We currently have an excellent opportunity in our St. Louis, Missouri office for a Director of National Accounts - Transportation and Logistics.
The primary role of the Director of National Accounts is to identify and initiate business development efforts focused on securing revenue and market share from new and existing customers to achieve profitable volume growth consistent with sales and marketing plan initiatives.
As a member of the Business Development Team, you will be responsible for generating, prospecting, soliciting, and closing new accounts leveraging all of HYDRATE Transportation's logistics services (including but not limited to: Truckload, LTL, Intermodal and Outsource Solutions). You will be in daily contact with potential customers of various sizes, building relationships, assessing their needs and problem solving while continually promoting and selling HYDRATE Transportation's products and services. This position does not have a sales "territory" and the successful candidate will possess a "hunter" sales approach.
A strong knowledge of Highway, LTL, and Intermodal together with all aspects of customer service, transportation industry shipping methods, products and services is essential. Accountability for the agreed to departmental business plans and strategies, input to the Company’s overall plans and participation in the continuous improvement process are important elements of the position.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience.
Experience within a 3PL, Freight Brokerage or within the Transportation and Logistics Industry is a must.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop productive long-term customer relationships within targeted industry sectors and markets.
- Identify opportunities for companies to outsource their transportation needs, combining flexibility and the ability to adapt the company's services to solve key customer problems.
- Create innovative solutions, drawing on experience and a depth of industry knowledge in order to advise customers on cost-effective methods and plans to serve their unique transportation needs
- Focus on selling the core products, modes and services, including Truckload, Less Than Truckload and Intermodal, and independently generate new sales revenue.
- Solicit new business via phone, internet, fieldwork, referrals, industry networking, and trade shows.
- Manage customer interactions: prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, making customer calls, and closing deals.
- Facilitate face-to-face meetings with potential and current customers, present proposals and solutions, and close business in person.
- Serve as a key component of the Customer Service and Operational Teams, actively participating in the management of the customer's freight.
- Forecasting, business planning, and strategy.
- Collaborate internally with team on pricing strategy and account implementation plans.
The Required Qualifications for this Position Include:
- Ability to independently identify and generate new sales opportunities.
- A proven ability to create profitable customer-focused solutions.
- A track record of long-term success in creating business relationships.
- Focused on results; aware of the competition and able to create innovative solutions for present and future customers.
- Aggressive in discovering new opportunities for profitable growth.
- A consultative approach to selling and customer development and retention.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to sell both Inside (phone and email solicitation) and Outside (face-to-face meetings, proposals, closings).
- Excellent relationship building, problem-solving, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Complete understanding and use of all aspects of the highway and intermodal transportation industry.
- Strong organizational skills and comfort multitasking in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum 3 years industry related work experience (Brokerage/3PL/Transportation Industry experience).
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Superior communications skills and excellent verbal and written English.
- Willingness to travel, as needed.
The preferred qualifications for this position include:
Bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience
Hydrate Transportation, Inc. is a privately owned provider of transportation and logistics services. We offer Truckload, Less-Than-Truckload, and Intermodal services throughout North America as well as Customized Freight Solutions, Freight Management and full Transportation Outsourcing.
At Hydrate Transportation, we connect shippers who have loads to move with the best carriers for those loads. It's a fast-paced, challenging, and competitive environment. Our organization is built on people who have initiative, are resilient and team-oriented. We want people on our team who are confident and driven to win - people who are excited to help build our growth. Our people are leaders who are focused on superior customer service and helping our customers grow their businesses. We are creating strong and dynamic teams that have the training, technology and support needed to succeed.
We offer a great culture and work environment, real opportunity for growth and advancement and a very competitive Compensation Package.
Only Candidates Who Meet our Required Qualifications Will Be Contacted