Hyatt

Hyatt Employer Reviews

Front Desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 14, 2014
Pros: worked alone, was alwasy busy, customer sevices
Cons: no maangement see
This was a place that made you feel rich. I learned a lot of front desk duties and what it takes to work at a hotel. Management was never really seen, so I cant tell you any thing. I worked alone behind the desk.
Learned a lot
Gallery Host (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: learned a lot of different roles
Cons: no growth/advancement
I learned how to be a jack of all trades, but a master of none at this job. I was Front Desk, but I also worked in housekeeping, kitchen, putting away stock, etc. I was always able to lend a helping hand when asked, and even when I wasn't asked.
High paced, high energy workplace
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 6, 2014
I loved my job there, my coworkers and the clients that I worked with. Hyatt makes an effort to show their employees that they are an integral part of the company.
Great company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 3, 2014
Great bosses, caring company with many opportunities. Co-workers are fun people generally. The hardest part about the job is dealing with irate customers, but every line of work has those and you just have to adjust to it. Meeting new people everyday is the enjoyable part of this job.
Fun workplace that provides authentic hospitality.
McCoys Bar and Grill- Server / Bartender (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaDecember 2, 2014
My day at work usually starts with a pre-shift where a manager goes over the outlook for the day, what type of business we are expecting, any specific groups we have in house, and specials for the day. I then go about my work shift in a fun environment with a great staff devoted to providing incredible service to our guests, who are also willing to – more... lend a hand to those in need. Management does a great job of keeping employees motivated and they are always present to help on the restaurant floor when they are needed. This is a very busy hotel so it can get quite hectic sometimes, but that's where the fun is in this industry and believe me at the end of the day the hard work is rewarded! – less
It was alright
banquet cook (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great learning experince
Cons: not much training or team work in general.
I only worked there for a month and it was only part time. I was always out of place and never really shown what needed to be done unless the chef has time to show me. sous chef and supervisor made me feel ill ant ease.
swanky, classy, SNOOTY
cocktail server (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 29, 2014
The Hyatt brand is wonderful...but this property is too snooty. Theyre string for classy but instead showing snootiness and coldness
Great potential...
HOSPITALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 28, 2014
Pros: free employee cafe, gym use.
Cons: no free parking, terrible work schedule.
I worked for one specific Hyatt hotel, in Buffalo, NY.

The place was in my opinion, a yard sale of chaos.

I was there for about 3 years. Worked in 5 different positions, ranging from Valet Attendant, to Banquet Manager.

The training is sub par, if at all.

The staffing is worse.

The management team that lead my particular hotel was riddled with – more... aged ideas and disconnection with the line employees.

But, there were certainly bright spots. There were indeed managers and employees who made it worth coming to work.

The co-workers I had in Buffalo became some of my closest friends as well.

The work/life balance was terrible. There was so little structure and management was so varied, that vacation time and promises were often neglected. Scheduling was never confirmed until ~3 days before the work week began.

This being a hotel, it never closes, one should expect these things, but a little help from management to control the little things would have done wonders to encourage their workforce. – less
good work place
Banquette Attendant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2014
positive environment to work with
nice people very professional
excellent management
there is no hard part of the job cause i enjoy it
enjoyable part was receiving your pay check and giving satisfaction to all the customers..
Most enjoyable part of the job
Restaurant Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is I was able to train in different department to get more knowledge about the hospitality business.
Good work atmosphere
Security Officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2014
Good work atmosphere. Good management. Good people working toward a common goal of excellent guest service.
Interesting place to work
Security Officer - Secure Hyatt (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: meals are free, reduced or free rooms
Cons: only 1 break per shift, no room for advancement in certian depts
Innteresting place to work. Met many distungished guest and artist. View to Capitol Hill is great; not far from many attractions.
could be more productive and enjoyable
Engineering Maintenance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2014
Pros: some employees ejoyable people
Cons: too much back biting
Could be an enjoyable place to work, except for too much attention to the business of others and starting rumors. Drug use is prominent were as if there was a drug test, many would fail including some in management!!
Great people to work around
Cook 2 (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches good discounts of rooms
Cons: long hours
Great place to work if you don't have a family hours can be long and stressful but over all its a good place if to work with great people good place to start your cooking career you can learn a lot from the other kitchen staff
Great Corporation, Hyatt has the right idea
Hospitality Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: new learning experience daily, constantly meeting new people
Cons: having to take responsibility for problems outside of your control
I have been with the Hyatt for 3 years now. I transferred from Hyatt Regency Jacksonville to Hyatt Regency Buffalo. First of all, Hyatt is an incredible company to work for where opportunities are arising constantly. A typical day of work for me at the front desk consist of printing a list of reports to be completed throughout the day during downtime, – more... and checking guests in and out of the hotel and answering any questions from local restaurants to architectural tours. Working with Hyatt, I have gained so much knowledge and respect for the hospitality/ hotel industry. The most common goal at work is to make sure every guest leaves happy even if there are bumps in the road. I would consider it my duty to leave a lasting impression making guests want to return from such a great experience. The most rewarding part of the job is leaving at the end of the day and knowing I made a positive impact on as many people as I came into contact with. – less
BEST PLACE TO WORK
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 17, 2014
I worked for the Hyatt for 6 years and was able to cross train in different areas of the hotel which helped me move up. Hyatt has a wonderful structure in every aspect starting with management to training.
Love my job, love the people I work with, cant live with the pay
Lead Gallery Host (Current Employee), Johns Creek, GANovember 15, 2014
Pros: avancement oportunities and learning experience
Cons: pay and benefits
We keep busy. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn so many areas of the hotel industry. I would love to make my life career here. I just cant make my life career with so little compensation. The cost of living being what it is I need a second income and being a single mom I need more pay and less required overtime hours.
Productive workplace
Night Auditor/ Acting Gallery Lead (Current Employee), Medford MANovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work includes all employees wearing multiple hats. That is, you not only work at the front desk but also the bar, the kitchen, the café and other departments as needed. All employees are crossed-trained.
I have learned the ins and outs of the hotel industry. I have worked in teams and individually on different tasks. I have learned – more... the art of multitasking and pacing oneself. – less
Good Atmosphere
Suite Inspector, Gallery Host (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INNovember 10, 2014
Pros: management co-workers and meeting every guest.
Cons: walking guest.
I would start my day off at Hyatt by recounting our drawers before shift change, make or check daily reservations, make sure our Gallery/ Kitchen were stocked for the day, and show great hospitality. Management and Co-workers were great to have by your side, not one complaint. Learning how to give great guest services, making reservations, answering – more... multiple phones and making sure every guest was satisfied. While working at Hyatt Place we would have to make decisions without management but they trained us well enough to make them without Supervisor. Hyatt place is a wonderful establishment to work at. – less
loved
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2014
I loved working for the Hyatt its was amazing management was great all my co- workers were great.
only thing that was a down fall was the slow fall season otherwise best place to work

1 2 3 4 5

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more