Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 1,306 reviews matching the search
Great workplace
Kitchen Lead (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXNovember 9, 2016
The Grand hyatt is a wonderful place to work at been there for 7 years. I would come in the mornings help the breakfast cook and set up lunch as well for service. Interact with guests daily, our kitchen is a open setting. Customers would come up and watch us and ask questions. Occasionally take out food to guests and make sure they have what they need after dropping off the plate at there table. It a face paced environment, constantly moving.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
canceled fli
Caring company
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 10, 2016
Hyatt is a great place to work, from associates to corporate management. Great communication throughout the company as well as incredible training and rapid advancement opportunities. Management always has an open door policy to discuss any issues. The company motto we care for people so they can be their best extends not only to guests but to employees as well.
Pros
fun place to work, meals provided, commission opportunities, good benefit structure, good benefits, i.e. free hotel stays
Hotel Life Busy
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
This was my first job in this atmosphere had never worked at a hotel as busy and big place that was in the city. Customer service was a must. I learned how to work with all kinds of people and cultures. My co workers from all over and that was something that I like a lot because no one person was the same. Management was great had a lot of different people telling me what to do and being able to adjust was fine. Enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people on a everyday basics.
Pros
Flexible sch, pay weekly, bonus
Cons
Sometime no lunch
Very nice pool area and great new hotel
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2016
Very quiet place but plenty to do when it comes to cleaning. I took it upon myself to get things done other then just my job. I had some training in night auditor but it did not go very well. Remodeling the hotel caused a lot of issues with guests rates and plus changes in management within Housekeeping every few weeks was what made my job the hardest.
Pros
good places to each near hotel, benefits great
Cons
mess during remodeling, short break
hard work little pay
Irrigation Tech Supervisor/Greens Keeper (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2016
Start time is at 530 am. Mowing greens/tee, collars and approaches/fairways or rough. cutting cups on greens, raking bunkers.
Irrigation is anything from watering greens/fairways, tees, collars approaches and/or rough to maintenance and/or repair leaks.
Management can be overbearing yet flexible. Little compensation for work done and little money put back into required materials.
Over all co-workers are fair workers.
Hardest part of job is frustration that management does not listen to suggestions and discipline with certain employees,
Most enjoyable part is repairing a major leak when no one else could/
The worst restaurant I have ever worked in.
Server (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 14, 2016
I would not recommend working in this restaurant if you have substantial experience. It has been hands down thee worst place I have ever spent my time. It is not ran by mgmt, it is ran by selfish, lazy staff who want to be anywhere else but at work. Mgmt just avoids holding them accountable. That's ok, they can keep them, I'll move on.
Not the bar thou, they were hard working, kind and focused. The thing that kills me thou is Hyatt motto is.."we care for people so they can do their best.."
Pros
There is a nice gym, get 50% off meals
Cons
2 tables in 3.5 hours, tons of side work, because short staffed. NO breaks unless you beg
Productive and fun place to work at.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MPOctober 12, 2016
Working in Hyatt is based on professionalism. They are very specific on how you should dress, greet, approach a guest, and/ or avoid unprofessional contact with hotel guests. Hotel guests are very important and our main goal is to put a smile and promote tourism and adversity. Any treatment requested by hotel guests or non hotel guests in the iSagua Spa is to performed with rich culture and respect. Customer satisfactory is our main goal.
Pros
Free lunch, uniform washed everyday, employee discount, etc.
Cons
Short break, healthcare, etc.
Good company if you want to be in hospitality
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Creek, TXOctober 7, 2016
my typical day consisted of daily scheduling of tasks to be completed. Assisting or completing these tasks with my team or on my own at times. Long hours exposed to the heat and cold working outside. Management at first was helpful and worked with you. Soon thereafter they sat back in their offices and preferred not to assist staff with daily jobs. Management for the associates that work outside daily needs improvement.
Pros
Good benefits, meals are only $1 in cafeteria, caring for employee concerns
Cons
long hours exposed to the heat and cold, lack of assistance with some managers
Always an experience
Server/Floater (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2016
The day to day operation at a hotel is always going to depend on the guests staying in house. Between different shows and events there was always something new to learn, be apprised of. Hospitality is a flux field and as such my management team shifted constantly, this forever made for new rules and personalities to deal with, highly difficult. The people, co-worker and guest alike, are what made the job enjoyable.
Fast paced Work Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2016
My experience with Hyatt Hotels Corporation consisted of daily deadlines to meet and exceed Client's expectations.

I completed more than 10 Hotel Renovations while managing million dollar budgets.

My ability to leverage strengths from relationships within Hyatt and with my vendors, enabled me to problem solve when issues arose in order to meet deadlines set by the client.

