HYPERION BIOTECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews

Important job but pay is not reciprocated
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZAugust 12, 2017
Customers can be the best and the worst. SomeZ treat us as if we have no knowledge of DEERS or the military life when actually 100% of our office has military connections either as a dependent veteran or retiree. But we don't express that we take it on the chin and do our jobs. Daily we help customers fix errors or omissions that could leave them without benefits without hesitation but get paid a mere 14.30 an hour no chance for raise or incentive pay and absolutely no overtime.
Pros
Love working for military community. Great local and regional management good great coworkers
Cons
Pay is too low for the responsibility we have
Nice place to work
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 4, 2017
Good company to work for, pay could be better. Company paid benefits are on par with most companies, however health care package could stand some improvement.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Pay
Great Manager & Co-Workers, Job Requires Vast Knowledge, Higher Pay Needed and Unprepared Customers!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAMay 1, 2017
Fast-paced work environment, continuous learning in the job. Rare down time. Unprepared customers. Some customers try to use their rank or bully the personnel assistant if they don't have the 2 required forms of ID to obtain a new mil ID card/CAC. It doesn't work! The hardest part of the job was telling customers they lacked the required forms of ID. The most enjoyable part of the job when a customer had the required proof of ID and a new Mil ID/CAC could be issued.
Pros
Great Manager, Co-Workers and Work Hours!
Cons
Low pay for required knowledge, Unprepared Customers
Great Company
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Good benefits. I only left because of personal reasons. I would recommend them to anyone that needs a good job and great personnel to work for.
Productive place to work
Personnel Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85707June 11, 2016
Co-workers get alone great. Company is very helpful when information is needed and are wiling to work with you. If you like working with customers face to face then this job is for you.
Fair and Honest Company
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
I appreciated the fair and honest individuals I worked with on this temporary assignment. Everyone treated one another with respect and the environment was healthy and happy.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
N/a
Great place to learn
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 7, 2016
Enjoyed working with the military and the customers. The overall work enviorment was great. Inconsistent leadership.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Leadership
Great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Detrick, MDOctober 12, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Great company and nice people to talked to and work for. Money is good, benefits could be better. Very big and upcoming research contract company with a lot of contract in the Maryland location.
Good work environment, but embarassing pay.
Management (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home AFB, IDSeptember 25, 2015
I've worked in the same job for over a decade, but took a significant pay cut when Hyperion was awarded the contract. Most positions at my location require post secondary education and/or professional certification, yet Hyperion set the pay so low that local unskilled labor jobs in fast food and retail stores often pay better. Reactions by past applicants ranges from laughter to utter disbelief.
Pros
Professional work environment
Cons
Company does not offer a living wage
Great Place to work. Excellent Management. Low wages.
Motor Transportation Assistant / Clerk (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 18, 2015
The management team is second to none. They really care about the employees. It is a family atmosphere and everyone looks out for each other. Working with the military members is very rewarding. The only issues are slim to no advancement opportunities and low pay wages. Would love to work there again if wages were increased.
Pros
World Class caring leaders! Job Satisfaction! Great Military Members! Medical and Dental.
Cons
slim to no advancement opportunities and low pay wages
Excellent Company
Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2015
The increase in salary, program enhancing, and optimal management provided an opportunity to learn more about working within the military and assisting victims.
Excellent Work Place
Transportation Facilitator (Current Employee) –  georgiaJuly 25, 2014
Great place to work. Good people! Military and civilians work perfectly together. Great place for someone who is retired or just starting a career.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
fast pace
Veryfying Official (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 21, 2014
A great realaxed but fast pace I
enviorment .The hardest part of the job is memorizing what to do in every situation, so read the AFI and rapids guide. The best part is helping out the military families. It would not have been so bad if direct supervision was not so harsh.
Pros
flexiable with family emergencies
Cons
team leaders can be a bit snippy