Hyatt Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,206 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Indian Wells, CAJuly 11, 2016
Throughout the years, working at the Hyatt has been a great experience from the beginning. Walking in as other co-workers greet each other makes it such a welcoming environment. Managers treat us with respect and believe in us to get the job done. The hardest part of my job is probably the rush before an event to get everything set-up properly and in time. The most enjoyable part is seeing the guests come in and see their banquet set-up definitely gives me pride in my work and I think to myself yes I did this.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
expensive healthcare
Employee Cafeteria and fun environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2016
I show up and set up large parties, then serve them, then break them down and clean them up.

I learned to work more organized as a team of up to sixty people.

Management is hypocritical but some care and bend over backwards to help you.

Co workers are under qualified and cannot work well under pressure.

The hardest part of the job is to get any sort of set schedule.

Being at the massive parties and meeting all of the Government Officials.
Pros
$38-$43 on average per hour
Cons
Unpredictableable hours and schedule
Very busy and productive place to work in
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 9, 2016
It has always been a very busy environment but enjoyable, learned something different everyday and meet amazing people. As a front desk agent my job consist of checking guest in and out, assisting guest at the bar and also preparing food from a selective menu.
The hardest thing about the job is how attached we get to the guest and then seeing them leave, like I said previously I have meet some amazing people.
A diverse workplace with a lot of fun and interesting people
Overnight Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2016
A typical day at work consist of thousands of guests at the hotel waiting for the best experience possible. I have learned empathy and to put others needs before my own. My management style is servant -leadership. I like to get in with my people and work alongside them to understand their needs. My co-workers are great people with very diverse personalities. The hardest part of my job is to think of new an interesting ways to motivate my employees to work for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is increasing my knowledge which gains me more respect from my co-workers.
Pros
Free complimentary rooms, Free parking, and friends and familydiscounts
Cons
An extremely large hotel. 1, 285 rooms.
Hyatt Hotels
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2016
Hyatt Hotels gave me the best training in the hospitality industry. I was a Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper twice, and a Rooms Executive twice.
The properties were located in Dearborn, MI, Scottsdale, AZ, Dallas, Ft. Worth and Sarasota.
I also was a Resident Manager at a full service Marriott in Troy, MI and a General Manager of a Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Livonia, MI
Pros
Excellent Training, Wonderful properties
Cons
Although enjoyed traveling to different parts of the contry, it did not leave me with a good balance with my personal life
It is a fun place to work
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKMay 17, 2016
The Hyatt Shared Service Center is a great place to work for people who aren't looking to advance and are content with the idea of having a job and receiving a raise every year. The culture is fun, but the pay is low, especially if you have a degree and they operate off of the buddy system. Most of the people in management worked together at either Dell or AOL. At this office, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
Pros
Company activities
Cons
Pay and fair advancement opportunities
Productive and great work ethics
Managed all areas of restaurant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
Rotating manager for 3 restaurants, did line cooking, baking, expeditor, food and beverage controller. Most enjoyable is that I am an easy going person tat tried to listen to employees problems. The hardest was the long work hours some days.
Pros
Enjoyed being able to rotate to all areas of restaurant
Cons
Long hours some days, had to travel by train 40 minutes to get to job
Fun, energetic and filled with young professionals
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 24, 2016
Management was responsive to complaints, kind co-workers, HR did a good job of hiring and bringing in new talent. Hardest part of job was dealing with difficult/negative guests, but was always successful in reaching a middle ground with these guests, Most enjoyable part of job was meeting all of the traveling/ interesting guests.
Productive and always something different.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work was multitasking the whole day because we were a front desk agent, bartender, and a cook also. I gained so much experience in this job, my customer service improved A lot because of the quality service we had to give to our guest. Hardest part of the job would be managing everything by my self because most of the time management weren't around.
Great place to work and amazing enviroment
Departmental Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20037June 7, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Hospitality industry. I learned so much about the hotel industry and enjoyed working in it.

