Hyatt
1,058 reviews

Hyatt Employee Reviews

great place
Gallery host (Former Employee), dublin, caMay 29, 2015
One of my favorite jobs even though I wasnt there long. The things i did were great i enjoyed joining the hospitality environment. I would most defiantly love to do again if possible.
Good energy
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Positive energy from staff
Cons: Days off are not consistent
A typical day at the hyatt regency huntington beach consists of ensuring rooms are up to standards and ready for guest checkin.
Also ensuring that vip guests are always comfortable and satisfied with their stay. Supervising 13-16 people a day constantly giving support and positive energy to keep my team on track for a productive day.
Great place to work!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great atmosphere and co-workers
Cons: short break, compensation not adequate
Great place to work! Hourly pay not sufficient for assistants, unless you still live at home. Everyone is extremely nice and the work isn't too hard.
Great place to make connections
CONCIERGE (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 25, 2015
Pros: Constantly meet all types of people and become very diverse in you interactions.
Cons: Hotels never close so you will be required to work holidays at time.
If you're looking to network and create friends in many business aspects, working for one of the largest hotels in the country is the way to do it. You would be surprised how many different types of people you will come across and how willing they are to help you with your plans.
loved working for hyatt place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), hoover, alMay 25, 2015
Pros: co workers was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons: no cons just great place to work
I loved it!!!!! was the best job i ever had!!!!! love my work family and the guest that stayrd with us, wish i would have stayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
examples
Valet/ Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 25, 2015
Maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality. Enjoy metting people from all culters and different country and states.
High demanding environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2015
Great company. You will make plenty of mistakes just make sure you learn from them. You're always on your toes. Helps to be a quick learner. I always took notes. I often did overtime during the busy season. Some of management was more forgiving than others, some were more stern. Helps to have thick skin but not necessary as you will learn what to take in and brush off.
Great place to get your foot in the door
Gallery Host (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJMay 19, 2015
Decent hotel to work at. It is very challenging working there since an employee wears many hats. You do front desk duties as well as many others, such as driving the shuttle, preparing break when put in the kitchen during the am shift, cleaning tables and vacuuming the floors, cooking food from the cafe menu.
I love coming to work everyday
Hostess (Current Employee), Lahaina, HIMay 16, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Causal postion doesnt have all benfits
A typical day at work would be a fun energetic environment that is face paced and something that teaches us all something new everyday. I learn something new everyday but what I have learned so far is to always have fun while keeping it professional, making sure guests need are all met they are what make us the great place that we are. My co-workers are amazing everyone always has a smile and saying hello and goodbye. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming in I love to go into work its always something new and my coworkers are so much fun to be around its like home away from home.
Great place to work! Great restaurant management team!
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2015
Great place to work! Friendly coworkers, made everyone feel like part of the family. Management was great in restaurant (where I worked), but no room for advancement at the time for me. Miscommunication throughout the hotel from other departments, however the restaurant team worked excellent together.

Overall, great place to work at.
Laid back work environment with great pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 15, 2015
Pros: Great pay while having fun
Cons: Had to tend bar at times
Knoxville is not a large town, and many celebrities, bands, and athletes would stay at the Hyatt (now the Marriott), and our department (room service) would get to wait on them and often assist with private parties held in their rooms. Room service was responsible for bringing food and beverage items to guests hotel rooms. This job really honed my math skills since we had to make change on the spot. Management expected professionalism but encouraged having a great time at work. My co-workers were salt of the earth and we all worked together well. The hardest part of this job was bar tending. Learning all of the drinks was not my forte. It was all you could ask for in a job, physical exercise, meeting amazing people, having fun in the back of house, and the pay was outstanding.
Enjoyed interacting with guests and co workers.
server assistant (Former Employee), coconut pointMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free cafeteria, interacting with guests
Cons: minimum pay, constant changing of managers
Unfortunately during the four years I was there the restaurant management was constantly changing. I really enjoyed my first year there, the managers were efficient, held meetings and made sure all the employees were on the same page. However as time went on it began to seem like we had a new manager/managers every 3-6 months. They lacked organizational skills and in my opinion were extremely under qualified. Not only are the managers constantly changing/quitting/or being fired, but the remainder of tanglewood staff is as well. I do miss interacting with guests however this job is not worth minimum pay. The benefits are great but very few people in the restaurant I worked in were able to qualify due to not receiving enough hours.
fun palce to work
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAMay 12, 2015
The Hyatt in Palm springs was wonderful job meet great guests helped check in and out give tourist information. Staff great work for.
Overall a great hotel to work for
Server Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 11, 2015
I was terminated for attendance but the opportunites, offers, wages and culture in this hotel makes it very good place to work for.
Fun environment with helpful staff
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Friendly Staff, Staff Meal, Great Environment, Medallia
Cons: Poor Managment
The Hyatt Regency Buffalo was one of my favorite places to work. I was able to meet people from all over the world all in one place. A typical day consisted of doing staff work before the night started and to get the place clean. Next the guest would arrive and it was our job to make each and every guest feel as they were at home. This could simply start by telling guest about the city of Buffalo to listening to their own stories of where they are from. Of course we also served guest their meals and prepared their drinks. Our main goal was to make sure every guest walked out of the restaurant extremely happy. I've learned many different skills from this establishment including bar-tending and general social skills. I've also had at times had to handle the restaurant, bar, and room service all at once, so I have acquired impressive multitasking skills. I can easily say my co-workers made up my social friend group as well. We always got along and worked together wonderfully.
Great Place to work for college students
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Friendly Work enviornment
Cons: Non equal opportunity workplace
Love working for hyatt.The first couple of years were great but as new people come in and new mangement is placed things change. sometimes for the better sometimes for the worst. At the end of the day make it always make a job worth it.
Good Workplace To Gain Experience
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Working At The Hyatt Hotel I Learned A lot About How To Treat Customers. The Hotel's motto was that the customer is always right and that helped me when i would engage with guest. the hardest part of the job was cleaning toilets every 10 to 20 minutes. The most enjoyable part was engaging with guests and knowing that you can give them a helping hand when they're in need.
Regency Gift Shop of Manchester Financial in the Hyatt Enjoyed working with a diverse group of coworkers and customers
Lead Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: the store closed
Opening of store, making sure all employees were available for shifts, retaining, dispersing and balancing cash drawers and vault. Orderning and receiving merchandise, tagging and displaying. Facillitating with Invoices, purchase orders and vendors. Breaking and scheduling coworkers. Managing a safe store for employees and customers.
I learned to work in a seasonal mode by following who stayed in hotel or conferences going on in the hotel or convention center. There was always dates to follow for different events and to make sure we had the right type of merchandise for each group.
Management I enjoyed helping coworkers learn to respect one another for their differnces and work together as a team.
I enjoyed making customers happy when they had came into our store upset from an incident outside or being able to turn around any concerns they had with our outfit.
At times the hardest part would be if there were coworkers calling out at last minute and having to cover schedule with another employee or just make sure that those at work knew that we would share responsibilities and do so having a good attitude.
I very much so enjoyed meeting and assisting so many diverse people from the U.S. and around the world.
Great Place to work
Reservationist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2015
This is an amazing place to work!! Plenty of benefits!!! Work load is ok and management is wonderful. Job is pretty straight forward.
Night Manager (Former Employee), NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: meet great people
Cons: short breaks
Checking in guest, greeting all different types of people. fast paced, high stress environment. The co workers were great, worked very hard as a team. location is superb and the building was new

1 2 3 4 5

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more

Hyatt Salaries