Hypertherm

Hypertherm Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
Product Marketing Manager, Torch and Consumables (Current Employee), Hanover, NHMay 8, 2014
Excellent place to work. It is a bit off the beaten path and you got to love winter.
Very analytical in some groups.
Open friendly environment
Senior Operations Support (Current Employee), Hanover, NHMarch 19, 2014
Rated #1 place to work in NH by Better Business NH in 2014.

Hypertherm continually invests in its associates making for a healthy and productive environment. The company cares about their people, their product and their community. This is plainly evident in the culture of all that Hypertherm.

Hypertherm provides Community Service Time off for employees – more... to encourage working in the community. – less
dishonest management at hypertherm
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee), Lebanon, NHFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not a very honest company to work for
like i said dishonest people run this company owners are very nice but do not know what goes on there since they have grown so big.
assembler
Assembler 1 (Former Employee), lebanon nhFebruary 6, 2014
It was a great place to work, we would build plasma cutters as a team and get a lot of work done every night.
Worked well with employees
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hanover, NHJanuary 24, 2014
This was a contract position. However the temp agancy and Hypertherm were great companies to work for. Really took care of thier employees on both a professional and personal level. I was able to gain great experience to back up my education in IT, CS, and Networking. Co-workers were helpful and thier when I needed assistance
Good teamwork throughout
Manufacturing Process Engineering (Former Employee), Hanover, NHNovember 29, 2013
Pros: internal wellness center
Cons: n/a
teams work well together to solve or improve the way daily business is done
Very good culture and place for Engineering innovation
Technical Publications Leader (Current Employee), Hanover, NHNovember 1, 2013
Pros: culture, life-work balance.
Very people oriented culture with an a great work-life balance. Especially a good place for Engineering career paths.
A good place to work, good benefits and people.
Order Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee), Hanover, NHApril 3, 2013
Picking, packing and shipping customer orders.

Always ask why, and push for answers.

Management is good, improvement is to be had.

Dealing with limited space in the area.

When you complete every order for the day, by the end of the day.
Safe place to work and educational
Machine Operator I (Former Employee), Hanover, NHMarch 11, 2013
Pros: educational and room to advance
Cons: poor offshift management and communication ; favoritism
Great place to work with room for advancement but many different personalities. 3rd shift is lacking the appropriate management and leader skills.
Inventory Manager - Distribution Team (Former Employee), Hanover, NHOctober 7, 2012
Pros: excellent change management driven by growth
Cons: growth leads to uncertainty in tasks, but good managers eliminate obstacles
I was with this company for nearly 15 years. They are a great company to work for, providing excellent benefits including profit sharing, inexpensive health and dental insurance and employee ownership. Combined with a strong culture of associate ownership, this company comes highly recommended.
Great summer job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hanover, NHJune 21, 2012
Pros: pay, hours, flexibility, and people
It was over all a great experience and I would love to work there again in the future if at all possible. I would recommend a job at Hypertherm for any one who is looking to start a career in the engineering field or some one who wants to get more experience dealing with a big company.
I really like working here but they need to work on certain areas within the company!!!
assembler (Former Employee), Hanover, NHJune 7, 2012
Pros: i really liked working with everyone there i had fun.
Cons: i feel like there is no communication within the company
I wish they would of hired me on full-time cause they really liked my work and everyone liked me, and I did apply to different jobs within the company like I was told.
Unsatisfactory
Level III Assembler & Technical Trainer (Former Employee), Hanover, NHMay 3, 2012
Pros: the benefit package
Cons: management caring about quantity, quality or associates health and well being.
A typical day at Hypertherm is get to work, have morning meeting for 10 mins, then start building. Build every 10 mins, 12 mins or 20 mins, depending on which machine you are building. When you finish that machine build again continue cycle every hr. Co-workers were mostly complaining all day. Management was the worst tho, they could change any process – more... at any given time if it meant better quantity. It used to be a place that was more concerned about quality and now it is more about quantity. They played favorites with the associates. They demorilized associates when they decided that they didn't like them. The owners core values of associated well being and growth are just words. I watched associates getting hurt and management not care or do things to insure it was fixed so it wouldn't happen. They had 4 associates that had wrist problems from 1 station alone. When you question them about fixing it, they mark you and make a point of targeting you until they can get you to quit or make up some reason to fire you. Firing people is how they can say they are a no layoff policy company.
When a close family member of mine was dying, I asked to leave early to be with my niece and nephew when they were told there mom was dying and my boss said you know you get 5 days off when she dies. I was shocked by this comment. So as far as family, management doesn't care.
As far as the growth part, there wasn't any for someone in my position unless you were a bosses favorite or you went back to school. It was a dead end job. Someone wanted out of our department so bad, they put in for a job and was told he would have to take a $4.00hr cut in pay.
The hardest part of the job was the fact that you work so closely with others and to listen all day long to people complaining about things bring you down.
The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching others. I made some lifelong friends there. – less

About Hypertherm

From the beginning, Hypertherm established itself as the innovator in plasma cutting technology. In fact, Hypertherm was the first – Read more

Hypertherm Photos