Hyland Software Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 16, 2016
I had a great time working at Hyland Software.
Great mentorship, everyone is very friendly and always available to help.
Fun work environment with many physical activities facilities on campus.
Enjoyable place
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Lake, OHSeptember 4, 2016
* usually writing test cases and execute them.
* management is very good.
* very nice co workers.
* most enjoyable part for me to find the defects ( if others don't find that defects).
Fun Work Place and Challenging
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Hyland Software is a great company to work and grow at. The OnBase Software is a vast application that requires a eagerness to learn. The more you learn the more valuable.

The pay could of course be better, but it is not bad for getting started.
Its not a bad place to work for if your dedicated to the company
Quality Assurance Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 31, 2016
Work wasn't to bad however management would tell you that you are doing great one week, then the following week tell you that you need a lot of improvement. They also stress that you are "Happy" to come to work and if you do not appear to be "happy" all the time, you are talked to about it.
Pros
Two 20 minute breaks and a half hour paid lunch
Cons
Health Care and pay were not that great.
Fun Workplace
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 7, 2016
Great place to work. Highly recommend. Pay is less than industry average but perks make up for it. I would work for this employer again in a minute.
Great atmosphere and friendly people!!
Image Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OhioAugust 16, 2015
There is always new projects you can learn. There is always some thing to do during your breaks and lunch. You can play volleyball, workout in the gym, or even play video games.
Pros
Take care of their employees very well.
Cons
The healthcare benefits are a little high for my salary.
Productive and Fun workplace
Global Trade Solution Specialist/Consultant (Current Employee) –  cleveland, OhioFebruary 15, 2015
from free beverages to basket ball and volley ball courts to gaming room and pingpong table and 2 fitness centers and many other perks.
company review
Data Entry/High-Security Scanning Technician (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 12, 2014
Poorly managed departments
great company perks and awesome co-workers to work along side of each day
many hard workers
learned invaluable computer skills
Pros
on site company perks; off site company perks; awesome co-workers
Cons
poorly managed; lower then average wages - no pay raises
Good starter job for new college graduate but not for seasoned professional
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 28, 2013
They say that their employees work hard and play hard, but the work hard part is a huge understatement.

The customers are fantastic and the work is very interesting. Attending training classes to further knowledge and obtaining Microsoft Certifications are a must. Working as a team is a must and co-workers are very welcoming and friendly. They provide several free items, like pop, candy, and spontaneous contests in the atrium, and on-site amenities that make life a little easier, like hair cuts, massages, travel agent, dietician, dry cleaning, car washes, etc.

For a college graduate, looking for that first job to get real world experience, this is a fantastic place to start. For those with experience, it is tempting to take a job there based on reputation that it is a great place to work, but this reputation is not enough to make up for the below industry standard pay.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn, interesting work, friendly co-workers
Cons
Management in certain departments, sweat shop work for below industry pay, advancement based on if you drink the kool-aid
Very Young Growing Software Company
Quality Assurance Developer (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 23, 2013
This was the type of place with a huge red slide in the atrium. It was a very free working environment. We had huge projects but as long as you made your goals you were left alone. I worked as a testing developer. Basically I made sure that any new code that was written addressed the client's requirements. I also tested to the software's functionality within existing code.
Pros
Very Creative Atmosphere, Improved my coding skills

Want to know more about Hyland Software?

Ask a question
Informal, friendly atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork and providing employees with everything they need to do their jobs
IS Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 18, 2013
Hyland management in general, and my managers in particular, were very good at setting goals and then enabling me to accomplish them. Although I reported status and progress regularly, no one attempted to micromanage my performance. I worked from home, so this was a blessing, because I could focus on what I needed to accomplish.

Hyland also excels at offering training. I took advantage of several internal training opportunities, and often noticed that colleagues were being sent to external courses.

My co-workers were almost all affable and responsive to my requests for information and assistance. The only area where I frequently faced difficulties was in getting others to review my work for errors and omissions.
Pros
Casual atmosphere with many fun activities, management is focussed on pleasing its customers and helping its employees.
Some times what you see is not what you get ! Smoke screen
Child Enrichment Center Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 18, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job had to be interacting with the children and their families. I love working with the public ! So having good co-workers is very important to me so that we have a strong team of employee's. I have learned alot of computer skills. At Hyland they always promoted the one team therory. Some departments were not treated like we were all on the same team. But bench player's . One example is that only one department out of the whole company had to take a manditory hour lunch break with out gettitng paid. Witch would have been fine except all of the rest of the company got repaid back 30 mins of their lunch breaks, per the employee's manual. One team? Middle management at Hyland need some beefing up, management classes. For the most part I loved my job at Hyland. I loved going to work very day. Hyland just got to big too quickly and the middle managenent is very weak. Making life at Hyland very different now a days !
Pros
good health care but in 2014 the heath care will change and not be as good.
Cons
poor middle management !
Work hard, play hard
Telco Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 31, 2012
Employees are expected to give 110%
In return there are many "soft" benefits or perks:
on site hair salon
free snacks and beverages
pool & ping-pong table
no dress code
etc
Not the best fit for me
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 20, 2012
I felt that I could not go to management with any questions and get an answer that helped me. I felt that I had good teammates and co-workers around me but the management side of my job never allowed me to be comfortable at my position.
Fast paced growing company in ECM Software and Solutions
Advanced Capture Program Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 29, 2012
Excellent company for anyone who enjoys the IT industry in many different facets.
Pros
cutting edge software for ecm solutions
Cons
hard to be a sports fan in cleveland

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyland Software. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Hyland Software Reviews by Location

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime