IBM
5,857 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

fun place to work
BMC Administrator (Former Employee), Los angelesMay 24, 2015
Pros: All good
Cons: oK
fun place to work.
Good place to grow and develop professional skillsfun place to work.
Awesome Team, Horrible Opportunities
UNIX System Administrator (Current Employee), Columbia, MOMay 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits are Great, Good Work/Life Balance
Cons: Constant Layoffs, Low Employee Morale, Pay far below market rates.
After 2.5 years at IBM my career has stalled, managers make promises of promotion or raises and can never follow through. I stick around for the team I work with.

This company has not invested in me with a single raise, certification, or promotion in 2 years.
Excellent company
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMay 23, 2015
Pros: Vacation 401K health flexible schedule
Cons: Layoffs takeaways pressure
A changing culture constantly , like being in college for life. Not the company of old but still a great company to work for.
Fading giant with no moral compass
Global Portfolio Delivery Executive (Former Employee), Armonk, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Name recognition
Cons: Poor career development
IBM is former shell of itself that has struggled to change its business model and its resource for foder. They fell employees because managers are so busy they cant speak with manages until performance time when its often to late.
Great place to work.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible with work schedules, work from home, and work with people all over the world.
Cons: Most jobs are going away as the company is going towards Cloud Services.
Had the opportunity to work at home and at the office. Allowed me to advance in working as a Tier 3 Specialist, Service Delivery Leader, Architect Service Leader, Server Admin, and work with SCCM.
productive with good team relationship
Systems Support Specialist Tivoli Monitoring team (Current Employee), Belo, WVMay 21, 2015
Pros: good social time, and nice team members
Cons: short breaks, routine
Work transferring and dispatching work, leadership, change and incident managing skills, technical and procedures orientation

good team, critical people, process and client focus, no value time to focus on career and development, slow tools and process, always depending on emails and other process to flow to get things done and delaying on decision making

technical and procedures difficulties, environment structure and tools, routine of not working process being unchanged
Production driven and fast paced
Workflow Specialist (Current Employee), Beaverton, OrMay 20, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and 401 are exceptional
Best part of the job is knowing what we do makes a difference and impacts people's lives. Having co workers who care just as much as I do, wanting to do what is best for customers. Knowing everyday that when I go to work I am making a difference.
IBM was the very best company I've ever worked for, with excellent management, pay and culture.
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Winning trips, prizes and awards for meeting goals.
Cons: Working through bureacratic road blocks as they arose.
I worked as an Sr Territory Representative. I was responsible for selling IBM products and services into an assigned account set. A typical day involved a minimum of 5 hours on the phone talking with C-Level and Line-of-Business managers about their IT needs, generating opportunities for selling IBM solutions. I was required to meet an annual quota (averaging $8-12 Million). I coordinated opportunity engagements with clients with local area IBM Business Partners. The hardest part of my job was identifying enough opportunity to met my quota. The most enjoyable part was, of course, meeting my goals.
Well managed, with intelligent workforce and world class product offerings
Product Engineer (Current Employee), Essex Junction, VTMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, great work life balance, opportunities to succeed
Cons: At times slow to adopt and embace change
Opportunity to learn from and partner with the best and brightest, experience solid robust methods and processes, develop high value skills, work with and help innovate world class products and services and create your own success.
IBM has lost focus on employee satisfaction
IT Support (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Global
Cons: Outsourcing, resource actions yearly
The most enjoyable part of the day comes from interaction with the customer and getting a laugh while performing the job well. I had excellent coworkers as far as skills and personality that made for a pleasant work environment. Management were rarely around and did not talk to my area unless there was an error that needed discussion. The hardest part of the job was to perform the job to the best of my ability when IBM cut pay, cut bonuses, and said that employee motivation comes from having a job.
Remote working options
Recruiter II (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMay 20, 2015
The company allows us the option of working form home or from the office. There are something like 450k employees across the globe so this is a very large company.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Tactical Buyer (Current Employee), RTP, North CarolinaMay 19, 2015
Pros: Felxibility
Cons: Political, competitive, hard to move around, BIG company
Flexible work schedule and room for opportunity in the company depending on your network and who you know. The company can be quite political and being that it is such a large company, it is hard to get things to change or move.
Rural enviroment, much serenity.
Customer Service Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmospher
Cons: Low pay, mains old and falling apart, bad telephone reception as well as Internet server was spotty at best.
Great folks, nice and caring. Work enviroment low class I think out of date machinery. Elderly, non tech educated. Hard to do corospondence when elderly folks did not believe in high tech equipment.
Able to work at home; company is too slow in its thinking
Project Management (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Work at home: flexibility
Cons: Work at home: I miss the human interaction and stimulation of co-workers.
I worked with some very capable people who were hampered by the work culture of IBM. The company has the mindset of an 1800's industrial organization, but is working in a web-time environment. They are struggling with an organizational structure that is a bit outdated. Very competent people to work with.
Challenging workplace environment
2nd Line Manager/Sr. Service Integration Leader (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2015
Challenging and fast pace workplace environment. A typical day at work is 12-14hrs. Very demanding workplace environment, with difficult clients.
Dull work environment, many careless coworkers "stuck in their ways" and often uncaring. Others friendly but too much socializing in a workplace.
Manufacturing and Quality Control Operator (Former Employee), Essex Junction, VTMay 18, 2015
Pros: Many friendly employees, nice cafeteria.
Cons: Many lazy employees who are not accounted for, any take advantage of this by drastically prolonging breaks and socializing, many managers guilty of this careless behavior as well.
Older employee culture was often challenging to work within. Many uncaring and lazy employees engaging in way too much socializing. This company would be MUCH more productive if management were more attentive to general company goals and spent less time forming committees and team meetings to endlessly discuss what needs to be accomplished and dragging out department duties needlessly. Startling waste of time and money for such a seemingly successful corporation. Astounding!
Fast paced environment with broad challenges
Sr. Manager, Product/Solutions Management (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 18, 2015
IBM has a strong base of employee talent with a wide range of products, but the corporate direction is changing quickly.
Professional ever growing business that was good to me
Procurement Catalog Manager (Former Employee), Endicott, NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: The culture of the company
Cons: Leaving the company due to downsizing
I stayed with and provided my loyalty to IBM for all those years because I was treated as a member of a team and my opinion was always taken seriously. Besides learning many aspects of the business, I traveled to customer locations and met a variety of people from all areas of life. My co-workers were imperative to ensuring the completion of projects. It was always a team effort. The hardest part of my job was ensuring the customer or client received the "biggest bang for their buck". The most enjoyable part of my job was a happy client or customer.
Ok place to work
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2015
Worked on outsource account so upward mobility is limited to only a few people. My management was good, most enjoyable part of the job was no micro-management.
Super Management Team
Test Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NebraskaMay 16, 2015
It was a great learning experience to implement a quality product and service. I enjoyed working with the project management, software development, business analysis, and offshore QA Team.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries