Hyatt
1,090 reviews

Hyatt Employee Reviews

Does not hold up to core values
Gallery Host (Former Employee), MarylandJuly 1, 2015
Pros: discounted rooms when available
Cons: everything mentioned in the review
Loved my job, however the location I worked at did not hold up to the company values/promises. My co-workers were amazing hard working individuals. Management needs a huge change. You will do literally EVERYTHING as a gallery host. You're basically, a receptionist/secretary, busboy, cook, bartender, stocker, sales associate, and a custodian all in one. Honestly, the hardest part of the job was dealing with management not honoring the values of the company. The most enjoyable part was the guests. They can either drive you insane or keep you insane, but overall the interactions are enjoyable.
boo
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 29, 2015
"From the great benefits to the investment on professional growth of their associates Hyatt values their most important asset:it's employees" (

"Free Hotel rooms throughout the company and good benefits" reviews)

Cons
"Managers are not considerate of work life balance"

"Hospitality industry is hard long hours"
Hyatt Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Not very flexible
Great boss, great benefits and pretty good hours. The people I work with are great and that's what makes my experience a bit more entertaining.
very good in team work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), new yorkJune 28, 2015
i work five days a week , i learned how to be with team. management are so good. coworkerker are so friendly and helpful to each other.
good palce to work while in school
lead server managing a ten-member team (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 26, 2015
If you are a student this is a good hotel to work for the work well with your schedule and the pay is decent. One of the main negatives is that it is hard to make plans because you will work unexpected long shifts at times
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 24, 2015
long, stressful days most days. but good place to work. they take care of their employees. high turn over at this property.
Great People
Cashier, Server Assistant, Server, Food (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working here as it brought on a sense of responsibilty. It was great working with people like-minded as well. When they started cutting hours trying to budget, that is when things became costly for me and my family.
Very Corporate Ran
Chef de cuisine (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2015
They don't teach the just call you out for every mistake you make they make you feel uneasy everyday you work. No room for creativity.
It was a rollercoaster and not all parts were fun.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2015
Working for the Hyatt at Penn's Landing was a learning experience. Not only did I enjoy learning how hotels operate, but I acquired many hands-on skills and social skills I enjoyed working in a diligent and respectful team. Knowing that someone else has my back and supporting me as I support him.
they took us bowling sometimes
dishwasher (Former Employee), Bonita springs, FlJune 15, 2015
depending on the occupancy, sometimes it can be very busy and sometimes it can be slow. when it is slow, we work on projects.
Sales (Former Employee), omahaJune 15, 2015
Pros: game room, comp nights
Cons: short breaks, no free food
In bound call center, Worked on the phones all day, great people to work with, always something fun to do, Great place to work
Fast paced hotel operation
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free Rooms, Free Lunch, Decent Pay, Promotion from Within
Cons: 401k plan could be better, Could be less political
Typical work day includes opening room service, Sway restaurant, Market Coffee Shop and Regency Club Specialty guests Lounge. Before opening the Outlets all Liquor requisition need to be completed and delivered for the days operations. Run each operation until close times with exception of 24 hours Coffee Shop and open 22 Stories Bar around 1p. Completed needed paperwork and give daily details to oncoming manager. I have learned how to effectively run an operation an make sure the staff is happy doing so. At the same time I have learned how to increase revenue and save revenue. The hardest pat of the day was consistent standing with no breaks. he most enjoyable part of the day was getting off.
Hyatt Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cambridge, MDJune 13, 2015
Pros: free all you can eat lunch.. benifits
Cons: they don't like overtime
A typical day at work for me is walking in with a smile, speaking to everyone I walk by.. Satisfying the guest when it comes to their needs! I've learned that it's not all the speediness but the effort you put in to make the job complete and right. I love my management their very understanding, and east to get along with! My co-workers are the best!! I love working with them, they make work feel like home. The hardest part of my job would have to be closing! We have to go around and refold every piece of clothing in the store.. It's such a hassle on busy days. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to watch a guest leave the store knowing they was completely satisfied.
Hard working
Engineer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 13, 2015
hard working able to adjust to situations and requests by guests and staff able to think on the go versed in different skills that are needed
Good food
Housekeeper (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2015
I loved working here! The staff was so friendly and open with everyone. The managers could get a little rude sometimes but other than that they were very sweet. I enjoy going to work everyday knowing I would be around people who also enjoyed their job.
The Hyatt was a very diversified experience.
Meeting Concierge (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I started out at the Front Desk with Hyatt... Then went to HR... then Guest Services... Worked in the Outlets & Banquets briefly, even part timed it in Security and PBX. Ultimately, I was a Meeting Concierge with Convention Services & Banquets, The great thing about being in a large hotel, is that there are many options to entertain. It was an awesome experience.
flexible schedules; low pay
Front Office Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2015
show up, check people in and out, go home early because they're always trying to cut payroll, overall an easy job, good for a college student who needs hours, but not much hourly pay.
Hyatt
Bartender (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2015
Great company but, I was only seasonal. I was a bartender on the rooftop that took care of guests needs and orders. I also was a banquet bartender as well, worked meetings, weddings, paint night and other gatherings.
Hyatt was fun
Assistant Food and Beverage Outlet Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2015
Hyatt was a fun and challenging place to work. I learned a lot of work life balance was an issue. Very professional and I would work for them again.
Fun Place to work
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Free hotel room stays at other Hyatts
Cons: short breaks
Enjoy working with my management who taught me that you do not always need to be so serious that you can occasionally put some fun into your daily job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more

Hyatt Salaries