IBM
3,443 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

IBM
Manager (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 17, 2014
Big blue is a great place to cut your teeth and learn the business.
Ok to work
Lead Hyperion Consultant and Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: multinational, multi-projects
Ok to work with. Have multiple projects. Multi-city and multi-country gets enough opportunities.
Profit driven company that has lost sight of the value of a satisfied employee over the past 10 years.
IT Security (Former Employee), WFHApril 16, 2014
Pros: long term contracts, acceptable employee benefits.
Cons: lots of management (6+ people between workers and the ceo), overworked teams where requests for a new hires are denied by upper management
When I started working for IBM the company was thriving and treating employees well. If you worked at home, they paid the internet bill. If you traveled, they covered your expenses with little fuss. Today, things are different. Work from home expenses are not covered, getting a cell phone bill covered takes repeated approvals, and travel is a pain. – more... Lower management was always to busy to give you proper annual reviews and help you advance or job shadow. Our teams were understaffed and running "lean" to the point of, literally, people leaving the office in route to the hospital for stress related symptoms. Employees miss the great name IBM used to stand for. – less
Excellent Employer
Test Analyst (Former Employee), Rochester, MNApril 16, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: overall benefit reduction
IBM is an extremely innovative company that fosters growth and creativity for its people.
IBM great place to work
Customer Advocate/Data Analyst of Backordered (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 16, 2014
great place to work.I was able to take over 60 courses for anything from Project management to consulting, excellent!
Lots of opportunity in the right group.
Deskside Support Representative (Current Employee), Herndon, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low advancement
I am not in the right group. Very little movement. People are nice and many good options to move around.
Good process focus, minimal opportunity for career changes
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the turnover of resources due to lack of career opportunities. The best part of the job was the employee dedication to doing their best during difficult circumstances.
IBM - I've Been Mugged!
Sr. Network Engineer / Administrator (Current Employee), Rocket Center WVApril 15, 2014
Pros: hourly rate / ot for it workers / 401k
Cons: everything else
It is nearly impossible to get promoted or get a raise. Management stifles career growth and innovative solutions. There is a huge lack of organization and implementation of solutions is haphazard at best.
Productive and fan place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: work for one of the best companies in the u.s.
A typical day at work was to meet with engineers scientist to discuss experiments and goals for the year. I learned a lot working with scientist in R&D for 12 years. I had the opportunity to apply my own ideas and developed patents with some of the engineers for new products. My co-workers were all very pleasant to work with and very educated in their – more... fields. I was an engineering tech specialist in analysis of the media for the development of the hard disc drive for the personal computer. I really enjoy working for IBM Corp. – less
Solid people, with lots of opportunities - but comes with the pain of a large organization
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 14, 2014
Pros: i love working with my colleagues and the excitement of a new client engagement
Cons: all the cons that come with a large corporation (forms in triplicate etc.)
A typical day - this is hard to describe. I might find myself engaged on a project, or working on a proposal, or teaching courses on SAS. The work is engaging and the people that I work with are amazing.

I have learned a lot in terms of developing predictive models and working on a major production system. They do a really good job of giving you the – more... tools and providing the necessary education for you to succeed at your job.

The hardest part would have to be traveling to client sites, and having that constant uncertainty as to where you will be in 2- 3 years. – less
Staff Software Engineer-Test Lead (Former Employee), IndiaApril 14, 2014
Place with many opportunities for career growth and healthy job culture.
Review
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 14, 2014
IBM is a fantastic company to work for. They have revolutionized the world and to be part of the IBM workforce is an honor.
Great company to work for
Contracts Operational Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaApril 14, 2014
Cons: sending jobs off shore
I have worked for IBM for 15 years. I love working for this company as it promoted job growth. However, when they decided to start sending jobs off shore a lot of families in the US was affected by the lay-offs. Unfortunately, I was one of them and now I am seeking new employment for a great forth coming company.
Rollacoaster of emotions...sometimes even the simple things end up being puzzling
Software & Subscription Renewals Acquisitions Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2014
Pros: awesome teamwork, sales incentives, integrity based timesheets, ot opportunities
Cons: processes constantly changing...lots of chasing people down for proper guidance
Love working here for the most part, however have to leave due to a family medical matter and though the job is proven that it can be done remotely (grandfathered employees)...company not willing to approve per my initial application stipulations. Does leave a bad taste since I've been with them a long time.
contract position
contract help desk desk side support (Former Employee), strongsville, ohioApril 13, 2014
Pros: challenging environment
Cons: frequent payroll furloughs
Frequent furloughs and contract position no benefits, work environment was challenging
Processing refund checks and running reports
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee), Endicott, NYApril 12, 2014
Pros: i love working there and always have.
Cons: lay off's happen yearly and i'm worried my job is not secure.
My typical day involves processing checks as refunds or my company. I also work with teams from India, Canada, Brazil and China helping with typical day to day problems they might have and help them resolve it. I also work with customers who might need a report ran for payment status , outstanding invoice status etc. I also work with a team who compares – more... one table to another for records and if those records don't compare they send them to me to analyze and find the missing records and made sure they get reloaded to the specific system so the team's variance is resolved. I also have weekly meetings with a claims team to ensure and assist to retrieve any money owed to our company and ensure it gets refunded in a timely manner. I also have management come to me for reporting and breakdowns of specific records and payments. I work daily with our Customer Service team to help them resolve any questions or concerns they might have. I was a Team lead in Customer Service for many years so my expertise in that area helps me to help that team. – less
Great College Work
Project Leader (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INApril 11, 2014
Very nice position for a college student. Very flexible in allow time for studying. Not overbearing and allows for great work-life balance
Very Friendly employees
Learning Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no support for career development
Consultant work is unstable and it is based on if they have available projects. If you are not assigned to a project in a considerable amount of time, be prepared to be laid-off. Some high-manager attitudes are very snobbish
Great company
Instructor Lead (Former Employee), American Airlines training - FlagShip UniversityApril 11, 2014
Pros: expensed travel and ability to impart knowledge and coach team players
Cons: no advancement or recognition
Great company with a great reputation.
Worked for IBM for almost 4 years and then position was eliminated.
I was contracted to my previous employer, American Airlines but was outsourced to IBM after 21 years with AA and maintained same job responsibilities.
Management very goal oriented but advancement, pay increases and bonuses virtually non-existent.
Co-workers – more... were great and provided much support and a great team to work work and interact with.
Hardest part of my position was working with local management. some deadlines and decisions were inconsistent were hard to meet Never a problem with AA.
Most enjoyable was being a corporate instructor and supervisor for over 30 years including a previous employer prior American Airlines. I had the opportunity to visit 47 countries and over 170 cities, domestic US and International asf an AA headquarters consultant. – less
Great people, poor management
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2014
What was once a great culture, environment and workplace no longer exists - micro-focus on short term financial targets eliminates any ability to move business strategically, and sucks the morale out of the hard-working and intelligent people who know how to make it successful.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more