Hyatt Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,186 reviews matching the search
Good Place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2016
Hyatt is a great place to work. They are very flexible and wages are competitive.

I have learned throughout the years to various cultures the employees represent and how beautiful it is to learn the different ways of life.
Loved the environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
I loved going to work everyday, it was a diverse culture and the Hyatt staff was amazing. We learned team skills and always helped one another to make everything run smoothly. The management was very understanding.
Pros
great perks
Cons
short breaks, lunch food wasn't very good
Good management, tough job
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Glendale, COJune 27, 2016
Management is great, you just have to have the right kind of mindset to work in this industry. Management will try to help you out as much as possible but it seems like certain regulations get in the way.
Productive and fun work environment
SERVER-BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 24, 2016
Easy and very fast paced. Simple instructions were given and you'd follow them. They were not harsh on you and they gave you a lenient amount of time to complete drink orders.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
A good learning and building experience of your character
Banquet Steward (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2016
Since I have been at the Hyatt Regency I have been loved by everyone in there. I also show them I love and care about them as well. The work there is easy. The more you learn the better you will become.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Heavy trash bins
Fun, energetic and filled with young professionals
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 24, 2016
Management was responsive to complaints, kind co-workers, HR did a good job of hiring and bringing in new talent. Hardest part of job was dealing with difficult/negative guests, but was always successful in reaching a middle ground with these guests, Most enjoyable part of job was meeting all of the traveling/ interesting guests.
Wonderful advancement opportunities and personal development
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Hyatt New YorkJune 18, 2016
The Hyatt is a wonderful company to work for, very fast paced and ever changing. Hyatt strives in empowering its colleagues to give a 100 percent and the opportunity to grow with the company. A typical day at work consists of guests from allover the world coming in to be checked in by my team and being greeted by me and being offered a bottle of water. My co-workers are generally kind and efficient and team players. Hardest part of the job was being sold out and not being able to accommodate last minute walkins that sometimes were going through some personal emergency. Best part of my job was being able to upgrade and surprise a guest who was coming for a special occasion or just needing a break with wine or cookies for the kids. Great place to be creative and make some one smile.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
very long hrs, sometimes 14 hrs plus
The quality of service was great
Steward (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 17, 2016
A typical day at the hyatt would be an event at the hotel. We would help with all of the distribution and clean up, making sure the event was running as smooth as possible. It was a very fast but productive environment.
Pros
A LOT OF WORK FUNCTIONS WITH GREAT FOOD
Cons
TURN OVER RATE WAS HIGH, CONSTANTLY HIRING NEW PEOPLE
Great Workplace, Organized, Awesome Employees
Corporate Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2016
I would go in and go to my scheduled department for the week and try to learn as much as I possibly could. Eventually after working in every department, I was sent to the outlets. I was trained to manage a team of servers. I helped setup the breakfast buffet everyday and made sure the transition from breakfast to lunch went smoothly. Everyday was always something different since there was always new groups staying at the hotel. The staff was very fun to work with because they had such great energy and I learned a lot from them. Management there is very helpful even though they already have enough to deal with themselves. They are always willing to help and hear people out. The hardest part of the job was being able to please everyone. There was always someone who disagreed with something whether it was a guest or an employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do something for a guest that went above and beyond any simple service already offered.
Pros
free meals, benefits, discounted rooms
Cons
parking fees
Fun work environment !
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the Hyatt. I made long lasting friendships with co-workers and learned the value of team. The environment is fast paced and there is never a dull shift . The food and beverage director as well as the general manager of the property are true gems.
Pros
Benefits are amazing
good work place with fun people
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 9, 2016
I kept the hotel bathrooms clean. Kept property clean and picked up all trash and other items.My co-workers were great people and all fun to work along side. Management was great and understanding and always tried to work with you if needed.
Pros
free lunches and discounts on hotel room
Cons
no room to move up in position
awesome job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2016
I worked here for 3 years I loved it you get to meet so many new people they do intern ships one of the best jobs I've had so far
Pros
Free lunch good benefits
Cons
Upper management expect wayyyyy to much
Unappreciated and poorly compensated for job expectations
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2016
There seems to be some inequity between the scale of pay, the positions and the work distribution. Expections for working hours and the distribution of responsibilities is unrealistic. The leadership does not want to act on any of the staff suggestions.
Pros
benefits program
Cons
leadership and compensation
Great place to work and amazing enviroment
Departmental Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20037June 7, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Hospitality industry. I learned so much about the hotel industry and enjoyed working in it.

I have friends from all over the world. From Germany to South America. From Hungry to South Korea. I have made some amazing lifelong friendships with some amazing people.
Pros
employees were great
Cons
short breaks and no holidays off
Productive and great work ethics
Managed all areas of restaurant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
Rotating manager for 3 restaurants, did line cooking, baking, expeditor, food and beverage controller. Most enjoyable is that I am an easy going person tat tried to listen to employees problems. The hardest was the long work hours some days.
Pros
Enjoyed being able to rotate to all areas of restaurant
Cons
Long hours some days, had to travel by train 40 minutes to get to job
Good job
PBX Operator Fulltime (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work was sitting in front of two screens, PBX and PC.
There were guidelines for answering the phones and takin guest requests. We were always busy taking calls. There were learning programs on the PC for you if you weren't busy to learn more about the programs for the hotel. There were only two employees in the room at one time. Three at change of shift in the afternoon. Sitting for hours was the hardest part. I would stand up often and prop my feet on a stool. I liked being busy it made the time go by very quickly. The people I worked with were great. I considered each one of them friends. Our supervisor and department head were great-informative and understanding. Their expectations of your work performance were very high.
Pros
We had a cafeteria type lunch room and the room was free.
Cons
Lots of pressure to handle each and every situation that arose with guests correctly was imperative.
Productive and always something different.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work was multitasking the whole day because we were a front desk agent, bartender, and a cook also. I gained so much experience in this job, my customer service improved A lot because of the quality service we had to give to our guest. Hardest part of the job would be managing everything by my self because most of the time management weren't around.
Not a fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2016
As a Price Line Guest of hyatt you will not get the same good treatment as a Guest that's paying regular price's. The Management treats the employee's as a lesser, its like a two teams working against one another.
Easy going evnviorent
Facility Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2016
Delt a lot with people and alot of team work because I work daily with a large team of people. I really liked working one on one with customers.
Pros
Workinng with customers
Cons
Didnt like the hours
fun workplace
Cashier / Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2016
I worked overnight so it didn't get as hectic for me as it would for a 2nd shift cashier but overall i liked it. Just had to make sure i kept up on myrest