Hypertherm Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to further education
Assembler (Former Employee) –  HyperthermJanuary 3, 2016
Used to be a Great company to work for until the owners stepped away. It is controlled by HR and Upper Management that only cares about their personal profits and not what the individual associate really contributes to the day to day profit margin. Operation leaders only care about their personal favorites and terminate the honest people.
Pros
Total Benefits package
Cons
Leadership at the Operations level and HR can not be trusted
Review
Active member (Current Employee) –  Lebanon,NHJuly 24, 2015
A typical day involves replenishing material on the assembly lines to ensure production flow at the fast pace expectation set forth by the value stream leaders. I have learned professional excellence from Hypertherm's core values. I have also learned how to manage certain responsibilities within Oracle. My immediate co-workers work very well with me. I enjoy them very much. There is a lot of physical demand with this job that is very awkward and difficult to manage all day long. Although I can handle the work, I am looking for a position that I can develop a career with. At Hypertherm, I am having a difficult time growing within due to a lack of experience.
Very busy but alot of fun.
Order Fullfillment Specialst 2 (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJune 24, 2015
Hypertherm was a very fun, friendly and family oriented company. No matter where you went everyone knew you and the atmosphere was like one huge family. There were many days that we were pulling out hair out we were so busy but everyone always pulled their own weighted and we would complete the job at hand.
Pros
benefits, associate well being, associate advancement, "family".
Great company to work for
Mainteneace Technician (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 7, 2015
I work here now and this company is a great place to work. It provides great benefits and the work enviroment is also great.
Pros
Its just a good company to work for.
Former Assembler
Assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJune 21, 2014
Co-workers can be very cut throat and some even enjoy it when you make mistakes. Way Too competitive for my taste. Leaders are like Stepford Wives..they are fake to your face for three months and than take you down in your review, marking you down for even the slightest flaw. Don't get hurt at this place, if you do you will get a low score for safety in your review which could cost you an otherwise deserved promotion. They are harder on the hard workers and let the slackers get away with everything. How this place got Best Place to work in NH is beyond me.
Cons
it sucks
Open friendly environment
Senior Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHMarch 19, 2014
Rated #1 place to work in NH by Better Business NH in 2014.

Hypertherm continually invests in its associates making for a healthy and productive environment. The company cares about their people, their product and their community. This is plainly evident in the culture of all that Hypertherm.

Hypertherm provides Community Service Time off for employees to encourage working in the community.
Worked well with employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJanuary 24, 2014
This was a contract position. However the temp agancy and Hypertherm were great companies to work for. Really took care of thier employees on both a professional and personal level. I was able to gain great experience to back up my education in IT, CS, and Networking. Co-workers were helpful and thier when I needed assistance
I really like working here but they need to work on certain areas within the company!!!
assembler (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJune 7, 2012
I wish they would of hired me on full-time cause they really liked my work and everyone liked me, and I did apply to different jobs within the company like I was told.
Pros
i really liked working with everyone there i had fun.
Cons
i feel like there is no communication within the company
Great summer job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHJune 21, 2012
It was over all a great experience and I would love to work there again in the future if at all possible. I would recommend a job at Hypertherm for any one who is looking to start a career in the engineering field or some one who wants to get more experience dealing with a big company.
Pros
pay, hours, flexibility, and people
A good place to work, good benefits and people.
Order Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHApril 3, 2013
Picking, packing and shipping customer orders.

Always ask why, and push for answers.

Management is good, improvement is to be had.

Dealing with limited space in the area.

When you complete every order for the day, by the end of the day.
Safe place to work and educational
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHMarch 11, 2013
Great place to work with room for advancement but many different personalities. 3rd shift is lacking the appropriate management and leader skills.
Pros
educational and room to advance
Cons
poor offshift management and communication ; favoritism
dishonest management at hypertherm
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHFebruary 7, 2014
like i said dishonest people run this company owners are very nice but do not know what goes on there since they have grown so big.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not a very honest company to work for
Very good culture and place for Engineering innovation
Technical Publications Leader (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHNovember 1, 2013
Very people oriented culture with an a great work-life balance. Especially a good place for Engineering career paths.
Pros
culture, life-work balance.
Fun Place to Work
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHDecember 16, 2014
A place were it is employee owned and profit share are great every year. the management team is great they care about everyone that works there
Excellent place to work
Product Marketing Manager, Torch and Consumables (Current Employee) –  Hanover, NHMay 8, 2014
Excellent place to work. It is a bit off the beaten path and you got to love winter.
Very analytical in some groups.
Good teamwork throughout
Manufacturing Process Engineering (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHNovember 29, 2013
teams work well together to solve or improve the way daily business is done
Pros
internal wellness center
Cons
n/a
assembler
Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  lebanon nhFebruary 6, 2014
It was a great place to work, we would build plasma cutters as a team and get a lot of work done every night.
Unsatisfactory
Level III Assembler & Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, NHMay 3, 2012
A typical day at Hypertherm is get to work, have morning meeting for 10 mins, then start building. Build every 10 mins, 12 mins or 20 mins, depending on which machine you are building. When you finish that machine build again continue cycle every hr. Co-workers were mostly complaining all day. Management was the worst tho, they could change any process at any given time if it meant better quantity. It used to be a place that was more concerned about quality and now it is more about quantity. They played favorites with the associates. They demorilized associates when they decided that they didn't like them. The owners core values of associated well being and growth are just words. I watched associates getting hurt and management not care or do things to insure it was fixed so it wouldn't happen. They had 4 associates that had wrist problems from 1 station alone. When you question them about fixing it, they mark you and make a point of targeting you until they can get you to quit or make up some reason to fire you. Firing people is how they can say they are a no layoff policy company.
When a close family member of mine was dying, I asked to leave early to be with my niece and nephew when they were told there mom was dying and my boss said you know you get 5 days off when she dies. I was shocked by this comment. So as far as family, management doesn't care.
As far as the growth part, there wasn't any for someone in my position unless you were a bosses favorite or you went back to school. It was a dead end job. Someone wanted out of our department so bad, they put in for a job and
  more... was told he would have to take a $4.00hr cut in pay.
The hardest part of the job was the fact that you work so closely with others and to listen all day long to people complaining about things bring you down.
The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching others. I made some lifelong friends there.
Pros
the benefit package
Cons
management caring about quantity, quality or associates health and well being.

Hypertherm Reviews by Location