Hyland Software Employee Reviews

Project Manager, Internal Solutions Team (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 30, 2017
Hyland has a great employee atmosphere. The people, business and day to day are all wonderful. If you get lucky enough to get the opportunity to work at Hyland, take it!
Pros
Atmosphere, Culture, Training
Relaxed environment but lots of change
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 29, 2017
Lots of change so not sure where they are going, but its been a difficult road so far. The original Perceptive people are among the best. Hyland and Perceptive together is the best acquisition yet. Wishing them the best
Very exciting place to work
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 11, 2017
Hyland software is very unique with many things to offer. They have a lot of interesting things that many other work places don't have. For example, they have slides, a nail salon, a barbershop and many other things all in one building.
Great career starter - not recommended for experienced pros
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 27, 2017
I've been with the company for more than 10 years. It was a good place to "grow up" professionally. With the company's massive growth and the associated growing pains, it's become a much different environment. Job titles, managers, department alignment change too frequently to feel stable. Much effort was put into a "career lattice" that has no correlation to compensation or professional development (despite what is promised and documented). With big potential changes and growth on the horizon, it's exciting, but very stressful and feels unstable. And, for an experience professional, it can be frustrating to be surrounded by inexperience.
It's an ok place to work if you're not in Cleveland
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2017
Depending on which office you're in dictates how much you'll enjoy working here. Lots of changes going on 2016-present and things are less than ideal.
Pros
Free vending machine and snacks
Cons
Low pay and terrible benefits
Fun place to work, but compensation is horrible
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 8, 2017
Pros - Lots of corporate events, outside/after work activities, such as awesome holiday parties, awesome clam bake party, field day events, ect... There would be random days after work where its some drinking social event going on. So those are cool. Work life balance is good too.

Cons - The pros are very short because there's not much. Hyland doesn't like to spend money employees. You can make a lot more if your in any technical role at another place. Even when getting promoted, you're not making that much more. The good money $70k+ is from becoming a team lead or manager and it can take years to get there.

Another issue is just management (depends on your department/manager). But in my case, the communication was very poor as in they will tell you to do one thing, but expect the other. They will say it themselves that its a lot of grey area.

TLDR: The low compensation can only make up for the cool corporate events for so long. Low compensation leads to higher turnover rate and you will find out real quick that you're going to take on responsibilities outside the paygrade.
Pros
Awesome corporate events
Cons
Low compensation, high turnover rate, bad communication from managers
Great place to work for young professionals.
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 13, 2017
Great place to work for young professionals. Fun Culture and lots of corporate events. Travel for consultants if you are interested.

Flat corporate structure leaves little chance for advancement.
Pros
Onsite Day care, workout facilities and lots of corporate events
Cons
Flat corporate structure leaves little chance for advancement.
Not so best places to work
Project Managemnt (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 4, 2017
I have been working for Hyland Software for 9 years and every week I feel more violated then the previous week. Management is only out to protect themselves and profits and whatever is left over for the employees it is pre-chewed and tasteless. After 9 years I get a 2% raise after the company posted record profits. My raise did not even cover cost of living increase or the increase to the company sponsored health plan that most employees cannot afford. Profit sharing for 9 years is only about $150.00 per quarter. The perks they offer are considered part of your pay. Hyland offers no clear career path and if any it is changed often keeping you held up for development for years. No promotional opportunities unless you are tied to the family. Hyland's "Career Growth means doing more, Staying later than normal, and taking on more responsibility without any increase in compensation and high expectations. Hyland pays well below average salary but expects employees to work and act like they are being paid $100k. Hyland will tell you on a daily basis how lucky you are to work here and how amazing and great everyone is.
Pros
Free Diet soda and Coffee
Cons
Healthcare too expensive, Low salary, Poor management chain and way too many of them.
great parties and benefits, lousy work environment
Document Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 27, 2017
I can't speak for all departments, but the work environment is horrendous. However, the biggest issues is that there was not a cohesive way the company was ran. Each department had their own set of rules and it was not great to work at a place like that.
Pros
good food, parties, and perks
Cons
lousy leadership
Productive and fun place to work
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 16, 2016
I had a great time working at Hyland Software.
Great mentorship, everyone is very friendly and always available to help.
Fun work environment with many physical activities facilities on campus.
Enjoyable place
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Lake, OHSeptember 4, 2016
* usually writing test cases and execute them.
* management is very good.
* very nice co workers.
* most enjoyable part for me to find the defects ( if others don't find that defects).
Fun Work Place and Challenging
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Hyland Software is a great company to work and grow at. The OnBase Software is a vast application that requires a eagerness to learn. The more you learn the more valuable.

