I.C. System Employee Reviews

job culture
rate this company
overall rating
transfer agent (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJune 1, 2016
The management was great until CEO's started changing things up.
The thing most taught was privacy laws in all 50 states and whether state or federal laws trumped. The hours were flexible.
Pros
Calling all 50 staes
Cons
The constant changing of the hours
If you enjoy making less than you deserve, this is the place for you!
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNMarch 11, 2016
Management is horrible! Training is unrealistic, totally under paid! This is a not so good place to work. If you like competing for no apparent reason than this might be the place for you. There is no place for growth here and if there is you have to be a "favorite". It is seriously a boy club and it was not a great experience AT ALL the whole entire time. The CEO is totally detached from the company itself. He just pretty inherited the business and has no clue on how to run it. RUUNNN far far away! Thank me later!
Pros
Initiatives
Cons
Short breaks, rushed training, thrown on the floor to make LIVE CALLS
Cannot find assistance when you need it and you are not given enough time on each team to collect enough money to achieve your collection goal.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2015
The building is very spacious and has windows to look out of and ventilation throughout for air conditioning on hot days and heat on cold days. Management is difficult to come by when you need help. Managers are either in meetings, on break or helping someone else. Coworkers were the ones I went to 90% of the time for help and they had the right answers most of the time. The hardest part of the job was trying to get a debtor to pay. Most of the time they didn't care about the debt I was trying to get them to pay. And managers not giving you enough time to collect enough debt to hit goal before they move you to another team. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to experience collecting several different types of debts from delinquent checking accounts to cell phones.
Pros
Beautiful location with wooded area surrounding.
Cons
Working until 9pm at night some nights.
Competitive and Exciting Atmosphere
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Onalaska WIJuly 1, 2015
There is no typical day at work. Problem solving and people skills are the most important skills to have. Knowing that I have no idea what I am walking into each day is challenging yet exciting
I loved my supervisor.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJanuary 25, 2015
Though everyone I worked with was outstanding, the commission scale was not ideal.
Very clean and organized and had many breaking choices, vending machines, amenities, etc.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MN.January 17, 2015
Great place to work and start a career if you can handle being on the phone for 40+ hours a week.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Older technology.
Extremely stressful position
Telephone Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 29, 2013
Answer phones after no more than 3 rings, get the customers information as what it is in regards to. If they are getting their utility shut off I would offer payment options or give them information on income limited assistance. Remove a disconnect after customer paid, directed customer to another department if I was unable to assist them, in a very professional short amount of time all calls were to be resolved, take payments and set customers account up if just moved or were moving to new residence. Co-workers were as stressed, but as helpful as they could be, management made it a jail type environment but the best part of the job was the training, it was complete and organized.
Pros
Customers were great to work with
Cons
Management very hard on employees.
The best
National Vice President (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJune 27, 2013
Absolutely the best company I have worked with in my career. Always looking to enhance and improve employee working conditions. Very fair with compensation. Family oriented.
Pros
All good things
Cons
Fun, family oriented, clean and productive enviroment
Collection Supervisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, Mn.January 10, 2013
My job consisted of locating, making contact with consumers with past due credit cards and establishing repayment plans to avoid legal action. My supervisor duties were to 2nd voice or take over trouble calls. Handle complaints, deescalate consumer issues. Monitor and coach employees. Set and follow through with a game plan to ensure client success.
Pros
flexible schedule, family owned company, good values
Cons
company downsizing limited opertuntity for advancement
Repetitive, call center enviornment
Transfer Agent/Collector (Former Employee) –  vadnais heights, mnJuly 31, 2012
Repetitive, call center enviornment. Good for highschool or graduates. Flexible schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at I.C. System. Our community is ready to answer.