Hyde Leadership Charter School

Hyde Leadership Charter School Employee Reviews in United States

Ill equipped, unorganized and low quality services
3rd Grade Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 18, 2015
I appreciate my experience with Hyde solely for my time with my wonderful students. Besides being able to teach these magnificent students, my experience with the organization itself was horrendous. Everything was done haphazardly and without the consideration of the staff, and many of the teachers lacked the knowledge of the subjects they were teaching.
Review
Special Education Teacher 2nd grade (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2015
It was a fun place to work at. I student taught there in 5th grade special education. I learned a lot from my lead teacher. It is located in Jamaica queens
Organized place to work at
Childcare Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkJanuary 27, 2015
Clock in and found what class to pick up children from.
Helped students with their homework and gave them snacks
there is no balance of job and personal life
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2015
You work long hours and once a week you stay later for faculty meetings. Once a month you need to stay even later than the faculty meetings and that does not include PT conference nights or Family days.

If you do not volunteer for projects outside of your long hours you are looked as not wanting to reach for your "unique potential".

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the children and parents. There are a lot of cases within the population of children attending this school but it is the best part of the job!

Management is overworked as well and they seem as they are robots. You can see it on their faces if you just look at them walking through the hallways. Definitely not a place to be
Pros
long hours means they feed you.
Cons
lunch is a luxury, too many meetings which interrupts your own break during the day
An ok place to work
4th Grade ELA Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 25, 2014
I worked here for two years, and it was okay. I was paid a little more than DOE, but I worked longer hours and worked harder, as there was NO curriculum or resources available to me. Leadership was terrible when I was there. In fact, there was no leadership. Most of the staff left the year I quit because of the lack of support and structure. The school has a great character program, but the academics were awful.
Pros
character program, parental support, support for ells
Cons
lack of teacher support, leadership
Hyde
Elementary School Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 8, 2014
I have worked at hyde for the past 8 years and I love the culture. A typical work day is from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. The days are long hard a nd grueling. I wish management was a little bit more supportive with helping staff grow. The hardest part of my job is going home everyday know there is so much more to do and dealing with adult attitudes. Although there are challenges I enjoy working with hunts point families.
Wonderful teachers, students, and parents; needs consistent management
English Language Arts Teacher, Middle School (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 22, 2014
Over the years I learned how to create strong relationships with families, work with different management styles, and mentor new teachers.
The most enjoyable part of working at Hyde was the encouragement to find one's unique potential.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to the annual turn over in teachers, administration, and curriculum.
Pros
many opportunities for professional development
Cons
too much staff turn over; annual/bi-annual curricular changes
Hyde is a great place to work!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NyJune 1, 2014
Hyde is unique because it cares not only about teaching students academics but about developing their (and your) character. This means that Hyde truly works to raise well-rounded students who can confidently go forward. Whether you teach at Hyde or work in another role, it is important that you are self-motivated to help your students and yourself. Hyde will partner with you and could truly change your life.
Pros
flexible attitude, friendly and fun co-workers, great kids, based on long-standing private school model
Cons
easy to put in long hours and not even realize it!
Very Busy environment
Sr. IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10474September 24, 2013
Needs IT Director and and more IT Support Personal. Place can be a bit crazy at times.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 9, 2013
Great place to work at. Always room for growth and always an encouraging enviroment.

Want to know more about Hyde Leadership Charter School?

Ask a question