Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place to work
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 1, 2015
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee was a great place to work which is proven by the longevity of the staff who work there. The employees came into work with the attitude that the guest is the most important person. My days were very busy from start to finish, but there was great support from other departments and upper management.
Pros
Complimentary meals
Cons
A whole lot of false promises
Event Management (Current Employee) –  MilwaukeeAugust 6, 2015
This could be a decent place to work if the right resources were provided and they hired competent management. Unfortunately this hotel is run by a third party management firm. They offer no training and management is only worried about protecting their own interests and will not help develop their employees. Working 80 hours weeks is not worth it. There is no work life balance and extremely high turnover. They do not offer vacation or 401k the first year given very few employees last that long. I would not recommend this place to my friends.
Pros
Health coverage is alright
Cons
Long hours, no training and extremely low employee moral
Fast paced; everyday is new.
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2014
I loved the people that I worked with and I had a lot of freedom. Whether it was two in the afternoon or two in the morning, it was fun just getting to know people.
Great team to work with.
Catering Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 7, 2014
It's a great place to work with a team that really tries to succeed and help others succeed.
Fun yet professional workplace
Banquet Bartender (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2014
Great, fun loving atmosphere, catering to higher end clientele.
OK but tough
Bar associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2013
Diificult environment...management company can be dysfunctional at times...
A Good Place to expand many different Skills
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  WIJuly 26, 2013
A Typical day at work would start at 6:00am with making sure all employees showed up for there shift. Open and run the restaurant and entertaining guest. At the end of every shift, would close and clean work area and finish counting cash drawer with filing paper work.

Management saw how I was able keep calm under heavy traffic during the most busy times of the day. I always wanted to learn something new, and by doing that, I was able to expand my responsibilities to manage the staff and the establishment. Management often left me in charge, knowing they could trust in my abilities to run everything smoothly.

My co workers were fun to be around but at time also can test your patients. Because we were a small group, we helped each other in any way we can. Weather it was to get cash for the guest, to buying there meals and making sure they get the proper service, even if it wasn't in our department. I remember A co-worker and I went out of our way to reserve a Digital Camera that was on sell at Best Buy and then giving her the driving directions to get there, when she told us she had lost hers and was looking to buy another.

The hardest part of the job would have to been the customers and the time we opened. We would sometimes get guest that were in a bad mood and wanted to take it out on anyone that approached them. My staff constantly tries to make every guest leave happy, but we didn't always get to that goal. The time the shift opened was 6:00am so everyone had to be there before the shift started and that meant getting up at 5:00am to arrive on time.

The most enjoyable
  more... part of the job would have to be happy guest that were leaving our establishment with a smile or that were happy. Knowing we everything right and making sure the guest had everything they wanted.  less
Pros
they feed us for free and benefits were great.
Cons
the open hours and the occasional angry guest
Always looking to promote within the company.
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 18, 2012
Working for this company has had a huge impact on my career. They are always looking to promote within the comapany.
Pros
room for advancements.
Cons
payscale.