Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 1,358 reviews matching the search
Hardwork
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2017
Hyatt has its own culture. Typical work day is providing all tasks at hand, Management, Server, Bartender, Hostess, Busser. I'm there to provide the upmost customer service to the guest and show my staff all about what Teamwork means.
Fun and productive place
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Team worked will together, Directors where always there when needed. Learned what management really was. Working at Hyatt was challenging for me where it also motivated me to give it a extra push
Great people, flexible
Beach Attendant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Great people, awesome flexibility , are there for you to help you, good benefits and great locations, mangers are extremely nice, must be 18 to work there
Great hospitality career found here!
Business Travel Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Hyatt is a wonderful company, very loyal to its employees. Entry level does not pay well, but if you join the company in the right job, the sky is the limit!
Very rewarding company to work for
Director of Events (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Hyatt has a great company mantra and the quality of service is top notch. I enjoy working for Hyatt Hotels. It has allowed me to move up in the ranks over the years of working with them and for that I can be more appeciative of all I have learned.
Convention Manager at Iconic Dallas location
Catering/Convention Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2017
On-site manager of events
in charge of creating menus, room sets and event deliverables for customers
Management trainee after 18 months as an admin
obtained base line skills for future career
Pros
massive hotel with multiple layers of management
Cons
difficult to get all departments to work together at times
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 16, 2017
Hyatt Hotel

A typical day is for the most part unplanned. Lots of challenges with Mgmt. expectations, as well as the pursuit of positive guest satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the job is utilizing my problem solving skills, in resolving multiple issues within this facility. Teaching, training and holding my staff responsible for their daily performance.

Hardest part is the lack of appreciation for working diligently, with the company's best interest at heart, showing up day after day, on time, ready for the challenge. Secondly the constant negatitive push back from the "Upper Echelon", while pursuing the highest quality and quantity of work possible. Lastly, is the petty negativity that doesn't serve any purpose, other than lowers the overall morale of all of the staff.

What I've learned is NOT to take this job personal, in getting so wrapped up in doing things MY way, within my timetable. Flexibility is one of the key ingredients in the success of this position. If the company wishes to pursue another direction, that's OK.
Pros
Good question
Cons
Refer to my review
Excellent work place to work
Consultant Contract- Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Definitely they rank in the top 3 Employers during my career. I would love to stay after my Project assignment. By far the BEST employer in the Tampa Bay, where I work at their Vacation Ownership corporate offices.
Good Company
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 14, 2017
It is a good company to work for. I enjoy my co-workers and they are very vaoluable and important. They have value and worth...The hardest part of the job is the amount of responsibility you have with each skill leval and no added compensation. We have a loyalty program and the tiers come with added stress levels

The most enjoyable part of the position is assisting guest wirth their reservations and handling escalated calls aiding in resolution. Being able to assist agents wih help as well. Answering their question or helping to assist with a guests reservation.
Pros
Amazing agents great team home away from home. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Non understanding managers. Looked at as a umber not an asset.
Great Hotel with High Standards
Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2017
Hyatt is a great hotel that offers many awesome employee benefits. The work is faced paced and at times demanding, but the relationships and team atmosphere make it rewarding.

Want to know more about Hyatt?

Ask a question
Enjoyed working here, get to meet different people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Very fast pace, learned to adjust to different situations, work well with others, very long days with conventions. like working as a team.
Pros
discount on rooms at vacation
Cons
schedule was demanding
Meeting new ppl and building relationships with my fellow workers
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 10, 2017
Hyatt has been very good to me over the years. I have made many lasting friendships as well as met my husband. I continue to learn new concepts and ideas each day while giving out my own helpful tips and knowledge. Serving is a very demanding job that requires you to think on your feet a lot and Hyatt gives us the ability to make certain choices ourselves to better assist the guest. That is a great feeling to know your management team
stands behind you and your decisions. All in all Hyatt is a great company to work for.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions, comp rooms, benefits
Cons
Working long hours and holidays
Great experience
Front Desk Agent/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tumon, GUJanuary 9, 2017
I was just working as an intern so I wasn't getting paid for it but my trainees made it fun for me. I learned how to book a room, answer and direct calls, clean a room and some other things.
Pros
They have many benefits
Cons
Long standing time
productive place to work at
House Keeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Del Valle, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Taught me to interact with customers and deal with moods as well that was the hardest thing to deal with, But now I can say I can deal with any kind of attitude a customer may have.
Love Hyatt
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 4, 2017
Being a Gallery Host was difficult at times. Working the desk, food, and bar was making me uneasy. once I got the hang of it, I loved it. Doing all those things kept me busy on the high seasons, but most importantly it allowed me to interact with the guests more and that is my favorite part is getting to know people on a one-on-one basis.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Great place to work. Pay matches what the job is asking. Management was very open to employees concerns. The atmosphere was great to be in and you meet a lot of interesting people
Great company to work for
Director, Strategic Accounts (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 4, 2017
Started as an admin assistant and quickly progressed. This company definitely believes in promoting from within and developing leaders. Co-workers are great and true team players.
Pros
Work from home, great hotel discounts, great benefits
Fun workplace with a lot of opportunity for growth
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Hyatt makes the workplace fun and provides many opportunities to learn and grow. Their purpose is to care for people so they can be their best and that is exactly what they've done for me.
Pros
Free food and fun events
Productive and hardworking very reliable on time to work and efficient with my work everyday
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 3, 2017
This job is a good job to get on your feet but not a good enough job to stay there for ever they under pay you there. I like it but it's time to move on I can't support 4 children on this salery.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No healthcare
supercede expectations
Outlets Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyatt Regency DenverJanuary 2, 2017
great place to grow and learn to be apart of the Hyatt team. upon advancement travel can and does occur. above and beyond culture. exceeding expectatiExpectation is the expectation. Creative, flexible, quick adjustments needed with anticipated outcome. Quick thinking followed by day action with developed team a must.
Pros
great upscale, convenient for travelers. provides best product and quality by managing market share.
Cons
very aggressive advancement, growth.