IBM

IBM Employer Reviews

Productive and challenging enviornment
SENIOR PORTFOLIO MANAGER (Current Employee), Westchester NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: need to be self disciplined for work life balance
At IBM you work hard and top performance is rewarded. IBM does not pay the highest but offers flexibility in turns of being able to work remotely and flexing your schedule. People are encouraged to continue to challenge themselves and do not stay in the same position for more than two years.
Good work/Life Balance
Project Financial Analyst Lead (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: compinsation lacking
Job security is lacking however, company has a fairly good work/life balance
Stimulating workplace
Subject matter expert - CDI (Current Employee), GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: work-life balance is in-sync.
IBM provides much opportunity to work on different projects with the latest technologies. Work culture is great. A lot friendly and smart co workers /engineers and scientists around.

Function as SME team lead for Microsoft / VMware technology applications.

Ensure timely delivery and deployment of the systems
Managing, troubleshooting OS and applications issues.
Productive learning environment. Learned a lot.
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Lexington-Fayette, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: work enviornment
Cons: sometimes expected to put in 60+hr weeks.
Dealt with many customers who outsourced their business to IBM. Each account had its up/downs which were to be expected. Overall great company to work for.
Firewall/Network engineer
Firewall/Network Engineer (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: none that i can think of.
Team supporting the client account were really great people.
No willing to elaborate beyond that at this time.
100+ year company
North America Quality Team Delivery Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 23, 2015
Lots of laptops. Columbia Delivery Center has lots of cubicles.
IBM Provides a great foundation for building world class solutions
WW Development Mgr for Recruitment & Growth (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good travel
Cons: too much time away from my 18month old daughter
A typical day would include calls starting at 5/6am with Asia or ANZ, followed by a Cadence call to discuss opportunities. I would then start working on the 50+ emails that have dropped since the day before. I would also be planning to contact several partners in conjunction with understand their growth and strategy using IBM products. I would also have several calls with WW IBM teams to discuss any inputs from BP's and any incentives/ programs we are working on to help drive additional revenue. Towards the end of the day, I would be looking to clear the emails as much as I could and to plan for the next days mtgs/calls.
On some occasions, I would be traveling from Monday to Friday meeting partners. If I travelled to Europe/China I would normally be away for 2 weeks to make use of the time on the ground with partners and local teams.
Good Work Culture
Technical Team Lead (Current Employee), MinneapolisJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: learning, job security
Cons: salary
Great environment for people who are curious and driven to always learn and hone their craft while helping others. There's no lack of things to do or get involved with. Lot of learning and It's up to you to manage your personal work-life balance.
New tech
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2015
New technology is at the forefront. The hardest part of the job is communicating with people from other countries.
EDS is no more. So why write
Tech Project Lead - Systems Management (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: eds is gone - managers did not knw what they were doing and killed the corp.
I enjoyed working for EDS - as long as I was employed. But when they started lay off people, they took away severance benefit. I got nothing.
This may have been my favorite job.
Account Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: training provided was excellent and the culture of team work rewarded.
Cons: the culture chaned from customer satisfaction driven and was not as rewarding.
I was an account systems engineer responsible for installation of PCs and mid-range IBM computers which included software and hardware. I also supplied training to users, and acted as first level of support for problem resolution. This was the first job I had where I felt I was part of a well-oiled team. The hardest part of this job is that I only had 4 weeks of training from the outgoing engineer. However, I am a fast learner and received many testimonial letters from my customers before I retired.
Flexible work schedule but not good people management
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Hopewell Junction, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: lots of meetings, no bonus
Best thing in this site is the flexible working environment, but poor people management and poor compensation.
Non-productive sales culture devoted to internal meetings during most productive selling hours
Big Data/Info. Mgmt, Channel Sales Mgr (Former Employee), Littleton, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great product set, best brand recognition
Cons: sales job had become 100% forecasting
I need to get back to direct field sales execution or an impactful role. IBM has a fantastic product strategy, filling more of the IT middleware foundation boxes than any competitor. However, execution of the strategy has been hampered by a sales culture of endless cadence calls regarding forecast updates. In my role of managing all of the Business Partner relationships (over 70) doing business in the Great Lakes, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast states I was not leveraging my sales and business development skills across the industries with which I have years of familiarity with line-of-business issues.
I spent many hours each week mentoring far less experienced sales people in the field.
The Channel Sales organization was understaffed and I was not authorized by management to accept other roles within IBM because my job could not be back-filled.
Employee friendly organization.
Senior Software Engineer (GBS - SAP CRM (Current Employee), Santa ClaraJanuary 21, 2015
The most employee friendly organization I have worked with.
Concern for the employee came first
Word Processing Supervisor - for WP Center (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 20, 2015
This job allowed me to raise my family with a comfortable salary and work several different positions.
High quality people and many jobs allow to work at home.
Sales Executive/Sales Support, Americas (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
My favorite part about working for IBM was the people I worked with. I met some of the most amazing talented, creative, and funny people. IBM fostered an environment of learning and ability to take on new job roles. This enabled me to learn how to navigate through a big company to get things accomplished.
Was able to wear many hats while at IBM, there was always opportunity to grow.
Manager (Former Employee), Essex Junction, VTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: world leader in innovation of the big computer/server provider.
Cons: semi-conductor business will soon no longer exist.
Currently in a major business change from semi-conductor hardware provider to mostly a "cloud" server provider. Off loading semi-conductor hardware to vendors.
OK Company
Cloud Sales Leader - GTS Strategic Outsourcing (Current Employee), VirtualJanuary 19, 2015
Broad range of products and services. IBM is the global leader in open enterprise cloud enabling secure data and infrastructure integration in the cloud.
Best place to gain a world full of knowledge
AIX Administrator (Current Employee), Hammond, INJanuary 19, 2015
I've gained so much knowledge and experience from this place. Great team and environment to work in. Working in the datacenter gave me the best opportunity to earn more hands on experience and physically see all the work preformed in a network environment.
Productive and challenging work place
IT Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Moline, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Gained experience to work with multiple projects/client.
Onsite exposure and opportunity.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more