Hyatt Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,165 reviews matching the search
Excellent work environment sufficient for self improvement.
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Great job in which I have learned many, many life long skills that I will be utilizing in my day to day life as well as my professional career. I have made many lasting impressions on guests staying with us to the point of them being excited to see me upon their return to our property. I have gained many different networking options through our guests within multiple different fields of work.
Pros
flexible schedule, reasonable work environment, great team to work with
Cons
no benefits, management changed frequently, terrible owners
Productive and challenging work environment
Bartender/bar back/Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Hyatt offers opportunities for growth and development in numerous areas for employees in all departments. Hyatt has enhanced my abilities to be an effective leader and team player. Throughout my career at Hyatt, I have been able to utilize their training modules and classes to become more knowledgeable about liquors, beer and wine and appropriate food pairings. Due to the high volume of business, year round, I have been able to hone in on my ability to multi-task and create long lasting memories and relationships with our guests, regular and transient. Hyatt's dedication to excellence has encouraged all of their employees to go above and beyond to create "wow factors," which will forever be instilled in my dedication to excellence in future endeavors.
Pros
Increased knowledge and benefits
Cons
lack of communication among management and employee
Exceptional company to work for, limitless oportunitites
Banquet Lead/Assistant Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
I began my journey with Hyatt in 1996, where I started out as an on-call banquet server..I bartended as well when the need arose..
after six months time there, I became a full time banquet employee..my responsibilities grew as well as myself..
I was recognized by my peers as an ALLSTAR, and after two years I became a banquet lead with greater responsibilities that included, PAYROLL, staffing, sceduling, ordereing and even interviewing and hiring of new associates..

My time with Hyatt came to an end in 2015, when I moved home because of family matters,,

I was born and raised here in Toledo/Maumee..
Pros
free lunches, free rooms with Hyatt all around the World!!, free dry cleaning, and an excellent benefit package!!!!!
Cons
off property events were always challenging
Great Workplace
Banquets Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 29, 2016
Outstanding workplace, great opportunity, benefits, amazing hospitality
I've learned that patience is the key
Management are understanding and with you threw your career
Co-workers from other departments help you.
Hardest part is giving up on your team members
enjoyable part messing up, or something going wrong, but sticking together and pulling threw.
Long hours and lackluster management
Rooms Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 14, 2016
The Hyatt promotes a good work culture which is nice in the beginning. The longer you work there, the more you start to see flaws with the company and how they only promote those that are in good with management.

Dealing with customers on a daily basis is exhausting and rarely rewarding as you get little to no thanks for the hard work that you do behind the scenes (again, unless you are popular or have connections to management)

