Hytorc Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
customer service (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 9, 2015
I have been with Hytorc for over 8 years and have loved every minute, the good and bad. I have been challenged since day one to bring my “A” game, which is what I love a good challenge. Working for a family owned company has advantages over corporate america, your opinion matters and is taken to heart. It is a company that puts its customers and employees first no questions asked. It is a breath of fresh air working for a company that is always thinking outside of the box, taking us to the next level way ahead of our competitors. There are long hours to get the job done but a sense of satisfaction once you have it done. The company shows its appreciation by offering great benefits and many many extra perks. With any family there are challenges but the reward is we all pull together to get the job done as a family. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
family environment
Temp job but great pay!
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 18, 2016
This was a temp job as a data entry operator. Great pay. Only lasted about few months. Good training. Close to home. Hours were great. 9-6
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Nothing to say
Challenging and stimulating workplace where ownership cares about their employees
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 19, 2014
The work environment is very demanding. I find myself being pushed towards excellence. Since I believe in the leadership, I can feel that their push is leading me to achieve more than if I were on my own. This forces me to intensely focus and grow, both professionally and personally. I tend to enjoy a great feeling of satisfaction when my projects are completed. It is a rewarding experience working with my direct manager. We celebrate when we win the "big games", but we also take notice of and enjoy the small victories along the way. It was an excellent decision on my part to go to Hytorc and run with the best.
Pros
generous benefits package, 3 weeks + my birthday as a paid vacation, bbq's on the grounds behind the office (catered), 1 hour lunches, challenging / stimulating work environment
Cons
hard work, constant adapting/adjusting to new environments and direction
A relaxed atmosphere, with very friendly people.
A/P Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 8, 2015
Collect the mail and sort it, separate the mail for both companies; running A/P for both Hytorc and Jetyd. Evrything for both companies was kept completely separate . Processed all invoices in Great Plains, ran checks for Jetyd on Thursday and ran checks for for A Hytorc on Friday. Ran all financial reports for the CEO and the CFO, processed commission checks once a month for the salesmen. Make daily bank deposits for A/R, send out the daily mail and occasionally help out with coverage on the main entrance and phone lines. All calls came in through us for both Hytorc and Jetyd. Learned a great accounting soft ware, enjoyed meeting my deadlines weekly, had very friendly employees. The owners treated us very well with free bagels every morning, catered lunch once a week, multiple BBQ's during the summer. The hardest part about this position is the volume, and phone calls, and statements and filing. I enjoyed this position, it was a lot of experience.
Pros
it was an enjoyable place to work, the big bosses really showed their employees that they were appreciated.
Cons
For a large company, it was not a very professional surrounding.
Great Benefits and Pay
Shipping Supervisor/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mahwah NJJuly 30, 2014
Very unorganized, Management is not good, They hire a new Manager every year. Pay is good and benefits are good. I really like what i did there and was proud of what i learned.
Pros
healthcare, pay
Cons
management, breaks, unorganized
Promises and promises..
calibration technician (Former Employee) –  Mahwah NJSeptember 5, 2014
A lot of jelousy and back stabbers...people just complaint all day bout how bad the company is and how great it was before the original owner died...now they can't keep employees
Pros
great benefits
Cons
everything else
Toughest job I ever had
International Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 12, 2013
HYTORC is the global leader in Torque. When I was hired 14 people held my job in 7 years. I was promoted and given 2, 25% raises. 75% travel was too much.
Pros
experience
Cons
7-80% international travel.
Good experience
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 4, 2013
Was able to gain management experience. Implemented applicant tracking system.
Pros
gained a lot of knowledge
benefits
Very scrambled management, no leadership
Technician/ Sales (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 15, 2014
Was promised 6 figure salary
No cold call sales
Not micro managed
Productive workplace
Order Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 18, 2015
My coworkers are friendly and hard-working with the common goal of bettering the company. Everyone contributes to meeting and exceeding the company's objectives.
Beware
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 9, 2013
Beware. You will be promised many things that they will not follow through on. Family owned, you must brown nose to get any increase in pay. Coworkers will stab you in the back even those under you and management will believe anything. Poorly managed by individuals without higher education, experience, or professionalism. Extremely high turnover rate employees are layed off every year or more often (about 70 total employees). You have been warned. Company is profitable because of worldwide sales handled by independent sales offices.
Pros
comp, medical
Cons
lack of professionalism, organization, management.
Overall a very unorganized company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso,txOctober 27, 2014
This company seems like a good job at first, travel to new york for training so on and so forth. but when it comes to your life. this job is your life. say good by to your family. and hello to backstabbing shi* talking coworkers.the only good thing about this company is the insurance. even there bonus program they figure out how to screw you out of your money.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything
nice
Calibration Technician (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 21, 2012
good, excellent, awesome, great, super, terrific.
not sure what else to say but it was fun.
Pros
friendly
Cons
nothing