Hytorc Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 20, 2017
Try selling a 10K tool in a 4K market. There tools are way over priced. Management gets the low hanging fruit and sales reps are left with smaller companies that can get tools much cheaper. The training is terrible and you make no money.
Pros
Good Pizza
Cons
Tools are way over priced.
Always something new
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  MIDWESTApril 21, 2017
I have worked for HYTORC for over 5 years and I have seen the company grow in many areas. It is exciting to be a part of a company that is the leader in the industry, and always strives to provide customers the best, cutting edge, products. As with any company, there are challenges, but if you are able to work through the challenges, HYTORC is a great company. It is true, HYTORC expects a lot from employees, but also provides a great deal, including terrific insurance and 401K benefits. It is a company that provides great freedom for those who prove to be a strong performers.
I learned how to become a manager of a store here
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKMarch 21, 2017
It was a little scary being put under the influence of a boss so early on. She had me letting all the other girls go one by one. By letting them go i mean she had me fire them when i hadnt been working there longer than a month yet. She had me nder the title of management but could not legally up my pay until i had worked there a certain ammount of time. At least thats what i was told. I enjoyed all the responsibility i was given and the amount of trust she gave me. This employment helped me become who i am and i learned a lot here.
Pros
I got all the responsibilities of owning a company
Cons
The company had to close down unfortunately.
don't do it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Hackensack, NJOctober 19, 2016
This is not a good place , employees at hytorc have a superiority complex and treat new employees bad.
Stay away for your own sake.

Do not work for this company they fired people left and right

Stay away they are really bad !
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Backstabbing co-workers, very malicious people for no reason
I wouldn't recommend working at Hytorc of Texas to anyone
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I worked out of the Texas location in Houston. I must agree that for bring such a large company it was very unprofessional. The GM had no "manegerial" bone is his body and was also very unprofessional. There was a ton a "favoritism" which made for a very hostile working environment. The receptionist, which btw couldn't even get the "wind van" billing correct with NO EXPERIENCE was promoted to HR/Controller if you can imagine that! This location was a complete joke which makes me sad because I actually enjoyed my job duties there. As far as the atmosphere it was always a hostile environment.
Pros
flexible hours, paid vacation and pto
Cons
Poor management, favoritism amongst employees, hostile work environment, Negativity on a daily basis, Poor training, No accountability
Enjoyed my time here
Training Manger (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
I loved working for HYTORC, I only wish there had been more business to justify my position. I was salaried worked out of my home. Great people to work with.
Temp job but great pay!
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 18, 2016
This was a temp job as a data entry operator. Great pay. Only lasted about few months. Good training. Close to home. Hours were great. 9-6
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Nothing to say
A relaxed atmosphere, with very friendly people.
A/P Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 8, 2015
Collect the mail and sort it, separate the mail for both companies; running A/P for both Hytorc and Jetyd. Evrything for both companies was kept completely separate . Processed all invoices in Great Plains, ran checks for Jetyd on Thursday and ran checks for for A Hytorc on Friday. Ran all financial reports for the CEO and the CFO, processed commission checks once a month for the salesmen. Make daily bank deposits for A/R, send out the daily mail and occasionally help out with coverage on the main entrance and phone lines. All calls came in through us for both Hytorc and Jetyd. Learned a great accounting soft ware, enjoyed meeting my deadlines weekly, had very friendly employees. The owners treated us very well with free bagels every morning, catered lunch once a week, multiple BBQ's during the summer. The hardest part about this position is the volume, and phone calls, and statements and filing. I enjoyed this position, it was a lot of experience.
Pros
it was an enjoyable place to work, the big bosses really showed their employees that they were appreciated.
Cons
For a large company, it was not a very professional surrounding.
Productive workplace
Order Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 18, 2015
My coworkers are friendly and hard-working with the common goal of bettering the company. Everyone contributes to meeting and exceeding the company's objectives.
Great company to work for
customer service (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 9, 2015
I have been with Hytorc for over 8 years and have loved every minute, the good and bad. I have been challenged since day one to bring my “A” game, which is what I love a good challenge. Working for a family owned company has advantages over corporate america, your opinion matters and is taken to heart. It is a company that puts its customers and employees first no questions asked. It is a breath of fresh air working for a company that is always thinking outside of the box, taking us to the next level way ahead of our competitors. There are long hours to get the job done but a sense of satisfaction once you have it done. The company shows its appreciation by offering great benefits and many many extra perks. With any family there are challenges but the reward is we all pull together to get the job done as a family. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Overall a very unorganized company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso,txOctober 27, 2014
This company seems like a good job at first, travel to new york for training so on and so forth. but when it comes to your life. this job is your life. say good by to your family. and hello to backstabbing shi* talking coworkers.the only good thing about this company is the insurance. even there bonus program they figure out how to screw you out of your money.
Pros
insurance
Cons
Challenging and stimulating workplace where ownership cares about their employees
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 19, 2014
The work environment is very demanding. I find myself being pushed towards excellence. Since I believe in the leadership, I can feel that their push is leading me to achieve more than if I were on my own. This forces me to intensely focus and grow, both professionally and personally. I tend to enjoy a great feeling of satisfaction when my projects are completed. It is a rewarding experience working with my direct manager. We celebrate when we win the "big games", but we also take notice of and enjoy the small victories along the way. It was an excellent decision on my part to go to Hytorc and run with the best.
Pros
Generous Benefits Package, 3 Weeks + My Birthday as a Paid Vacation, BBQ's on the grounds behind the office (catered), 1 Hour Lunches, Challenging / Stimulating Work Environment
Cons
Hard Work, Constant Adapting/Adjusting to New Environments and Direction
Promises and promises..
calibration technician (Former Employee) –  Mahwah NJSeptember 5, 2014
A lot of jelousy and back stabbers...people just complaint all day bout how bad the company is and how great it was before the original owner died...now they can't keep employees
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
everything else
Great Benefits and Pay
Shipping Supervisor/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mahwah NJJuly 30, 2014
Very unorganized, Management is not good, They hire a new Manager every year. Pay is good and benefits are good. I really like what i did there and was proud of what i learned.
Pros
Healthcare, Pay
Cons
Management, breaks, Unorganized
Very scrambled management, no leadership
Technician/ Sales (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 15, 2014
Was promised 6 figure salary
No cold call sales
Not micro managed
Toughest job I ever had
International Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 12, 2013
HYTORC is the global leader in Torque. When I was hired 14 people held my job in 7 years. I was promoted and given 2, 25% raises. 75% travel was too much.
Pros
Experience
Cons
7-80% international travel.
Beware
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 9, 2013
Beware. You will be promised many things that they will not follow through on. Family owned, you must brown nose to get any increase in pay. Coworkers will stab you in the back even those under you and management will believe anything. Poorly managed by individuals without higher education, experience, or professionalism. Extremely high turnover rate employees are layed off every year or more often (about 70 total employees). You have been warned. Company is profitable because of worldwide sales handled by independent sales offices.
Pros
Comp, Medical
Cons
Lack of professionalism, organization, management.
Good experience
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 4, 2013
Was able to gain management experience. Implemented applicant tracking system.
Pros
gained a lot of knowledge
benefits
nice
Calibration Technician (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 21, 2012
good, excellent, awesome, great, super, terrific.
not sure what else to say but it was fun.
Pros
friendly
Cons
nothing