HIGH RISE EXPERIENCE A PLUS
The Superintendent is one of the most important employees in the overall operation of the company. He or she is responsible for scheduling, monitoring, and controlling the day-to-day- execution of the work, progress and performance of the project. The Superintendent is also responsible for the administration and control of all aspects of the Hypower site specific Safety and compliance objectives. The Superintendent reports to the General Superintendent and works directly with the Project Manager responsible for the current project for which he or she is assigned.
- Coordinate and implement the Project Baseline schedule in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Assist the Project Manger in updating the Project schedule on a weekly basis
- Manage site Pre-construction (including Pre-construction take-off survey, Jobsite Utilization Plan, Staging Plan)
- Maintain the established Safety Plan throughout construction
- Provide information as required to field personnel, subcontractors, management support staff (including Purchasing) and vendors.
- Supervise field site mobilization, temporary power vaults and office trailer set-up
- Manage field site administration (including work documentation, T & M work orders, subcontractor management, project process documentation, and work force productivity)
- Oversee personnel administration (field staff), including daily timesheets, performance reviews, attendance and time off requests.
- Oversee construction and subcontractors – directs and supervise field staff in accordance with project plan and schedule compliance.
- Maintain and update on a DAILY basis as-builts for the project
- Assist Project Manager with Project Closeout Schedule
- Assist Project Manager with Submittal Review
- Assist Project Manager with Material take offs
- Work with Cad department to generate a complete set of layout drawings
Documentation and Meetings
- Provide Progress Report with Three-Week Look-Ahead Schedule to the Project Manager and field staff
- Meet with or contact permitting, building, public works, fire and police officials as required
- Provide Project manger with daily site information (Daily Job Diary), including electrical work in progress, jobsite project progress, jobsite issues, receiving slips for material received, Hypower and rental equipment utilization
- Conduct weekly Safety and jobsite information meetings with field staff and assigned subcontractors
- Attend GC or Owner’s meetings as required
- Maintain quality standards to ensure the project construction conforms to the contract documents and that the subcontractors and vendors performance is acceptable
- Prepare closeout documents (Punch Lists, As-Builts, Work Lists, warranties, demobilization commissioning)
- Plan and Coordinate the training of Owners and/or GC’s on building and component systems
Any problems or difficulties the Superintendent foresees must be communicated to the Project Manager immediately, so that the project team has time to formulate the most cost effective and safe solutions. In addition to reporting information to the Project Manger, the Superintendent can request advice and assistance from the General Superintendent for issues or problems with materials, sequencing, scheduling, and personnel (including non-performing or uncooperative subcontractors or vendors).
As illustrated, the Superintendent is involved in managing every point in the process and is extremely critical to the success of the project.
Please visit our website and explore all Hypower Inc. has to offer you and your family. We are a traditional, family based company with a passion for innovation. You'll be joining a group of professionals dedicated to being the best specialty contractor in Florida and the Southeastern United States. We offer competitive Pay Rates and an excellent work environment. We offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits Package that includes health, dental, life and AD&D insurance, 401K plan, vacation pay, and paid holidays.
If your experience matches the qualifications of the Electrical Superintendent (High-Rise) position, please apply online at