IBM
5,502 reviews

IBM Employer Reviews

Really professional co-workers
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 27, 2015
Really great customer assignments and professional co-workers. A lot of really experienced and talented employees. Unfortunately management hasn't quite gotten a grip on changes in the industry and so layoffs each year has been terrible on moral.
Place to work
WebSphere Developement (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work : 8am to 5 PM
What you learned: New technology
Management : somewhat ok.
Co-Workers : Good
Enjoyable part of the job: Product delivered !
Quirky, Nerdy, and Stressful
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Working with great people. Health benefits.
Cons: Working inside all day staring at a computer screen. Some buildings have zero windows even.
Although this call center was indeed hundreds of calls in front of a computer screen which can induce stress, the people you work with next to you or over the phone always made the day pretty interesting. As a supervisor for Apple's technical support I spent my days with the best of nerds, with jokes all around, and competent/professional attitudes that helped resolve issues for customers constantly, like at least 50-300 times a day depending on call volume. Not being able to resolve an issue could be quite frustrating, especially at the supervisor level where issues were already more difficult than most. However figuring out complex issues were some of the best moments as well. Overall this company has many contracted projects ranging from Apple, Turbo Tax, Mortgage, etc. all the way to other various positions within IBM's large infrastructure.
I worked from my school
Marketing and Web Design (Current Employee), Storrs Mansfield, CTMarch 26, 2015
The clients who we worked with from IBM were great, and very helpful throughout the process.
I typical day working with classmates helped us get a lot of work done and we came up with a lot of ideas.
IBM GBS
Senior Managing Consultant (Former Employee), RemoteMarch 26, 2015
Pros: the Brand name on your resume
Cons: minimal rewards
Utilization is most important, 93% or greater, emphasis is on the individual to find project to work on, must give back to the company its expected, long work hours, minimal rewards and no raises, employees are nickeled and dimed on benefits, taxes and services, too many layers of management, great place for a college grade to get 2-3 experience than move on, not a long term place to work.
Not what I expected
Senior Physical Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Roseville, CaliforniaMarch 25, 2015
IBM is not the company it was and is not what I expected. There are issues with the IT management in their clietn relations.
GREAT EXPOSURE AND EXPERIENCE
HRIS Business Analyst (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 25, 2015
The culture is very laid-back and employee friendly. Several management interactions is a plus. Very understanding of your personal responsibilities and will try to assist. Typical day consist of reporting to Exec, managements,ops managers operational production. Challenging aspect would be decisive vision at times or directives, though through meaningful dialogue eventually reach a consensus. Enjoy the freedom to learn.
IBM is not what it used to be
Software Engineer (Current Employee), RTPMarch 25, 2015
Pros: You can work from home if need be
Cons: No coffee, no water, onboarding experience is horrible
There isn't any funding for anything. Managers pay out of their pockets for team picnics or for a team luncheon. There is no training - you are thrown in the fire and expected to meet deadlines and know how to complete your project. Documentation is lacking or non-existent. Raises are had to come by, and bonuses are rare. Even market based raises are scarce and given out only if you receive a very high rating.
Top notch
Customer Engineer/Developer (Former Employee), New JerseyMarch 25, 2015
Top notch experience and training especially the Marketing aspects.

I met wonderful people and had the opportunity to take classes in
Marketing given to new IBM employees.
Productive and fun work place
Global Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 25, 2015
A typical day for me working at IBM start off as checking email and calendars for possible conflicts and Travel when requested. I supported 3 Directors and 2 Distinguish Engineers and 1 Executive manager. My day was spent closing monitoring meeting reschedule and meeting conflicts. I learned the business side of IBM. The hardest part of the job is getting a close relationship with the clients and loosing them to downsizing or no longer need support. Most enjoyable part was meeting and talking to people globally.
Great and enjoyable work
IT Field Installer (Current Employee), GeorgiaMarch 24, 2015
I enjoy working for IBM as a field installer. I can honestly do my job everyday with a smile on my face. Got the opportunity to increase my knowledge of small office networks as well as my customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was just driving to different cities to do installs. Other than the driving everything else was equally enjoyable.
Nice Experience
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Itv was a very fruitful experience............................. ........... ................. ............... ........... .......... ....... ............. ........... ......... ...... ..... ......... ......
Lots of innovative solutions
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Essex JunctionMarch 23, 2015
Pros
-Great coworkers, many very good at what they do
-Lots of opportunity for innovation
-Lots of first of a kind type projects
-Great work life balance

Cons
-Lots of layoffs recently, morale took a big hit for a time
-Very old tools that require lots of manual intervention to keep things going
-Corporate does a pretty good job of making you feel like a number
-Starting salary is good, but growth is awful from that point forward
Poor place to work
Level 2 Software Support Engineer (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 23, 2015
Cons: pay, management
This used to be a good place to work, good pay, good benefits, thoughtful management. This is no longer the case, pay is low compared with competitors, they are unable to retain decent technically staff.
Good place to build career
Mobile Security Consulting Lead (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2015
It is good company to work for, as with other consulting companies work life balance depends on type of projects that you work and your manager. Nice people to work with, very professional organization
Good to work in Brand name company "IBM"
SAP-FI Consultant (Current Employee), INMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible working time, work/life balanced
Cons: no increment & risk of getting mismanaged project
Very flexible working environment & number of people with different skill sets. Work/life balance is achieved & good learning scope if you are willing to learn. Being Matrix organization management can be considered as pros & cons as well. The hardest part is that if you got stuck in the project then difficult to change.
The different Subject matter experts working in the same organization & we can get their special help was one of the very best part.

All the mentioned points changes project to project
I hate working at IBM
Software Engineer - Integration (Current Employee), Wayne, PAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: Discounts from stores and businesses
Cons: working for IBM
IBM in Wayne couldn't have more anti patterns. It is incredibly dysfunctional. Salaries do not reflect your skill at all. Management is incompetent and useless. On the plus side, IBM does get some good discounts. There is no advancement or merit increases. This has been a really horrible place to work. Other parts of IBM may not be as bad but I will never work for this company again. IBM corporate is lost and confused. They waste a lot of time on senseless things. I expect IBM to have serious problems in the future.
Great Place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no retirement plan, only 401k
Great Place to work. Very nice work environment. Great rec-center. Good food. Great pay (RTP location). Good mentor programs. Great work experience.
Excellent Company.
Project & Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
IBM is an excellent company to work for. Great chance for advancement. Due to multiple workforce reductions lack of job security.
Great company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee), RemoteMarch 20, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: work from home
I learned more than I could ever imagine. Many opportunities to advance in the company if you are interested. I have met many wonderful people over the years that will remain friends forever.

1 2 3 4 5

About IBM

International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global – Read more

IBM Salaries