Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 1,410 reviews matching the search
Great place to start
Food and Beverage Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 27, 2017
My time with Hyatt was amazing. I loved every minute, they seem to truly care about their staff and wants to see them grow and be successful. It is a great place in your 20s when you are starting out for the first time and trying to get a great understanding of a working environment. I worked at 5 different locations and enjoyed all of them but each one offers different ways to grow and importance in what is the right way to do things and the wrong way to do things. If you find a good one stay there and don't leave. Hyatt offers great benefits and a rounded culture that allows there employees to get involved in the community as well as network with others in the field. I would have stayed my entire career but not able to do to relocation needs
Pros
Free lunches, Caring enviroment
Cons
Long days, a lot of heavy lifting, constant moving for promotion
In recent years, the company standard is not in favor of the employees
Culinary Specialist Floater (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I worked less than 10% of my time with this company in my assigned position. I was regularly forced to work positions I was not hired for and openly told management I did not want to do. There were no raises after doing the job of multiple people, and never one recognition for going the extra mile to help my department as a whole. I made some fantastic friends, but the work life was a universal misery. Day after day I heard one person or group from every department say how much they hated the company and location. Never a positive word spoken.
Meeting new ppl and building relationships with my fellow workers
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 10, 2017
Hyatt has been very good to me over the years. I have made many lasting friendships as well as met my husband. I continue to learn new concepts and ideas each day while giving out my own helpful tips and knowledge. Serving is a very demanding job that requires you to think on your feet a lot and Hyatt gives us the ability to make certain choices ourselves to better assist the guest. That is a great feeling to know your management team
stands behind you and your decisions. All in all Hyatt is a great company to work for.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions, comp rooms, benefits
Cons
Working long hours and holidays
Nightmare hotel
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 14, 2016
Working at hyatt was the worst experience I had ever had. Management for sure has favorites and does not properly train their employees. Instead they are yelled at for making one little mistake . The Staff you work with in the exception of one or two Is horrible . And their behind the scenes standards about gossiping about their guests . And having a personal life is for sure out of the question. I worked every holiday and 8+ days in a row. Overall if you're thinking about applying at this hotel find something else .
Pros
free meals, good benefits
Cons
barely any pay raise, managers, staff, hours
great work place very supportive.
Line Cook/ Banquets (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 1, 2016
you come in t work and you punch in and depending on if you are in the main kitchen with is the Banquets you would go to the supervisor ask what are you task for the time being and who you should help out. If you are in the restaurant kitchen you would see what station you are at and than get the clip board with the list of what you have to prep depending on the time of your sift you may have to check all three station to make sure they are up to par for the next service. party much on the job train at times as well. co works are great there very friendly. the executive chef very great guide really knows his stuff on cooking but also plate up.
Pros
free lunch or dinner when you work that shift, pays above minimum wage
Cons
benefits are bit tricky to get depending on the status you are hired at.
No Work/Life Balance, Low Wages, Low Job Security
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2016
This review is for the Hyatt Corporate Office. It used to be a great company which was focused on the employees. Since 2010 after the company went public, things had changed. Every 2 years there are reorganizing and people are being asked to leave. Their work is given to those who are still employed, and it is expected that they do both jobs in a place of one without any salary increases. The company has many great ideas but only on paper. They are tying to show that they care for their employees and are very work/life balance focused, but with the amount of work it is impossible to succeed. Therefore, people are overworked, are expected to stay overtime, and yet they are not compensated for it. Due to all of the above, many employees who had been with the company for many years, are leaving.
Pros
401K, Healtcare, Paid Vacation, Paid Maternity Leave, Comp Hotel Rooms, Business Casual Dress Code
Cons
Working Lunches, Overtime, Reorg every two years, huge turnover
Good Company
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 14, 2017
It is a good company to work for. I enjoy my co-workers and they are very vaoluable and important. They have value and worth...The hardest part of the job is the amount of responsibility you have with each skill leval and no added compensation. We have a loyalty program and the tiers come with added stress levels

The most enjoyable part of the position is assisting guest wirth their reservations and handling escalated calls aiding in resolution. Being able to assist agents wih help as well. Answering their question or helping to assist with a guests reservation.
Pros
Amazing agents great team home away from home. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Non understanding managers. Looked at as a umber not an asset.
Great Opportunites with Hyatt
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 2, 2016
Hyatt has many opportunities to promote within. It really seems to be a goal to mentor current employees or to allow people to transfer from one property to another. Hyatt is also great at creating a team atmosphere with frequent planned department meetings and outings for staff and managers. This in turn helped employees respect each other in the work place.

