Hyatt

1.2K reviews

Hyatt Employee Reviews

Great job while in high school.
Convention Services Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 29, 2015
Everyday I'd meet with co workers and set up the function tables. I learned my organization skills and how to get work done in a timely manner. What I enjoyed most was actually setting up the tables.
Best Job I ever Had
Steward (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Everything was Perfect
Cons: NO Complaints
I loved this Job because of the many things I got to experience while working there and I would love to go Back to the Hyatt someday and I would want to be back in Stewarding because I just loved it there.
The Haytt Touch !
Senior Assistant Food & Beverage Director (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
Luxury Manhattan Hotel

Step into the grand lobby of Grand Hyatt New York with a fabulous Midtown Manhattan setting, beautiful guestrooms and a professional, friendly staff. Just steps away from Grand Central Terminal, Grand Hyatt New York boasts an ideal Manhattan location, and from your hotel room it’s a pleasant stroll to Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Broadway theaters, restaurants and world-famous shopping areas.
I learned a great lot of things at this place.
Pastry Cook 3 (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 24, 2015
I have worked at this place for 3 years. It is busy hotel with great food. I've learned a lot of things there. It is fun place to work with supportive management but no room to grow. The best part of the hotel are great people.
Great product to sell, great people to work with
Director Of Corporate Sales, Andaz (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
People make the difference and Hyatt Hotels has highly motivated individuals that help make a difference in the daily experiences of our guest. It is a pleasure to work daily with such a great team.
Professional fun place
Fine dining and sommelier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Suppoertive management
Cons: Employee conflict at times
The Hyatt was a company that was very on top of their game. They were consistent and supportive of their staff. I truly enjoyed working here while I was in college as they provided a flexible schedule to accommodate my studies.
Great interaction with people and fun
Barista (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 19, 2015
I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Starbucks. It was fun learning all the recipes for the drinks and meeting new people.It was a nice place to work very fancy .
Very fun workplace.
Bells Man (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2015
Very great company to work for, great team of people that are only interested in providing the best guest service possible.
Fast-paced and forever interesting
Front Office Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh International AirportAugust 16, 2015
I enjoy face to face customer service with both our guests and our staff. Meeting guests, & especially those from other areas of the country & world since the Pittsburgh airport is international, allows me glimpses into the lives of many people.
very fast pace
Contact housekeeping (Former Employee), Palm Spring CaAugust 14, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: none i can remember
I loved it and it was very hard work.Our manager was great and treated us very fair.We got bonuses and prizes for the hard work.
Casual
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee), Houston TexasAugust 13, 2015
Pros: schedule and benefits
Cons: pay was not that great
A typical day at work was busy and everything just flow perfectly. I learned to utilize my skills in the kitchen and it gave me hotel experience. Management was great and very professional and co-workers were nice as well. There really was no hard part about this job. The most enjoyable part was the schedule was always the same.
okay place to work
Suite Attendant (Former Employee), Hoover, ALAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast and lunch daily
Cons: short breaks, alot of assignments
Okay to work but management not very helpful when it comes to being short handed, Learned how to use shortcuts of cleaning , the hardest part was getting to guest to leave, the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Always busy, but great support system
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Medford, MAAugust 11, 2015
Although it's the same routine everyday, it's always a different experience. Great company, and great potential of growth, and great networking as well!!
its an ok job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), newport, Rhode IslandAugust 11, 2015
Pros: lunch was provided
Cons: management wasn't good
Really did not like how the managers handled certain situations, and left me on my own when i was not ready to be left alone .
Employees are fun to work, with made life long friendships
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Made life long friendships
Cons: Pay, no free lunches, no support from management
I worked hard for Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six for 2 and half years doing doubles and dedicating a lot of my time, blood, sweat and tears literally. This job has no structure the upper heads dont to much talk to you unless they feel like it or when they need something. I went through 3 GMs and 3 front office Managers in 2 and half years. Their is a lot of turn overs and almost in every department at this hotel. A lot of work for very little money. Managers are incapable of dealing with conflict. And yeah theirs favorites if your not one of theirs, they'll throw you out before you can say the word HAPPY. Ask a lot of questions and think on it first before deciding to work for this company.
work with the company almost 28 years
Banquet/kitchen office admin asst (Current Employee), Banquet dept.August 10, 2015
great place to work. worked several different positions in the hotel and several departments. I worked in the accounting department for over 20 years and then they restructured and eliminated the payroll position so I became the admin office asst, in the banquet dept.
Good company, fun workplace, low pay.
Customer Service Representative/Team Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2015
Good company who takes care of their employees, they offer a fun work atmosphere with game room and free cafeteria, when I was there they hourly wage was $9 per hour, but I would imagine due to inflation they are are now slightly higher.
Great hotel to work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
This is a great place to work and advance your career. Management is great and its not stressful. Co-workers worked with very well together to achieve the goal.
Lot's Of Work, Get Paid Little Money
Houseman (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Free Meals-Discounts To Stay In Other Hotels
Cons: Housemen Didn't Get Paid Much.
I had fun working at The Westin Downtown Hotel, I just didn't feel I was getting paid enough working there. I found a new job shortly after I was hired there due to the amount of money I was being paid.
productive and demanding
Security officer overnight (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAAugust 6, 2015
not the easiest job in the world but i did learn allot defentely look at the world diffrently. was defenetly the most demanding jobs out there
Headquarters