Hyatt

Hyatt Employer Reviews

A World of Change
Gallery Host (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSJanuary 25, 2015
You may never know just who you maybe entertaining at any giving moment. You have the oppertunity to meet people from just about every part of the country! Work is nornally very productive and my co-workers are very much so a team! The hardest part of my day I would say is standing on my feet for eight hours but I really enjoy my guest! You have a chance to put a smile on their faces and a lot of them are regulars, so you learn them by name.
It was fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chicago llinoisJanuary 21, 2015
I always had a great day going into the work place. I learned how to communicate well with customers. I got along well with my co- worker we worked together as a team. There wasnt nothing hard about the job I caught on well the most enjoyable part about the job was making sure everything was organized and sanitized.
Advancement opportunities are encouraged, good benefits
Assistant Director of Finance (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hourly wages, long hours
Working for Hyatt Hotels Corporation allows great opportunities for advancement. The support and encouragement to continue learning and growing with the company are outstanding. A typical day will involve interactions with every department of the hotel, even indirectly. It also includes interactions with 2 different divisions of the outsourced processes, which provides opportunities to learn about others from around the world.
Hyatt is a great company to work for, especially if you're motivated to advance your career.
Great Place to work
Reservation Agent in Voice Ops (Former Employee), Marion, ILJanuary 18, 2015
Management is wonderful, great people, great events for others!
Very relaxed and welcoming work place
Front Desk clerk (Former Employee), Chantilly, VirginaJanuary 16, 2015
Every day was different one day I would be at the front desk the next in the kitchen and even a shuttle driver. I learned a lot from my supervisor she showed me how to properly check guest in and out how to complete room blocks make reservations and audit. Management was good they were really understanding with any needs and issues. I have no complaints about co-workers we all just minded our own business and got the job done. The hardest part of the job was just memorizing everything when I started but after that it was a walk in the park. The best part of my job was the feeling of success after learning the system and being able to confidently complete any task.
Fun place to work that challenges you and rewards you
Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free meals, free comp room nights
Cons: overworked
You get to be a part of some amazing projects and have the ability to take certain ones on yourself with full support from the leadership team. Growth is available but most of the time it may require relocating.
Great for entry level if you can afford it
Cook II (Former Employee), Driskill-Austin TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: low cost meals
Cons: job loading
Management was great. Pay was awful. They expect total commitment and in return they are a loyal management team. For the city I was working in, the pay did not allow for you to have a livable working wage even with a degree. Inconsistent schedule and amount of hours.
Great company
Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free hotel nights and discounts
Mon-Fri, corporate environment that strives towards employee satisfaction
Very interesting and fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Independence, OHJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: benefits/good team/good experience
Cons: no carier growth/not my field of study.
As a Gallery Host at this work place I learned a lot, a great customer service skills, interpersonal communication skills, great team work, very flexible schedule and responsivness of management team. I like this place so much to work and I've been working here for 6.5 years.
As a Gallery Host at the Hyatt Place Hotel I have multi-tasking job responsibilities. I provide corporate standart customer service to the guests, answering the phone calls, making/modifying/canceling reservations, explaining financial responsibilities for services received, payment options and collection procedures to guests and/or parties responsible for payments, identifying and resolving issues related to registration, financial clearance, and charges, working with cash/check/credit cards deposits. Performed shift opening duties, including counting cash drawers and checking all equipment for proper functioning. I have experience with working Opera/WinPM systems, including Office edition. I serve as the bilingual Russian/English customer service representative. I, also, cover the Housekeeping Supervisor shift. The responsibilities for this duty include assigning boards, organizing staff, tracking house statuse.
Productive work place
Asst Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2015
The daily registration, account settlement and communications services provided by all colleagues in the department. In addition, this role will prepare and assist with the arrival process of our guest in coordination with several departments to ensure maximum guest satisfaction. The experience of the guest will encompass the entire life cycle of the guest experience beginning with hotel selection, arrival and post stay communication.
Brand fit
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2015
My coworkers are the best part about work. Research the brands within the portfolio and pick the one that you will fit best.
Job duties
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), BaltimoreJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: inconsistency of enforcing policies
As a front desk clerk I performed many clerical duties such as: answer telephones, screen and direct calls, organize, prioritize duties, sort mail and maintain confidentiality. Providing every guest with exceptional customer service and maintaining monthly quotas in guest enrollment and check-in scores is a skill I exceeded in perpetually. Other duties as a front desk clerk include but are not limited to: check-in / check-out guests, book reservations (hotel, dinner and city attractions) and maintain room status availability.
Culture is good, benefits can't be beat
Assistant F&B Manager (Former Employee), Santa Ana Pueblo, NMJanuary 6, 2015
Great benefits
room rate discounts
comp nights
works management/salaried too much
Good money
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), Marion, ILJanuary 5, 2015
This is a great transitional job with good potential to save money. I received a lot of great customer service experience and skills. However the company is constantly changing policies and it's difficult to keep up. There is a high turnover rate.
Exellent place to work at!
Banquet Server Representative (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: no benefits since i am on call
A typical day at Grand Hyatt Bethesda would be setting up for a function. Setting up tables, which include table pads, linen, silverware, wine and water glasses. butter plates. Pre setting salads.
What I have learned from working at Grand Hyatt Bethesda is that it's imperative to take really good care of each guest because they are potential guests of the hotel in the future. The guests are the voice of the hotel. Management is an excellent team. My co-workers are honest caring helpful people to work with. The hardest part of the job is when we don't have the product the guest request. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the guests.
A friendly and supportive work environment.
Workforce Management Configuration Specialist (Former Employee), Moore, OKJanuary 2, 2015
Hyatt is an excellent company to work for. Managers are very friendly, supportive and concerned with the success of their direct reports. There are Lunch and Learns each month, covering topics which provide information to make associates more savvy in financial and self-help areas.
professional atmosphere
Banquet Captain (Former Employee), CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: job experience, salary
Cons: management
typical banquet facilities that has many cultural and llearning posiblities. Many differences between management in job deverse and execution styles, Management promised and didn't deliver on the promisse. Most area missed of the job is the employee family atmosphere.
Work hard and you'll go far
Supervisor of the Reservations Department (Former Employee), All over NJDecember 25, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria, 401k, medical, life insurance
Cons: if you're not a hard worker, you won't get far.
If you keep working at it, and don't slack off, keep asking for something else to do, (and there is always something more to do) you can progress rather quickly through the company. It is an intense work environment, and you might have dreams in the format of ledgers. You might sometimes take work home with you, and you will often get work related phone calls on your days off.
Family
Event Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2014
Working for Hyatt is like working for a family. Worldwide opportunities and room for growth. If you want to move up, this is the place to start!
Front Desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 14, 2014
Pros: worked alone, was alwasy busy, customer sevices
Cons: no maangement see
This was a place that made you feel rich. I learned a lot of front desk duties and what it takes to work at a hotel. Management was never really seen, so I cant tell you any thing. I worked alone behind the desk.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hyatt

Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests – Read more