Naval Medical Research Unit - Fort Sam Houston - San Antonio, TX
Hyperion Biotechnology is looking for two PhD-level Research Scientists (Environmental Toxicology and Neurophysiology) and one Senior Lab Technician (Physiology/Biophysicist) to work at Ft. Sam Houston to provide research expertise in support of transitionary efforts associated with Combat Casualty Care, Operational Medicine, and Craniofacial Health and Restorative Medicine. Projects currently under way are maturing via the R&D phase and into the Operations and Maintenance phase.
The US Navy is interested in protecting against the hazards and treating the injuries that occur on the modern battlefield. We are interested in talking to scientists about the following:
Advanced wound healing technologies- Wound healing experience in various models including rodent and swine, experience with regenerative medicine including application of stem cells, EM field stimulation, scaffolds either living or non-living, or other approaches that can increase the rate and quality of dermal, muscle or bone healing in otherwise healthy individuals.
Trauma Medicine- Experience with shock physiology including inflammation and immunological dysfunction attending shock and trauma, novel resuscitation strategies including use of synthetic blood using human clinical, swine and rodent models.
Biology of genotoxicity- Experience with the toxicology related to exposure through the whole EM spectrum and including drugs that damage DNA either directly or indirectly and including heavy metal generated toxicity.
Neurophysiology related to healing- We are interested in finding individuals with experience in understanding how local neuroendocrine signaling pathways affect the rates and quality of wound healing and response to trauma.
Qualifications - You must have:
- For Scientist, PhD in life-sciences
- For Sr. Lab Tech, an MS or a BS + 3 years’ experience in Physiology or Biophysics
- Knowledge and skills in animal models.
- Knowledge and ability to perform tasks associated with the collection, collation, analyses and summation of data resulting from the experimental manipulations.
- Knowledge and ability to create computer database files for the purpose of analyses and archiving.
- Ability to formulate and organize ideas in order to design and produce coherent manuscripts.
- Knowledge of and skills in presentation techniques including design, construction, and actual presentation (i.e., public speaking) skills.
- Knowledge and ability to incorporate computer generated illustrations into a written document.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant databases and accompanying analyses.
To apply: Please tell us what you’ve done that makes you perfect for this position. Submit your resume through this website only; no phone calls, please. Include your availability and desired salary.
Hyperion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. You may self-identify on a voluntary basis. No question on the form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. The company is required by federal regulations to report information as requested on the form. Your contribution of this information is completely voluntary and in no way affects the decision regarding your employment opportunity. The information you provide is strictly confidential and will be maintained separate from your application form. To access the form, cut and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/257YNVT
Indeed - 7 months ago