Hyundai Motor America Employee Reviews

don't do it
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PADecember 6, 2017
Colonial Hyundai of Downingtown has a lot of turnover because of how poorly it is run. All management is completely scattered brained and never focused
so so
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 29, 2017
The upper management was worse than any other company and the salary was too low to cover living expense.

A lot of over-time work and business trips.
Pros
low salary
Cons
paid vacation, insurance
I love working here
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 28, 2017
The people at Hyundai are very nice to work with. The work is easy to do. Upper management tries their best to work with you in any areas needed and they are very understanding.
excelent Job environmet and organization
Instructor(Inductions and special Trainning) (Former Employee) –  is not Motor America / constructionNovember 26, 2017
Very well organized and efective work plan for projects.
Pros
Human resourses
Hyundai Experience
Material Handler/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 14, 2017
The people at Hyundai is nice, the work is easy it's a cool laid-back job. The environment is nice the managers is very understanding very cooperative.
Pros
Had to pay for lunch
Cons
Fast Breaks
no comment
technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 14, 2017
HMA is very customer oriented. My experience however, shows they will sacrifice employee satisfaction to do so. No appreciation for work completed, and if costs must be cut, pay is first to go
Easy going and professional
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PANovember 9, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Hyundai. I was a cashier. I was trained very well and in a way i understood, my boss was very polite, everyone was polite, professional and i enjoyed coming to work. I never had that counting down the hours until i clock out experience. I enjoyed my entire shift.
Cons
no benefits
Its was so awesome to work there
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 9, 2017
I was a Detailer there and it was very simple washing them vac, drying them, after we done we drive them around the front I think that what was the best part about that job to me is driving nice form cars and trucks around I love that job I wish I was still working there I left that job because I had move that's what happen to that job.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Breaks
You become family with your coworkers
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 9, 2017
Meetings every morning. Some days you might work 13 hours other days maybe 9.
You must spend at least 30% of you day finding new customers not waiting for the company to bring them to you.
Many Managers with different personalities however you can work with anyone you chose.
It's important to have a positive workplace culture for productivity. This particular occupation requires thick skin. Everyone wants the best deal so you must bring all offers to management. You can't please everybody all the time...customers or management .
I enjoy my coworkers. They understand the hours you need to work to make 6 figures. It's your choice to make 60k or 100k
Pros
The effort put into your job will reflect on your paycheck
Cons
Working every weekend and Holidays
Productive and very fun workplace
Paint shop (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 7, 2017
Hyundai is a very nice work place to work. Especially if you love cars. Hyundai offers the best insuracne program. Hyundai is just a overall good place, not only because of their pay, but the managers and coworkers there are awesome. Everyday is a good day to me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Maintenance
Plant Engineering (Engine Maintenance) (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 28, 2017
A typical work day never ends , always on the go to setup to pm's to Training to assorted lunch. equipment downloads to system backup your time Is never your own. you must always be reading the next safety inssue in your area.
High Energy
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 28, 2017
They care about the employees and want to change the perspective of customers in there buying experience. When an issue or concern needs to be address, they take the appropriate actions.
Productive fast pace.
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 18, 2017
Great company to work for if you like fast pace, rotating shift and not enough family time. Great benefits like dental, medical, and 401 K. Great bonus and etc.
Pros
Great Pay, bonuses
Cons
Short breaks, standing all day.
stressful, high turnover rate
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 12, 2017
i learned to self motivate and problem solve without support. workplace culture lacked any sense of urgency, hardest part was dealing with unmotivated employees
Pros
disocunts
Cons
lack of support
you get what you put into it
Floor Sales- Capital Subaru (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 8, 2017
good product and support.....you have to work long hours and be able to push people to make a decision on the first visit. You have to overcome objections and be aggressive...
a day at work
Production team leader (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 7, 2017
i have worked for HMMA for 12 years. the environment is high paced challanging and very rewarding. the mangment team is very open to suggestions and will go above and beyond to achieve goals.
benefits
Cons
can be stressful from time to time
Hard job for a mom of 3
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 6, 2017
This position is not family friendly at all but offers the opportunity to earn more than what you would in a typical job. I learned a lot about cars and created some great relationships with my customers.
not a very friendly atmosphere
Baler Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 4, 2017
Korean workers are treated completely different from all other workers. far too many temp services that do not pay well for quality work. temps are expected to work four to five years just to get a opportunity to get hired on. the pay difference between Hyundai workers and Glovis workers is irrational when the job assignment could be the same.
Fast paced environment with very supportive staff
Manager of Weld (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 30, 2017
Responsibilities included all aspects of the weld shop at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. While the work could be demanding it was fulfilling and rewarding
Pros
Environment/pay/employees
Horrible place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 26, 2017
The management is the poorest thing about this company second to the owners and higher ups who do not respond to e-mails from Managers and employees asking for their help.

not to mention the hours suck.
Pros
lunch saturdays
Cons
hours suck and so does the management, unorganized