The hardest part of this job was to be flexible with deadlines set by the client, and successfully meeting those deadlines by going the extra mile.

I most valued my relationships with my team and with my vendors on each project. This was the basis for completing the projects on time and within budget.
Pros
Work culture.
Cons
A lot of travel, and late hours
Great benefits, high stress environment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 10, 2016
I have enjoyed my experience with Hyatt and was very grateful for all of its benefits, but it became extremely stressful and even more so when taking classes for my bachelors. The pay was not compensating for the amount of work and stress required.
Pros
Free meal, discounted hotel stays, complimentary night stays, flexible hours, opportunity for job advancement
Cons
Work weekends, late shifts, low pay.
Very fun and busy work day
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2016
Working at the Hyatt was very fun and fast pace. You never knew what kind of day you were going to have when you came into work. I have dealt with a variety of customers and helped with with their problems and concerns. The things I learned while interning at the Hyatt were: compassion, responsibility, and how to have fun at work. The co-workers and managers that I worked with were incredible. They made work so much fun and I hardly ever had a bad day at work.
Great company but.......
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2016
I enjoy working for hyatt. You get to meet people from different backgrounds, learn a word or two in their language, its fun. But, you have to make work fun.
My problem is with my supervisor. Really bad communication skills. You bring an issue to her attention, completely ignores you. Always forgetting to order supply, limiting employees to use equipment. Bad hiring process, new employees lazy, tardy, and frequent absentees (specially weekend). These people do as they pleased without reprimand, yet get the best schedule of all. Too much favoritism. Other than that, Hyatt is a good company but you need to go prepared to ignore all negativity and bad working ethic some may have.
Pros
Benefits, Good GM, Fun, Helping people to be their best
Cons
Poor communication by supervisor, extremely dirty guest
Productive work place with opportunities to grow your career
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2016
Was able to gain visibility and experience in different departments and job functions, allowing me to grow professionally within the organization.
Management style differs between different groups within company - ranging from micro-managers to hands off management style.
Good company culture with strong sense of pride for product and brand.
Great People to work for
Associate Catering Director/Sr. Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2016
My job was to meet a sales quota while supervising a team of 2 catering sales managers, 4 conference service managers and their assistants.
I enjoyed working so much with the team and learned a lot about being a leader and the patients and understanding it takes when leading a team that has been in place for years.
Pros
great benefits, free cafetieria
Cons
having to work a few weekends
great work place very supportive.
Line Cook/ Banquets (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 1, 2016
you come in t work and you punch in and depending on if you are in the main kitchen with is the Banquets you would go to the supervisor ask what are you task for the time being and who you should help out. If you are in the restaurant kitchen you would see what station you are at and than get the clip board with the list of what you have to prep depending on the time of your sift you may have to check all three station to make sure they are up to par for the next service. party much on the job train at times as well. co works are great there very friendly. the executive chef very great guide really knows his stuff on cooking but also plate up.
Pros
free lunch or dinner when you work that shift, pays above minimum wage
Cons
benefits are bit tricky to get depending on the status you are hired at.
Great money, terrible management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXSeptember 18, 2016
You life will be consumed by Hyatt! They tell you that they will work with what you have going on outside of wirk but they don't. You can do anything outside of Hyatt as long as it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. They offer tuition assistance, but won't work with your school schedule for you to be able to go to school. Hyatt is a place for someone that only wants to be in their entry level position their entire life.
Hyatt Regency in Abuquerque jobs are franchise jobs not Hyatt.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyatt Regency AlbuquerqueNovember 14, 2016
Although, Hyatt Regency Albuquerque jobs are listed as Hyatt, they are franchise jobs. The management is by Hertage Hotels. Hetitage micromanages the hotel and there is no job security. HR department is not a resource for employees.
If you want to hate your job apply for one of these 'Hyatt' Regency jobs.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, job security
fun work place, with lots of chances of meeting new, and important guests, everyday
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2016
Great place to work at, friendly and helpful staff and employees. The most enjoyable part, was helping guests, and meeting and greeting new people every day.I had the best supervisor, in the hotel, that helps out when she can.
Pros
big and clean cafeteria, cheap lunch
Cons
30 minutes break was almost too short
trying experience
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MDAugust 25, 2016
working with people on a daily basis is what I love to do, setting up weddings, conventions, meetings, etc seeing the joy on peoples faces when everything comes together is what made the job that much better. However working at this Hyatt was very draining it was never the guest it was the people that I worked with the city of Cambridge is very small and working at the Hyatt there were a lot of favorites in the departments a lot of clicks a lot of crews and when you don't want to be apart of said groups that was an issue. There was always a lot of drama within the banquet department