Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 2,651 reviews matching the search
Horrible work environment
Stewarding Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
Hyatt is a horrible company to work for. For managers there is no work life balance. They feel very comfortable making managers work 70 plus hours per week. They are so afraid of the union employees are allowed to treat management very poorly. Senior management is arrrogant and condescending. I would never recommend any one I know work for this company. I also encourage all my family and friends to never stay at a Hyatt. Absolutely despicable work environment.
Pros
Discount hotel rooms you will never ger to use
Cons
Painfully long hours, disrepect, terrible food, no breaks, harassment, embarassment, low pay.
Hand on Educational service
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2017
Operated washing and drying, loading and unloading laundry from machines .
Administered cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications
Monitored feeder information on washers, ensured all drums are full
Ensured to set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
Managed to clean up machines and surrounding areas equipment
Ensured to comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
Pros
pay tips lunch
Cons
no benefits for health care closed
Productive fun place to work
Gallery host (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 20, 2017
Loved working here. I loved the environment the manager was awesome everyone worked together and helped out as much as they could. The pay was good so was the benefits.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 20, 2017
• Ensuring *building policies and procedures are consistently enforced
• Emergency response
• Fulfilling resident requests
• Announcing visitors
• Greeting residents
breakfast gallery host
Kitchen Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2017
Early hours starting at 6 a.m. Setting up the breakfast gallery for guests. I learned that you many different cultures and different activities ranging from business to sports. When it was busy it was exhausting but the guests made it all worth it. Management was not around when you needed them. The culture of the job was management show favoritism. The hardest part of the job was getting up so early and not getting time off. The best part of the job were the guests from various places.
Fun and Family
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 19, 2017
Hyatt is an organization that truly cares about it's associates. Of course each hotel has it's own culture, the overall culture of Hyatt is one of inclusivity.
Pros
Fun place to work, Get to meet so many different types of people
Cons
Women in leadership roles lacking
Hyatt House
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2017
It was great, great co-workers and bosses, but had to leave due to relocation. I worked graveyard, inside and out patrolling the building. The facility is kept up with really nice.
Great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Texas, USAApril 18, 2017
Great place for summer
Place for family, friends & even pets
Good food
Friendly people
Lazy river is a place that y'all must visit
Perfect place during summer
Its not a bad plact to work
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 18, 2017
Different set up in every room but it's an okay place. When I was my manager had they picks. I that person is no longer there so it might be better. Pay is good.
Beautiful hotel
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 18, 2017
This was one of my first jobs. I liked working there. I basically just greeted and seated gursts. I t was really, really easy. It was part time in the evenings so I was only there for a few hours.
Pros
Nice hotel
Cons
There were not any
Management in Shambles
Valet Attendant/Bell Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 17, 2017
Front office was always a mess. Some good managers. Tons of turnover. I worked in valet. I was often micromanaged and suggestions to better the company were often ignored.
nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2017
it was just a trade for me but great to have worked at the Hyatt, making the rooms nice for guest and tips, co-workers, how nice the other staff where in different departments.
Very Interesting Experience
Lead engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working with such a fine group of people from different cultural backgrounds. The managers were very open and comfortable to talk to with any issues or just work related or personal issues.
hmmm
GALLERY HOST (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 17, 2017
the manager did not know how to use the system therefore could not and would not help us.No room for growth. VERY short staffed. I loved my coworkers but this job was very overwhelming at times.
Amazing place to work with great people!
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
Long hours, but worth it. This place becomes your home away from home. They are extended family. Depending on the role you are in the schedule is unpredictable. During the busy seasons you will work long hours (50+ sometimes).
Pros
Free lunch, free/discount hotel stays, discount restaurant
Cons
long hours, unpredictable schedule
Love it here
Front Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2017
Fun place to work, they are always so understanding and caring. Working in Hospitality could be difficult but working here makes its so much easier. Hyatt is simply a amazing company
Cons
Employee shuttle is annoying
High Standards
Valet (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 17, 2017
As a Bell/Valet employee you are the first face many guests see. This makes it very important to represent the company well, and provided a friendly and caring service to all guests. It is sometimes hard when you are having an off day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Late Nights
Fun workplace with great people
Server, Santa Ana Café (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMApril 17, 2017
I loved working at the Hyatt Tamaya! Although I worked the morning shift and was typically at work around 7 in the morning, I enjoyed coming into work and providing guests with excellent customer service. My coworkers and I got along immediately, and management was always helpful when needed.
over all a good place to work with numerous programs to motivate personnel
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
generally typical day ok. there was xmas parties and general games for the workers. bed making contests, birthday card, had contest for workers to win prizes. I was there for a long time went through several supervisors, then the respect went down hill. lack the ability to communicate with workers. a job can be well and then you get some new people thinking they are making things better when in fact the loose the willing support of the worker due to their actions.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
suppervisors are not managed and trained to deal with workers
they tried to fire me for being a nice person
gold passport guest services associate (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILApril 15, 2017
in this company the management wanted me to be blunt with people and have little to say to them when they asked a question of any sort and when I would be nice and answer the question to not sound like a jerk I got into trouble

4.2