IBM

6.4K reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Great company!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 26, 2015
Excellent company to work for with emphasis on work life balance, as well as an excellent benefit pkg. Promotes education and "thinking outside the box".
Great people and great culture
Global Sales Operations - Business Analyst (Former Employee), Armonk, NYAugust 26, 2015
Started my career in IGF - the financial division of IBM. It was a great place to start and learn. I worked closely with all groups and the sales culture was imbeded in my DNA even though I was not a sales rep. It has helped me as I have advanced my career outside of IBM.
Excellent place to learn
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Littleton, MAAugust 26, 2015
During my Internship with IBM I worked on different projects. I found the atmosphere of IBM extremely helpful and friendly. Its more about taking initiatives and learning while getting the work done. Some tasks are challenging but your coworkers are always willing to help you. Its a vast knowledge of ocean and you learn as you work on different projects There is fun too after work like playing games with your coworkers and friends. Overall my journey with the Big Blue was exciting and memorable.
Traveling Consultant
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Endicott, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Expenses reimbursed in a timely manner, Quarterly Reviews
Cons: Raises and Bonuses
Multiple Work places
Worked from Home 5 years
Assisting users and management with work items
Maintaining databases
Minimal Training for Projects
Several different coworkers
Obtaining New Projects
Traveling to New Locations across and out of country
Productive and fun environment to work for with incentives for bonuses/games/contests
Technical Support for TurboTax Software (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Laid back atmostphere with little requirement for supervision
Cons: Lack of supervision when it comes to locating a supervisor to assist with an issue/customer
Great atmosphere, great coworkers and all are willing to do whatever it takes to help you succeed. Hardest part of the job was trying to flag down a supervisor that a customer was requiring to speak to. I learned to handle stress under pressure and to wing it.
Excellent company to work for!
Professional Development Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 25, 2015
IBM is an amazing company to work for. Personal development and advancement within the organization is very much a priority for management.
Billing Clerk
Support Staff (Former Employee), Hopewell Junct NYAugust 25, 2015
*Sent out Claims
*Sorted and distributed the mail.
*Scanned paperwork for workers comp and No Fault Claims
*Mailed out Secondary claims
*Moved deposits within accounts
*Prepared EOB's into files for ease of access
*Adhere to all Medical groups policies and procedures
*Pulled medical records when needed.
Great place to Work
VP, Business Development (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay AreaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for career growth
Cons: Work life balance is not great.
Great place to begin a career to learn technology and business management skills.

If you apply yourself you can navigate through several IBM divisions and have the opportunity to master different job functions and have access to software, hardware, storage, and services technologies.
Chaos
PMO Manager/Program and Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Changing Room
Cons: Chaos
Chaos - Very fast passed with management that does not know what they are doing. The on-the-floor people are good to work with though.
Productive place
Network Specialist (Current Employee), Saudi ArabiaAugust 23, 2015
Good learning environment
good management
But to grow your career there is no support internally.
No training provided nor improving skills. Everything learn by youself
Demanding environment, challenging and fast paced
Advisory Contract Specialist, IBM Software Group (Former Employee), Middletown, RIAugust 22, 2015
High level of confidentiality, fast paced and demanding position. Multitasking, high level of detail and organization required.
Good work environment
z/OS System Programmer (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 21, 2015
IBM as a whole is good company to work for to learn old an new technology. IBM provide tools to help their employees to progress in their field and new growth.
Executive Assistant, Contractor Manpower (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: working remote
Cons: none
Working with remote managers was great. I was able to do my job without being interrupted by people coming up to my desk. I managed many accounts that were on different levels and in different markets. I learned time management and how to prioritize.
Very productive environment, well defined support structure
Application Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Days were structured, benefits good, pay adequate
Cons: Hard to advance career, or change jobs.
The daily routine changed quite often, because of the nature of the job. Time was spent assisting users on the phone or responding to inquiries via email and chat applications. Most situation of the day would be solve during that day. Not much carryover into the following day.
Team oriented environment with great benefits.
Systems Administrator / Security Focal (Former Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 19, 2015
IBM provides a great work environment that has a heavy team focus. Team members quickly become close as they work in unison to achieve common goals. IBM also provides great benefits to its staff.
Great Company to Work for
Administrative Assistant Sr (Former Employee), BrazilAugust 18, 2015
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow as a professional. Good benefits. A lot of extra-hours monthly, but especially at the end of each quarter. Hard to get promoted
Good place to start and that's about it
SSR (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2015
Good place to work if you are looking for IT experience but basically that is it. I mean the benefits are great and the schedule is pretty nice most of the time. But after three years with no raise and no raise in sight and nowhere to move up from here it is time to move on.
Ever changing company with amazing people whom you could collaborate with.
Procurement Manger (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 18, 2015
A portion of a typical day would consist of meeting with the Executive team to discuss project timelines as it pertained to Procurement. Analyzing budgets, inventory, current and upcoming procurement request which is one part that of being a Procurement Manager I enjoyed. Work with the CFO to ensure that the Vendor contracts as well as service agreements have been met, budget updates and analytical review for upcoming quarters and or yearly capital expenses.
good
AIX/UNIX Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
Its great to work for IBM . great working experience in excellent environment friendly co workers learned a lot. experienced boss
Good place to work, management and work environment need to improve
Software Engineer interrn (Current Employee), Dublin OhAugust 17, 2015
Knowledgable and experienced co workers
No extra benefits to interns
No guarantee for full time even if u work hard are good
Headquarters