IBM
6,239 reviews

IBM Employee Reviews

N/A
TECHNICAL SERVICES PROF - ADV (Current Employee), Boulder, COJuly 29, 2015
uring my employment here I obtained skills that I can utilize and use to grow with the company as well as that I will be able to use in future employment. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the people that I was working along side with were very fun and outgoing people. I think the hardest part of the job was just getting the initial hang of all of it but other than that the job itself was alright. I learned several things while employed here, customer service skills over the phone, how to work in a call center environment, enhanced my skills on how to operate a apple computer, and just overall experience of the call center was great..
Invention
Technical Delivery Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Best learning
Cons: agressive dead lines
Best place top learn advanced technology
Best projects to work.
Good SAP implementation projects. Advanced technologies used.
More towards invention. AGressive deadlines , ontime deliveries.
N/A
Domain Analyst - L1 Performance Monitoring (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Pros
Cons: Cons
A Typical day at work,
What you learned
Your co-Workers
The hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job
great job..
Manufacturing (Former Employee), Essex Junction, VTJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: i cant think of any except the clean room outfits
I enjoyed my job at IBM, except having to wear the clean room outfits. Everyone got along, we all worked together. If we had issues we helped each other. Great job that I really miss when I became ill and had to many missed days for DR. appts.
Monolithic corporate culture with lacking technologies in play.
UNIX/Windows/Linux System Administrator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great teams, great attitudes.
Cons: Faceless corporate monolith.
IBM is a company with a lot of history behind it. That history is both proud, successful and in other ways a blundering behemoth of structure and inability to adjust.

A typical day in the position I was in began with a sunrise call to bring all parties up to speed with the previous shift's activities, then checking email (in IBM Notes). Then watching numerous queues in various clients' tracking windows.

Co-workers were pleasant, helpful and always encouraging! A great team. That said, IBM is company facing a hard road ahead. I mentioned that they had history. With any relationship, that translates to baggage and they will never lose theirs.

I found myself encumbered with procedures, hard to find and sort documentation repositories, software that was outdated 20 years ago and unhelpful offshored resources that created difficulties in communication.

