Hyatt Regency Milwaukee

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Employer Reviews

Fun yet professional workplace
Banquet Bartender (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2014
Great, fun loving atmosphere, catering to higher end clientele.
OK but tough
Bar associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2013
Diificult environment...management company can be dysfunctional at times...
A Good Place to expand many different Skills
Host/Cashier (Former Employee), WIJuly 26, 2013
Pros: they feed us for free and benefits were great.
Cons: the open hours and the occasional angry guest
A Typical day at work would start at 6:00am with making sure all employees showed up for there shift. Open and run the restaurant and entertaining guest. At the end of every shift, would close and clean work area and finish counting cash drawer with filing paper work.

Management saw how I was able keep calm under heavy traffic during the most busy – more... times of the day. I always wanted to learn something new, and by doing that, I was able to expand my responsibilities to manage the staff and the establishment. Management often left me in charge, knowing they could trust in my abilities to run everything smoothly.

My co workers were fun to be around but at time also can test your patients. Because we were a small group, we helped each other in any way we can. Weather it was to get cash for the guest, to buying there meals and making sure they get the proper service, even if it wasn't in our department. I remember A co-worker and I went out of our way to reserve a Digital Camera that was on sell at Best Buy and then giving her the driving directions to get there, when she told us she had lost hers and was looking to buy another.

The hardest part of the job would have to been the customers and the time we opened. We would sometimes get guest that were in a bad mood and wanted to take it out on anyone that approached them. My staff constantly tries to make every guest leave happy, but we didn't always get to that goal. The time the shift opened was 6:00am so everyone had to be there before the shift started and that meant getting up at 5:00am to arrive on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be happy guest that were leaving our establishment with a smile or that were happy. Knowing we everything right and making sure the guest had everything they wanted. – less
Always looking to promote within the company.
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 18, 2012
Pros: room for advancements.
Cons: payscale.
Working for this company has had a huge impact on my career. They are always looking to promote within the comapany.