IBM
4,567 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Exciting place to work. Sometimes can be very political.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours and weekend work
The entire day is very busy. There are deadlines that need to be met.
Teaming with the leads and team to ensure they understand the
requirements are sometimes challenging but very rewarding. I've learned how to balance workload by using time management and getting buy in from the teams to get the job done.
Good
System Administrator/Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Dubuque IowaOctober 29, 2014
Working at IBM was ok, I had the opportunity to learn new things and work with people who had great experience.
Great experience for understanding corporate culture.
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: strong company with good benefits
Cons: sometimes a little bureaucratic.
It was a learning experience in many ways. I have a strong work ethic. Working as IBM employee helped raise my personal level of professionalism to a new high. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to work for IBM.
Being a contractor
AV/Network Administrator/ Video Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: we often get free lunches and neat gifts from our clients that visit often.
Cons: no benefits
Ive worked for this company for 5+ years. I am currently a contractor and have been made many promises of become a full time employee. My supervisor is wonderful and very understanding.

But within the last 5+ years we have changed managers 3 times and everyone has a different view of how things should work here. They have decided that they are not – more... hiring but cutting departments and cutting the budgets in the whole company. The hardest part of this job is not knowing when our briefing center will close for good. – less
great and friendly environmment
Technical Lead, Documenter, QA Tester (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTOctober 28, 2014
good company. innovative style in dealing with business - approach is in many ways unique,
Innovative Comapany
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 27, 2014
Innovative Company. Lots of Talented peoples to work with.Easy access to learning, which I utilized a lot. Lots of opportunities to innovate, which I used bring new features to the product .
Great organization to work for!
Technical Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, texasOctober 27, 2014
Pros: working remote
IT Professional with a vast technical background. In my current role, I am a Technical Solutions Specialist supporting the IBM eCommerce Omni-Channel platform in the Mid-West Business Unit. Other areas of expertise is in the IBM Cognos (Business Intelligence) and SPSS (Predictive Analytics). As a TSS, I work as the technical sales specialist on a multitude – more... of different accounts. I am the technical leader for those accounts and lead the sales opportunities from a technical perspective. – less
Technology, Sales, Management
Technology Sales Leader (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 27, 2014
Working with clients on technology
New Technology
Mentored other employees
Technical Consultants
Troubleshooting Issues
Customer Satisfaction
Excellent
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAOctober 27, 2014
Cons: keep changing rules ..
Love to work for IBM .. Learned lots of new things in business, worked as full time employee in their Dubuque, IA location which is too far away from my family. That;s the reason i left.
IBM Global Services - placement agency for other companies
IT Support (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 25, 2014
Pros: employee support, compensation.
Cons: job security is limited to client need.
IBM Global Services - placement agency for other companies. Job culture is dependent upon assignment. IBM has good infrastructure and employee support.
Travel around State
Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: learning everydaymeeting people
Install Point of Sale / Servers/ Setup Computer Systems for Customers,Repair Hardware
busy sometimes
Document Controller (Former Employee), Essex Junction, VTOctober 23, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: to many to list
ok place to work if you can put up with the B.S. they dish out. 12 hour shifts get to be old after 15 years on nights
Executive Administrative Assistant | Video Conference Administrator | Business Support Specialist
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2014
This company was my 1st corporate experience & job function. This was a great start to help advance my career.
IBM
Contractor for Farmers Insurance (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAOctober 23, 2014
I had a great experience at IBM. I managed 3 of farmers insurance call center locations. I had a team of 5 technicians and we handled all their enduser communication tools. PC's, telecommunication , and LAN/WAN. Great opportunity.
Awesome company to work
Sr Linux/Open Stack Virtualization Engineer (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 22, 2014
i have learnt a lot in this company..and it was a a really nice place to work with
Good career position
Client Executive - Financial Services Sector (Former Employee), Chicago, IL, Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: opportunity to collaborate with skilled and smart people
I learned a great amount in my time at IBM. Executive sales, high-level business strategy, corporate protocols... the list goes on. It was a great experience.
great place to work and enhance skills
COMPUTER OPERATOR (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great group of people
Cons: downsizing and layoff
I worked as a customer interface (helpdesk support) and controlled console operations, in a multi-CPU mainframe environment. Supported applications and coordinated activity of client batch processing over various LPAR’s, through tier 1&2 problem determination and initiated corrective fixes.
Management and co-workers coordinated activities professionally, – more... as guided through global documentation. Teamwork was stressed and was the glue to ensure our customer satisfaction statistics. – less
Challenging & rewarding position but unstable
Global Network Transition Manager (Current Employee), Home OfficeOctober 20, 2014
Pros: work from home / challenging projects
Cons: lack of stability
One of the great things about my job at IBM is that I am able to dig into a network transition project that typically lasts anywhere from 6 to 9 months, complete the implementation, hand it off to the steady state team for 'day 2' support, and move onto a whole new project with a whole new team and an entirely different scope of work. It has also provided – more... me with the opportunity to manage cross-functional project teams and third party vendors who are critical to the success of our deployments. The demands of the job force you to be a good time manager, and to manage your workload around a heavy meeting schedule. The most difficult part of the job though, is the uncertainty over whether or not that next project will be there to roll over too after I close out the current one... and if it is there, whether or not it will be fully funded. The potential of being furloughed or forced into a reduced work schedule has been an ongoing concern, which has worsened this year, especially because I am a contract employee. – less
Overall Great Company!!!
WW IT TRANSITION MANAGER, SOFTWARE GROUP (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: very talented and diverse network of professionals
Cons: overlapping demands from cross functional management
Challenging work environment where your only limits are those you set on yourself. You can become too involved and it WILL become your life; or you can learn to multitask, prioritize and carefully select your special assignments (lol).
Not a stable job but paid great
Project Management - Project Team Lead (Former Employee), homeOctober 20, 2014
Pros: worked from home
Cons: long hours
I worked from home so long hours. IBM management was not the best.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more