Hydro Gear Employee Reviews

Very productive. good working environment, and good peers to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 31, 2017
Very competitive, more about quantity than quality. Sometimes a fast paced environment, cleaning and looking good for the managers is a big thing. Learned how to assemble transmissions for lawn mowers. The management left a lot to be desired, Supervisor constantly let his assistants do all of his work for him. The hardest part of the job for me, was meeting the goal of a certain number of units produced everyday, because the line was down quite a lot, and maintenance was called at least five to ten times a day.
Pros
Longer breaks than expected. easy clock in and out procedures
Cons
Management was rude, and not very task oriented.
Easy work. Clean environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYMay 21, 2017
Fast paced, labor intensive. Super easy to catch on to the work. If you like repeatative you will like this job. Really clean work areas, no mess to work around.
Ok Place To Work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 9, 2017
It can be a fun place to work sometimes and The work/ to life balance is bad. I wish i had more time for my family and friends and management doesn't take you serious all the time and alot of the people there are really childish instead of professional
Productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILApril 12, 2017
I do not have much to comment on with hydro gear I went through a staffing service innovative staff solutions. Hydro Gear was a fun place to work and they taught me a lot of things
It was fun working with other people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan IllinoisMarch 6, 2017
Still awake on the job be on time be prepared to work ask questions if you don't know anything some of the people in there are loved or good to work with others not
Pros
You got a 30 minute lunch break
Cons
A short 10-minute break
fast paste getting stuff done on time don't get behide
Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell County, KYJanuary 29, 2017
Learning stuff each day through out the day meeting new people just the experience of the job is okay just have to watch an learn
Cons
break every 2 hr
Fun and Friendly environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Worked hard and stayed openminded and made sure to complete my task and always help others if needed.I learned how to work more as a team and how to put parts together in a timely manner.my co workers was amazing and it was just days to just show up work and have fun also
A family, team, productive, benefical and busy
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at hydro gear a lot. The pay and my son is what motivated me to go to work everyday . The people there were very welcoming , and generous . If I Could of stayed I would of . But my reason being for leaving is my car was broke down and I had trouble getting a ride back and forth everyday
Pros
The paid vactions and overtime
Cons
Short breaks and barely no days off
Great working enviorment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILSeptember 23, 2016
Ac in the factory, supervisors took care of any problems, many opportunities for over time, training was excellent, great people to work with, working conditions were safe, pay was fair for the work
Very productive nice people
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILAugust 10, 2016
We would do striches and meetings before working. We would standal and work at our machine all shift (not including lunch and breaks). The hardiest part of the job would be cleaning out the matile chips out of the material. The most enjoyable part of the job would be when thay played music when we worked.
Pros
Clean work areas
Cons
Stand in one place the whole shift
Good place to work could be better
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJuly 1, 2016
I worked for Hydro Gear for 9 months and my supervisor never actually spoke to me. He was fired a few months before I was laid off leaving our department in limbo!
Good for a temporary job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILFebruary 17, 2016
This job was not the best job it is great if you are just looking for temporary employment while you are laid off. They were great about going by your schedule.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard work with little breaks
Productive Workplace
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJune 29, 2015
Although the work was productive and I enjoyed the people I worked with Hydro Gear has a poor rating overall with me. The hours were great when kept at 5 days a week, but normally worked 6 days 9 months out of the year. The management was unorganized and did not communicate well. Job security was unheard of with this company as the turn over rate was terrible.
Pros
Hours, co-workers
Cons
Hourly rate, management, job security
very busy place
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 3, 2015
my day at this job would be a good day. I have learned how to handle money and take care of the customers. the management was always on their job duties. My co workers were easy to get along with and they were good workers. the hardest part was trying to take money and take an order from the customer at the same time. the most enjoyable part is to go home.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
no benifits
A day at my workplace
ASSEMBLER/PACKAGER (Current Employee) –  SULLIVAN ILJuly 15, 2014
I like going into work helping my residents with whatever they may need. I've learned that I am there for the residents and no one else. The hardest part of my job is the organization of their company. The most enjoyable part is seeing my residents smile whe I help them as needed.
Very clean work environment
Production Assembly (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYJanuary 12, 2014
The overall job itself was great, the management on the other hand could use a little more work on their communication skills. There are always two sides to a story. This was my first factory job and if all factories operate this way as far as production I will be looking for another job like this.
seasonal job
Machinist, Production Assembler  (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJuly 3, 2013
seasonal job wasn't there long enough

wasnt there long enough to give honest review
Very clean plant to work in, health conscious company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 14, 2013
Very fast passed company. Very big on training and education. Good chance for advancement in the company. Large company with a lot of employees, so a huge variety of co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the Mandatory OT on short notice, no exceptions, including Sat. and Sun. and the moving of employees to different shifts and departments on short notice, with no consideration for family or children.
Pros
monthly bonuses, good 401k, good health benefits for full timers
Cons
hard to get full time permanent employment. mostly seasonal hiring now.
Awesome Place to Work.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILDecember 6, 2012
The job was super easy, simple to perform. The co-workers were awesome. Ran the LAP table to lubricate piston housings was only there for two weeks and already was 5000 parts ahead of the previous shifts before ours. Production bonuses for producing more product than other shifts. They cared about their workers.

The only reason I left that job was cause of the distance, I was driving an old state truck with a V8 in it and couldn't afford the Gas to get there every day. My vehicle couldn't really handle 50 miles one way and 50 miles back on a regular basis was kinda hell on it.

I would love to work there again actually. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
stable environment, non-stressful, easy work, clean plant.
Cons
monotinous work, pay is low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hydro Gear. Our community is ready to answer.

Hydro Gear Reviews by Location