About I CAN SCHOOLS
I CAN SCHOOLS is a non-profit, charter school management organization created in 2010 by the founding leaders of a highly successful, award-winning, urban school in Cleveland, Ohio. The mission of I CAN SCHOOLS is to prepare students for a college preparatory high school that ensures acceptance and graduation from a four year college and/or university. I CAN SCHOOLS is dedicated to providing all students with an education that supersedes standards of excellence. To learn about more about I CAN SCHOOLS visit us on the web at www.icanschools.org.
The job of Talent Recruiter is to recruit for open positions within the I CAN SCHOOLS network and assist in performing the full life cycle of recruiting activities including but not limited to, sourcing and screening applicants, maintaining recruiting systems, support Director of Talent Recruitment, and reporting recruiting statistics. The ultimate goal of the Talent Recruiter is to place quality/mission fit teacher candidates from a variety of places, both in-state and out-of-state, under the direction of the Director of Talent Recruitment, for the purpose of providing the I CAN SCHOOLS CAMPUSES with a highly qualified pool of excellent teacher candidates.
- Assists the Director of Talent Recruitment for the purpose of implementing the recruitment strategic plan for the I CAN SCHOOLS network to seek, screen, refer and support potential new teachers.
- Attends meetings with The Director of Talent Recruitment and other administrative members for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform the job functions.
- Attends recruitment fairs both in state and out of state; evening and weekends by colleges and universities for the purpose of recruiting teachers for the network.
- Collaborates with pipeline programs for the purpose of increasing and supporting the candidate pool of teacher applicants.
- Collects/analyzes data for the purpose of preparing reports.
- Designs presentations to students, parents, businesses, the general public and other groups for the purpose of disseminating information about talent recruitment.
- Interviews/screens teacher candidates for the purpose of ensuring they are suitable and meet the network recruitment needs.
- prioritize, organize, schedule and coordinate a variety of activities, projects and events;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Talent Recruitment for the purpose of meeting the mission and goals of I CAN SCHOOLS Network.
- Consistently meets deadlines for assigned tasks and projects while completing quality work.
- Maintains punctuality in arrival to work on a daily basis.
- Completes tasks and assignments with an in depth understanding of the intention of the task at hand.
- Recruitment best practices, strategies, procedures, and marketing techniques
- Interviewing skills and techniques
- Ohio Department of Education teacher credentialing certification procedures
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related work experience (non-profit experience a plus)
- 2-3 Years successful classroom teaching experience: urban experience a plus
- Proven successful track record in teacher recruiting or classroom instruction
- Strong time management skills
- Must exhibit excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Meets deadlines 100% of the time
- Remain positive, flexible and professional
- Build a healthy relationship with students, parents and colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point
- Demonstrates a “do whatever it takes” mentality and approach to the job including, but not limited to: dedicating time above and beyond to ensure tasks are completed to support the overall success and function of the company
- Must be familiar with the school surrounding community
- Be proficient in researching, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goal.
The Future of I CAN
In 2013-2014 I CAN SCHOOLS will be expanding its locations throughout Ohio into Maple Heights, Akron, and Canton for the 2013-2014 school year. Local colleges and universities have partnered with I CAN SCHOOLS to provide teachers with a quality internship experience, ultimately driving student performance. Oberlin College’s Conservatory of Music is collaborating with I CAN SCHOOLS to further expand the music program and enrichment opportunities offered to students in grades K-12. I CAN SCHOOLS will continue its commitment, in collaboration with school leaders, classroom teachers and support staff, to obtain federal and local grants to assist with future network growth and financial needs to continue on the path of success as a high performing network of schools.
I CAN SCHOOLS offer an exceptional benefit package to all full time employees through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio that include, medical, dental and vision. This package is one of the most competitive benefit packages offered to employees in the Cleveland area. I CAN SCHOOLS pays 90% of employee premiums only leaving employees to pay a minimal 10% premiums each month. Employees participate in Ohio SERS (state employee retirement system). Additionally, I CAN SCHOOLS pays a 14% contribution to SERS and employees contribute a minimal 10%. I CAN SCHOOLS salary is competitive and ranked above most high performing charter schools in the State of Ohio.
Indeed - 9 months ago