I have friends from all over the world. From Germany to South America. From Hungry to South Korea. I have made some amazing lifelong friendships with some amazing people.
Pros
employees were great
Cons
short breaks and no holidays off
Hyatt Is truly a great please to work
Operations Administration (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 24, 2016
I have work at Hyatt Regency for 12 years. It has wonderful people great benefits and the support system is amazing. If your looking for a life time career the Hyatt would be the place for you. I have promoted from one position to the next within the company with full support of all my staff. Hyatt gives back to the community is very big on recycling, and preserving the earth. They support continuing education for the employees for any degree not just hospitality. They truly care for their employees as individuals.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
In high demand its hard to get a job.
Extrodinary
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 25, 2016
I loved every minute of my job at the Hyatt Hotel. It was very much a family atmosphere. The general manager very actively made sure that you knew you were valued. I got to check in people from all over the world which taught me a lot about different cultures. I also made it my job to make sure everyone left with a smile on their face and went the extra mile for people who looked like they had a challenging day. I loved the fact that a simple gesture of good will could completely change the persons mood and even the trajectory of their day overall.
I enjoyed the employees that work here.
Vitascope Server (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 2, 2016
The Hyatt needs help in the organization category. Working in an unorganized setting can make the job very hectic. Being a server can already be a challenging job by itself, but when you are constantly under staffed and one person has to do the job of 3 others as well as their own it makes for a very stressful work environment.
Pros
Great employees and friendly environment.
Cons
No organization at all.
Fun workplace and working in Hyatt they became my second family
Server and Server Assitant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioApril 24, 2016
We are working as a team and as a family. They care about their employees, Instead of bringing us down just because we did something wrong, they're going to cheer us up. We help each other, We listen very well to each other. I've learned that being open to what we feel to makes our workplace fun, comfortable and better. I love my co-workers because we shared ideas, experiences, our knowledge. The hardest part was leaving them but the memories will stay in my heart forever.
Pros
Free food, Access to gym, computers, free coffees, paid overtime, we only work 40 hours a week
Great experience, always quality
Executive Sous Chef/Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMay 27, 2016
I came in as an ex-tern from CIA, luckily The Hyatt was open to broadening the careers of young chefs. I worked every station in the hotel and that allowed me to grow within the company. I went through the ranks to executive chef and enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Hyatt took care of their employees
Cons
Holidays, weekend, nights...missed my son growing up.
productive day setting for the guest stay
Hyatt Regency Phoenix (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2016
At the Hyatt Regency Phoenix I have learned what it takes to set a meeting space for our guest needs, and make sure that their stay is a pleasant experience.. The best part of my job is working with my fellow employees, and the worst part is having to stay late nights. At the hyatt regency phoenix i have become more focused to detail and so I hope to use my current skills for my future job..
Pros
best coeworkers, tuition reinbursment
Cons
long nights
Unappreciated and poorly compensated for job expectations
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2016
There seems to be some inequity between the scale of pay, the positions and the work distribution. Expections for working hours and the distribution of responsibilities is unrealistic. The leadership does not want to act on any of the staff suggestions.
Pros
benefits program
Cons
leadership and compensation
Friendly, welcoming, and social workplace
Maintenance/Public Space Cleaner/Houseman (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILMay 4, 2016
Friendly and motivating management who listen to and work with their associates to help create a fun and relaxed work environment. Hard work was noticed right away to open doors for advancing opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the friendly staff and getting to meet and interact with the varying guests.
Learning and Growing
Reservation/Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be interacting with guest, I currently work at a 773 room hotel, I've learned to be compassionate and Listening to the guest needs, I now work as an Front Desk Supervisor, I get along great with co-worker were like family, the hardest part about the job would be overselling the the hotel and walking the guest to the nearest hotel, I hate to see a dissatisfied guest. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a guest bring you thank you gifts for helping them, when you least expected, and having guest satisfaction.
Pros
we can take our break pretty much when we want, as long as we communicate
Cons
we've been sold 4 times, and not sure what's going to happen next.
Typical day at work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2016
Greeted and registered guests and issued room keys.
Processed guest payments for room charges, food and beverage charges and phone charges.
Recommended top dining and entertainment options for guests in the Chicago area.
Performed bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
Assisted guests with any special requests during their visits.
Recorded guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
Pros
I had the opportunity to interact with a lot of new people