I-5 Publishing LLC, the country’s leading publisher of enthusiast magazines, books and websites, is seeking an UI/UX Designer to create engaging HTML emails and help develop the user experience for our online properties. We are looking for a UX/UI designer who has a passion for multi-device user interface design, and an interest in an expanding role. A designer who enjoys the challenges of working with user data and metrics to create meaningful signals to inform and measure product goals and drive concept development/validation
As a UX/UI designer you will be creating user stories, wireframes, and Lo-fi and Hi-fi prototypes. As well as creating and expanding UI design patterns for multiple platforms. You will also be interfacing with the cross-functional development team and developers to get your designs executed.
- 5-10 years experience in UX/UI design
- Minimum 5 years experience creating outstanding HTML emails and user interfaces
- Belief in data-driven design and ability to work with various analytics platforms to help inform and validate design decisions
- Heavy-duty prototyping and interaction design skills, either with wireframes or in working HTML/CSS/jQuery (preferably both)
- 5+ years experience planning, flowcharting, and creating interface solutions for the information structure of the site
- 5+ years experience with creating web prototypes and mockups using Balsamiq or other equivalent mockup/wireframing tools.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Maintain brand integrity working with Creative Department.
- Good project management skills
- Graphic design for web site, mobile and email campaigns
- Experience with responsive design principles and mobile optimization
- Works well in a team environment
- A degree in Design, IX/UI design or Graphic Design. Helpful, not required
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Experience with and passion for UI and Product design
- An analytical, meticulous, detail-obsessed mindset
- Experience running usability and A/B testing.
- Expert at preparing and optimize images
- Have an impressive portfolio with examples of web and UI/UX designs
- Demonstrated experience crafting beautiful, highly-functional user interfaces for web, mobile and/or software applications
- Prototypes, sketches and wireframes are a second language for you
- Information architecture doesn’t sound like a chore, but a necessary component to any data-driven site
- Comfortable with the design process at any stage. Effective at driving a project from concept to completion
- You’re a clear leader who can facilitate brainstorming and sketch sessions, as well as introduce and improve UX process cross-functionally
- You know how to utilize design critique to its fullest
- User research, usability testing and data analysis inform your designs
- You see not only the page, but a full cohesive experience
- You meet complex problems with simple solutions
- Master communicator — both interpersonally and through your work
- Portfolio that clearly demonstrates who you are as a designer
- Passion for web standards and emerging technologies
- You’re always looking for ways to improve the status quo
- Familiar with a wide variety of design and prototyping software
- Experience in Agile development environment
Please send your portfolio/examples, cover letter, resume and salary history.
Indeed - 14 months ago