IBM

6.3K reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

Exciting to learn about accounts payable and overdue accouts and how to handle past due accounts professionally
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Reseach Triangle Park, N.C.August 3, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed learning about how the hospital billing work for hospitals
Cons: likeable staff
Enviro-Guard was a fast pace place. But after working 6months the company decided to go out of business. I made daily Bank deposits and prepare list for account history reports for account manager weekly.The hardest part of the job was having to call customers on their late payment agreements.
Job culture is horrible
Senior Operation Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: can work from home
Cons: no job security
The work is great. We learn constantly due to the nature of IT job. My co-workers are great. However, IBM is laying off people and shift our jobs to Brazil or India every quarter therefore nobody has any incentive to work harder.
An interesting place to work
Global Program Manager (Current Employee), Savage, MNAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Ever changing.
Cons: Sometimes can difficult to get a project to end.
A typical day runs from writing reports to managing escalations and support the customers every need. My co-workers are located all over the world and it this adds to the enjoy-ability of the job. I get a chance to work some amazing people. The hardest part of my job is putting it down at the end of the day. It is exciting and challenging in a number of ways.
Worked remote and at the IBM Boulder campus.
Systems Administrator Backup & Recovery Engineer (Current Employee), Boulder ColoradoAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Working remote was nice.
Cons: No Cons.
I was responsible for monitoring and managing customer data backups for such company as Johnson & Johnson, Xcel, Hartford, Honeywell and Spirit Aero Systems. I managed disk pools, media offsite management along with remediation daily backup failures to quick resolution.
Stagnent large company
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), PhoenixAugust 1, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: no use in exceeding
It's what you would expect of a large company. No room to overachieve, lots of B and C players riding the success of A players. Any A player will leave very quickly because you are not rewarded for your exceptional performance. The cost cutting measures that continue to come over and over again at the expense of the everyday employee.
Poor contract leadership
computer person (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 1, 2015
Pros: work from home, Money
Cons: Everything, typical big blue.
The money is great and thats about it. Management are project managers are typically clueless, non-technical but yet make decisions and directions even though they dont have a good grasp of the task at hand.
Excellent employee support and high standards
IT Architect (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 31, 2015
IBM provides excellent support for its employees in their daily work. This includes very good benefits and internal resources that the employee can always rely on. Management communicates and keeps the employee informed on what is happening within the company. It also provides ample opportunity to provide feedback to the management and colleagues.
n/a
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
I was acquired by IBM when they bought the consulting arm of PricewaterhouseCoopers. I really enjoyed my time and made lifelong friendships.
Working from home is great, great bosses
Recruiter (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: remote worker, set your hours, great co workers
Cons: job security, advancement, work/life balance
I am a contractor here. I have been asking multiple times if I can move up or at least become permanent but it goes to a deaf ear. They had a layoff in May and let go of regular workers. I don't feel they – more... will keep the contractors as work is super busy at times and completely extinct at times. 3 bosses all quit at the same time and went to a different company. It makes you wonder about the stability of this company. I am salaried and sometimes I am working 50 hours a week but only being paid for 40 hours. There is no way, you can effectively do your job in 8 hours.Many SC's are working on Saturday's to stay afloat on their workload but are not getting paid for it. – less
Great company
Consultant Business Analyst, Technical Writer (Current Employee), RemoteJuly 31, 2015
loved working with this company and the team, innovative products, and publishing tools - would work for IBM again as a contractor or full time. I highly recommend.
Nice work environment and great teamwork among employees.
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules.
Cons: Healtcare becoming more expensive every year
The employees work well together to produce the required results. People take pride in their work and strive to meet or exceed all customer expectations.
Just an old company
Consultants Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, many locations
Cons: layoffs, diversity challenged, moniorty low pay
They gave me my first start as a consultant. you always need to find a project the best way to survive this company is to find a skill that they can always use you in that others can't qualify.
Nobody even knows you exist, too many employees to be focused on the individual
Middleware Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Large Company
Benefits were good, compensation was below average and the management had too many employees under them to be able to spend any time with, they might not even know your name
Close-knit Staff
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FlJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, secure work environment, flexible, enjoyable.
Cons: Little growth opportunity, monotonous, not challenging enough.
I love my facility and coworkers. We are a close-knit crew working in a healthy environment. I enjoy working in a facility where I frequently interact with military members. Staff maintain a respectful and helpful work relationship with others. Supervisors are extremely competent and work alongside their employees to ensure the mission is completed in the most effective way.
Great people and fantastic pay but terrible time frames to work
Tech Support (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at IBM consisted of about 30-60 phone calls dealing with companies that rented server space from IBM. We did troubleshooting for just about any PC/server or PointOfSale system that IBM provided. – more... The Co-workers are great people and tend to be very diverse. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the unbearable hours. The shift that was available was 6PM to 6AM which does not fit anybody else's shift in my home. The management was very friendly and very easy to integrate with. The pay was really good and the job itself wasn't difficult, it was just the hours that were unbearable. – less
Productive work environment
Staff Systems and Procedures Specialist (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good salary
Cons: Health Care Benefits, Unreasonable suggested improvements
Took minutes of staff meeting for senior level of management. Provided administrative support to management and programmers. Distributed "Release for Announcement Products" for review. Coordinated a world-wide education weekly course/once a year. Pulled reports of programmer error test results.
Great company if you enjoy challenges and lots of hard work
Sr. Application Developer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 29, 2015
Pros: No limit to learning. IBM has many ways for one to learn
I enjoyed the challenges and successfully completing all my projects. I learned a lot. The IBMers I worked with were helpful, patient and understanding. My co-workers were great. My management team was excellent and very supportive.
N/A
TECHNICAL SERVICES PROF - ADV (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 29, 2015
uring my employment here I obtained skills that I can utilize and use to grow with the company as well as that I will be able to use in future employment. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the people – more... that I was working along side with were very fun and outgoing people. I think the hardest part of the job was just getting the initial hang of all of it but other than that the job itself was alright. I learned several things while employed here, customer service skills over the phone, how to work in a call center environment, enhanced my skills on how to operate a apple computer, and just overall experience of the call center was great.. – less
Invention
Technical Delivery Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Best learning
Cons: agressive dead lines
Best place top learn advanced technology
Best projects to work.
Good SAP implementation projects. Advanced technologies used.
More towards invention. AGressive deadlines , ontime deliveries.
N/A
Domain Analyst - L1 Performance Monitoring (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Pros
Cons: Cons
A Typical day at work,
What you learned
Your co-Workers
The hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job
Headquarters