Hyatt Employee Reviews

review
Executive Chef/Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Working here I was exposed to the wants and needs of the senior citizen population. It was a challenge to provide good tasting food that met all the dietary needs of the population
A great opportunity to learn
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 18, 2018
A great Food and beverage director he really provided a great learning environment. I'm glad I was able to have this experience because it provided great personal growth.
The Enjoyment of working at the Hyatt Hotel
on call Banquet Bartender and Wait staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2018
The Hyatt is a great place to work for, but this is not my primary employment. I work as a full time bartender at the Double Tree North.
I have worked for the Hyatt for 9 years and have enjoyed it greatly.
The work environment is how the Boston Hotels are rated as top to work at or visit.
I enjoy the different clientele that comes to the Hyatt. I am very much a people person, so I truly enjoy the hospitality industry.
Pros
discount at other Hyatt hotels
Cons
not enough hours
Great summer job only, dont do the career
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95814February 16, 2018
The rate of pay is terrible. Managers are also terrible with agendas that only involve there advancements within the company. They will use you to sabotage another manager. Just stay away, trust me.
Pros
tips, cafateria food, and people
Cons
everything else
Not enough workers
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Prepared meeting rooms and ballrooms.I learned team work is very important.The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was a short crew but we still strived to get it done .
busy property and the demanding of labor very intensive, dont see myself future here.
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2018
very busy property, I think my time here its something that I have to look forward in life am still working here but I need to look for a better opportunity.
Pros
ownership and management good company to work for.
Cons
internal management.
Great co-workers and Immediate Supervisor
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2018
A typical day consisted of much walking of the grounds, responding to any/all emergency calls. Taking reports for guests, logging of lost/found property, assisting emergency personnel that responded to the grounds and patrolling via security vehicle the outer grounds of the buildings and parking area.
Pros
Free guest passes to the amusement parks.
Cons
Last Security Director was not very professional towards his officers.
Franchisee
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2018
This review is not based on Hyatt Corporate. Many of the Hyatt hotels are owned and managed by third party companies and that is where you need to be careful.
Excellent Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
I really enjoyed my time spent at Hyatt, they really understand a work/ personal life balance. The Management was always willing to help and very understanding.
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2018
When I worked at Hyatt House, I had lots of fun and built new relationships with my fellow employees, but after a while, I felt the need for a change and decided to move to a different location.
Great place to work at
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2018
its ok they have great benefits and you will make your hours, they have free food during break , they have a cafeteria where everyone goes to eat and they also have break room for the employees
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break, favoritism
Good place to learn
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2018
Hyatt was great to work for and learned alot related to the IOS implementation. Very collaborative and transparent in the execution of projects and use of resources.
Productivity
Guest relation/front desk agent (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYFebruary 14, 2018
I have learn so much in bit of time. It is a great experience and will definitely willing to again. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The
area is busy and nice.
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 13, 2018
I loved my job here but the management before the change was horrible.. They took advantage of being a manger position to the extreme.. But overall i worked hard to make my paychecks and sometimes not leaving until 8pm and going at 8am that morning.
Fun Workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 13, 2018
The management was good. She trained me for one week then left me to train with the other FT bartender to get accustomed to how he operated. She trusted the people because she did not hover over her employees.
Pros
Free gift every year
bad experience
Assistant to VP of IT & Club Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Working for the Hyatt corporation was an overall bad experience. I would not recommend them as an employer to anyone seeking a fulfilling position or environment.
fun place to work
SPA Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 13, 2018
A nice place to work
Learning and dealing with different people everyday
Small space to grow
Have a nice benefits
Free lunch and Parking
they provide 3 pairs of uniforms
Intense but core building
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 13, 2018
I believe hospitality can be rewarding but challenging. My team works really well together but it was challenging at first because the hotel opened way too early.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
The schedule flexibility
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 12, 2018
the place was fun to work at especially being that it was a diverse workplace. Management was always there for the staff and made the workplace a fun environment place to work in.
Pros
free lunches
Great Enviroment!!!
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2018
Hyatt is a very good company to work for. I loved the long term stay family hotels. There was many ways to learn other departments duties. They offer great benefits, opportunities, and a work family that makes you feel at right at home.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
N/a