Hydro’s Extrusion North America unit provides aluminum extrusion-based products and services through a network of 8 facilities that reach from the East Coast to Mexico. We utilize our expertise in metal sourcing, extrusion design, finishing, and fabrication of components, to provide extrusion-based product solutions for a variety of industries. What separates us from other extrusion companies is:
• the strength of our casthouse and metal sourcing networks
• the breadth of our engineering and manufacturing experience
• the right balance of network integration and local empowerment
• our constant pursuit of process improvement and innovative product solutions
• our global reach through sister Hydro extrusion operations in Europe, South America, and Asia
Our aluminum extrusion activites began here with the purchase of Wells Aluminum Corporation in 2000. Starting in 1953 with a single press at their North Liberty plant, Wells grew to six extrusion, fabrication, and contract manufacturing facilities at the time of the Hydro purchase. In 2002, as part of Hydro's purchase of VAW-USA operations, four additional extrusion, drawn tubing, and fabrication facilities were added to our network. Today, under the Extrusion North America banner, our extrusion and fabrication plants, casthouses, and contract manufacturing centers form an integrated network covering North America.
We are part of Hydro, a global supplier of aluminum with activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite extraction to the production of rolled and extruded aluminum products and building systems. Based in Norway, the company employs 23,000 people in more than 40 countries. – less