IBM Employee Reviews

Found 2,845 reviews matching the search
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my many different jobs with IBM. I enjoyed working in the office and working remote. I would welcome the chance to re employee with IBM
Overall Rating is Good
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 10, 2016
It all depends on which project or client you are working for. As such IBM gives flexibility in terms of wfh but then again it depends on the project. The compensation is not up to the industry standard and increment happens very rarely.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Not reviewing a previous company. If a person worked for a company for as long as I did, it had benefits. No further comment is needed.
Excellent company
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  INFebruary 8, 2016
Good work life balance
WFH facility
Management is good.
Good perks
Nice work environment
Fun at work
learnt java related technologies.
Great Coworkers
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  MNFebruary 8, 2016
Great co-workers that can do what is needed even if tied by red tape, which seems to appear at the most inopportune times.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Cons
Red Tape, lots of it.
IBM Consulting Opportunities
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYFebruary 4, 2016
I have always enjoyed working with IBM, the projects are dynamic, and most of the employees respect you and look past the "consultant" moniker.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
contract security
International Business Machine
XY Operator (Former Employee) –  East Fishkill, NYFebruary 3, 2016
number one in technology what a challenge non stop learning and continue improvement. Great fun during the summer all kinds of events very enjoyable
Great coworkers
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Every team I have been on with IBM has had incredibly bright and friendly people. There is plenty of room to move up in the company if you want to put in the work.
Good organization
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2016
I'm Experienced in Java-J2EE enabled software development in terms of designing & implementation and currently working in IBM India Pvt. Ltd. as Senior System Engineer since January, 2013.
Nice place
Senior SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 2, 2016
I learned lot with IBM in 2 yeardsrs and it is always good to be asscoiated and work on the interesting projects like WRM upgrade etc
Pros
Good Metholodology
Cons
too much process
Client Experience
Infrastructure Engineer, IBM Maximo ERP/EAM SME (Former Employee) –  variousFebruary 2, 2016
Dedicated to achieving client goals, want to be seen as value added, provide contracted services, strong business practice, and commitment to employees.
Large company advantages and disadvantages
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Large company advantages and disadvantages. Just like any large company there are advantages and disadvantages working here. It provides good work life balance.
Pros
Large company Pros
Cons
Large company Cons
Very Friendly Atmosphere
Executive Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 1, 2016
Management is very considerate of employees needs. Coworkers are fun to work with. I learned how to manage complex projects and people.
Good Salary and Benefits Initially. Very Competitive work environment.
Software Group Finance - Business Analyst 3 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 1, 2016
I would recommend working here if you are very competitive. The benefits have been getting worse and worse over the years I worked there. I did not enjoy the company culture.
I have a love/hate relationship with IT
Retired (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day for many IT professionals is deciding which fire to put out first. Working in IT I learned that computers, software, servers, and database are not immortal. At some point something will crash (and sometimes even burn) and will need immediate attention while still doing your day-to-day obligations. #Multitasking

Management (myself included) want answers the minute something goes down. What caused it? How long will it take to fix it? What can we do to prevent it from happening again? Same questions each time even before the software engineer can have time to analyze what the problem is. #Smile

Working for IBM I had the opportunity to work with people from around the globe. Yes, there are some language barriers but we managed quite well and have a lot of fun laughing at each other.

I love working with people of different nationalities. It's interesting to learn about the different customs and cultures. This is definitely the most enjoyable part of my job.

One thing you have to understand, while working in IT, is that it doesn't know the time or day. Systems don't just need your attention 8-5 M-F. And they seem to know when you just laid down to go to sleep. You have to understand that this is not an 8-5 M-F job but it's certainly worth it to be in this field.
Pros
Salary (pays well).
Cons
Not an 8-5 M-F job!
greate company
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Its my 1st job. That is the foundation for where I am today. I learned a lot. Really good company at that time. Worked day and night. Provided required training. Very stressful job.
Pros
training, oppertunities
Cons
job security
Various Administrative positions.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJanuary 28, 2016
In my 30 years as an IBM employee, I held a variety of positions. While most of them were concentrated in the area of administration (secretarial, training, project support), I was always engaged with marketing, technical and support colleagues.
Pros
Workplace culture, compensation, ability to advance
Cons
Fun because of ping pong breaks
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 25, 2016
Very instructive job. I learned many backup and recovery scenarios by having to backup and clone data for some of the IBM customers
My ibm work
Developer, Lead Developer, Tech Lead and SME (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2016
IBM is good place to work, Work life is balanced. This is the place who don't worry compensation. Benefits are good. over all ins good company, Job Security is ok. Its not bad. Management and Job Culture is fine.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation
Stressful and no longer cares about employees
process improvement (Former Employee) –  VirtualJanuary 25, 2016
Today's IBM is not the original culture. Today is all based on bottom line, however management is short sighted, they consider only today's bottom line not tomorrow's. They no longer put effort into their employees morale and they no longer put effort into building last relationships with clients. Today's clients are yesterday's revenue, and today's employees are tomorrow's debts. This attitude and way of doing business will take down a once great company.
Pros
Peers are great, work from home environment allows a little work life balance
Cons
pay is low for the industry, Management has a "be thankful you have a job at all" attitude