Hyatt
1,127 reviews

Hyatt Employee Reviews

great experience
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 30, 2015
I obtained a lot of very useful and valuable office/admin work while employed at Hyatt Place. Management was touch and go for a while but we made it through.
Great team to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, benifits
Cons: short breaks, work life balance
Supportive management team, more like a family. The company is very big on growth within the company. Very big on number but still focused on personal growth.
Very active environment,outgoing co-workers
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
My typical work day depending on occupancy I sometimes walk in working checking in guest answering phones preparing food etc. Here I learned patients because you have to deal with rude guests as well as rude management. The co-workers here are very outgoing and friendly for the most part. There is not really hard part to work at the Hyatt you just have to be able to multitask very well.
Great Company to work for!
Revenue Management (Former Employee), USAJuly 25, 2015
Professional management, promote from within, excellent training and benefits. Teamwork and collaboration create an exiting work environment.
Fun experience
Gift Shop Attendant (Former Employee), Tumon, GUJuly 23, 2015
It was fun working at this hotel because I met people from different parts of the world since Guam is a tourist destination. The company does not really give advancement for the employees.
Interesting work environment.
Gallery Host (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2015
Overall, I would recommend this job, but it definitely is not for everyone. The overall workload is higher than most front desk positions. You will be working the front desk, bar tending, and cooking. There is a lot to learn, but overall the quality of guest makes the experience worth it.
Great Culture
Front Office Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2015
• Provided clear direction to front office staff, assigning work and instructing agents in the day to day operations.
• Resolved customer issues through research and mediation, determining the most effective solutions based on experience and good judgment; occasionally authorized revenue allowances to remedy complications but only after alternative solutions were offered.
• Selected and blocked rooms – more... for guest; pre-registered individuals and groups as required; assisted in escorting VIPs; assured highest quality service for all guest.

Corporate Management Trainee - Atlanta, GA June 2008 - November 2008
• Served in a 10-12 week rotation in various departments within a 400 room hotel in downtown Atlanta – housekeeping (concentration), sales, catering, and kitchen.
• Assigned housekeeping duties to 10-12 employees and inspected work for conformance to prescribed standards.
• Investigated housekeeping and equipment complaints, taking corrective action as needed.

Guest Service Representative - Baltimore, MD November 2006 - June 2008
• Identified the needs of each guest and provided relevant information regarding hotel policies, services, and amenities.
• Entered reservation information including changes, pre-blocked rooms and VIP considerations while following appropriate brand frequent stay programs.
• Performed audit procedures daily; trained new staff members in all aspects of front office operations. – less
Eventful place to work
Gallery Hostess (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Okay Hours
Cons: No room for Advancement
Typical day includes checking in guests, tending to their needs, answering multi-line phone systems, cash/credit transactions
Productive office, pleasant work setting, pleasant co-workers
Human Resources Employment Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, free lunch, discount parking, nice co-workers
The Hyatt offered great job advancement. As a supervisor, I enjoyed managing my team of employees. my co-workers were pleasant and were very knowledgeable of the Hyatt as a company.
I loved working for the Hyatt.
Cook III (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch and great wages
Cons: They let Hyatt Penn's Landing Regency of Philadelphia go
The Hyatt is a wonderful company to work for they pay competitive wages, they promote from within so advancement is always a possibility and the job culture is great you get to meet so many different people is amazing.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2015
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
at my job my duty include patrol all the hotel inside and outside perimeter waking,driving golfcart ,bicycle or in vehicle also assist the guest and the employee went they call for accident or illness every day you learn something new because in a place like this come different clients from other country.with the co-workers is the same experience because we came from different country so we work together,the hardest part of this job is to try to do the best you cant in all the different areas and the most enjoyable part of the job is that i was there for 28 years
It's all about the co-workers
In Room Dining Order Taker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, great coworkers
Cons: Management needs a thorough sweep, the free lunch isn't always the best
A typical day at work runs smooth, with minor bumps along the way. Being at this company with the diverse backgrounds and perspective of my co-workers has taught me that guests aren't just the external people that visit the hotel or call, it is also the internal people that you interact with daily (coworkers, other departments, management, etc.) and the same kindness and professionalism that is shown – more... to external guests should also be shown to internal guests. The hardest part about working at this location in my department, is the politics involved when it comes to management. They tend to lose sight of the people that actually work under them and pay attention to only the numbers (revenue), so the morale is low and the turnover rate is high. The most enjoyable part of this job is my coworkers. We have grown to love each other as well as learn from each other. The working relationships that I have built here will stay with me for a long time. – less
Front Desk/Concierge
FrontDeskNightAuditor (Former Employee), Burlingame, CAJuly 16, 2015
Running the Business Center and The Regency Club was a great experience. Making reservations and Martini's was a first and a great learnign experience for me. As a night auditor/reservation clerk I was able to learn the ropes of a night manager, it was tough but a great job, well done!
I worked for the company for 7 years there
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Aventura FLJuly 16, 2015
I was leading 32 employees between independent living and care center. Daily we served over 550 meals.I provided daily meetings with the staff to obtain good communication and harmony to satisfied residents, personnel and the company management .
I learned how to managed low food cost budget to achieve the company goals . By interfering in the dinning room with the residents and listening their requests I was capable to raised the residents satisfaction.
At the end of the day i have happy employees and residents.
People.
Barista (Former Employee), OrlandoJuly 15, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCH
Cons: NO TIME OFF
The best set of people to work with, and the place is light and clean and its easy to be there. The people are the kindest and the most caring, big family that worries and love you no matter what.
Excellent bebenits
Banquet Server (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: short breaks
My co-workers
Since the very moment I show up for my shift you can feel the friendliness of my co-workers. It is a pleasure to work with all of them. We can have so much fun without interfering with our job. We show so much support and the willingness to help each other. A very close team
I learned what it means to be a chef here.
Banquet Chef (Former Employee), Old Greenwich, CTJuly 14, 2015
Worked the line in the hotels restaurant Winfields. High volume, fast paced service. I had a chance to work pastry, garde manger, and banquet hot line as well. Executive Chef Lisa Brefere was a mentor and probably the best overall chef, food wise, that I have worked with. She new it all!
All is great. I just need a second job
Night Auditor, Houseman, Cook and Shuttle Driver (Current Employee), oklahoma city, ok 73108July 13, 2015
Management is good. My co-workers are smart and fun to work with at Hyatt. Every job has task you do not like to do; that is way I complete those tasks first I enjoy meeting people from different parts of the country and different parts of the world. I like listening to peoples travel wows. It makes them feel better by venting their anger and I feel better because I live fifteen minutes away.
Fun workplace
Roving Director, Human Resources (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Free hotel rooms
Cons: Long hours, must relocate in order to advance
From the great benefits to the investment on professional growth of their associates Hyatt values their most important asset:it's employees.
nice company
Guest Customer Service/Banquet (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2015
everybody is friedly and welcoming. my work day is usely great. its a great place to work. i would recommend it to anyone looking for work

1 2 3 4 5

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more

Hyatt Salaries