IBISWorld is a global company with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Sydney, Melbourne and Beijing. We are the world’s largest publisher of industry research. Our success has created abundant opportunity, and we’re looking for the best and brightest to join us as we continue to expand our operations and move production of our reports to New York.
Our mission is to be the premier provider of high value-added information to the largest and most influential enterprises in the nations where we operate. We do this while maintaining a culture where people are passionate about their work and are surrounded by like-minded, intelligent achievers. Your mission is to find out how you can be a part of our progression and innovation.
Since our inception in the United States, we’ve grown to a multimillion-dollar business, making us one of the fastest-growing small businesses in the United States. We believe that IBISWorld offers a great opportunity for people who share our vision of delivering great value for our customers and for ourselves. We are looking for people who want more than a job – people who are seeking a career. You’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries, find out what you’re really capable of, work with and learn from smart people and enjoy a journey where you will be part of building a world-class organization.
IBISWorld is about to enter a new growth phase and is in the process of developing a new suite of products to be delivered to clients online both through e-commerce and subscription models. We currently have an experienced team of developers in our Melbourne Australia head office, however we are now seeking to leverage that knowledge and develop new systems specific for the US market.
The successful candidate will need to be multi skilled and will ultimately lead a small team of developers and a DBA. In the initial phase the role will involve liaising with internal stakeholders and existing developers to develop web based data entry systems and client facing websites that leverage off existing platforms. The role will also involve trouble shooting for existing systems as problems arise. As the business is in an early growth phase the role will evolve with continuous development and improvement to the websites and growth in the size of the team.
As well as technical skills the successful candidate must have excellent problem solving and communication skills, and a commercial focus to software development.
- 5 years+ work experience in a commercial Software Development environment
- Strong ASP.NET / VB.NET using Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Strong Unit Testing experience
- Strong SQL Server 2008 and higher (understand Triggers, Store procs etc)
- Solid history working the full project lifecycle of the web development process from client requirement gathering through to documentation
- Effectively be able to translate business requirements into a technical design and to transform that design into a working application;
- Solid understanding of commercial systems development processes and the ability to meet tight deadlines, to be self-driven and motivated in a multidisciplinary environment is essential;
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- SEO / Google Adsense/Analytics experience a bonus
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to the following link: http://bit.ly/10PWHdx
In your cover letter, please briefly explain how your skills and experience align with the position.
All applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States and be available to work full-time in our Santa Monica office.