IBM

6.5K reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Center where I work is average.
Full-Time Employee (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIAugust 31, 2015
Center fulfills client (both internal and external) contracts or projects. The key metric is your utilization on these contracts and projects. Flexibility in your type of work is necessary to avoid being "on the bench" too long. Other areas of company function differently than the center.
Good Company to work for within the Service industry
Work Load Manager (aka Lead Dispatcher) (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Good challenges
Cons: Sometime work load was overwhelming
Working with very highly skilled people.
Enjoyed the challenges of the work.
Good group of folks to work with.
Good place to learn new skills, work environments, how big business operates and new processes.
Excellent place to work on projects.
Hardest part of the job was leaving.
A dying services company
Partner (Former Employee), ArmonkAugust 31, 2015
Inept leadership stays in place while those who actually do work get fired. Despite the marketing pitch, the various product and service lines do not work well together.
Great to work from home but always in fear of losing your job off shore.
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Belton, MOAugust 31, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: no job security as jobs are being pushed off shore
Great immediate work group. Everyone worked very well together and shared information. Unfortunately, we all lost our jobs to offshore resources.
Work At Home Environment - Software Systems analysis - Programming
Contract Software Engineer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Convenient - work at home
Cons: sometimes hard to get help.
The job was "work at home". convenient in that respect. Analyzed & corrected/converted PL/1 & Assembler programs. I logged on every morning to work with people in Cincinnati & India to correct / convert pl/1 & assembler programs adding enhancements to the jobs.
IBM Provides a lot of opportunities
Global Executive Sourcing Science (Current Employee), RTP, NCAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Huge footprint, incredible brand recognition, multi-layered with vast number of products and solutions.
Cons: Took 18 months to become profitable, lots of empty/older facilities which increase costs of delivery, Aging workforce not looking for change or innovation.
Typical large corporate atmosphere. Probably a bit less drama than most large corporations. Huge footprint, incredible brand recognition, multi-layered with vast number of products and solutions. Took 18 months to become profitable but not sure if they can hold on to it. Lots of empty/older facilities which increase costs of delivery, Aging workforce not looking for change or innovation.
Not so good any more.
Application Developer, NYC, NY (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance.
Cons: Growth comes by many factors and not only good work.
I had met some wonderful technical people at IBM during my early days but the quality is not the same as it was years ago. Management should focus more on long term and less on different way of cost cutting.
IBM having very god working culture
CPM for Global Implementation Team Lead (Current Employee), BaganloreAugust 28, 2015
Don't expect any increment only job security good working culture.
only few people get opportunists work onsite training.
Large company with stability and benefits
Identity Management / Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Personal support and benefits
Cons: Salary and advancement opportunity
After 14 years I was well networked into the IBM culture and knew many people. The management was kind and understanding, and I was able to perform my job duties independently. Coworkers were knowledgeable and friendly. Upper level management changed over the recent years, and most of my department was off-shored for more company profit in the short term. It was a bit difficult to make career advancements once I was in one department. My position became a bit repetitive and mundane after the years. Great community service and ability to contribute.
Great Experience
Executive Support - Deskside Team Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2015
I truly enjoyed working with IBM. The flaws are in the 4 years I was there, there were no pay increases, promotions and guarantee of extended employment due to constant layoffs world wide. I would like to find a company I can grow and mature with long term.
Storage Consultant/Team Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2015
Work from home big plus. Much work and devotion to getting things done. Company stands by its brand. Coworkers always available to lend a hand.
Productive fun place with Supporting team
Technical Engineer (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 28, 2015
I worked as a full-time summer intern and then converted as Co-Op. The NHN (New Hire Network) team at IBM is very helpful. They conduct many activities to engage people in fun apart from work they do. The team is very supportive and give lot of encouragement. Good place to work.
Excellent managers
Manager of Technical Support Operations (Former Employee), Austin, texasAugust 27, 2015
Pros: managers, training, other employees
Cons: none really
My time working at IBM was very fulfilling. The managers were great--willing to back you up and let you work and try implementing new programs. This attitude permeated down to all levels and really helped people feel they were an integral part of the team. Everyone was smart and hard working and cared about the mission of delivering high quality support to our customers.
IBM - Work from home
Control-M Scheduler, Production Control Analyst (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits, work from home
Cons: Outsourced to India
The most enjoyable part of the job was being incredibly busy, the days flew by. Always something new to learn each day. Working from home was great, but working in an office has its perks also. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
An outstanding Company to work for.
Secretary Specialist (Former Employee), Endicott, NYAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay and employee benefits.
Cons: None
IBM is a very fair company to work for. They really care about you and helping you progress in your career path. My husband and I both worked there, and we were very happy with Management and the structure of the Company.
Very educational place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 27, 2015
Pros: top 500 company
Cons: long days
It was a very educational experience I enjoyed the time I worked there very much and I am disappointed that I no longer work there due to down sizing
Great company!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 26, 2015
Excellent company to work for with emphasis on work life balance, as well as an excellent benefit pkg. Promotes education and "thinking outside the box".
Great people and great culture
Global Sales Operations - Business Analyst (Former Employee), Armonk, NYAugust 26, 2015
Started my career in IGF - the financial division of IBM. It was a great place to start and learn. I worked closely with all groups and the sales culture was imbeded in my DNA even though I was not a sales rep. It has helped me as I have advanced my career outside of IBM.
Excellent place to learn
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Littleton, MAAugust 26, 2015
During my Internship with IBM I worked on different projects. I found the atmosphere of IBM extremely helpful and friendly. Its more about taking initiatives and learning while getting the work done. Some tasks are challenging but your coworkers are always willing to help you. Its a vast knowledge of ocean and you learn as you work on different projects There is fun too after work like playing games with your coworkers and friends. Overall my journey with the Big Blue was exciting and memorable.
Traveling Consultant
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Endicott, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Expenses reimbursed in a timely manner, Quarterly Reviews
Cons: Raises and Bonuses
Multiple Work places
Worked from Home 5 years
Assisting users and management with work items
Maintaining databases