Hydro Gear Employee Reviews in United States

Good for a temporary job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILFebruary 17, 2016
This job was not the best job it is great if you are just looking for temporary employment while you are laid off. They were great about going by your schedule.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard work with little breaks
Productive Workplace
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJune 29, 2015
Although the work was productive and I enjoyed the people I worked with Hydro Gear has a poor rating overall with me. The hours were great when kept at 5 days a week, but normally worked 6 days 9 months out of the year. The management was unorganized and did not communicate well. Job security was unheard of with this company as the turn over rate was terrible.
Pros
Hours, co-workers
Cons
Hourly rate, management, job security
very busy place
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 3, 2015
my day at this job would be a good day. I have learned how to handle money and take care of the customers. the management was always on their job duties. My co workers were easy to get along with and they were good workers. the hardest part was trying to take money and take an order from the customer at the same time. the most enjoyable part is to go home.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
no benifits
A day at my workplace
ASSEMBLER/PACKAGER (Current Employee) –  SULLIVAN ILJuly 15, 2014
I like going into work helping my residents with whatever they may need. I've learned that I am there for the residents and no one else. The hardest part of my job is the organization of their company. The most enjoyable part is seeing my residents smile whe I help them as needed.
Very clean work environment
Production Assembly (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYJanuary 12, 2014
The overall job itself was great, the management on the other hand could use a little more work on their communication skills. There are always two sides to a story. This was my first factory job and if all factories operate this way as far as production I will be looking for another job like this.
seasonal job
Machinist, Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJuly 3, 2013
seasonal job wasn't there long enough

wasnt there long enough to give honest review
Very clean plant to work in, health conscious company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 14, 2013
Very fast passed company. Very big on training and education. Good chance for advancement in the company. Large company with a lot of employees, so a huge variety of co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the Mandatory OT on short notice, no exceptions, including Sat. and Sun. and the moving of employees to different shifts and departments on short notice, with no consideration for family or children.
Pros
monthly bonuses, good 401k, good health benefits for full timers
Cons
hard to get full time permanent employment. mostly seasonal hiring now.
Awesome Place to Work.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILDecember 6, 2012
The job was super easy, simple to perform. The co-workers were awesome. Ran the LAP table to lubricate piston housings was only there for two weeks and already was 5000 parts ahead of the previous shifts before ours. Production bonuses for producing more product than other shifts. They cared about their workers.

The only reason I left that job was cause of the distance, I was driving an old state truck with a V8 in it and couldn't afford the Gas to get there every day. My vehicle couldn't really handle 50 miles one way and 50 miles back on a regular basis was kinda hell on it.

I would love to work there again actually. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
stable environment, non-stressful, easy work, clean plant.
Cons
monotinous work, pay is low

2.8