IBM Employee Reviews

Managing Consultant, Global Business Services (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 18, 2018
Great job opportunity, compensation and benefits. Awesome training and certification programs. I completed three of the certifications, which I can leverage on other job opportunities.
Company in transition
Operations Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Good company to work for. Training is provided, opportunity for advancement exists, pay is above average, benefits are offered, portable pension with a very good 401k plan. God corporate culture with well defined business goals and solid executive management team.
Pros
Positive culture
Cons
Lots of off shoring still going on
Extraordinary
Staff (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Extraordinary campus, research center, teams, labs. No negatives. Very supportive, mgt, teams, and professionals assisting across professional disciplines at all times.
a good company
Senior ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 17, 2018
you can learn a lot from there, many good developers there that you can learn from; life and work balance, also many new opportunities to expand yourself to new skill sets.
Worst Corporate Company I have ever worked for
Contracts Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2018
They do not compensate their employees. Always just a pat on the back . good job. I worked from Home. Worked directly with Customers and Sales Reps. Processed Computer Contracts, Assisted Billing at times with collections. Too many conference calls. Too many layers of managers to go through to get approval for things to get done. Most of IBM work has gone over seas. They lack good management.
Pros
Worked from Home
Cons
I did not feel like they really cared about what i did.
Excellent company to work for.
Sr. Support Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 17, 2018
I attribute all my business skills to the IBM Corporation and the training I had there. Not only do you learn about the company but you also learn about the clients and yourself. Excellent management.
Pros
It was a delight to work there.
Good collaborative workplace
Client Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2018
Opportunity to provide broad enterprise solutions to my clients through a collaborative approach with peers and other SME professionals. Helpful environment to grow professional that provides great sales experience.
Ideal place starting out to gain experience and skills
Industry Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYFebruary 17, 2018
I started IBM fresh from college and I stayed for 15 years. IBM afforded me a diverse set of roles that allowed me to build experience across many technical and business disciplines. IBM sent me to graduate school where I received both a business and a technical Masters degree. I have had a lot of personnel managers in IBM - some were not so good, but a few were outstanding and helped to make my career enjoyable, competitive and satisfying.
Pros
broad set of experience, benefits are decent
Cons
all consuming, salary compression happens quickly
Diverse, professional, fun place to work.
Remote Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 17, 2018
Supporting clients, assisting them to resolve complex technical issues, allowing them to meet fast paced productivity and high level revenue goals while working with a diverse group of engineers, clients, developers, and colleagues. Some of the most difficult parts of the job were the language barriers and trying to determine the failure at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving the problems and keeping highly prestigious customers happy while meeting highly aggressive Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of a) Acknowledge within 1 - hour b) Arrive within 2 - hours c) Resolve within 4 - hours.
Pros
Consistently met goals and kept clients efficient and productive while meeting revenuje goals.
Cons
Language barriers sometimes slowed the process.
Work With IBM
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  GAFebruary 17, 2018
Wonderful working with IBM. Many clients with different culture and business requirements, I as a consultant, have learn a lot while with IBM and clients.
Oldy but goody
Suppy Chain and Procurment Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Goid work environments because coworkers work as team
Good benefit
Goid learning opportunities
Lare company with many opportunities
Moving lateraly is easy but miving up is challenging
Long working hrs
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
Long hrs
I hated working for IBM.
Helpdesk Specialist/Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 16, 2018
It made me feel as though I was a cog in a machine that paid no attention to its cogs. I was far more productive than my teammates, but was punished for my excellence.
Productive, Innovative
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaFebruary 16, 2018
A typical day at work is fun, not stressful. We collaborate and help each other.
I learned teamwork, technologies.

Management is helpful but at the same time wont be slack or loss sight of the objective.

Workplace culture is collaborative.
Pros
Flexible working hrs
Cons
Salary needs to be more competetive
A great place to work
L2 Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 16, 2018
This was a really nice place to work. I enjoyed it. Allowed to me to deploy my tech skills and make good money. I overall give it a good recommendation.
IBM Review
Level II Server Build Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Overall, IBM is great company to work for. IBM provides many opportunities and benefits to help it's employees excel in the industry and provides competitive compensation and benefits. Throughout my career at IBM, I was able to use the skills and knowledge I had obtained in school in real world situations which brought a higher understanding to the field overall. IBM works with each employee to provide the best, comprehensible training which aides the process of refinement and skill attainment. The hardest part of the job was learning the processes and understanding it's proprietary, multi-million dollar automation system for provision management of servers. Once the concepts were understood, everything else came easy and learning more technical information was more palatable. I most enjoyed the people I worked with. Every employee I had encountered was very professional and were willing to work together as a team to achieve a common goal.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Workflow, Employees, Job role
Cons
Transparency, Amount of emails
Work from home options
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
A typical day involves managing multiple customer accounts. The management is encouraging and promotes you to explore your interests. This is a strong focus on client satisfaction, driving results, and developing skills.
Unsettled
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
My career at IBM has spanned over two decades including, 3 CEO's, numerous technical advancements, start-ups, acquisitions, divestitures, strategy and management changes galore. For the most part, IBM weathered these "transformations" and proved to the world it was still very relevant by delivering products and services clients needed and wanted. I am grateful for the many opportunities I have had to learn, grow, and excel throughout my tenure. The most recent of these "transformations" however, has been painful. The IBM Company has been slow to adapt or did not know how to execute the vision / strategic long term plan. Instead, business units continued to act in silos or compete with one another rather than work as "One IBM." Finger pointing between management, sales, marketing, product development, and support have created a very unpleasant atmosphere. Recently, employees have been forced into job roles they did not want or were not trained for while others have been completely displaced. Though the recent Wall Street results finally indicate positive momentum, IBM is far from rising out of this tumultuous period,. My patience and willingness to be a part of it have been challenged. I am now seeking my next career chapter. One where I can apply my experience and expertise to benefit both the client and my employer.
It was a temporary job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2018
This was a contract job at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. I installed desktop terminals in offices and installed Microsoft productivity suites on the machines. I also installed printers at the location.
Pros
Short term contract
Cons
Great experience
n/a
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 15, 2018
I don't feel IBM knows what how it wants to proceed.They change direction far too often and the employees suffer from it. The company is far to large and gets in it's own way.
I Enjoyed...
Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKFebruary 15, 2018
I was a staff analyst but that role was on the CSIS Complaint Management Team out of Dallas. I traveled a lot but also worked at home quite a bit. I handled large customers (Walmart, Williams, etc.) we would see a complaint get filed and as a team member it would be assigned to one of us, there were four of us on the team.
It was rewarding to resolve the issues with large companies because they expected results. I would have to escalate through the company (plants, etc.) to have orders changed and expedited if the customer wasn't happy about the products they ordered. It was a very fast paced job, demanding and IBM had high standards which I liked. It was probably the best job I had, very professional at all times...an honor to work for them. I was with them about 15 years.
Pros
High Level Interraction with Executives
Cons
Lots of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

56.6K