Hydro Gear

Hydro Gear Employer Reviews

Very clean work environment
Production Assembly (Former Employee), Princeton, KYJanuary 12, 2014
The overall job itself was great, the management on the other hand could use a little more work on their communication skills. There are always two sides to a story. This was my first factory job and if all factories operate this way as far as production I will be looking for another job like this.
seasonal job
Machinist, Production Assembler (Former Employee), Sullivan, ILJuly 3, 2013
seasonal job wasn't there long enough

wasnt there long enough to give honest review
Very clean plant to work in, health conscious company
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sullivan, ILJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: monthly bonuses, good 401k, good health benefits for full timers
Cons: hard to get full time permanent employment. mostly seasonal hiring now.
Very fast passed company. Very big on training and education. Good chance for advancement in the company. Large company with a lot of employees, so a huge variety of co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the Mandatory OT on short notice, no exceptions, including Sat. and Sun. and the moving of employees to different shifts and departments on short – more... notice, with no consideration for family or children. – less
Awesome Place to Work.
Machinist (Former Employee), Sullivan, ILDecember 6, 2012
Pros: stable environment, non-stressful, easy work, clean plant.
Cons: monotinous work, pay is low
The job was super easy, simple to perform. The co-workers were awesome. Ran the LAP table to lubricate piston housings was only there for two weeks and already was 5000 parts ahead of the previous shifts before ours. Production bonuses for producing more product than other shifts. They cared about their workers.

The only reason I left that job was – more... cause of the distance, I was driving an old state truck with a V8 in it and couldn't afford the Gas to get there every day. My vehicle couldn't really handle 50 miles one way and 50 miles back on a regular basis was kinda hell on it.

I would love to work there again actually. I would recommend this place to anyone. – less

January 15, 2013

I was there for 8 years. There are no bonuses for surpassing another shifts production, and the LAP tables are not for lubricating piston housings, they polish the surface of the blocks that the pistons go into.