Hyundai Motor America Employee Reviews in United States

Loved it there, but I hated getting sent home when I'm not needed.
Floater (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 1, 2016
I had no problems with the work. I am a fast learner and worker. Everything was hands on so I grasped every concept quickly.
But as a floater, when you are not needed, they will send you home... I dislike that to the fullest.. But if they have a full time position, count me in!
Pros
Great environment, down time can always be found if you work fast and swiftly
Cons
Being sent home
Professional and fast paced environment
Accounts Payable Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Very Professional and fast paced environment. Employees oriented corporate culture. Good benefits and perks. Lots of training for new employees was provided
good benifits and pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 16, 2015
it a hard job but the pay is excellent! I cant really complain about this job.. beside the fact that you might have to endure some surgeries during employment there
fun work place to work for
lube technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 21, 2015
a typical day is changing oil and doing preventive maintenance on vehicles
i learned a lot about working on these vehicles and how to fix different issues
management was great! best dealership i have ever worked for
there wasnt anything too hard about the job i was doing
i really enjoyed working on the vehicles and working with the people working there
Pros
great dealership to work for overall
Cons
nothing bad i can think of
Good organization
District Parts and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 13, 2015
Hyundai Motor America had it's difficult times in the early days. Product quality was it's largest foe, which, to this day, still plagues the company somewhat in spite of the tremendous improvements in the product quality and line-up.
The corporate culture is good, but not exceptional. Constructive criticism was often quashed at the regional level and not allowed to filter up to executive management, or was watered-down to meet regional management's satisfaction.
Pros
compensation package, holidays, vacation time, good organization
Cons
long work hours, micro-management mentality
The overall logistics ran smoothely, where there were mature professionals to oversee the work ethic.
Quality Control Inspector - Lear/Glovis (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AlabamaNovember 4, 2015
The area that I worked in (Kit 1- Assembly) there were several young, infantile personalities. The supervisor that headed up this department was inexperienced, immature and spent more time trying to please a select group of employees and not concerned about the overall system, or the entire work culture.
Pros
The various areas worked efficiently where there were mature individual
Cons
Some of the individuals were pleasant but overall there was there was no cohesiveness among fellow
NFL Not for long
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 4, 2015
Unhealthy work environment. People take this job until they can find something better. Or they just give up. It wasn't a warm welcoming environment. I should've known the first day.
Typical Job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 21, 2015
The job would be alright is they didn't make you work two years before you can actually get hired on, then they move you from the department you in and put you in a spot because that person is going on vacation
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay Sucks
A place that takes alot of time awy from family life.
Painter/Sealer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 12, 2015
Hyundai was a great working experience for me. A typical day at work for me was expecting to do 10 to 12 hrs daily,sometimes on the weekend.I learned about paint issues and how to spray the bodies of cars. My co-workers i got along with was about 90 percent, some you will never make happy. The hardest part for me was standing on my feet for that long period of time. The most enjoyable part was receiving compenstation for all the hard work i put into the job.
Pros
Great benefits and free lunches for a job well done occassionally
Cons
Short short breaks
Production
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 6, 2015
The Production is a wonderful work environment. By working there I have learned a lot of different things. In this short time I have learned about the different parts of a car that I didn't really know at all. I love the team members they are very helpful and hard working.
productive and well organized besides the swing shift
paint line worker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 21, 2015
its great for some one who is single with no family the hardest part of the job is lifting the hoods before the hydralics are installed and the people are amazing and you learn many traits that you may have never learned in the outside world
Pros
decent money
Cons
no time for family
great place to meet great people
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 16, 2015
just great to work on cars and learn how to make great cars the company is most wonderful to be apart of its just some times get really busy
Pros
t
Productive and fun to work at
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 18, 2015
The typical job for an administrative assistant is handling of mails, open/close cases that are new or have been resolved. When receptionist is out, I would help cover the desk. The hardest part of the job was handling some tough customers on the phone.
productive
assembly (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 31, 2015
Working at any company can be somewhat difficult learning new skills everyday to improve your work ethic. i would say working at Hyundai was fun and challenging but through time and dedication it became like an everyday job
great company
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 30, 2015
great company , they give you the tools to be succesful. tranning is extensive and they motivate you to be great. product is amazing
Relaxed Workplace
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJJuly 20, 2015
A typical day was entering receiving tickets into a database. The co-workers were nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Pros
Listening to music while I work.
Cons
Wishing the lunch break was longer.
Great company with excellent benefits and great co workers
General Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 15, 2015
Very laid back job with great people, the training is excellent and very helpful, you get the hang of it very quick wish I could worked with HMMA but instead I was a temp.
N/a
Accounting Clerk/Contracts (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 30, 2015
There was a management staff and plenty of politics. I was always on-time, did my job, and went home at the end of my shift.
productive ,stay busy all day
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 22, 2015
Nice place to work. Good benefits. The trainer's are really good,they make sure you got it before you are on you're own. And they are right there if you need help
Pros
Benefits, profit sharing
Cons
short breaks
nice place o business
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 9, 2015
its a very nice place to work.coworkers work as a team.everyone works together to get the job done.the managers car about the workers well being