Hyperion Biotechnology is looking for a Biostatistician to work part time (24 hrs/week) to provide statistical services and support compatible with the Clinical Investigations Facility (CIF) 60th MDG operating capacity and equipment at Travis AFB. Extensive understanding of biostatistical knowledge and clinical research designs is imperative to provide appropriate guidance for planning, designing, and performing clinical research studies, to train staff in principles of research design and statistical interpretation and to review professional publications and presentations.
Responsibilities – You will:
Provide expert guidance to primary investigators on appropriate experimental design:
Consult with primary investigators to refine research design and analytic plan
Review proposed research protocols to ensure adequate sample size and statistical analysis
Provide input and guidance into data collection and data management processes
Provide input and guidance into the statistical plan and presentation of statistical findings.
Provide data analysis services to primary investigators and other staff members:
Conduct statistical analysis with given data sets
Systematically re-code and clarify data sets to capture the clinical intent of the data
Use appropriate statistical software for data analysis
Interpret statistical findings with investigators
Train faculty, residents, students and other staff members on appropriate research design, data analysis and data presentation
Identify training needs and opportunities for hospital staff
Develop and present courses on topics such as the principles of research design, statistical and measurement methods, and other related issues
Present findings locally and nationally
Provide administrative support for the management of clinical research operations as necessary:
Maintain electronic and paper files of research protocols according to regs
Maintain a status directory of research protocols and provide appropriate follow up
Coordinate administrative tasks (scheduling, room reservations, etc.) to support research educational programs
Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Qualifications - You must have:
- Knowledge of research methodology in a variety of scientific fields to develop the scientific hypothesis, determine appropriate variable selection and measurement methods, establish termination rules, design and manage a database, determine resources required, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Compliance knowledge of parametric and nonparametric hypothesis tests, univariate and multivariate linear and nonlinear modeling, life table analysis, time series analysis and instrument validation procedures.
- Computer skills in statistical packages, such as STATA, SPSS, or equivalent, spreadsheet/relational database software, word processing, graphic, e-mail and database software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) Infection Control and Employee Health Programs
- Skilled in writing memos, correspondence, abstracts, articles and proposals
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Ability to interface with investigators, vendors and research staff
- Master’s degree in a scientific field or equivalent; PhD is preferred
- Extensive graduate (post baccalaureate) coursework in biostatistics
- At least 2 years’ experience providing statistical consultation in a research setting within the past 5 years.
- Familiarity with human subjects research and regulations
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS). You must maintain active certification as long as you have this job
To apply: Please tell us what you’ve done that makes you perfect for this position. Submit your resume through this website only; no phone calls, please. Include your availability and desired salary.
Hyperion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. You may self-identify on a voluntary basis. No question on the form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. The company is required by federal regulations to report information as requested on the form. Your contribution of this information is completely voluntary and in no way affects the decision regarding your employment opportunity. The information you provide is strictly confidential and will be maintained separate from your application form. To access the form, cut and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/257YNVT
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard