Hydro Aluminum Employee Reviews in United States

Okay place to work
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, INJuly 7, 2016
Learned something new each day. Organized work environment good/caring employees.

Everyone willing to help and share knowledge.
excellant place to work
Die Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  ellenvill new yorkMay 30, 2015
would still be there if they did not decide to close up the plant and send the work south , one of the best places I have worked
Pros
work relation ship with managers was great
Cons
plant closed
Great Place to work
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 19, 2015
Everyone was family! All got along and tried to help each other., witch is more then I can say for SAPA!! To bad HYDRO IS NOO longer here. SAPA needs help because the General manager thinks he owns it!!
Pros
everyone worked together!
Cons
no longer a company!!
Fantastic place to work
Team Leader & Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FlFebruary 3, 2015
By far the best company I ever worked for. The management was supportive, the compensation was good and there was always room for advancement. I learned so much in my position as supervisor.
Pros
fast paced
working independentaly
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Daily inventory counts, reviewing purchase orders, accurate levels for automatic replenishment.
Not a place for advancement
Machine Operater (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 11, 2015
I enjoyed the job I did. I liked my coworker. The hours were long. The company did not often promote from within. Half of the manage was straight out of college with little factory experience. The expectations from management that had no experience with the machines and part that were produced created conflict in how the each job should be done

The hardest part of my job was to deal with new manager with less experience with the job I was doing than the job itself.

I enjoyed getting the task I had to do for the day. I would setup and check the part to make sure that they were accurate. I would then commence to running the job until it was finished.
Pros
working by myself
Good place to be!
Receptionist/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIDecember 22, 2014
Worked on a temporary basis as administrative support. Overall great experience & wonderful staff! Expectations were clearly outlined, schedule consistent, & positive work environment.
Cons
temporary position
its ok
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 14, 2014
It wasn't a enjoyable place to work being how the environment and staffing looked upon its workers. Unless I really needed a job or others needed one I wouldnt recommend them to others.
Pros
its a job
Cons
over worked and under paid
fun workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLOctober 19, 2014
Packer a lot of think co-workers was ok there is not a very hard part of my job management is ok to work for it not a very hard part about the job and it was a very in enjoyable part of the job
Good work Good people
Press operator (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine FloridaOctober 3, 2014
Working at hydro will thoroughly prepare you for heat safety. Good long days keep you from unnecessarily spending money on gas.
Management will push you to do your best and this will result in pride of your work, and over all pride in your self.
machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Parchment, MIAugust 5, 2014
run machine operations,i learned how to make aluminum parts and to fix my machine if needed,also ran punch presses,drills, My co workers were awesome management was typical. the hardest part was trying to learn cnc,but most enjoyable was learning and doing a productive day
Pros
awsome company
warehouse
Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 11, 2014
learned a lot about aluminum and how to use different saws and drills..did not wont to move up they asked just did not no enough.did not wont to put the job at risk
Lousy
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 7, 2014
Management has no idea what's going on, they have their heads so far up each other's a** that they can't figure out what's really needed. The supervisors are only focused on numbers when they preach quality. The people that teach you all have their own way of doing things and all are considered right until something is found wrong. You work 12 hours a day for 4 months straight till your even considered union. The people themselves aren't bad, just fed up with management and stopped caring after being mandated 12 hours a day 7 days a week. It's not a hard job per say it's more of an exhausting tiring situation being stuck in one place for 12 hours a day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
factory
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOJanuary 7, 2014
its factory they did overtime and 6 days a week. it was fun to work with co workers and the place ended up shutting down.
great company with wide variety of capabilities
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  worked out of my home and travelled in the MidwestDecember 11, 2013
prospecting new accounts in The Midwestern States
Just because corporate starts downsizing, doesn't mean your job is in jeopardy
make sure you keep management informed of all your positive and negative obstacles
keeping positive when management is leaving and plants are closing
learning about new products, landing business and meeting new people
Pros
meeting people form different parts of the world
Cons
frustrations of seeing co-workers leave and compensation packages being reduced
Good working envirorment.
Machining Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fayettvile, TN 37334November 4, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Hydro Aluminum. I had the opportunity to be an opperator, a lead, machine set up, and quality control. It was very family orriented and very friendly. I think the most important thing that made Hydo an enjoyable place to work was the communication beween departments and team members were comfortable communicating with managment.
Pros
family days.
Cons
low income.
Very tough work conditions
temp (Former Employee) –  Parchment, MIOctober 17, 2013
Management was very unorganized. Work conditions was horrible & employees were very unhappy.
Went from good to not so good
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2013
Worked for Hydro for thirteen years as a maintenance supervisor and for about 10 of those years it was a real good fit for me I enjoyed all aspects of my job especially project work and up grades. But due to cut backs and limited opportunity for advancement I could no longer function comfortably and decided a change was necessary.
The people are great but the company is owned by an overseas corporation and I felt they had lost a lot of the valuable assets that made it a great place to work when they changed ownership.
Pros
good people
Cons
lost core values
No Leadership
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  KalamazooJuly 19, 2013
Constant chaos, old equipment, poor training. New management installed last fall and nothing has changed. Toxic culture, excessive overtime due to poor or lack of foresight. Quality is horrible-reworking parts is done on a daily basis and no one seems to be addressing the issues. Top management appears to have their head in the sand.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no one seems to care
Fast pace great enviroment
Assembly Supervisor Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 17, 2013
Loved this Job great company. Hit hard by economic slump had to have a mass layoff which effected my position....