The pay could of course be better, but it is not bad for getting started.
Its not a bad place to work for if your dedicated to the company
Quality Assurance Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 31, 2016
Work wasn't to bad however management would tell you that you are doing great one week, then the following week tell you that you need a lot of improvement. They also stress that you are "Happy" to come to work and if you do not appear to be "happy" all the time, you are talked to about it.
Pros
Two 20 minute breaks and a half hour paid lunch
Cons
Health Care and pay were not that great.
Fun Workplace
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 7, 2016
Great place to work. Highly recommend. Pay is less than industry average but perks make up for it. I would work for this employer again in a minute.
Great atmosphere and friendly people!!
Image Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OhioAugust 16, 2015
There is always new projects you can learn. There is always some thing to do during your breaks and lunch. You can play volleyball, workout in the gym, or even play video games.
Pros
Take care of their employees very well.
Cons
The healthcare benefits are a little high for my salary.
Productive and Fun workplace
Global Trade Solution Specialist/Consultant (Current Employee) –  cleveland, OhioFebruary 15, 2015
from free beverages to basket ball and volley ball courts to gaming room and pingpong table and 2 fitness centers and many other perks.
company review
Data Entry/High-Security Scanning Technician (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 12, 2014
Poorly managed departments
great company perks and awesome co-workers to work along side of each day
many hard workers
learned invaluable computer skills
Pros
on site company perks; off site company perks; awesome co-workers
Cons
poorly managed; lower then average wages - no pay raises
Good starter job for new college graduate but not for seasoned professional
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 28, 2013
They say that their employees work hard and play hard, but the work hard part is a huge understatement.

The customers are fantastic and the work is very interesting. Attending training classes to further knowledge and obtaining Microsoft Certifications are a must. Working as a team is a must and co-workers are very welcoming and friendly. They provide several free items, like pop, candy, and spontaneous contests in the atrium, and on-site amenities that make life a little easier, like hair cuts, massages, travel agent, dietician, dry cleaning, car washes, etc.

For a college graduate, looking for that first job to get real world experience, this is a fantastic place to start. For those with experience, it is tempting to take a job there based on reputation that it is a great place to work, but this reputation is not enough to make up for the below industry standard pay.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn, interesting work, friendly co-workers
Cons
Management in certain departments, sweat shop work for below industry pay, advancement based on if you drink the kool-aid
Very Young Growing Software Company
Quality Assurance Developer (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 23, 2013
This was the type of place with a huge red slide in the atrium. It was a very free working environment. We had huge projects but as long as you made your goals you were left alone. I worked as a testing developer. Basically I made sure that any new code that was written addressed the client's requirements. I also tested to the software's functionality within existing code.
Pros
Very Creative Atmosphere, Improved my coding skills
Informal, friendly atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork and providing employees with everything they need to do their jobs
IS Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 18, 2013
Hyland management in general, and my managers in particular, were very good at setting goals and then enabling me to accomplish them. Although I reported status and progress regularly, no one attempted to micromanage my performance. I worked from home, so this was a blessing, because I could focus on what I needed to accomplish.

Hyland also excels at offering training. I took advantage of several internal training opportunities, and often noticed that colleagues were being sent to external courses.

My co-workers were almost all affable and responsive to my requests for information and assistance. The only area where I frequently faced difficulties was in getting others to review my work for errors and omissions.
Pros
Casual atmosphere with many fun activities, management is focussed on pleasing its customers and helping its employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyland Software. Our community is ready to answer.

Hyland Software Reviews by Location