IBM is a place for the patient, if resigned to a fate in corporate America.
IBM is going downhill fast
Sr. Platform Engineer (Current Employee), Midland, MIJuly 28, 2015
IBM is not a good place to work at all. They do not treat their employees very well. They manage for the next quarter instead of the long term. Both their employees and customers are entirely unsatisfied with IBM's service.
Lower than market rate compensation with minimal to no raises. "Management & Mktg by PPT."
Senior Demand Generation Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Work from home options, good health benefits, some smart people and good initiatives (like Smarter Cities, Watson)
Cons: Poor compensation, stale management, wrong metrics, and poor culture.
Cons: Very poor compensation compared to market and virtually no raises. Marketing is heavy on internal executive reporting and PowerPoints, and despite wanting to implement a "new way to work," has leaned ever more heavily toward processes that impede work. IBM continues to measure and reward the wrong metrics in marketing. Classic example is an internal Twitter platform designed fore everyone in the company to spew out IBM tweets and tiles that they have not individually created. Quantity continues to be valued over quality; something that is becoming even more apparent during these times of earnings stress. IBM does not work smarter. If it did, it could go really far. It never cleans out its executive ranks so methods of working and culture do not significantly change.
Loved meeting and helping people grow.
Assisted instructor (Former Employee), Fort Worth,TexasJuly 28, 2015
I assisted and helped trained people to work on the computer that was most enjoyable. It worked well for the people and the staff.
Racks Builder
Racks Builder (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 28, 2015
I worked as a racks system machine builder at IBM via Manpower in Rack Merge manufacture to build, cabling, and finishing the towers system machine; and also I work in another different areas in same time (SMP) to build different types of drawers, test area to test the racks and the drawers before send them to the client .
Ok place to work
Staff Engineeer/Scientist (Former Employee), Essex Junction, VermontJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Nice cafeteria
Cons: cold winters
this is a ok place to work. I worked their for 25 years. Vermont was really cold in the winter time. A typical day at work would start at 7AM
Progressive company that is always trying to do what's best for the market
Social Business Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 27, 2015
IBM is a good place to work. Great, long-lasting, progressive company that offers employees plenty of resources to leverage at the workplace and in their personal life. Opportunities to move around within the company to continually grow and build your skillset.
Love my job, not my leadership
Storage Architect (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Work from home, make own hours (within reason), home life balance, pay, benefits
Cons: IBM support model, offshoring of jobs for less quality, lack of senior management guidance
IBM has been an amazing place to work. I enjoy working from home with freedom to manage my work/life schedule as needed. I support primarily East coast operations and tend to be "online" for work around 7am PST. This allows me time to spend with my family in the late afternoons and evenings. I work about 10 hours a day but that is to be expected in this day in age of IT professionals at this level.I occasionally work an on-call rotation supporting all of IBM's GTS clients. This happens about 4 times a year, twice on primary contact and twice on backup contact. My typical work day is working remotely supporting customer's data center support needs. I spend a lot of time on conference calls, writing technical support documents, implementing solutions and email. My coworkers are top notch, highly skilled, technicians in their field. Knowledge sharing is key and critical in our industry and I never have to pry to get data from my colleagues. The hardest part of the job is keeping it. IBM's policy to offshore as much work as possible is creating a stressful work environment, diminishes morale, and supplies sub par service to accounts that sign up for IBM support. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my first line manager, the team of techs and the appreciation of my work from the clients.
Senior IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee), Rochester (Work from Home)July 27, 2015
Worked in a good team environment. I acquired a lot of skills from trainings and while providing services to customer.
My co-workers have good team spirit and are goal driven.
A great company to work for with a corporate culture of inclusion
Telecommunications Analyst - Data (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 27, 2015
Pros: IBM has excellent benefits, each management employee can award upto 6 recognition gifts for exemplary accomplishments
Cons: Being competetive in a globalized economy requires constant work force streamlining, it is mandatory to plan on positions being subject to outsourcing opportunities
IBM is a great company for employment with excellent benefits. Accomplishments are recognized and rewarded. Being a current or prior employee has an inherent feeling of successful career accomplishment,
Temp position at IBM
Project Coordinator for Refresh project (Former Employee), Hammond, INJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Working with new people.
Cons: Position had no benefits.
I was hired by a third party , they would renew and end my contract periodically . I would be without work for a week or two before being called back for another 6 week assignment , at the same place , same position. It was very unnerving to have this happening for over a year.
big company
Freelance Producer/Director/DP/Editor (Former Employee), New York / ConnecticutJuly 27, 2015
Interesting company, people and ideas. It was a pleasure to work with creative minds and leaders in the industry. As a contracted / hired gun I witnessed cutting edge ideas and products before the public.
Limited work life balance, great benefits and perks
Lead Performance Engineer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 27, 2015
The work life balance in GBS is almost non existing, however the overall benefits and perks of working for IBM are great.
IT Education and development
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: International development and learning
Cons: N/A
Worked mainly with International Management and Students.
IT systems classes setup. Friendly co-workers. Associating with international business personal and management.
Extremely productive
Test Manager/QA Lead (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJuly 27, 2015
I had excellent days with IBM, I was involved with many different key and high visible projects, I was available 24/7, dedicated, loyal, committed, delivered quality jobs, satisfied the clients and exceeded their expectations.
I loved working at IBM and met so many good people while working in Tucson, AZ and Fort Wayne, IN.
Packaging Engineer/New Products Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 26, 2015
The culture at IBM when I started was wonderful, we had jobs where we were responsible for producing excellent printers and sorters at Tucson, AZ. I was a Packaging Engineer which included designing, testing and training line employees, and outside suppliers. It was challenging and exciting, because it game me the opportunity to develop training modules for different parts of the distribution process.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries