IBM Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,125 reviews matching the search
Sad to say, IBM is not what it used to be.
Advisory Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 27, 2016
Please see here for another side of IBM.

www.facebook.com/alliancemember

Many, many layoffs in the past five years for talented, dedicated people. IBM keeps it a "secret."

It's sad.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTAugust 27, 2016
When a company is making billions every quarter and still pay the online factory workers $12.00 per hour, when we should have been paid in the $15-20.00 range. You could never go to HR and make a complaint about anything without getting lashed out by the Management Team.
Pros
Great Benifits, People, and advancement to new tooling
Cons
Managment lack training, Lousy Pay
Nice place to work
Senior System Software Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2016
Pay is good, a lot of opportunity to learn new things. Work at home. Challenging work to do.
Team collaboration. Opportunity to submit your own new ideas, and have them acted upon during innovation weeks every quarter.
Pros
Pay is good, a lot of opportunity to learn new things, Work at home, Challenging work to do, Team collaboration, Opportunity to submit your own new ideas, and have them acted upon during innovation weeks every quarter
Cons
Too much churn, Lots of offshoring.
Good
Senior ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2016
Overall a good place to work but once you get rolled off from a project its become very difficult to get a project as nobody helps you in getting one.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Very difficult to find project once you get rolled off from one project
Good
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 26, 2016
• Determined user/business/functional requirements for CAMP
• Wrote Business Requirement Documents (BRD),Functional Design Specifications (FDS), Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS) and System
They need to care more about their employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
IBM continues to take benefits from employees as the years go by. There are too many processes that get in the way of us doing our jobs. Lack of resources due to resource actions is a huge problem, but the executives don't seem to care. The problem isn't with direct line managers. The problem is with the executive leadership and the dream world in which they live. They have no idea, nor do they care, how difficult our jobs have become. 17 years ago when I first started, IBM was pretty great. Now, I'm just trying to hold on for another few years until I can retire.
Pros
Great insurance and vacation benefits.
Cons
Everything else.
was great
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2016
was great until at&t bought the division as far as benefits and wages and culture, but was management changed so did that culture....it is still was a good place to work from what i know and i dont have anything bad to say about them
Its a Hardware IT Tech job
System Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2016
No real future in a career as a Hardware IT tech.

Hours are demanding, maybe a small raise every two years, stressful.

No shift differential pay. My group is always short handed, high turn over.
Productive and objective driven environment
Senior Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2016
IBM makes you work hard with no rewards. With very high productivity, expectations. Work requires at least 50 hours a week and travelling every week. Leaves very little time for family.
Great company to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 24, 2016
Great company to work for with great salary. Work life is also great with time off when needed. Great access to management review process.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
A good company with good people in transition
Brand and Portfolio Marketing Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
IBM has a strong long-term business model with an exceptionally deep and vibrant culture. the firm is very much in a period of transition. Lots of opportunity for young ppl but pace of change can be frustrating at times.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
can be hard to move through red tape
good people to work with
CONSUMPTION MANAGER / FOCAL, Dow Chemical Account (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
People worked with were good. The company benefits were not. Reduced severance pay this year. Stopped paying monthly contributions to 401K plan and would only pay the company portion in December if your were not laid off.
Terrible
Lam Etch Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTAugust 23, 2016
Hours made me physically sick. Equipment way too old. Doesn't feel like anybody cares about you. Training was near obsolete.
Great colleagues and interesting work
Senior Supply Chain Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 23, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with IBM. I got to work with exceptionally bright people and had many opportunities to learn and grow. In addition, my clients over the years were interesting and varied in their missions. IBM provides an exceptional benefits package including health care, vision care, dental insurance, 401K and paid vacation. Unfortunately after I had my son, I did not feel as though there was enough work/life balance to continue to work when he was a baby and took a few years off. Now that my son is older, I would love to be able to get back into a company like IBM.
IBM GBS is like a ship that is caught in the storm
Associate Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
Anybody looking for a job in IT and Business Consulting, my advise would be to look elsewhere.

I can sense that IBM GBS is directionless, with incompetent people at the top. Much of the "Blue Eyed Boys Club" from PwC days forms the creamy layer at IBM GBS.

And they will run it to the bottom, as they very efficiently did at PwC.
Pros
You have a job that pays your bills
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 22, 2016
Front desk reception duties for the office which includes handling of all phone calls and manage internal & external customers timely and professionally. Receive and greet all visitors in a professional and warm manner and collect and distribute all incoming mail and courier items. Develop and maintain a tracking system on all incoming & outgoing mails and courier items for the office also assist in General Office administration.
Different groups, different reviews
Delivery Excellence Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 22, 2016
IBM GBS is focused on billable hours. Often leading edge technology and processes. Some groups have a great deal of flexibility, others very little. Most often a lot of travel.

Opportunities to be involved in many innovating groups.
Pros
Opportunity to engage with leading edge groups.
Cons
High billable targets. Long hours.
Enjoyed fringe benefits
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 22, 2016
As a Staff Software Engineer I felt that there was no more room from growth. And once I went part-time responsibility was taken away. It was a good stable job and enjoyed the fringe benefits such as free snacks and sodas and company get together's every 3 months or so.
Not So Good
Senior Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2016
As many companies are doing, IBM is moving too many jobs off-shore and laying off too many U.S. workers. They are also backfilling many of the positions with sub-contractor workers without the skills needed at 1/3 the cost of full time IBM Subject Matter Experts and charging its clients the price as if they are providing the expertise.
Pros
Great employees and very talented collegues
Cons
Pay declining, no work-life balance, profit sharing is a joke, no job security
Too boring. Too "nice."
Linux/UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2016
Not the place to have a type A personality. Too laid back and wishy washy, in my opinion. After 4 years, I turned in a notice.
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
Unremarkable Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.