Hyatt Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,224 reviews matching the search
trying experience
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MDAugust 25, 2016
working with people on a daily basis is what I love to do, setting up weddings, conventions, meetings, etc seeing the joy on peoples faces when everything comes together is what made the job that much better. However working at this Hyatt was very draining it was never the guest it was the people that I worked with the city of Cambridge is very small and working at the Hyatt there were a lot of favorites in the departments a lot of clicks a lot of crews and when you don't want to be apart of said groups that was an issue. There was always a lot of drama within the banquet department
not the best team atmosphere
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2016
Being such a large company it is very difficult to acquire a personal relationship with the management. There was communication problems which made it hard to preform properly.
Grand Hyatt Washington
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2016
This position was a great starter job into accounting. I was given opportunity to work in different parts of the hotels accountng system. In addition, we worked in many parts of the hotel. The management of the hotel was over the top. Our General Manager knew all 900 employees by name. She was an outstanding roll model. The hardest part of the job was the commute having two small children at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery the employees and the management had together.
New Marketing Leadership
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2016
Hyatt brought new leadership to the marketing department about 18 mos ago that has had a toxic impact on culture and overall morale. They are smart and certainly know their stuff, though they don't understand hospitality. There is little effort made to help associates create a work life balance. The expectation is you are always available and working. Hyatt as always had a great culture of great people that work hard but always knew how to have fun. That has changed significantly which has led to a tremendous amount of talent walking out the door. Sometimes even without a job lined up.
Pros
Free soda coffee, tea, free hotel stays
Cons
High pressure, high stress, always on mantra
Fast paced working enviroment with great people.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 16, 2016
Typical day at work was very busy but entertaining. I was always on the go in which I love to be. The people were easy to get along with and made it easier to work throughout the day. Management were very fair and nice as well.
Fun Place to Work
Cocktail Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Incline Village, NVAugust 15, 2016
Engaging with the guests was my superpower. I have many local references.
Hyatt taught me a lot and am very proud of what I accomplished working for them. Casino is a very toxic environment and I'm ready to be in a professional atmosphere where I can grow and learn.
Wonderful fun assisting seniors (I am one now!)
Concierge/ Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 12, 2016
Great, fun place to work and keep the seniors happy and active. I really enjoyed our conversations and actually assisted a resident in writing and publishing a book of his memoirs. I assisted in creating marketing publications for their activities and also took residents to their appointment when asked.
Pros
Good working environment, fellow workers.
Cons
Late shift (7pm - 11pm)
Greeter
Greeter (Former Employee) –  2350 kansas city mo 64108August 11, 2016
I communicated with staff and managers of daily task. I would assist with pre-shift and line up before the lunch or dinner would begin. I would assign servers their station within the restaurant and reservations. I called guests to confirm reservations. I assisted management in guest satisfaction. learning these skills have helped develop my management and sales skills within the restaurant. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers and the new people i am blessed to meet.
Pros
develop new skill set
Cons
under staffed
Fun place to work
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 11, 2016
Fun place to work at, a lot of different outlets to learn from. Always someone there you can answer to, which is great especially when you need approval from a supervisor or etc.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough recognition
Detail Detail Detail
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 10, 2016
Maintaining three meeting rooms, large groups and corresponding sale emails on a daily routine.
....................................................
i need the job soon is possible
Hotel Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2016
I need a new job close to my home need make more money my job is very good I have a lot experience I am a man work hard and professional I can take any schedule, but I don't like work overnights. I know any function in the hotel. gest request. public area. houseman shut laundry. banquet.
My experience as an intern
Intern, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 6, 2016
I recently interned at the Hyatt Place in Flushing, NY. A typical day at this hotel was very slow paste. I would come in the mornings that I was scheduled to and complete the required intern tasks. Although it was a great experience which I greatly appreciated, I did not learn as much as I hoped. The other interns as well as gallery hosts were very nice and took the time out to help us (interns) with any possible duties that would be necessary. There wasn't any hard part of the job per say but I was very eager to learn more and wish that I did because that was an opportunity that I was looking forward to for a while. The management team was very friendly and they also took the time to explain to us what was required. The most enjoyable part of the job was to prepare coffee and food for the guests.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
didn't learn anything
Great Customer Service Company
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 4, 2016
I have enjoyed learning greater customer service experience with co-workers who enjoy providing the same quality customer service.
Great team collaboration
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
Colleagues worked very well together, using a high level of customer empathy to understand the user's needs in order to provide an effective product.
Great starting point
Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
This establishment allowed me to exercise and sharpen my independent working and delegation skills. At any given day the hotel will be two capacity with guests and I would maintain a positive fluid atmosphere. All while ensuring that the facility remained spotless.
Pros
Specific task and movement freedom with major responsibilities
Cons
This job is very demanding on my time and sometimes I could not work to 16 hour days
Overall Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2016
Good company overall but they try to pay you the minimum in order to achieve a better overall GOP. There are some executives in the company that are set in their old ways and hinder you from growing in todays world, they have big egos. Some I'm not even sure how they got to the levels in which they are have and are still employed because they haven't embraced the Hyatt philosophies. They need to take better care of the people that are bring the revenues in to the hotels.
Great Hotel. Kids under 6 eat free
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2016
Great Hotel, it was a nice to work at that hotel. I have been working for hyatt for 9years this month. im a on call cashier. I really love all the different cultures that come to the hotel. I have learn that the customer is always right.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun place!
Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 31, 2016
Great Place to work for. They have their management already in place. I am looking for a great manger role in the same field. Great atmosphere. Most of the people that work there are very young but have very bright futures ahead of them.
Excellent company to work/
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2016
Se me permitio trabajar para la compañía lo cual fue una gran experiencia de Trabajo y de aprendizaje e interaccion con sus empleados y supervisores.
Never seen a more poorly run hotel
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 25, 2016
I knew that when I signed a waiver to give up my 30 min lunches that it could only, get worse. I did not realize how bad this job was going to be. Its not customer service as a front desk hotel agent would suggest. You are juggling every kind of job possible from being a mcdonald's employee, to janitor, to bartender, shuttle driver, and then being customer service.
Management could care less about their customers or their employees. My manager literally told me, if you don't hate your job yet, you will learn to hate it soon enough. They sit around in the office all day eating and trash talking employees, customers, higher ups from 9-5 and call that a work day. They are not shy to let go of employees who don't follow the criteria of poorly and lowly talking amongst each other.

You will have to cook breakfast alone in the kitchen for the whole hotel, then clean the entire kitchen afterwards. This is your morning shift.
Evening means you have to answer phones, check guests in, bartend, and constantly call the houseman when a guest complains about a room, needs a shuttle service or there is something you can't fix.
There is no manager on duty after 5pm so any issues will have to wait the next day.

I do not recommend this job to anyone! Some jobs are just not worth the pay.
Pros
Solid Benefits, Some days means sitting and doing nothing all day
Cons
poor management, poor organization, hostile environment, difficult customers, heavy workload