Employees are working very very hard in any department of a busy hotel. With that said, recognition and compensation needs to be improved to make those employees feel appreciated.
Pros
Development Opportunties, Employee Cafeteria, Staff Bonding / Outings
Cons
Better Recognition, Micro-manage from top down, Overwork Employees
Good company if you want to be in hospitality
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Creek, TXOctober 7, 2016
my typical day consisted of daily scheduling of tasks to be completed. Assisting or completing these tasks with my team or on my own at times. Long hours exposed to the heat and cold working outside. Management at first was helpful and worked with you. Soon thereafter they sat back in their offices and preferred not to assist staff with daily jobs. Management for the associates that work outside daily needs improvement.
Pros
Good benefits, meals are only $1 in cafeteria, caring for employee concerns
Cons
long hours exposed to the heat and cold, lack of assistance with some managers
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2017
The hotel environment is really nice. Great management as well as tons of seasoned staff which makes the place a great location to learn and grow in. I was there a total of 9.5 years in multiple departments. The hotel goes out of its way to do many things for the employees. Accounting department is a wealth of knowledge and is involved with all of the hotel. Definitely a ton of work and always something that needs to be worked on.
Pros
People, activities, ability to learn/grow and benefits
Cons
Pay and work some holidays
Great company but.......
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2016
I enjoy working for hyatt. You get to meet people from different backgrounds, learn a word or two in their language, its fun. But, you have to make work fun.
My problem is with my supervisor. Really bad communication skills. You bring an issue to her attention, completely ignores you. Always forgetting to order supply, limiting employees to use equipment. Bad hiring process, new employees lazy, tardy, and frequent absentees (specially weekend). These people do as they pleased without reprimand, yet get the best schedule of all. Too much favoritism. Other than that, Hyatt is a good company but you need to go prepared to ignore all negativity and bad working ethic some may have.
Pros
Benefits, Good GM, Fun, Helping people to be their best
Cons
Poor communication by supervisor, extremely dirty guest
hard work little pay
Irrigation Tech Supervisor/Greens Keeper (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2016
Start time is at 530 am. Mowing greens/tee, collars and approaches/fairways or rough. cutting cups on greens, raking bunkers.
Irrigation is anything from watering greens/fairways, tees, collars approaches and/or rough to maintenance and/or repair leaks.
Management can be overbearing yet flexible. Little compensation for work done and little money put back into required materials.
Over all co-workers are fair workers.
Hardest part of job is frustration that management does not listen to suggestions and discipline with certain employees,
Most enjoyable part is repairing a major leak when no one else could/
Caring company
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 10, 2016
Hyatt is a great place to work, from associates to corporate management. Great communication throughout the company as well as incredible training and rapid advancement opportunities. Management always has an open door policy to discuss any issues. The company motto we care for people so they can be their best extends not only to guests but to employees as well.
Pros
fun place to work, meals provided, commission opportunities, good benefit structure, good benefits, i.e. free hotel stays
Very nice pool area and great new hotel
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2016
Very quiet place but plenty to do when it comes to cleaning. I took it upon myself to get things done other then just my job. I had some training in night auditor but it did not go very well. Remodeling the hotel caused a lot of issues with guests rates and plus changes in management within Housekeeping every few weeks was what made my job the hardest.
Pros
good places to each near hotel, benefits great
Cons
mess during remodeling, short break
Fast pace complex work environment.
Lead Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Here I was dedicated to a high demand for exceptional customer service and extreme attention to detail. Double verification of identity and payments due to high fraudulence and identity theft. I learned to easily identify fake bills and recreated ID's. Supervised and trained new hires and taught classes for newly promoted staff members.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unsafe area of town (greenspoint)
Great benefits, high stress environment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 10, 2016
I have enjoyed my experience with Hyatt and was very grateful for all of its benefits, but it became extremely stressful and even more so when taking classes for my bachelors. The pay was not compensating for the amount of work and stress required.
Pros
Free meal, discounted hotel stays, complimentary night stays, flexible hours, opportunity for job advancement
Cons
Work weekends, late shifts, low pay.
Opportunity to move up, terrible work life balance.
SOUS CHEF (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2016
Be prepared to give all of your time to the Hyatt as a manager. Some enjoy this, but the work life balance is terrible.

As a manager you have to be prepared to give it your all and sacrifice family time to be at work.
Pros
Lots of vacation time and benefits.
Cons
45-60 hour work weeks with no compensation
Great co-workers
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 12, 2016
Hard to balance work and personal life, working holidays, weekends, long hours, must relocate to advance, the team makes the difference, the people working in hospitality and love to customers are driven element
Pros
Great coworkers
Benefits
Awesome Place To Work
In-Room-Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2017
Working for Hyatt is one of the many benefits that I can proudly say I'm glad to have. Its like your working with friends and family. Everyone is working together to get the job done and making sure that our guests have amazing experiences while staying with us. I wouldn't leave Hyatt for the world.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Very fun, with friendly coworkers
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 15, 2016
Their is a strong culture at Hyatt, one that is centered around empowerment of workers. Since the ultimate goal is to treat guests very well, employees are treated well so they will be happy.
Pros
Plethora of positions to work in.
Cons
Benefits have been cut since franchisement.