There are opportunities for cross-training which can be hard to do if the hotel is short staffed or busy.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner and free hotel nights
Cons
30 min breaks can barely get you a meal
great company to work for.
Event Service Captain (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at work is busy, fun, interactive. If I've learned anything at working here it is to never take things too seriously, do what you know and do it well, and focus on whats important. Being apart of the management team you will always come across difficult days, but there will always be tomorrow to have a fresh start at something better. I would say the hardest part of my job is the long hours of dedication that i put in weekly. But i find it very fulfilling to see someone happy and being apart of making that happen.
Pros
free lunch, great atmosphere to work in
Cons
now a francis
Hyatt can be a fun place to work but also is a productive company.
Guest Service Agent/PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy working at Hyatt Regency because they do care about the employees and their advancement with the company. There are no typical days at work which to me is a good thing because your always learning something new which makes it enjoyable to be there. I enjoy my co-workers and helping the guest in anyway that I can. There really is no hard part and the most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck.
Pros
Free meals for all shifts, group outings and the recognition you get from management and co-workers.
Cons
Not getting enough hours in a work week.
Good location and benefits
Server assistant Vu Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 9, 2016
It was a good place to work. You make decent money and the benefits are good. I've learned not to take things personal and always focus on your work and maintain a relationship with your co-workers but they do not have to be your best fried. Management was sometimes slow with information to give to us but all in all they were good with working with their employees. The hardest part of the job was being stable under pressure and I enjoyed the benefits.
Pros
Free lunch, good discount
Cons
Short breaks, really long shifts with physical labor
Caring, fun, and learning environment
Finance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2016
Management is great, they teach us how to become leaders, they encourage us to learn and grow in any areas of our lives. I've had 3 positions within this hotel, each job has given me an understanding of why my position is important. We have an environment of care, and it is truly reflected in my coworkers, because not only do we take care of each other, we also take care of our hotel guests.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, growth
Cons
Hospitality
hyatt is great place to work.
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 19, 2015
When I start my training in Hyatt it is a typical work with professionals that have their passion in hospitality industry, especially the management they ensure that the employees benefits are monitored and implemented. I've learn to be more attentive, flexible, self-reliable, enhance my patience and develop my skills in handling guests complains. The most challenging part of my training was adjusting myself to the place and it was very hard to understand how the local speak because they are slang. The hardest part of my training is transferring to banquets, it is my first time to do banquets. I used to have interactions with guests but being in banquets is a fun experience because it help me to become flexible in my chosen field.
Pros
free lunch and dinner during friday
Cons
short breaks
Fun and rewarding place to work.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2015
Fun work place with very friendly employees and management that will work to ensure your success and satisfaction. Computer skills are required but the training class prepares every sales associate for the challenges that will be faced on the phones. The most difficult part of this job is meeting requirements for call times, as guests set the pace and control the length of conversations. There are many benefits to working for Hyatt Reservation Center, such as access to the free gym, game room, and pay incentives.The only downsides to working there are the lack of mobility during shifts and occasional callers that are not interested in booking hotel rooms.
Pros
pay incentives, access to free gym, free game room, very pleasant environment
Cons
constant sitting, occasional lewd prank calls
Not the happy happy joy joy atmosphere you see in job searching.
Engineer General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLNovember 9, 2015
This company did not compare to expectations that were projected.
Department manager distracted by other departments leaving disorganized junior management overseeing production.
An extreme atmosphere of disharmony in all operational departments.
Heavy turnover due to low evidence of goal realization and compensation expectations.
And to say not all was bad I did meet some fantastic people and still maintain a relationship with several that are spread all around the country now and most all not affiliated with this company any longer.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Under staffing on pm and overnight shifts.
Fun atmosphere
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 27, 2016
Since I was considered a supervisor, I supervised the work of my bellstand department. Oversaw their check ins and checkouts, received calls from guests needing bell service, managing the front drive with valet, receiving calls from associates needing luggage to be sent up to the room, handling misplaced luggage. I learned to work as a team and to do basic staff scheduling. Management was awesome and was readily available whenever we needed them. They were not afraid to get some of the work done when there was a lag in the service. Co-workers were extremely fun to be around, and although I was only there for a brief time, they made me feel welcome and a part of the team. Hardest part of the job was actually having to leave. I was seasonal and there was no job for me after the season. The most enjoyable aspect of the job had to be interacting with the guests and the staff in my department.
Pros
Free food and good price on rooms
Good money/benefits, exceptionally poor mgmt, felt unsafe at work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Working at Big Bar was a challenge. Made $$ & good benefits but mgmt is corporate, clueless & never had your back. Mgmt kowtows the guests to the point of over-entitlement. The renovations made the bar even less functional than it was previously. If your dept is in the Union, good luck getting any requested days off; the seniors couldn't care less about you and most of them are super slow & terrible at their jobs. Almost had to quit college because they didn't want to work with my schedule. Near the end of my employment, the bar was getting an influx of young, rowdy rifraff on the weekends that would staredown their rivals & start fistfights & act like they were at a trashy nightclub. I expressed my concerns to mgmt & HR, but ultimately had to quit because I felt unsafe at work. Happy to be gone from there!
Pros
Free lunch, good benefits
Cons
incompetent mgmt, union woes, stressful environment
Very competitive amongst major hospitality companies
Operations Supervisor/Events (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 9, 2015
The work/life balance is ridiculously slanted in favor of work, but most in the industry should understand that going in. Salary and benefits are competitive, but not a game changer. The company does really put a lot of effort and money into making the culture something special, and for associates, it is. For anyone in middle to upper leadership, it's a different ballgame. As a leader, you are expected to encourage your associates to the point of patronizing them, but there is no focus on encouraging anyone in leadership, and the only training/coaching efforts in place institutionally are haphazard at best and usually quickly forgotten. If anyone is applying to work for the Hyatt as an associate, you will absolutely love the experience (besides the pay, which is a bit low at the associate level), but leadership will usually spend most days feeling defeated and chastised by increasingly demanding superiors, trying to look good for the one's pressuring them from above - for leadership, I would look elsewhere.
Pros
Associate experience, benefits
Cons
Work/life balance, training/coaching
amazing experience
Receptionist, Assistant Server, Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 24, 2015
I really enjoyed my stay in America, I learned lot of things about the culture and I met new friends. The management are all friendly they need you as a friend and sometimes they invited us to hang out with them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient customers especially if the restaurant was busy.The enjoyable part was working withe people you love and treat you as a family.
Pros
Free Lunch, accessibility, free locker
Great company, wonderful leaders
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 9, 2016
Hyatt Is an amazing company/culture. Where they loose points is on their Franchise conversions and partnerships. - absolutely messy.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
poor training - they were known for their training
Great place to work but low pay
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 17, 2016
Great Employee benefits and perks, very employee friendly but falls short in the salary compensation. Always considerate of employees and families. Management not always consistent in their decisions.
Pros
Free coffee, soda and tea's
Cons
Low salary in some area's
Supporting and all about the employees needs.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2015
Very fast paced and fun place to work. I learn new things on a daily basis. Training in all areas of the hotel is taught well and clear. Management is very understanding and encouraging. Co-workers are always fun and easy going. Even though a lot of people work in this hotel, it was always easy to talk and get along with every employee and management. Everyone will help with any questions or concerns.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, hours, flexible.
Cons
Short breaks, parking fees, on your feet all day
Great property to work at
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 26, 2016
● Assist payroll and human resources by liaising directly with employees to correct performance and behavioral issues, update new information, set up interviews as well as new hire orientation.
● Assist Director of Rooms in handling guest complaints and service recovery compensation.
● Support Front Office Manager with managing staff daily as well as reviewing daily checklists to ensure proper completion.
● Strategically blocking of all VIP guest and groups that were staying to ensure a positive guest experience of all Transient, SMERF and Leisure guest.
● Update weekly Communication Board with new and current task to make sure task would become repetitious.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Some managers have been there that are stuck in their negative ways