Non-profit physician education organization is looking for a Meeting Planner Assistant, responsible for supporting all meeting and registration needs in an administrative, organizational and information gathering capacity in a timely and high quality manner.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Assistants require the ability to work quickly and efficiently on several projects at one time, are results oriented, have strong time management skills and work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The position entails considerable interaction with team members and other departments within the IAS-USA.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Assist and contribute to the planning of meetings, events, and registration (e.g. pre-course mailings, searches for future sites, supplier coordination, tracking and shipping of course equipment and materials, vendor correspondence, clerical support and post event support and evaluations).
- Pay close attention to detail, demonstrating accuracy and efficiency in financial reconciliation (process invoices, reconcile monthly with accounting).
- Ensure that work is being carried out to specifications and deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and timely entering of records and information into database system for registration.
- Immediately adapt to crisis situations by changing procedures, methods or processes.
- Travel and work outside of office hours as needed to attend events and client meetings (may include weekends).
- Assist with planning responsibilities for multiple meetings.
- Contribute to overall team success by identifying problems and proactively seeking out methods to improve self-performance and/or efficiency of an operation or task.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-2 years total professional experience.
- 6-12 months experience in event planning environment preferred.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills (phone skills, in person, email).
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues.
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
- Proven competency in software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other technology as adopted by the team.
- Must be travel enabled, including some weekends.
Annual Salary Range: Low to mid $30’s, DOE; and full benefits including health dental, vision, and retirement. No relocation fees.
HOW TO APPLY
Email applications with "Meeting Planner Assistant" in the subject line. Applications MUST include the following:
1. Minimum salary requirements
2. Cover letter: 50 WORDS OR LESS about your qualifications and applicable experience
4. Minimum of 3 PROFESSIONAL references
Note: Candidates will be required to take reasoning, language skills, and Microsoft Office tests as part of the interview process.
PASTE ALL INFORMATION IN TO THE BODY OF EMAIL; ATTACHMENTS WILL NOT BE OPENED. APPLICATIONS WITH ATTACHMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. No calls please!
Indeed - 21 months ago
The mission of the IAS-USA is to improve the treatment, care, and quality of life for people with HIV, hepatitis C virus, or other viral...