Hyperion Biotechnology is seeking an experienced Program Manager to manage daily operations of a lab animal research center. Your major responsibility is to ensure that CDC research animals are provided care and maintenance according to SOP)s. In addition, you will oversee Labware (including stockroom inventory management and laundry) and Lab Waste Decontamination and Disposal.
- Train and supervise Animal Care Technicians and Technical personnel.
- Coordinate and plan operations with the customer.
- Perform daily Quality Control inspections of animal areas.
- Assign work to animal caretaker staff.
- Ensure that the instructions of the Project Manager and Chief of Veterinary Services are implemented.
- Ensure that staff adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Provide progress reports, including problems incurred in over-seeing daily operations, solutions undertaken to correct problems, progress in accomplishing duties, and suggestions for more efficient operations.
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), safety procedures, and quality assurance guidelines for husbandry operations.
- Perform daily animal health surveillance checks and report and document any abnormal conditions of either the animals or the animal room environment to supervisory staff.
- Provide food and water to animals following SOPs or approved protocols.
- Perform routine animal husbandry.
- Receive, examine, transfer, identify, and properly house, incoming animal shipments according to SOPs.
- Sanitize and decontaminate all areas of the animal facility.
- Dispose of waste in accordance with SOPs.
- Maintain basic repair of animal caging and support equipment.
- Assist with the receipt, stocking, and maintenance of all supply inventories.
- Establishing and maintaining a system to document and support Quality Assurance programs associated with husbandry operations.
- Prepare and submit records, charts, logs, and inventories as required by SOPs.
- Receiving, loading, unloading, unpacking, assembly, and delivery of new and used caging equipment and accessories.
- Gather information and prepare the monthly report and all other deliverables.
- Coordinate all occupational health requirements for staff and maintain fit-for-duty forms.
- Experience with animal husbandry, handling animals, and/or veterinary support services.
- Supervisory experience
The position offers excellent benefits and compensation.
To apply: Please tell us what you’ve done that makes you perfect for this position. Submit your resume through this website only; no phone calls, please. Include your availability and desired salary.
Hyperion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. You may self-identify on a voluntary basis. No question on the form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. The company is required by federal regulations to report information as requested on the form. Your contribution of this information is completely voluntary and in no way affects the decision regarding your employment opportunity. The information you provide is strictly confidential and will be maintained separate from your application form. To access the form, cut and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/257YNVT