i9 Sports Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and Energetic Workplace
Sports Coordinator/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 5, 2016
Every weekend our small staff was able to set up and run soccer and tee ball games for youth. I learned so much about supervising a sports site and providing customer service. I managed the Lakeland site, but my direct supervisor was easy to work with and always understanding. Every co-worker I ever worked with was a joy to talk to and always there to help with anything. The headrest part of the job was making sure everything was set up correctly so the kids could have the best experience. It was very enjoyable watching the kids and parents in that setting that allowed the youth to get outside and have a good time and grow in sports.
Pros
Great wage, Short commute, Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place to Work!
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2016
In the area I live, there are 5 locations where i9 occurs every weekend when in season. Seasons are about 7-8 weeks long excluding the summer season which is about 4-5 weeks long.I work mostly as a referee and there's about 3-4 games a week I ref depending on the season. I've really gained much patience and learned more about working than children than ever before while working here. My co-workers are great; mostly college kids. Hardest part about working here is getting up early on a Saturday. The most enjoyable part about the job is seeing the smiles on the faces of the children as they have fun.
Pros
Not hard at all, manageable hours, awesome staff
Cons
low pay, competitive parents/children (can lead to arguments)
I9 sports
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
I9 promotes a good culture for youth sports .

Typical work day consist of answering and solving customer questions and concerns

Customer service management will work with scheduling

Great work

Hardest part of the job are bad customers

Making sure children have a chance to play a sport
Pros
NO WEEKENDS
Cons
MANAGEMENT COULD USE MORE TRAINING
Amazing staff and friendly environment
Referee/Umpire (Current Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJuly 21, 2016
Helped referee basketball and baseball games for ages 3-7. Helped coach and assist coaches of certain teams that needed help. Gave coaches ideas and tips on how to run practices and games. Overall goal in the end of the day is to have the kids enjoy the sport and want to continue playing it.
Productive workplace with good culture to build upon
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2016
There will always be a focus on work during the weekends for parts of the year as the majority of programs take place on Saturday or Sunday. Usually a small group of full time employees managing a large number of part time employees.
Great work place
Coach (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 2, 2016
working at i9 i have come to love the environment and fellow employees. everyone is generally super friendly and always has a smile on their face
Don't waste your time
call center (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 27, 2015
They don't care about you! They don't offer hours, no breaks, management feels that they are too good to talk to you unless they need something. They expect the lead to help and she was really nice but most of the time she was on the phone. Late night monthly meetings were a waste of time. They expect you to be there past 9 PM, wasting your time with empty promises that never happened. No room to grow. They just drop you for no reason!
Pros
Some of the people were nice
Cons
No breaks, Management ignores you, no hours, all about numbers and they have no idea what they are doing, Numbers were wrong most of the time
Fun place to help children learn and compete in sports.
Volunteer Coach (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 22, 2016
Fun atmosphere where kids can learn how to play sports. I had great co-workers who made work even more enjoyable. It felt good to give back to the sport that I love.
Awesome Staff and Leaders
Staff Coach and Referee (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 26, 2016
I've worked with I9 for about 2 years now and they have been amazing. They are dedicated to the details of getting the kids in our surrounding neighborhoods active and educated about the sports that they enjoy.
Energetic office
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  FLJune 9, 2013
Working at I9 Sports is an excellent opportunity to be in an office setting that provides flexibility to the staff, all the while maintaining and easy going atmosphere. There are always opportunities to grow within the organization, and appreciation is evident.
Pros
flexibility, co-workers from all backgrounds
Cons
customer service rep are part time positions, no benefits
Best PartTime Job Ever
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 30, 2015
If you love kids and sports and love a postive atmosphere with ran by great managment who have the same mentality!!!! Work for I9.
Pros
Awesome Job
Cons
Not Full Time
Poor management of staff
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Answered 50 emails and phone calls daily
Learned to work under pressure
Learned to prioritize and manage in a stressful environment
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was coaching my teams and helping provide a good experience to the kids and parents
Pros
building relationships with children and parents
Cons
no benefits, unequal workload
Well rounded place
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 26, 2015
My first experience at i9 sports was primarily a learning one. I was a sophomore in college and was seeking experience in the sports field. I became a manager and helped launch and develop the Lakeland Site to over 100 participants by the time I left.
Pros
Good pay and fun atmosphere
Cons
Lack of Communication
Great Place to Work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 20, 2015
The job was great, you were able to interact with players, coaches, referees and even parents. I learned that you have to be trustworthy with the referees' money and be a personable guy so you don't scare the families from coming back.
Pros
Good hours, competitive pay
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
not fun and managers dont care
T-Ball Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2015
I set up baseball fields for children that are 3-14 years old. Most of these children are beginners of baseball so I assist the coaches with the children to teach and show them the fundamentals on how to play correctly. I step in when I feel that the coach needs some assistance on presenting to the kids certain techniques you use in baseball and I also give them some advice that worked for me. I talk to them about my experiences to help them out in case they are unaware on how to handle the situation. I also make sure that the environment for the children is safe. I make sure that everyone including the parents are enjoying themselves as well as having good sportsmanship to show the children the proper way to react in those types of situations. When there are no coaches I have to volunteer myself and fill in the role as a coach. When we are short on coaches I help out those teams while making sure that all the other teams are being assisted as well. I assist with the concession stand when they need help when my games are done. Once all the games are finished I help clean up the fields including other sports they offer.
Excellent owners, Great work environment, fun job
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  League City, TxMay 19, 2015
best job I ever had. lots of franchises in the US. this particular franchise is owned by 2 people. the communication between them and myself was excellent. worked very well with schedule.
Pros
good management, good pay, great environment
i9 Sports Experience
Coach/ Referee (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 6, 2013
My typical day at work is exciting and exhausting all at the same time. Since I started working for i9 Sports I have learned more about coaching big groups of kids at various age groups. Management and priorities are out of line at i9 Sports. The hardest part of the job is making sure every kid gets something more out of the camp. The most enjoyable part is seeing the kids develop and mature in the game of soccer and into an athlete.
Pros
coaching sports is what i love to do. developing kids is something i enjoy doing.
Cons
the management and program set up could be better.
Fun Playing with the kids
Soccer Official (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
Being a referee for little kids is ironically a stress relieving job. You focus on making the kids' days better, and them learning the fun game of soccer.
Pros
Many breaks
Cons
Weekends
great place to work
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  st. louis moJune 12, 2015
Love the hours and love the staff love the location. fun and friendly atmosphere to be in. looking forward to advance. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Fun environment with a purpose of both fun and education
Assistant Coordinator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMarch 27, 2012
I had inquired about a summer job with i9 Sports with the intention of gaining work experience to pad my resume. Little did I know that I would be watching the clock waiting eagerly for these work days to begin. i9 Sports did a great job of creating a fun environment for the kids to socialize and exercise but at the same time learn the game of football. I had the privelage to work alongside a great group of people who really put the kids experience above all else. We all seemed to enjoy the time we spent on the field and I think I spoke for all of us when I say it never felt like work but more like fun.

4.4