Pros: some co-workers, high safety awareness
Cons: short breaks, supervisors, harassment, no room for advancement, insufficient parking, boring, repetitive
Terrible, terrible, terrible company! Basically, you're going to stand in a small, uncomfortable space by yourself or with one other person and assemble a lawn mower transmission. Eight hours a day. Five and six days a week. I learned that Hydro-Gear doesn't play fairly, they give misleading information to certain groups of employees, the company practices favortism and harassment religiously, the company's Supervisors and Supervisor Assistants know LESS about the assembly line than an employee with ONLY 2 months of experience does, an employee has to practically beg for more advanced training, the space available for parking is EXTREMELY insufficient (which only causes more stress and frustration), the absenteeism point system (occurences) is a pound and a half of bologna, the chance for advancement is slim to none, and the company's idea of a "clean and friendly work environment" is a bleached and sparkling restroom. My Supervisors were terrible. All of them. A majority of the time, they had NO IDEA what they were doing and had to have employees of much lower stature guide them through processes. About 90% of my co-workers were great, easy to work alongside, easy to please, concerned with the safety of everyone else and themselves, dedicated, and respectful. The other 10% of my co-workers, however, were awful. Entirely rude, misleading, judgemental, stressful, lazy, careless, disrespectful, kniving, nosey, unhelpful, unproductive, and too concernced with running off to the restrooms to talk on their cell phones. The job ITSELF was easy, boring, and repetitive. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming home at night. A ten minute break and a twenty minute lunch period are just not enough to make up for the stress and weight you feel applied to your body during your shift.