IBM
5,313 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

High Turnover
Senior IT Specialist (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMarch 1, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: poor treatment of employees
Don't plan on making a career at IBM. The new hire program claims advancement opportunities and ability to find your dream job --- but it is rare.
IBM Review
Consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good vacation policy
Cons: bully management, long hours, risk of job loss ever present
The company is run by Finance, not by any strategy or determination of where the company is headed. As a result, if you live in the US, your job is always at risk - count on two layoffs per year, and in between that time, working long hours. Further much of the culture is based on Bully Management. This is not the case in all instances, but it has become much more pervasive.

The company no longer pays bonuses, and raises are limited.

Long work days, and often loss of vacation days, holidays and weekends to meet corporate goals.
Good work cloture and mutual trust
LIMS consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2015
IBM is a very good company to work with and employee work life balance maintains very well. management have full trust on the resources.
Review
Intern Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2015
Good culture to learn and work within the productive environment. Helping seniors guiding well to move ahead and resolve the problem assigned within time.
Good Company
Senior Manager Workday HCM Payroll (Current Employee), Coppell, TXFebruary 27, 2015
IBM is a great place to work for and they provide excellent on going management training. The coworker are always wiling to help each other .
Great Job
Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee), East Fishkill, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Used to be the best place to work, but now things have changed. Job security is a thing of the past. Working to retirement age is wishful thinking these days.
Former star that has faded big time
Programmer (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: a cool culture it is not
Nothing much to write. It's Dilbert world and then some. Culture, both physical and spiritual, is bland and does little to help foster engagement. More concerned with time metrics and other measurements that do not allow innovative and creative minds to shine.
PHI - Great Company to work for
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Carneys Point, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Was a contractor for PHI. Company treated employees and
contractors very good. Flexible work hours, excellent pay,
benefits, vacation, etc.

Friendly staff. Group worked well together.

Really enjoyed my job.

Company went from Mainframe to SAP.
Straight from college to IBM for the past 5 years
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee), houston, txFebruary 26, 2015
Most projects allowed to work from home. Balanced work and personal life. More of a technical based company, not so for a consultant. Not much climbing up into the company.
Highly qualified workplace
T&T Account Transition manager (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 26, 2015
IBM has expectations of all employees that are required for IBM's growth as a company to succeed. These are met thru continual education, which IBM advocates.
Underpaid/overworked
Staff Technical Writer/Information Developer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Too much work and not enough people to do it. Management can be either wonderful or awful - no in-between. Pay is no longer competitive in Silicon Valley.
Good pay, but rode hard, and put away wet!
Consultant (Former Employee), USAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good salary in consulting.
Cons: long work hours, lot's of processes.
Company is constantly trying to "re-invent" itself. Process changes, lot's of travel, constant belt tightening. Some really good people there. They try very hard. The hardest part of the job is trying to get the company to focus on the client, not it's processes. The best part are the great people there, many of who will bend over backwards to help you. The typical work day is waking up in a hotel, working at a client, and working at the hotel, after dinner. Then repeat.
My co-workers were some of the most dedicated and competent people I have ever worked with
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), MassachusettsFebruary 25, 2015
Good people doing the actual work. The biggest problem I have with IBM is that their high level management is utterly detached and unconcerned about the people who work for them. The bottom line is the only concern, despite anything said otherwise. Am I jaded? Yes. After working the better part of seven years as a sub-con for them, I was tasked with training H1B replacements for myself and a number of my fellow American contractors, and then fired unceremoniously a week prior to my scheduled end-date with no warning or compensation.
Stagnant with little to no opportunity to grow
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Heavily infused with politics to the point that it was very difficult to get anything done. Toward the end of my time there, a typical day was filled with the same tasks that could be done by rote. Almost everyone was fearful of losing their jobs, so they looked for ways to under mind their co-workers and make themselves look good.
no work-life balance
Senior Software Engineer, Lenovo (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAFebruary 24, 2015
No work-life balance. Employees expected to be on call every weekend.
Vacation allowed only when employee finds and gets another employee to back him/her.
Very minimal salary increases or bonuses for employees.
No reward for working hard.
Typical Day
SCCM Admin (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Provide support for our OSD and software deployment teams. If there are any issues that our tier I and tier II teams cannot resolve they contact me.
Challenging and fast paced environment to work, good benefits and training
Technical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: challenging work, good benefits, good training opportunities
Cons: travel can at times be daunting
A typical day was to support training of Business Partners to sell IBM E-Commerce software. This required at time extensive travel to business partner locations to educate them on the latest product enhancements, and available sales plays for their organization.
Good work experience for future interests
Entitlement Coordinator (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: desk work instead of labor
Cons: can be overwhelming
A typical day of work for me was getting logged on early to start my day and then going to eat breakfast in the cafeteria. Then clocking in and planning my day/ checking emails/ prioritizing/ Releasing service calls appropriately.
More often than not co-workers were not showing up on time or at all and management functions to perform and maintain quality.
The hardest part was taking calls from upset customers needing service and having a problem showing entitlement for service.
The most enjoyable part was liking my job and wanting more out of it.
I learned that nothing lasts forever and I am working on a no more campaign in the name of a no hate society.
Work
Commercial Manager (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 24, 2015
IBM is an great place to work.
You get to learn a lot and you get a lot of exposure. I think the experience gained in IBM will always come in handy no matter which organisation you join.
The Senior Management is very friendly and are very approachable
Fast paced work environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2015
I learned a great many computer skills there as well as different problem solving techniques and troubleshooting methods. Worked with a different types of softwares and hardwares as well networking connections.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more