services, firewalls, SSL, and PKI
- Familiarity with Java GUI frameworks like Wicket, GWT, Struts, Tapestry, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- OpenStack development experience
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, FISMA Compliance
- Knowledge of LDAP or Active Directory
Salary is negotiable based on experience and/or qualifications. HyTrust provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision) and a 401k program with company matching.
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard