i9 Sports Corporation Employee Reviews

lots of work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 12, 2016
lots of work, especially around season starts.

more than not working 40+ hours

build leagues, call everyone to volunteer, site manage on weekends, marketing, calling schools and venues.
Pros
gas compensation, always something new.
Cons
too many things to do at once
Amazing staff and friendly environment
Referee/Umpire (Current Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJuly 21, 2016
Helped referee basketball and baseball games for ages 3-7. Helped coach and assist coaches of certain teams that needed help. Gave coaches ideas and tips on how to run practices and games. Overall goal in the end of the day is to have the kids enjoy the sport and want to continue playing it.
I9 sports
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
I9 promotes a good culture for youth sports .

Typical work day consist of answering and solving customer questions and concerns

Customer service management will work with scheduling

Great work

Hardest part of the job are bad customers

Making sure children have a chance to play a sport
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Management could use more training
Great work place
Coach (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 2, 2016
working at i9 i have come to love the environment and fellow employees. everyone is generally super friendly and always has a smile on their face
Fun and Energetic Workplace
Sports Coordinator/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 5, 2016
Every weekend our small staff was able to set up and run soccer and tee ball games for youth. I learned so much about supervising a sports site and providing customer service. I managed the Lakeland site, but my direct supervisor was easy to work with and always understanding. Every co-worker I ever worked with was a joy to talk to and always there to help with anything. The headrest part of the job was making sure everything was set up correctly so the kids could have the best experience. It was very enjoyable watching the kids and parents in that setting that allowed the youth to get outside and have a good time and grow in sports.
Pros
Great wage, Short commute, Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive workplace with good culture to build upon
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2016
There will always be a focus on work during the weekends for parts of the year as the majority of programs take place on Saturday or Sunday. Usually a small group of full time employees managing a large number of part time employees.
Fun place to help children learn and compete in sports.
Volunteer Coach (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 22, 2016
Fun atmosphere where kids can learn how to play sports. I had great co-workers who made work even more enjoyable. It felt good to give back to the sport that I love.
Great Place to Work!
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2016
In the area I live, there are 5 locations where i9 occurs every weekend when in season. Seasons are about 7-8 weeks long excluding the summer season which is about 4-5 weeks long.I work mostly as a referee and there's about 3-4 games a week I ref depending on the season. I've really gained much patience and learned more about working than children than ever before while working here. My co-workers are great; mostly college kids. Hardest part about working here is getting up early on a Saturday. The most enjoyable part about the job is seeing the smiles on the faces of the children as they have fun.
Pros
Not hard at all, manageable hours, awesome staff
Cons
low pay, competitive parents/children (can lead to arguments)
Awesome Staff and Leaders
Staff Coach and Referee (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 26, 2016
I've worked with I9 for about 2 years now and they have been amazing. They are dedicated to the details of getting the kids in our surrounding neighborhoods active and educated about the sports that they enjoy.
Best PartTime Job Ever
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 30, 2015
If you love kids and sports and love a postive atmosphere with ran by great managment who have the same mentality!!!! Work for I9.
Pros
Awesome Job
Cons
Not Full Time
Don't waste your time
call center (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 27, 2015
They don't care about you! They don't offer hours, no breaks, management feels that they are too good to talk to you unless they need something. They expect the lead to help and she was really nice but most of the time she was on the phone. Late night monthly meetings were a waste of time. They expect you to be there past 9 PM, wasting your time with empty promises that never happened. No room to grow. They just drop you for no reason!
Pros
Some of the people were nice
Cons
No breaks, Management ignores you, no hours, all about numbers and they have no idea what they are doing, Numbers were wrong most of the time
Well rounded place
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 26, 2015
My first experience at i9 sports was primarily a learning one. I was a sophomore in college and was seeking experience in the sports field. I became a manager and helped launch and develop the Lakeland Site to over 100 participants by the time I left.
Pros
Good pay and fun atmosphere
Cons
Lack of Communication
Fun Playing with the kids
Soccer Official (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
Being a referee for little kids is ironically a stress relieving job. You focus on making the kids' days better, and them learning the fun game of soccer.
Pros
Many breaks
Cons
Weekends
great place to work
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  st. louis moJune 12, 2015
Love the hours and love the staff love the location. fun and friendly atmosphere to be in. looking forward to advance. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Excellent owners, Great work environment, fun job
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  League City, TxMay 19, 2015
best job I ever had. lots of franchises in the US. this particular franchise is owned by 2 people. the communication between them and myself was excellent. worked very well with schedule.
Pros
good management, good pay, great environment
not fun and managers dont care
T-Ball Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2015
I set up baseball fields for children that are 3-14 years old. Most of these children are beginners of baseball so I assist the coaches with the children to teach and show them the fundamentals on how to play correctly. I step in when I feel that the coach needs some assistance on presenting to the kids certain techniques you use in baseball and I also give them some advice that worked for me. I talk to them about my experiences to help them out in case they are unaware on how to handle the situation. I also make sure that the environment for the children is safe. I make sure that everyone including the parents are enjoying themselves as well as having good sportsmanship to show the children the proper way to react in those types of situations. When there are no coaches I have to volunteer myself and fill in the role as a coach. When we are short on coaches I help out those teams while making sure that all the other teams are being assisted as well. I assist with the concession stand when they need help when my games are done. Once all the games are finished I help clean up the fields including other sports they offer.
Great Place to Work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 20, 2015
The job was great, you were able to interact with players, coaches, referees and even parents. I learned that you have to be trustworthy with the referees' money and be a personable guy so you don't scare the families from coming back.
Pros
Good hours, competitive pay
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
Productive and fun work place with kids
Soccer Instructor/ Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 15, 2015
• Soccer coach for 7-8 year old kids
• Referee soccer games between 3-8 year old kids
• Oversee sports to ensure safety for kids
counselor tutor
Head Coach/ Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 13, 2014
help kids with homework and assisted with daily activities as well as
Pretty laid back job, didnt require much which was good
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 20, 2014
One of the most interesting jobs Ive had. My work day was pretty laid back the only time it was hectic was game day setting up the fields and cleaning them up but other than that pretty smooth sailing.
Pros
long breaks, good food
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at i9 Sports Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4