Hyundai Motor America Employee Reviews in United States

Very unorganized place to work
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXAugust 2, 2016
I have never worked in a more unorganized place in my life. I never received proper training and the management was super aggressive and rude.
Pros
Early hours, air conditioning
Cons
Everything else
very productive great benefits
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 2, 2016
a very team friendly environment with great employee benefits good management and a growing company. great training programs and an amazing learning experience.
london p
Painter (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 24, 2016
work is great.
i learn the speed and different jobs
management is great
my co-workers a great
the hardest park of the job is leaving
working
Great place to work and also a great environment
Engine Decking Line (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 18, 2016
a typical day at hyundai was a very fast paced work atmosphere, and it help me to keep a steady pace to get things done within work i learned that communication is the key and working together will get things done faster.
Pros
was great money
Cons
it wasn't a consistent shift
Steady, great paying job, with minor drawbacks
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 11, 2016
This is a good place to work overall. The pay is great, the benefits are as well. They try to make employees feel good about the work they do on an individual and collective level. Great job security. The overall moral is okay, and does not inhibit your work no matter what the mood is. Good Supervision/Management is selective, but as a whole it is good. I would recommend the job to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
Benefits, work hours, on site facilities, job security
Cons
Rotating shifts, no stock options, advancement is tough
Great Job Just not many hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 29, 2016
I was through a tempt, but if I was able to get hired on that would have been great but I barely got hours through the tempt as was not needed as much unless someone was out
Pros
The people was very silly and entertaining made the day go by
Cons
No hours
teamwork
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 23, 2016
Measure parts and use tools to shape and trim them down to appropriate size. They then connect parts together, typically by welding or using bolts and screws. May use a variety of hand and power tools, such as hacksaws, drill presses, and forklifts.
Pros
oppurtunity of all the over time
Cons
working through temp service
Great
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 18, 2016
Pros
good pay
good benefits
good bonuses
good experience
good incentives
good opportunities
Cons
Terrible work life balance. This job ages you beyond belief, they pay well however you work yourself to death.... not worth it... The new system they have rolled out is clunky and does not work. They threaten, that if you don't buy in they will get rid of you.
Great work environment. Good pay and benefits.
Assembly Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 10, 2016
A typical day working at Hyundai Motors includes rotating to various jobs where I install different auto parts to help complete the process of building quality Hyundai vehicles.

Over the last 11 years working at Hyundai, i've learned the importance of team work, communication, consistency and paying attention to detail. Managers have always been available easy to communicate with. My co-workers have been easy to work with since day one.

The hardest part of the job is the rotating shifts every month. Sometimes it's difficult to adjust from month to month. The most enjoyable part of the job is working around great people.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, clean/safe work environment
Cons
Rotating shifts
Great Place to work
Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 25, 2016
I loved working here the pay was great and the work was very easy to learn. My managers were great and made this a great atmosphere to work in.
Loved it there, but I hated getting sent home when I'm not needed.
Floater (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 1, 2016
I had no problems with the work. I am a fast learner and worker. Everything was hands on so I grasped every concept quickly.
But as a floater, when you are not needed, they will send you home... I dislike that to the fullest.. But if they have a full time position, count me in!
Pros
Great environment, down time can always be found if you work fast and swiftly
Cons
Being sent home
Professional and fast paced environment
Accounts Payable Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Very Professional and fast paced environment. Employees oriented corporate culture. Good benefits and perks. Lots of training for new employees was provided
good benifits and pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 16, 2015
it a hard job but the pay is excellent! I cant really complain about this job.. beside the fact that you might have to endure some surgeries during employment there
fun work place to work for
lube technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 21, 2015
a typical day is changing oil and doing preventive maintenance on vehicles
i learned a lot about working on these vehicles and how to fix different issues
management was great! best dealership i have ever worked for
there wasnt anything too hard about the job i was doing
i really enjoyed working on the vehicles and working with the people working there
Pros
great dealership to work for overall
Cons
nothing bad i can think of
Good organization
District Parts and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 13, 2015
Hyundai Motor America had it's difficult times in the early days. Product quality was it's largest foe, which, to this day, still plagues the company somewhat in spite of the tremendous improvements in the product quality and line-up.
The corporate culture is good, but not exceptional. Constructive criticism was often quashed at the regional level and not allowed to filter up to executive management, or was watered-down to meet regional management's satisfaction.
Pros
compensation package, holidays, vacation time, good organization
Cons
long work hours, micro-management mentality
The overall logistics ran smoothely, where there were mature professionals to oversee the work ethic.
Quality Control Inspector - Lear/Glovis (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AlabamaNovember 4, 2015
The area that I worked in (Kit 1- Assembly) there were several young, infantile personalities. The supervisor that headed up this department was inexperienced, immature and spent more time trying to please a select group of employees and not concerned about the overall system, or the entire work culture.
Pros
The various areas worked efficiently where there were mature individual
Cons
Some of the individuals were pleasant but overall there was there was no cohesiveness among fellow
NFL Not for long
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 4, 2015
Unhealthy work environment. People take this job until they can find something better. Or they just give up. It wasn't a warm welcoming environment. I should've known the first day.
Typical Job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 21, 2015
The job would be alright is they didn't make you work two years before you can actually get hired on, then they move you from the department you in and put you in a spot because that person is going on vacation
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Pay Sucks
A place that takes alot of time awy from family life.
Painter/Sealer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 12, 2015
Hyundai was a great working experience for me. A typical day at work for me was expecting to do 10 to 12 hrs daily,sometimes on the weekend.I learned about paint issues and how to spray the bodies of cars. My co-workers i got along with was about 90 percent, some you will never make happy. The hardest part for me was standing on my feet for that long period of time. The most enjoyable part was receiving compenstation for all the hard work i put into the job.
Pros
Great benefits and free lunches for a job well done occassionally
Cons
Short short breaks
Production
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 6, 2015
The Production is a wonderful work environment. By working there I have learned a lot of different things. In this short time I have learned about the different parts of a car that I didn't really know at all. I love the team members they are very helpful and hard working.